General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #16 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-05-2019, 11:28 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,795
Default GMO? Organic?? what is your level of knowledge?

On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 6:30:46 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 5/17/2019 12:01 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 9:41:44 AM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/17/2019 11:49 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more days.... and I learned some valuable things.

I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods, Roundup and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all like to have our bodies feel better.

take the time to watch, you won't regret it

https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347

Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.

There is a 3 minute trailer. Their agenda is education about these things and your health.
https://secretingredientsmovie.com/trailer/

* Well , sorta . Their message is that GMO's are bad . But not
(necessarily) because they're GMO's . Mostly because they're doused with
Roundup , which is BadShit in my book . My wife's digestive problems all
started around the time Roundup came into widespread use . Some plants ,
it IS because of GMO genetics - some of them have Bacillus Thurigensis
genes which produce a toxin that kills predator insects . That shit
ain't good for humans either .


What's your evidence for that? People inoculate their soil with
BT all the time. It's a common insecticide for organic gardening
and farming.

Cindy Hamilton

  #17 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-05-2019, 12:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 44,822
Default GMO? Organic?? what is your level of knowledge?


"ImStillMags" wrote in message
...
I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more
days.... and I learned some valuable things.

I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods, Roundup
and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all like to have
our bodies feel better.

take the time to watch, you won't regret it

https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347


I just saw that. Looks good but... Not sure I can believe it. Plus we can't
be sure that the organic stuff we buy is free of Round Up. Sure, the farmer
might use organic soil and not use any chemicals but stuff is in the air and
water. There are signs around here that they are spraying chemicals. People
complain because the helicopters start at 6:00 a.m. No clue what they are
spraying. Just says chemicals.

Do you really think that rice and beans are sprayed with Round Up after
harvest? I hope not! I can get organic rice for not a lot more money but
organic beans are usually expensive.

Also, they were somewhat vague on the diet. Told us what not to eat. But
what about butter, cheese, meat? I've done an organic, plant based diet. My
stomach couldn't handle all that fiber.

It was still a good movie though and I'm not a movie person.

  #18 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-05-2019, 12:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 44,822
Default GMO? Organic?? what is your level of knowledge?


"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
...
On 5/17/2019 11:49 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more
days.... and I learned some valuable things.

I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods, Roundup
and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all like to have
our bodies feel better.

take the time to watch, you won't regret it

https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347

Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see what
their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.


There was some repetition but I think the length was necessary for the most
part. I did skip over one part towards the middle where I already knew what
they were saying. I do believe the testimonials were needed and he is not
trying to sell us anything.

  #19 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-05-2019, 12:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 44,822
Default GMO? Organic?? what is your level of knowledge?


"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
...
On 5/17/2019 12:01 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 9:41:44 AM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/17/2019 11:49 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more
days.... and I learned some valuable things.

I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods,
Roundup and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all
like to have our bodies feel better.

take the time to watch, you won't regret it

https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347

Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.

There is a 3 minute trailer. Their agenda is education about these
things and your health.
https://secretingredientsmovie.com/trailer/

Well , sorta . Their message is that GMO's are bad . But not
(necessarily) because they're GMO's . Mostly because they're doused with
Roundup , which is BadShit in my book . My wife's digestive problems all
started around the time Roundup came into widespread use . Some plants ,
it IS because of GMO genetics - some of them have Bacillus Thurigensis
genes which produce a toxin that kills predator insects . That shit ain't
good for humans either . Ed , IMO it's worth at least a cursory watch .
Play it while you're cooking dinner or something . IMO there's enough
evidence that the stuff should be yanked from the market , but the money
... fattest wallet usually wins in these cases .
Side note - because they often use Roundup to desiccate wheat just before
harvest I use a premium flour to bake all our bread products . Non- GMO
and Roundup-free . This year I'm growing some corn out in the garden as a
test . We'll see if home grown without Roundup causes her intestinal
distress like commercial products do .


I could be wrong here. I got the movie link from Coast to Coast AM. The
burgers that were mentioned here were talked about, I think in the movie,
but it could have been on the radio show. The fake meat is GMO to make new
kinds of protein and it is not digested well.

  #20 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-05-2019, 01:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 44,822
Default GMO? Organic?? what is your level of knowledge?


"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
...
On 5/17/2019 1:02 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 9:41:44 AM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/17/2019 11:49 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more
days.... and I learned some valuable things.

I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods,
Roundup and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all
like to have our bodies feel better.

take the time to watch, you won't regret it

https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347

Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.


how much time are you willing to invest to improve your health? That's
what it is about.

I got 90% of what I needed to know from the trailer. The movie started
off rather boring and did not entice me to spend a lot of time.

I'm not in favor of GMO but do not go crazy to get organic. People often
chide Bruce about his ingredient lists, but he is right. We don't need a
lot of that crap and we avoid it.

Have you heard of the Feingold Diet? Very similar to avoid preservatives
and artificial colors. Made quite a difference in my son's behavior as a
child. especially red food coloring, you could pick him off the ceiling.


Yes. Often recommended for autistic kids. Had a neighbor whose little boy
couldn't have red food coloring. She had a picnic every 4th of July. I
remember her son suddenly acting like he was shot out of a cannon. A well
meaning party goer had given the box some fruity drink with red coloring in
it. He was quite easy going when he stuck to the diet.



