Old 11-07-2019, 11:31 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default disturbing RFC news:

ONO! ;-[]

The RFC certified unofficial site has "left the building"
This is the good one with old member pictures, recipes,
birthdays, etc

I went to it yesterday: recfoodcooking.org
and got the following screen message:

The domain recfoodcooking.org is may be for sale. Please send an
inquiry to

Maybe someone here with spare money and time might take it over
and bring it back to life but that probably won't happen.

"All things must pass" ;(

Old 11-07-2019, 11:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 06:31:28 -0400, Gary wrote:

ONO! ;-[]

The RFC certified unofficial site has "left the building"
This is the good one with old member pictures, recipes,
birthdays, etc

I went to it yesterday: recfoodcooking.org
and got the following screen message:

The domain recfoodcooking.org is may be for sale. Please send an
inquiry to

Maybe someone here with spare money and time might take it over
and bring it back to life but that probably won't happen.

"All things must pass" ;(

Come on, Gary, I'm sure you have a few dollars kicking around doing
nothing. They probably date back all the way to the 70s.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Gary wrote:

ONO! ;-[]

The RFC certified unofficial site has "left the building"
This is the good one with old member pictures, recipes,
birthdays, etc

I went to it yesterday: recfoodcooking.org
and got the following screen message:

The domain recfoodcooking.org is may be for sale. Please send an
inquiry to

Maybe someone here with spare money and time might take it over
and bring it back to life but that probably won't happen.

"All things must pass" ;(

Why the surprise, this froup has been dead for a very long whiles now...95% of the posts are worthless...

--
Best
Greg
Old 11-07-2019, 12:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 04:17:37 -0700 (PDT), GM
wrote:

Gary wrote:

ONO! ;-[]

The RFC certified unofficial site has "left the building"
This is the good one with old member pictures, recipes,
birthdays, etc

I went to it yesterday: recfoodcooking.org
and got the following screen message:

The domain recfoodcooking.org is may be for sale. Please send an
inquiry to

Maybe someone here with spare money and time might take it over
and bring it back to life but that probably won't happen.

"All things must pass" ;(

Why the surprise, this froup has been dead for a very long whiles now...95% of the posts are worthless...

Such as your political diarrhea posts?
Old 11-07-2019, 05:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 06:31:28 -0400, Gary wrote:

Maybe someone here with spare money and time might take it over
and bring it back to life but that probably won't happen.

It's been down since 6/24/19. And guess what? It's your year to
pay. Wire $12 to this bank and tell them to point it back to where
it was:

https://www.moniker.com/support

And no more teasing about John's death.

-sw

Old 11-07-2019, 05:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 06:31:28 -0400, Gary wrote:

ONO! ;-[]

The RFC certified unofficial site has "left the building"
This is the good one with old member pictures, recipes,
birthdays, etc

I went to it yesterday: recfoodcooking.org
and got the following screen message:

The domain recfoodcooking.org is may be for sale. Please send an
inquiry to

Maybe someone here with spare money and time might take it over
and bring it back to life but that probably won't happen.

"All things must pass" ;(

Dude the Newsgroup will not ever go anywhere. It does not matter who
buys it or who sells it. Besides how can you sell an open forum that
has already been established on many servers?

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Old 11-07-2019, 06:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 06:31:28 -0400, Gary wrote:

ONO! ;-[]

The RFC certified unofficial site has "left the building"
This is the good one with old member pictures, recipes,
birthdays, etc

I went to it yesterday: recfoodcooking.org
and got the following screen message:

The domain recfoodcooking.org is may be for sale. Please send an
inquiry to

Maybe someone here with spare money and time might take it over
and bring it back to life but that probably won't happen.

"All things must pass" ;(

Dude the Newsgroup will not ever go anywhere. It does not matter who
buys it or who sells it. Besides how can you sell an open forum that
has already been established on many servers?

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Hes not talking about the Usenet newsgroup itself, but a domain that
existed previously and was used for rfc stuff, like photos of us,
recipes, etc. The website was maintained by an rfc member.

Old 11-07-2019, 08:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 12:31:19 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
ONO! ;-[]

The RFC certified unofficial site has "left the building"
This is the good one with old member pictures, recipes,
birthdays, etc

I went to it yesterday: recfoodcooking.org
and got the following screen message:

The domain recfoodcooking.org is may be for sale. Please send an
inquiry to

Maybe someone here with spare money and time might take it over
and bring it back to life but that probably won't happen.

"All things must pass" ;(

Somebody already owns it - for now, at least. Mostly, that site wants to sell you some other similar sounding domain or somebody bought it for resale. My guess is that you could probably register it in your name for cheap - but why would you?
Old 11-07-2019, 11:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

JK has extra cash plus is a computer whizz. Step up John and save us.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 15:01:46 -0700 (PDT), Thomas
wrote:

JK has extra cash plus is a computer whizz. Step up John and save us.

Sadly, our potential wealthy digital philanthropist has proclaimed to
have "eschewed tech". John can now be found fighting the local tribes
of squirrels for their acorn hoards, and drinking direct from the
local streams (AKA drains).

Old 12-07-2019, 05:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 5:01:50 PM UTC-5, Thomas wrote:
JK has extra cash plus is a computer whizz. Step up John and save us.

You mean the Other John?

John Kuthe...
Old 12-07-2019, 01:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeus" wrote in message ...

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 06:31:28 -0400, Gary wrote:

ONO! ;-[]

Gasp.

The RFC certified unofficial site has "left the building"
This is the good one with old member pictures, recipes,
birthdays, etc

I went to it yesterday: recfoodcooking.org
and got the following screen message:

The domain recfoodcooking.org is may be for sale. Please send an
inquiry to

Maybe someone here with spare money and time might take it over
and bring it back to life but that probably won't happen.

"All things must pass" ;(

One can still view parts of it:
https://web.archive.org/web/2018*/recfoodcooking.org
https://web.archive.org/web/20180830...org/index.html

====

Was it not someone called 'Kathy' running it?

Old 12-07-2019, 02:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeus" wrote:

One can still view parts of it:
https://web.archive.org/web/20180830...org/index.html

This one seems to work fine. Thank you for that. I didn't know
that websites were archived.

I just wanted to look up a recipe. Guess now, I'll look through
them and copy any I might want to keep.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 13:16:45 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Jeus" wrote in message ...

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 06:31:28 -0400, Gary wrote:

ONO! ;-[]

Gasp.

The RFC certified unofficial site has "left the building"
This is the good one with old member pictures, recipes,
birthdays, etc

I went to it yesterday: recfoodcooking.org
and got the following screen message:

The domain recfoodcooking.org is may be for sale. Please send an
inquiry to

Maybe someone here with spare money and time might take it over
and bring it back to life but that probably won't happen.

"All things must pass" ;(

One can still view parts of it:
https://web.archive.org/web/2018*/recfoodcooking.org
https://web.archive.org/web/20180830...org/index.html

====

Was it not someone called 'Kathy' running it?

Chatty Cathy... I emailed her yesterday and asked about it... no reply
as of yet.
Old 12-07-2019, 04:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

"Jeus" wrote in message ...

[...]

===

Ahh yes! Chatty Cathy!