Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Good News, Bad News

Good news: My grocery store FINALLY has Oreo thins on the shelf.

Bad news: They don't stock labneh anymore and it's not a matter of
finding another store in the same chain that does (12 within 5 miles
of my house) - it's not on the product list. Poof.

Frustrating news: They've reorganized the store and you know how it
is when that happens.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 19:37:50 -0700, sf > wrote:

>Frustrating news: They've reorganized the store and you know how it
>is when that happens.

I'm firmly convinved the reason grocery stores will reorganize (read:
move everything somewhere else!) is to force experienced customers to
have to look at a lot more of the stuff the store carries looking for
what they want!! Experienced customers know exactly where the items
that they seek to buy are, so they don't normally look at (read: be
more likely to buy) all the rest of the crap they stock and carry!

****ing grocery stores!! I'm STILL not gonna buy any of that crap you
sell! I'm only there for what *I* want, not all the crap you want to
sell me!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 19:37:50 -0700, sf > wrote:

>>Frustrating news: They've reorganized the store and you know how it
>>is when that happens.

> I'm firmly convinved the reason grocery stores will reorganize (read:
> move everything somewhere else!) is to force experienced customers to
> have to look at a lot more of the stuff the store carries looking for
> what they want!! Experienced customers know exactly where the items
> that they seek to buy are, so they don't normally look at (read: be
> more likely to buy) all the rest of the crap they stock and carry!
>
> ****ing grocery stores!! I'm STILL not gonna buy any of that crap you
> sell! I'm only there for what *I* want, not all the crap you want to
> sell me!
>
> John Kuthe...

Have a couuple of shots of Makers Mark and relax.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 20:44:05 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 19:37:50 -0700, sf > wrote:

>>>Frustrating news: They've reorganized the store and you know how it
>>>is when that happens.

>> I'm firmly convinved the reason grocery stores will reorganize (read:
>> move everything somewhere else!) is to force experienced customers to
>> have to look at a lot more of the stuff the store carries looking for
>> what they want!! Experienced customers know exactly where the items
>> that they seek to buy are, so they don't normally look at (read: be
>> more likely to buy) all the rest of the crap they stock and carry!
>>
>> ****ing grocery stores!! I'm STILL not gonna buy any of that crap you
>> sell! I'm only there for what *I* want, not all the crap you want to
>> sell me!
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>Have a couuple of shots of Makers Mark and relax.
>
>Cheri

You DO know my poison! I HAVE a couple of good drinks worth left in a
bottle in my kitchen. No ice though, I need to get some ice cube trays
made in USA. Know of any?

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 20:44:05 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>

>>"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> I'm firmly convinved the reason grocery stores will reorganize (read:
>>> move everything somewhere else!) is to force experienced customers to
>>> have to look at a lot more of the stuff the store carries looking for
>>> what they want!! Experienced customers know exactly where the items
>>> that they seek to buy are, so they don't normally look at (read: be
>>> more likely to buy) all the rest of the crap they stock and carry!
>>>
>>> ****ing grocery stores!! I'm STILL not gonna buy any of that crap you
>>> sell! I'm only there for what *I* want, not all the crap you want to
>>> sell me!
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...

>>Have a couuple of shots of Makers Mark and relax.
>>
>>Cheri

> You DO know my poison! I HAVE a couple of good drinks worth left in a
> bottle in my kitchen. No ice though, I need to get some ice cube trays
> made in USA. Know of any?
>
> John Kuthe...

I don't know of any except the metal ones.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "John Kuthe" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 20:44:05 -0700, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>>Have a couuple of shots of Makers Mark and relax.
>>>
>>>Cheri

>> You DO know my poison! I HAVE a couple of good drinks worth left in a
>> bottle in my kitchen. No ice though, I need to get some ice cube trays
>> made in USA. Know of any?
>>
>> John Kuthe...

> I don't know of any except the metal ones.

