Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default disturbing RFC news:

On 7/11/2019 1:54 PM, Jinx the Minx wrote:
> > wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 06:31:28 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>>
>>> ONO! >;-[]
>>>
>>> The RFC certified unofficial site has "left the building"
>>> This is the good one with old member pictures, recipes,
>>> birthdays, etc
>>>
>>> I went to it yesterday: recfoodcooking.org
>>> and got the following screen message:
>>>
>>> The domain recfoodcooking.org is may be for sale. Please send an
>>> inquiry to
>>>
>>> Maybe someone here with spare money and time might take it over
>>> and bring it back to life but that probably won't happen.
>>>
>>> "All things must pass" ;(

>> Dude the Newsgroup will not ever go anywhere. It does not matter who
>> buys it or who sells it. Besides how can you sell an open forum that
>> has already been established on many servers?

Clueless!

> Hes not talking about the Usenet newsgroup itself, but a domain that
> existed previously and was used for rfc €śstuff€ť, like photos of us,
> recipes, etc. The website was maintained by an rfc member.

Indeed it was! Maintained by several members over the course of many
years. It changed hands a bit. It also contains many 'In Memorium'
listings of RFC posters over the years. I sort of figured it was going
by the wayside when regular poster Cheri Gaudet died. I was still able
to access the site and clicked on Contact Webmaster (last known, Chatty
Cathy) and asked that her obit be added to that page on the site. Never
heard back and it never happened. I got the same message Gary did when
I tried to access it some time last month. Yet, when I tried again a
few days later I was able to access the RFC Signature Dishes page and
printed off a recipe I remembered and knew I could easily find there.
It's probably shut down now.

Hey! Sheldon always complains about how no submits pics of themselves
to the RFC photo gallery. Maybe he'd like to buy the domain and become
webmaster. <j/k>

Jill