Old 05-03-2004, 04:03 AM
BOB

Default Good News, Bad News

Good news:
Today I uncrated a FOURTH Kamado (second Mosaic #3).
Bad news:
It belongs to my brother and sister-in-law.
Good News:
There were 15 boxes of Kamado Extruded Coconut Charcoal.
Bad News:
It's not all mine.
Good News:
All the options were included with the order.
Good news:
I used the gas to light the extruded coconut for the initial fire.
Bad news:
The gas for MY K3 wouldn't fit perfectly. All these things (Kamados) are
individually made. The new one fits perfectly. I had to dig out the tools to
change the tank.
Good news:
I used the settings that I remembered from MY K3, and the temp went right up to
200, stayed there for a while, then went up to 250 and stayed. (gas is removed)
Bad News:
I didn't get anything out of the freezer to cook.
Bad news:
I have to be at work @ 6:30 AM, so I'll have to shut it down soon.
Good news:
That Cobalt Blue is even more beautiful than in the pictures.
Good News:
I (personally) like Terra Blue better than the Cobalt Blue.
Good News:
Mine is Terra Blue.
Bad News:
There was slight shipping damage.
Good news:
The marks from the forks (from the fork lift) only scratched the wooden crate
and smushed the cardboard on 2 boxes of charcoal.
Good News:
No damage to the Kamado #3 or the charcoal. Everything was packaged "bullet
proof" and Con-Way did an excellent job of shipping and handling.

All for now. No pictures of the uncrating (in the dark, in Con-Way's lot.
Pictures will be coming of the initial firing. Maybe I can cook something
tomorrow.

BOB

Old 05-03-2004, 03:44 PM
Duwop

BOB wrote:
[...]

As an aspiring K7 owner I love posts like this. Heck, I'd thank you for
sharing even if I weren't.

Prost!

Old 06-03-2004, 09:39 PM
BOB

Duwop wrote:
BOB wrote:
Good news:
Today I uncrated a FOURTH Kamado (second Mosaic #3).
Bad news:
It belongs to my brother and sister-in-law.
Good News:
There were 15 boxes of Kamado Extruded Coconut Charcoal.
Bad News:
It's not all mine.

Snip

Bad News:
There was slight shipping damage.
Good news:
The marks from the forks (from the fork lift) only scratched the
wooden crate and smushed the cardboard on 2 boxes of charcoal.
Good News:
No damage to the Kamado #3 or the charcoal. Everything was packaged
"bullet proof" and Con-Way did an excellent job of shipping and
handling.

All for now. No pictures of the uncrating (in the dark, in Con-Way's
lot. Pictures will be coming of the initial firing. Maybe I can cook
something tomorrow.

BOB

As an aspiring K7 owner I love posts like this. Heck, I'd thank you for
sharing even if I weren't.

Prost!

I won't say that everything has been perfect, but I *have* forgotten those small
details that made *my* 3 purchases less than perfect. I guess I don't rely on
answering machines and e-mails, also, when I talk to people, I treat them like
I'd want to be treated.

BOB

Old 07-03-2004, 01:25 AM
Duwop

BOB wrote:

As an aspiring K7 owner I love posts like this. Heck, I'd thank you
for sharing even if I weren't.

Prost!

I won't say that everything has been perfect, but I *have* forgotten
those small details that made *my* 3 purchases less than perfect. I
guess I don't rely on answering machines and e-mails, also, when I
talk to people, I treat them like I'd want to be treated.

BOB

Well, I'm awful glad Sacto is a 2.5 hour drive from me. I will say that.