Are you saying you can't get plastic ice cube trays?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 23:49:02 -0500, John Kuthe >
wrote:

>You DO know my poison! I HAVE a couple of good drinks worth left in a
>bottle in my kitchen. No ice though, I need to get some ice cube trays
>made in USA. Know of any?
>
>John Kuthe...

Check this out:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Igloo-Port...Maker/31136425

William

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>>
>> "John Kuthe" > wrote in message

m...

>>> You DO know my poison! I HAVE a couple of good drinks worth left in a
>>> bottle in my kitchen. No ice though, I need to get some ice cube trays
>>> made in USA. Know of any?
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...

>> I don't know of any except the metal ones.

> Are you saying you can't get plastic ice cube trays?

I don't know if you can get plastic ice cube trays that are made in the USA,
because I have an ice maker and have never checked, so I only know that some
of the metal trays are made in the USA because I used to have some.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

om...

>>> I don't know of any except the metal ones.

>> Are you saying you can't get plastic ice cube trays?

> I don't know if you can get plastic ice cube trays that are made in the
> USA, because I have an ice maker and have never checked, so I only know
> that some of the metal trays are made in the USA because I used to have
> some.

OK. I suppose there won't be as many stand alone ice makers here (if that
is what you are referring to). Plastic ce cube trays are available here in
most supermarkets among the kitchen stuff.

I don't have a stand alone, nor an auto one on the fridge/freezer. I fill
ice cube trays with water which then go into my little 'under the counter'
upright freezer which lives in my kitchen

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message

> Good news: My grocery store FINALLY has Oreo thins on the shelf.
>
> Bad news: They don't stock labneh anymore and it's not a matter of
> finding another store in the same chain that does (12 within 5 miles
> of my house) - it's not on the product list. Poof.
>
> Frustrating news: They've reorganized the store and you know how it
> is when that happens.

The cross you bear trruly humbles me.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 22:52:09 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 20:44:05 -0700, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>>Have a couuple of shots of Makers Mark and relax.
>>>
>>>Cheri

>> You DO know my poison! I HAVE a couple of good drinks worth left in a
>> bottle in my kitchen. No ice though, I need to get some ice cube trays
>> made in USA. Know of any?
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>I don't know of any except the metal ones.
>
>Cheri

Made in USA metal ones? I could go for those.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 07:36:28 -0400, William > wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 23:49:02 -0500, John Kuthe >
>wrote:
>
>>You DO know my poison! I HAVE a couple of good drinks worth left in a
>>bottle in my kitchen. No ice though, I need to get some ice cube trays
>>made in USA. Know of any?
>>
>>John Kuthe...

>Check this out:
>

>http://www.walmart.com/ip/Igloo-Port...Maker/31136425
>

>William

Nothing from MalWart!! Ever!! Here's why:

Frontline expose:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../walmart/view/

Music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw64hRgLBqM

Lyrics:
http://www.lyricsvip.com/The-Reveren...re-Lyrics.html

Results: Data from
http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c5700.html

U.S. Trade Imbalance with China (millions of dollars, to China)

Year Amount
1985 6
1986 1664
1987 2796
1988 3489
1989 6234
1990 10431
1991 12591
1992 18309
1993 22777
1994 29505
1995 33789
1996 39520
1997 47695
1998 56927
1999 68677
2000 83833
2001 83096
2002 103064
2003 124068
2004 161938
2005 201544
2006 232548
2007 258506
2008 268040
2009 208688
2010 273063
2011 295422
2012 315053
2013 318417
2014 342632

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 12:03:13 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:

>On 14-Oct-2015, John Kuthe > wrote:
>
>> I need to get some ice cube trays
>> made in USA. Know of any?

>Maybe you can find some through this site or its discussion forum.
>http://keepitusamade.com/links.htm

Thankls. Yeah, I'm a member of some Facebook groups dealing with
keeping manufacturing in USA alive too. I will check this out.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 07:12:33 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
wrote:

>"sf" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Good news: My grocery store FINALLY has Oreo thins on the shelf.
>>
>> Bad news: They don't stock labneh anymore and it's not a matter of
>> finding another store in the same chain that does (12 within 5 miles
>> of my house) - it's not on the product list. Poof.
>>
>> Frustrating news: They've reorganized the store and you know how it
>> is when that happens.

