Old 18-07-2012, 06:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My news reader/news server burped

and I lost which thread this was posted in a subthread and the poster
wanted to know if everyone is all right. They're fine. It was a
surfing competition and what you're looking at is called "reef
draining" and the original photo is here http://www.joliphotos.com/
It is a picture is of a surfing competition at the Teahupoo reef in
Tahiti. Here are more images of surfing reef draining.
http://joli.photoshelter.com/gallery/G0000iRbkAJp33yA
http://www.buzzfeed.com/txblacklabel/reef-draining-28m7
http://www.yosurfer.com/public/photos/324_xl.jpeg
http://www.tim-mckenna.com/image/new...ski01_xxxl.jpg

Old 18-07-2012, 11:44 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/17/2012 7:10 PM, sf wrote:

and I lost which thread this was posted in a subthread and the poster
wanted to know if everyone is all right. They're fine. It was a
surfing competition and what you're looking at is called "reef
draining" and the original photo is here http://www.joliphotos.com/
It is a picture is of a surfing competition at the Teahupoo reef in
Tahiti. Here are more images of surfing reef draining.
http://joli.photoshelter.com/gallery/G0000iRbkAJp33yA
http://www.buzzfeed.com/txblacklabel/reef-draining-28m7
http://www.yosurfer.com/public/photos/324_xl.jpeg
http://www.tim-mckenna.com/image/new...ski01_xxxl.jpg

Teahupoo is a weird wave and was unknown a few years ago. I think that
there's probably hundreds of great surfing spots that are unknown to the
surfing world.

My brother-in-law's friend "discovered" a big wave spot near his home.
The waves will rival anything we have on our North Shore. Jeff Clark
couldn't get anybody to believe that such a place existed and he surfed
that spot alone for over a decade. Eventually, Mavericks in Half-Moon
Bay CA did get noticed and the rest is history. I was there in the 70's.
Mostly all I remember about the place is the quikee-mart and that the
town had a pumpkin festival. I thought that was a hoot.