BOB

Default Good News, Bad News

Good news:
Today I uncrated a FOURTH Kamado (second Mosaic #3).
Bad news:
It belongs to my brother and sister-in-law.
Good News:
There were 15 boxes of Kamado Extruded Coconut Charcoal.
Bad News:
It's not all mine.
Good News:
All the options were included with the order.
Good news:
I used the gas to light the extruded coconut for the initial fire.
Bad news:
The gas for MY K3 wouldn't fit perfectly. All these things (Kamados) are
individually made. The new one fits perfectly. I had to dig out the tools to
change the tank.
Good news:
I used the settings that I remembered from MY K3, and the temp went right up to
200, stayed there for a while, then went up to 250 and stayed. (gas is removed)
Bad News:
I didn't get anything out of the freezer to cook.
Bad news:
I have to be at work @ 6:30 AM, so I'll have to shut it down soon.
Good news:
That Cobalt Blue is even more beautiful than in the pictures.
Good News:
I (personally) like Terra Blue better than the Cobalt Blue.
Good News:
Mine is Terra Blue.
Bad News:
There was slight shipping damage.
Good news:
The marks from the forks (from the fork lift) only scratched the wooden crate
and smushed the cardboard on 2 boxes of charcoal.
Good News:
No damage to the Kamado #3 or the charcoal. Everything was packaged "bullet
proof" and Con-Way did an excellent job of shipping and handling.

All for now. No pictures of the uncrating (in the dark, in Con-Way's lot.
Pictures will be coming of the initial firing. Maybe I can cook something
tomorrow.

BOB

Duwop

BOB wrote:
> Good news:
> Today I uncrated a FOURTH Kamado (second Mosaic #3).
> Bad news:
> It belongs to my brother and sister-in-law.
> Good News:
> There were 15 boxes of Kamado Extruded Coconut Charcoal.
> Bad News:
> It's not all mine.
> Good News:
> All the options were included with the order.
> Good news:
> I used the gas to light the extruded coconut for the initial fire.
> Bad news:
> The gas for MY K3 wouldn't fit perfectly. All these things (Kamados)
> are individually made. The new one fits perfectly. I had to dig out
> the tools to change the tank.
> Good news:
> I used the settings that I remembered from MY K3, and the temp went
> right up to 200, stayed there for a while, then went up to 250 and
> stayed. (gas is removed) Bad News:
> I didn't get anything out of the freezer to cook.
> Bad news:
> I have to be at work @ 6:30 AM, so I'll have to shut it down soon.
> Good news:
> That Cobalt Blue is even more beautiful than in the pictures.
> Good News:
> I (personally) like Terra Blue better than the Cobalt Blue.
> Good News:
> Mine is Terra Blue.
> Bad News:
> There was slight shipping damage.
> Good news:
> The marks from the forks (from the fork lift) only scratched the
> wooden crate and smushed the cardboard on 2 boxes of charcoal.
> Good News:
> No damage to the Kamado #3 or the charcoal. Everything was packaged
> "bullet proof" and Con-Way did an excellent job of shipping and
> handling.
>
> All for now. No pictures of the uncrating (in the dark, in Con-Way's
> lot. Pictures will be coming of the initial firing. Maybe I can cook
> something tomorrow.
>
> BOB

As an aspiring K7 owner I love posts like this. Heck, I'd thank you for
sharing even if I weren't.

Prost!

BOB

Duwop wrote:
> BOB wrote:
>> Good news:
>> Today I uncrated a FOURTH Kamado (second Mosaic #3).
>> Bad news:
>> It belongs to my brother and sister-in-law.
>> Good News:
>> There were 15 boxes of Kamado Extruded Coconut Charcoal.
>> Bad News:
>> It's not all mine.

Snip

>> Bad News:
>> There was slight shipping damage.
>> Good news:
>> The marks from the forks (from the fork lift) only scratched the
>> wooden crate and smushed the cardboard on 2 boxes of charcoal.
>> Good News:
>> No damage to the Kamado #3 or the charcoal. Everything was packaged
>> "bullet proof" and Con-Way did an excellent job of shipping and
>> handling.
>>
>> All for now. No pictures of the uncrating (in the dark, in Con-Way's
>> lot. Pictures will be coming of the initial firing. Maybe I can cook
>> something tomorrow.
>>
>> BOB

> As an aspiring K7 owner I love posts like this. Heck, I'd thank you for
> sharing even if I weren't.
>
> Prost!

I won't say that everything has been perfect, but I *have* forgotten those small
details that made *my* 3 purchases less than perfect. I guess I don't rely on
answering machines and e-mails, also, when I talk to people, I treat them like
I'd want to be treated.

BOB

Duwop

BOB wrote:

>> As an aspiring K7 owner I love posts like this. Heck, I'd thank you
>> for sharing even if I weren't.
>>
>> Prost!
>>

> I won't say that everything has been perfect, but I *have* forgotten
> those small details that made *my* 3 purchases less than perfect. I
> guess I don't rely on answering machines and e-mails, also, when I
> talk to people, I treat them like I'd want to be treated.
>
> BOB

Well, I'm awful glad Sacto is a 2.5 hour drive from me. I will say that.