>The cross you bear trruly humbles me.

Yeah, it;s a heck of a lot easier to keep your head burined in the
sand and pretend that everything is JUST FINE, when it's NOT!!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 15:06:04 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> Are you saying you can't get plastic ice cube trays?

>> I don't know if you can get plastic ice cube trays that are made in the
>> USA, because I have an ice maker and have never checked, so I only know
>> that some of the metal trays are made in the USA because I used to have
>> some.

>OK. I suppose there won't be as many stand alone ice makers here (if that
>is what you are referring to). Plastic ce cube trays are available here in
>most supermarkets among the kitchen stuff.
>
>I don't have a stand alone, nor an auto one on the fridge/freezer. I fill
>ice cube trays with water which then go into my little 'under the counter'
>upright freezer which lives in my kitchen

Made in USA is high on my list of requirements. I am trying very hard
never to buy cheap Chinese JUNK, ever!!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 15:06:04 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:

>>> I don't know if you can get plastic ice cube trays that are made in the
>>> USA, because I have an ice maker and have never checked, so I only know
>>> that some of the metal trays are made in the USA because I used to have
>>> some.

>>OK. I suppose there won't be as many stand alone ice makers here (if that
>>is what you are referring to). Plastic ce cube trays are available here
>>in
>>most supermarkets among the kitchen stuff.
>>
>>I don't have a stand alone, nor an auto one on the fridge/freezer. I fill
>>ice cube trays with water which then go into my little 'under the counter'
>>upright freezer which lives in my kitchen

> Made in USA is high on my list of requirements. I am trying very hard
> never to buy cheap Chinese JUNK, ever!!

What does that have to do with buying plastic ice cube trays in UK??

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> Are you saying you can't get plastic ice cube trays?

>> I don't know if you can get plastic ice cube trays that are made in the
>> USA, because I have an ice maker and have never checked, so I only know
>> that some of the metal trays are made in the USA because I used to have
>> some.

> OK. I suppose there won't be as many stand alone ice makers here (if that
> is what you are referring to). Plastic ce cube trays are available here
> in most supermarkets among the kitchen stuff.

No, the icemaker is in the freezer section of my refrigerator. Plastic ice
cube trays are available everywhere here, but I don't know if they are made
in the USA or not since I haven't looked. :-)

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> I don't know if you can get plastic ice cube trays that are made in the
>>> USA, because I have an ice maker and have never checked, so I only know
>>> that some of the metal trays are made in the USA because I used to have
>>> some.

>> OK. I suppose there won't be as many stand alone ice makers here (if
>> that is what you are referring to). Plastic ce cube trays are available
>> here in most supermarkets among the kitchen stuff.

> No, the icemaker is in the freezer section of my refrigerator. Plastic ice
> cube trays are available everywhere here, but I don't know if they are
> made in the USA or not since I haven't looked. :-)

Ahh, I see ... thank you ;-)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> I fill
> ice cube trays with water which then go into my little 'under the counter'
> upright freezer which lives in my kitchen

I have many but only use 2 plastic ice cube trays. They go in my
freezer right underneath the large picture of Einstein. seriously!
:-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-10-15, l not -l > wrote:

> On 14-Oct-2015, John Kuthe > wrote:

>> I need to get some ice cube trays
>> made in USA. Know of any?

> Maybe you can find some through this site or its discussion forum.
> http://keepitusamade.com/links.htm

Maybe you can get off yer dead ass and actually do an online search!:

http://usstuff.com/icetrays.htm

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> I fill
>> ice cube trays with water which then go into my little 'under the
>> counter'
>> upright freezer which lives in my kitchen

> I have many but only use 2 plastic ice cube trays. They go in my
> freezer right underneath the large picture of Einstein. seriously!
> :-D

Cool))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 10:15:48 AM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 22:52:09 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>

> >"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> .. .

