Old 15-10-2015, 03:37 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Good News, Bad News

Good news: My grocery store FINALLY has Oreo thins on the shelf.

Bad news: They don't stock labneh anymore and it's not a matter of
finding another store in the same chain that does (12 within 5 miles
of my house) - it's not on the product list. Poof.

Frustrating news: They've reorganized the store and you know how it
is when that happens.

--

sf

Old 15-10-2015, 04:26 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 19:37:50 -0700, sf wrote:

Frustrating news: They've reorganized the store and you know how it
is when that happens.

I'm firmly convinved the reason grocery stores will reorganize (read:
move everything somewhere else!) is to force experienced customers to
have to look at a lot more of the stuff the store carries looking for
what they want!! Experienced customers know exactly where the items
that they seek to buy are, so they don't normally look at (read: be
more likely to buy) all the rest of the crap they stock and carry!

****ing grocery stores!! I'm STILL not gonna buy any of that crap you
sell! I'm only there for what *I* want, not all the crap you want to
sell me!

John Kuthe...
Old 15-10-2015, 04:44 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 19:37:50 -0700, sf wrote:

Frustrating news: They've reorganized the store and you know how it
is when that happens.

I'm firmly convinved the reason grocery stores will reorganize (read:
move everything somewhere else!) is to force experienced customers to
have to look at a lot more of the stuff the store carries looking for
what they want!! Experienced customers know exactly where the items
that they seek to buy are, so they don't normally look at (read: be
more likely to buy) all the rest of the crap they stock and carry!

****ing grocery stores!! I'm STILL not gonna buy any of that crap you
sell! I'm only there for what *I* want, not all the crap you want to
sell me!

John Kuthe...

Have a couuple of shots of Makers Mark and relax.

Cheri

Old 15-10-2015, 05:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 20:44:05 -0700, "Cheri"
wrote:

"John Kuthe" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 19:37:50 -0700, sf wrote:

Frustrating news: They've reorganized the store and you know how it
is when that happens.

I'm firmly convinved the reason grocery stores will reorganize (read:
move everything somewhere else!) is to force experienced customers to
have to look at a lot more of the stuff the store carries looking for
what they want!! Experienced customers know exactly where the items
that they seek to buy are, so they don't normally look at (read: be
more likely to buy) all the rest of the crap they stock and carry!

****ing grocery stores!! I'm STILL not gonna buy any of that crap you
sell! I'm only there for what *I* want, not all the crap you want to
sell me!

John Kuthe...

Have a couuple of shots of Makers Mark and relax.

Cheri

You DO know my poison! I HAVE a couple of good drinks worth left in a
bottle in my kitchen. No ice though, I need to get some ice cube trays
made in USA. Know of any?

John Kuthe...
Old 15-10-2015, 06:52 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 20:44:05 -0700, "Cheri"
wrote:

"John Kuthe" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I don't know of any except the metal ones.

Cheri

Old 15-10-2015, 09:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

"John Kuthe" wrote in message
[...]

Are you saying you can't get plastic ice cube trays?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 15-10-2015, 12:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 23:49:02 -0500, John Kuthe
wrote:

You DO know my poison! I HAVE a couple of good drinks worth left in a
bottle in my kitchen. No ice though, I need to get some ice cube trays
made in USA. Know of any?

John Kuthe...

Check this out:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Igloo-Port...Maker/31136425

William

Old 15-10-2015, 02:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message

"John Kuthe" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 20:44:05 -0700, "Cheri"
wrote:

"John Kuthe" wrote in message
m...
[...]

I don't know if you can get plastic ice cube trays that are made in the USA,
because I have an ice maker and have never checked, so I only know that some
of the metal trays are made in the USA because I used to have some.

Cheri

Old 15-10-2015, 03:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message

"John Kuthe" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 20:44:05 -0700, "Cheri"
wrote:

"John Kuthe" wrote in message
om...
[...]

OK. I suppose there won't be as many stand alone ice makers here (if that
is what you are referring to). Plastic ce cube trays are available here in
most supermarkets among the kitchen stuff.

I don't have a stand alone, nor an auto one on the fridge/freezer. I fill
ice cube trays with water which then go into my little 'under the counter'
upright freezer which lives in my kitchen

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 15-10-2015, 03:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" wrote in message

Good news: My grocery store FINALLY has Oreo thins on the shelf.

Bad news: They don't stock labneh anymore and it's not a matter of
finding another store in the same chain that does (12 within 5 miles
of my house) - it's not on the product list. Poof.

Frustrating news: They've reorganized the store and you know how it
is when that happens.

The cross you bear trruly humbles me.

---

Old 15-10-2015, 03:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 22:52:09 -0700, "Cheri"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"John Kuthe" wrote in message
[...]

Made in USA metal ones? I could go for those.

John Kuthe...
Old 15-10-2015, 03:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

You DO know my poison! I HAVE a couple of good drinks worth left in a
bottle in my kitchen. No ice though, I need to get some ice cube trays
made in USA. Know of any?

John Kuthe...

Check this out:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Igloo-Port...Maker/31136425

William

Nothing from MalWart!! Ever!! Here's why:

Frontline expose:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../walmart/view/

Music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw64hRgLBqM

Lyrics:
http://www.lyricsvip.com/The-Reveren...re-Lyrics.html

Results: Data from
http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c5700.html

U.S. Trade Imbalance with China (millions of dollars, to China)

Year Amount
1985 6
1986 1664
1987 2796
1988 3489
1989 6234
1990 10431
1991 12591
1992 18309
1993 22777
1994 29505
1995 33789
1996 39520
1997 47695
1998 56927
1999 68677
2000 83833
2001 83096
2002 103064
2003 124068
2004 161938
2005 201544
2006 232548
2007 258506
2008 268040
2009 208688
2010 273063
2011 295422
2012 315053
2013 318417
2014 342632

John Kuthe...
Old 15-10-2015, 03:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 12:03:13 GMT, "l not -l" wrote:

On 14-Oct-2015, John Kuthe wrote:

I need to get some ice cube trays
made in USA. Know of any?

Maybe you can find some through this site or its discussion forum.
http://keepitusamade.com/links.htm

Thankls. Yeah, I'm a member of some Facebook groups dealing with
keeping manufacturing in USA alive too. I will check this out.

John Kuthe...
Old 15-10-2015, 03:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 07:12:33 -0700, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:

"sf" wrote in message
.. .

Good news: My grocery store FINALLY has Oreo thins on the shelf.

Bad news: They don't stock labneh anymore and it's not a matter of
finding another store in the same chain that does (12 within 5 miles
of my house) - it's not on the product list. Poof.

Frustrating news: They've reorganized the store and you know how it
is when that happens.

The cross you bear trruly humbles me.

Yeah, it;s a heck of a lot easier to keep your head burined in the
sand and pretend that everything is JUST FINE, when it's NOT!!

John Kuthe...
Old 15-10-2015, 03:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 15:06:04 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Cheri" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message

"John Kuthe" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 20:44:05 -0700, "Cheri"
wrote:

"John Kuthe" wrote in message
news:[email protected] com...
[...]

Made in USA is high on my list of requirements. I am trying very hard
never to buy cheap Chinese JUNK, ever!!

John Kuthe...