Old 11-12-2004, 07:56 PM
usual suspect

usual suspect wrote:

Two minor corrections:

snip more romantic bs about third-world farming practices

Meant to be "snip of romantic bs about third-world *subsistence* farming
practices."

If you are going to compare a wild moose with something,
compare it to similar wildcrafted vegan food, like wild
raspberries, or wild apples, or wild nuts, etc. 0 cds for
everyone. Woops, I forgot, you killed the moose!
1 cd for you.

That moose is not a collateral death. It's death is primarily intentional.

Its, even.

Old 11-12-2004, 08:22 PM
Scented Nectar

Thanks for helping to demonstrate that, contrary to the
foolish assertions of John Coleman, "veganism" VERY
MUCH IS about a numbers game.

The numbers, when calculated properly will always
show eating vegan is better.

It IS a form of religion. A belief system need not
have priests and sacred texts to be a religion,
although "veganism" has things very much like priests
and sacred texts.

I don't agree. At it's most extreme, it could be called
a lifestyle or a philosophy.

There is no such word as "veganic".

There should be. It's a great word. Someone here used
it a few days ago.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Old 11-12-2004, 08:24 PM
Scented Nectar

snip more romantic bs about third-world farming practices
If you are going to compare a wild moose with something,
compare it to similar wildcrafted vegan food, like wild
raspberries, or wild apples, or wild nuts, etc. 0 cds for
everyone. Woops, I forgot, you killed the moose!
1 cd for you.

That moose is not a collateral death. It's death is primarily

intentional.

Oookay. Correction: '1 id for you'.

Old 11-12-2004, 08:37 PM
usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
snip more romantic bs about third-world farming practices

If you are going to compare a wild moose with something,
compare it to similar wildcrafted vegan food, like wild
raspberries, or wild apples, or wild nuts, etc. 0 cds for
everyone. Woops, I forgot, you killed the moose!
1 cd for you.

That moose is not a collateral death. It's death is primarily
intentional.

Oookay. Correction: '1 id for you'.

IIRC, a 900 pound bull moose will dress out at about 500 pounds. That's
2000 quarter-pound servings from one dead animal. Your rice, Yves
fake-meat sausage, and other foods result in many more animal
casualities and fatalities. How many meals do you get from all those
dead mice, frogs, rats, snakes, birds, deer, and whatever else gets run
over, sliced, diced, poisoned, or drowned so you can eat fake meat and
machine-harvested rice? If it's more than 2000, you can claim victory in
the counting game. Until then, what I told you before stands:

Moose-included diet: one animal death results in many meals.
Your vegan diet: many animal deaths result in one meal.

Old 11-12-2004, 08:43 PM
rick etter

"Scented Nectar" wrote in message
2) veganism isn't a numbers game,

"Objecting to the 1001st Death" is simply an expression, it does

not
intend
to reflect a specific number of deaths.

It absolutely implies a numbers game, yet it provides no credible or
authoitative numerical facts.

=====================
yet they have been provided. Always snipped out by the likes of

you....

As far as numbers go, usual has posted in
alt.food.vegan proof that at it's very best the
meat industry has a 2.5:1 crop:finalproduct
ratio.

====================
Yet you still ignore the fact that not all meat needs or gets this
crop/finishing. Why is that hypocrite? Afraid that it shows the ignorance
and hypocrisy of your spew?

Vegan foods of coarse have a 1:1.
=================
No, it does not, and he should you that too! Why do your selectivly pick
and choose, then dishonestly spin what you are told, killer?

As far as animal deaths from non-veganic
farming goes, at best the meat industry
causes 2.5 times the cds.

================
No, it is not. hy do you repeat this ly over and over? trying to convince
yourself?

Veganism starts with not eating animal products as a basic, and it

does
indeed leave much to ones own judgement. I do not regard this as a

flaw.
Veganism is inclusive and tries not to be too dogmatic.

====================
ROTFLMAO It's the very definition os such as practiced here on

usenet!

Why do you have to keep on being reminded
that veganism is not a religion?

==================
But it is, your dogmatic faith in the lys that you keep posting prove it,
hypocrite.

It is completely unsubstantiated that "veganic" farming would be a
workable
solution to feeding the human population.

There is no reason it would not work for most.

==================
It's still machine intensive you ignorant dolt.

No it's not. Veganic farming, I believe uses
compassionate harvesting (=manual, usually).

====================
And you can feed the world how? Face it, you know as little about that as
anything else you've posted. Try learning about it, killer. It applies to
large scale farms as well....

What a load of BS. What number do you want? There is 1, the moose,

fool!
He provides thousands of meals! Prove that your tofu substitute

meats
cause less than 1, fool. Come on, show your claims! Soy processing

into
tofu is an intensive process, despite your continued claims. massive

inputs
from the petro-chemical industry are required from seeding to putting

the
fake crap on your plate! Destruction and animal deaths around the

world,
not just where you eat the final product. You are seriously

terminally
ignorant if you wish to dispute that.

If you are going to compare a wild moose with something,
compare it to similar wildcrafted vegan food, like wild
raspberries, or wild apples, or wild nuts, etc. 0 cds for
everyone. Woops, I forgot, you killed the moose!
1 cd for you.

====================
No fool. There is no need for me to compare any meat to any specific
veggies. You have already made the claim that all vegan diets are better
than any meat-included diets. You made the original comparison, so all I
have to do is show you how you lied. Very easy to do really, just read what
you write, and poof, the lys are there...

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
Has a fun 'Jump to a Randon Link' button.
Irony, ignorance and hypocrisy on display.

Old 11-12-2004, 08:45 PM
rick etter

Thanks for again displaying your dishonesty, stinky...

"Scented Nectar" wrote in message
Thanks for helping to demonstrate that, contrary to the
foolish assertions of John Coleman, "veganism" VERY
MUCH IS about a numbers game.

The numbers, when calculated properly will always
show eating vegan is better.

================
Then prove your numbers fool! Come on, it should be easy, since you make
that claim all the time.

Old 11-12-2004, 08:46 PM
rick etter

"Scented Nectar" wrote in message
snip more romantic bs about third-world farming practices
If you are going to compare a wild moose with something,
compare it to similar wildcrafted vegan food, like wild
raspberries, or wild apples, or wild nuts, etc. 0 cds for
everyone. Woops, I forgot, you killed the moose!
1 cd for you.

That moose is not a collateral death. It's death is primarily

intentional.

Oookay. Correction: '1 id for you'.

==============
and 10,000 cds for you. Now we're even, right killer?

Old 11-12-2004, 08:47 PM
Scented Nectar

IIRC, a 900 pound bull moose will dress out at about 500 pounds.

That's
2000 quarter-pound servings from one dead animal. Your rice, Yves
fake-meat sausage, and other foods result in many more animal
casualities and fatalities. How many meals do you get from all those
dead mice, frogs, rats, snakes, birds, deer, and whatever else gets

run
over, sliced, diced, poisoned, or drowned so you can eat fake meat and
machine-harvested rice? If it's more than 2000, you can claim victory

in
the counting game. Until then, what I told you before stands:

Moose-included diet: one animal death results in many meals.
Your vegan diet: many animal deaths result in one meal.

How many times must I correct you? If you are going
to compare wildcrafted meat with 0 cds, then compare
it to wildcrafted and/or veganically grown plant-based
food, also with 0 cds.