> >> You DO know my poison! I HAVE a couple of good drinks worth left in a
> >> bottle in my kitchen. No ice though, I need to get some ice cube trays
> >> made in USA. Know of any?
> >>
> >> John Kuthe...

> >I don't know of any except the metal ones.
> >
> >Cheri

> Made in USA metal ones? I could go for those.
>
> John Kuthe...

Have you tried resale shops? I figure if it's secondhand,
it doesn't matter where it was made.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/14/2015 9:26 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 19:37:50 -0700, sf > wrote:

>> Frustrating news: They've reorganized the store and you know how it
>> is when that happens.

> I'm firmly convinved the reason grocery stores will reorganize (read:
> move everything somewhere else!) is to force experienced customers to
> have to look at a lot more of the stuff the store carries looking for
> what they want!! Experienced customers know exactly where the items
> that they seek to buy are, so they don't normally look at (read: be
> more likely to buy) all the rest of the crap they stock and carry!
>
> ****ing grocery stores!! I'm STILL not gonna buy any of that crap you
> sell! I'm only there for what *I* want, not all the crap you want to
> sell me!
>
> John Kuthe...

Either way, THEY win, you ranting reprobate.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/14/2015 9:44 PM, Cheri wrote:

> "John Kuthe" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 19:37:50 -0700, sf > wrote:

>>> Frustrating news: They've reorganized the store and you know how it
>>> is when that happens.

>> I'm firmly convinved the reason grocery stores will reorganize (read:
>> move everything somewhere else!) is to force experienced customers to
>> have to look at a lot more of the stuff the store carries looking for
>> what they want!! Experienced customers know exactly where the items
>> that they seek to buy are, so they don't normally look at (read: be
>> more likely to buy) all the rest of the crap they stock and carry!
>>
>> ****ing grocery stores!! I'm STILL not gonna buy any of that crap you
>> sell! I'm only there for what *I* want, not all the crap you want to
>> sell me!
>>
>> John Kuthe...

> Have a couuple of shots of Makers Mark and relax.
>
> Cheri

Or the whole bottle!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/14/2015 10:49 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 20:44:05 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:

>>> I'm firmly convinved the reason grocery stores will reorganize (read:
>>> move everything somewhere else!) is to force experienced customers to
>>> have to look at a lot more of the stuff the store carries looking for
>>> what they want!! Experienced customers know exactly where the items
>>> that they seek to buy are, so they don't normally look at (read: be
>>> more likely to buy) all the rest of the crap they stock and carry!
>>>
>>> ****ing grocery stores!! I'm STILL not gonna buy any of that crap you
>>> sell! I'm only there for what *I* want, not all the crap you want to
>>> sell me!
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...

>> Have a couuple of shots of Makers Mark and relax.
>>
>> Cheri

> You DO know my poison! I HAVE a couple of good drinks worth left in a
> bottle in my kitchen. No ice though, I need to get some ice cube trays
> made in USA. Know of any?
>
> John Kuthe...

Good grief....

http://store.dexas.com/2-pack-cube-ice-tray/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe > wrote in
:

> I'm firmly convinved the reason grocery stores will reorganize (read:
> move everything somewhere else!) is to force experienced customers to
> have to look at a lot more of the stuff the store carries looking for
> what they want!! Experienced customers know exactly where the items
> that they seek to buy are, so they don't normally look at (read: be
> more likely to buy) all the rest of the crap they stock and carry!

I agree!

My local Walmart just reorganized their grocery dept. - I'm convinced for
just that reason.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2015 8:12 AM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
> "sf" > wrote in message
>>
>> Good news: My grocery store FINALLY has Oreo thins on the shelf.
>>
>> Bad news: They don't stock labneh anymore and it's not a matter of
>> finding another store in the same chain that does (12 within 5 miles
>> of my house) - it's not on the product list. Poof.
>>
>> Frustrating news: They've reorganized the store and you know how it
>> is when that happens.

> The cross you bear trruly humbles me.

The snark you leak truly embarrasses you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2015 8:16 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> Nothing from MalWart!! Ever!! Here's why:

**** OFF WITH YOUR ANTI WAL MART BULLSHIT!!!!

https://www.minneapolisfed.org/publi...al-communities

Given the terror that Wal-Mart is purported to inflict on communities,
the fedgazette's findings of the firm's economic influence are almost
mundane. Despite its kill-them-all reputation, Wal-Mart is not the
threat that many fear, at least in terms of economic benchmarks commonly
associated with healthy, growing communities.

For example, Wal-Mart is widely believed to destroy local firms and jobs
and to have a dampening effect on wages. But fedgazette findings suggest
the opposite: Firm growth, employment and total earnings were somewhat
stronger in Wal-Mart counties and, in some cases, even in the retail
sector. The research does suggest that retail earnings per job fell in
virtually all counties studied. But they actually fell by less in
Wal-Mart counties.

In sum, fedgazette findings suggest that Wal-Mart has a slightly
positive effect on counties where the retailer decides to set up shop.
But the effects are small; one could call the results mostly a wash. As
a result, maybe the most concrete—and surprising—conclusion is that
Wal-Mart's presence (or lack thereof) has little or no predictive power
regarding the economic success or failure of a county.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2015 9:38 AM, Cheri wrote:

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> I don't know if you can get plastic ice cube trays that are made in
>>> the USA, because I have an ice maker and have never checked, so I
>>> only know that some of the metal trays are made in the USA because I
>>> used to have some.

>> OK. I suppose there won't be as many stand alone ice makers here (if
>> that is what you are referring to). Plastic ce cube trays are
>> available here in most supermarkets among the kitchen stuff.

> No, the icemaker is in the freezer section of my refrigerator. Plastic
> ice cube trays are available everywhere here, but I don't know if they
> are made in the USA or not since I haven't looked. :-)
>
> Cheri

They a

http://store.dexas.com/2-pack-cube-ice-tray/

MADE IN USA
made in usa products
ON SALE

HomeKitchenTools and Gadgets2 Pack Cube Ice Tray

Price: $9.99

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
The new 2 pack silicone trays make and release ice into perfect 1.25" cubes.
• Trays stack into a vertical cube to take less space in freezers than
traditional ice trays
• Trays fit easily into wet bar minifreezers
• Easily create custom flavored ice cubes to compliment any drink
• Dishwasher-safe
Size (per): 4.25" x 4.25" x 2.75
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2015 10:13 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2015-10-15, l not -l > wrote:
>
>> On 14-Oct-2015, John Kuthe > wrote:

>>> I need to get some ice cube trays
>>> made in USA. Know of any?

>> Maybe you can find some through this site or its discussion forum.
>> http://keepitusamade.com/links.htm

> Maybe you can get off yer dead ass and actually do an online search!:
>
> http://usstuff.com/icetrays.htm
>
> nb

LOL!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 9:14:02 AM UTC-7, notbob wrote:
> On 2015-10-15, l not -l > wrote:
>
> > On 14-Oct-2015, John Kuthe > wrote:

> >> I need to get some ice cube trays
> >> made in USA. Know of any?

> > Maybe you can find some through this site or its discussion forum.
> > http://keepitusamade.com/links.htm

> Maybe you can get off yer dead ass and actually do an online search!:
>
> http://usstuff.com/icetrays.htm

People seem to dislike the Sterilite trays, but the trays for arthritic
are highly rated:
http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Touch-Re.../dp/B00CFBQ6JQ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-10-15 12:57 PM, KenK wrote:

>> I'm firmly convinved the reason grocery stores will reorganize (read:
>> move everything somewhere else!) is to force experienced customers to
>> have to look at a lot more of the stuff the store carries looking for
>> what they want!! Experienced customers know exactly where the items
>> that they seek to buy are, so they don't normally look at (read: be
>> more likely to buy) all the rest of the crap they stock and carry!
>>

> I agree!
>
> My local Walmart just reorganized their grocery dept. - I'm convinced for
> just that reason.

I am rarely in a Walmart but I know the other grocery stores do it
regularly. I am not sure how much of it is based on boosting sales of
specific products or a particular line of goods. I can tell you that
there are entire aisles of the store that I rarely bother with until I
find that they have moved the stuff I normally get and I have to go
searching for it.

One way or another, you can bet that there is someone in management who
operates under the philosophy that people in their position have to make
changes in order to justify their position. If everything is running
ideally and there are no positive changes being noted, there is no
reason for them to be in that position.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 16:05:24 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Made in USA is high on my list of requirements. I am trying very hard
>> never to buy cheap Chinese JUNK, ever!!

>What does that have to do with buying plastic ice cube trays in UK??

Everything if you are buying cheap Chinese JUNK plastic ice cube trays
in the UK!! Why not supoport tyhe economy of your own nation by buying
only products MADE in the UK? Doesn't anyone make things in the UK?

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 08:38:06 -0700, "Cheri" >

>No, the icemaker is in the freezer section of my refrigerator. Plastic ice
>cube trays are available everywhere here, but I don't know if they are made
>in the USA or not since I haven't looked. :-)
>
>Cheri

YOU have not looked? Do you care...if your children have jobs?

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 15 Oct 2015 16:13:58 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2015-10-15, l not -l > wrote:
>
>> On 14-Oct-2015, John Kuthe > wrote:

>>> I need to get some ice cube trays
>>> made in USA. Know of any?

>> Maybe you can find some through this site or its discussion forum.
>> http://keepitusamade.com/links.htm

>Maybe you can get off yer dead ass and actually do an online search!:
>
>http://usstuff.com/icetrays.htm
>
>nb

I refuse also to buy anything off Amazon!! **** Amazon!!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 11:06:15 -0600, Arroyo seco > wrote:

>On 10/15/2015 8:16 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> Nothing from MalWart!! Ever!! Here's why:

>**** OFF WITH YOUR ANTI WAL MART BULLSHIT!!!!

**** MALWART!!! I hope it dies a painful economic death!! And I am
working towards that goal by starving MalWart by depriving it of MY
CONSUMER DOLLARS!!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 11:26:12 PM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:

> I'm firmly convinved the reason grocery stores will reorganize (read:
> move everything somewhere else!) is to force experienced customers to
> have to look at a lot more of the stuff the store carries looking for
> what they want!!

Not THIS kid - I stick to my list and avoid all else.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 10:37:55 PM UTC-4, sf wrote:
> Good news: My grocery store FINALLY has Oreo thins on the shelf.
>
> Bad news: They don't stock labneh anymore and it's not a matter of
> finding another store in the same chain that does (12 within 5 miles
> of my house) - it's not on the product list. Poof.
>
> Frustrating news: They've reorganized the store and you know how it
> is when that happens.
>

> --
>
> sf

I have to laugh - You? A cook par excellence? And eating store-bought cookies?
What IS this world coming to.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2015 2:04 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 08:38:06 -0700, "Cheri" >

>> No, the icemaker is in the freezer section of my refrigerator. Plastic ice
>> cube trays are available everywhere here, but I don't know if they are made
>> in the USA or not since I haven't looked. :-)
>>
>> Cheri

> YOU have not looked? Do you care...if your children have jobs?
>
> John Kuthe...

Making ice cube trays?!?!?

Oh joy....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2015 2:07 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On 15 Oct 2015 16:13:58 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>>> Maybe you can find some through this site or its discussion forum.
>>> http://keepitusamade.com/links.htm

>> Maybe you can get off yer dead ass and actually do an online search!:
>>
>> http://usstuff.com/icetrays.htm
>>
>> nb

> I refuse also to buy anything off Amazon!! **** Amazon!!
>
> John Kuthe...

Oh good grief!

Let me guess, the Chinese bought them out?