  #21 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-05-2019, 01:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 44,822
Default GMO? Organic?? what is your level of knowledge?


"Bruce" wrote in message
...
On Fri, 17 May 2019 14:25:37 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/17/2019 1:02 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 9:41:44 AM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/17/2019 11:49 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more
days.... and I learned some valuable things.

I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods,
Roundup and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all
like to have our bodies feel better.

take the time to watch, you won't regret it

https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347

Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.

how much time are you willing to invest to improve your health? That's
what it is about.

I got 90% of what I needed to know from the trailer. The movie started
off rather boring and did not entice me to spend a lot of time.

I'm not in favor of GMO but do not go crazy to get organic. People
often chide Bruce about his ingredient lists, but he is right. We don't
need a lot of that crap and we avoid it.


Yes, you'd expect people to bit a little more critical in RFC of all
places. But most people here are happy to consume anything the food
industry concocts. And if you're not, you're alarmist. It's not a very
bright lot sometimes.


I am always horrified to see what some people in my life buy at the store.
They never question ingredients and make broad sweeping statements like,
"But I thought cereal was good for you!" Ack. Nope. If I don't make it from
scratch, I always read the ingredients. I just did a cupboard clean out and
will be taking some stuff to my friend. Mostly Asian type sauces that I'd
never eat but my gardener was until he learned what was in them. My friend
eats very little in the way of what I'd call healthy, but refuses to believe
that her diet might be at least partially to blame.

  #22 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-05-2019, 01:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 44,822
Default GMO? Organic?? what is your level of knowledge?


wrote in message
...
On Fri, 17 May 2019 14:25:37 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/17/2019 1:02 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 9:41:44 AM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/17/2019 11:49 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more
days.... and I learned some valuable things.

I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods,
Roundup and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all
like to have our bodies feel better.

take the time to watch, you won't regret it

https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347

Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.

how much time are you willing to invest to improve your health? That's
what it is about.

I got 90% of what I needed to know from the trailer. The movie started
off rather boring and did not entice me to spend a lot of time.

I'm not in favor of GMO but do not go crazy to get organic. People
often chide Bruce about his ingredient lists, but he is right. We don't
need a lot of that crap and we avoid it.

Have you heard of the Feingold Diet? Very similar to avoid
preservatives and artificial colors. Made quite a difference in my
son's behavior as a child. especially red food coloring, you could pick
him off the ceiling.



LOL red food coloring has been proven to have no effect on
hyperactivity in children


Proof?

  #23 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-05-2019, 01:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 44,822
Default GMO? Organic?? what is your level of knowledge?


wrote in message
...
On Fri, 17 May 2019 10:02:53 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
wrote:

On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 9:41:44 AM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/17/2019 11:49 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more
days.... and I learned some valuable things.

I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods,
Roundup and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all
like to have our bodies feel better.

take the time to watch, you won't regret it

https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347

Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.


how much time are you willing to invest to improve your health? That's
what it is about.



Well Theres no evidence that GMOs effect you health
there is no evidence that organics improve your health


Watch the movie. You'll see evidence.

  #24 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-05-2019, 01:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 44,822
Default GMO? Organic?? what is your level of knowledge?


wrote in message
...
On Fri, 17 May 2019 08:49:59 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
wrote:

I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more
days.... and I learned some valuable things.

I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods, Roundup
and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all like to have
our bodies feel better.

take the time to watch, you won't regret it

https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347



Here is the lowdown I dont care what the video says...

GMO's are still in its infancy and there are really no solid results
on effects in the human body.

Organics is a complete scam, Sure they are a little healthier as in
more vitamins maybe and perhaps a little cleaner. But the little bit
is so little it is hardly even noticeable


Organics don't have more vitamins! What they don't have is chemicals!

  #25 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-05-2019, 01:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 12,686
Default GMO? Organic?? what is your level of knowledge?

On Sat, 18 May 2019 05:08:17 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:


wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 17 May 2019 08:49:59 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
wrote:

I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more
days.... and I learned some valuable things.

I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods, Roundup
and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all like to have
our bodies feel better.

take the time to watch, you won't regret it

https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347



Here is the lowdown I dont care what the video says...

GMO's are still in its infancy and there are really no solid results
on effects in the human body.

Organics is a complete scam, Sure they are a little healthier as in
more vitamins maybe and perhaps a little cleaner. But the little bit
is so little it is hardly even noticeable


Organics don't have more vitamins! What they don't have is chemicals!


Exactly.


  #26 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-05-2019, 01:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,795
Default GMO? Organic?? what is your level of knowledge?

On Saturday, May 18, 2019 at 8:07:05 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
wrote in message
...
On Fri, 17 May 2019 10:02:53 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
wrote:

On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 9:41:44 AM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/17/2019 11:49 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more
days.... and I learned some valuable things.

I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods,
Roundup and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all
like to have our bodies feel better.

take the time to watch, you won't regret it

https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347

Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.

how much time are you willing to invest to improve your health? That's
what it is about.



Well Theres no evidence that GMOs effect you health
there is no evidence that organics improve your health


Watch the movie. You'll see evidence.


Since when is a movie "evidence"? Show me the double-blind
scientific studies.

Cindy Hamilton
  #27 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-05-2019, 01:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,101
Default GMO? Organic?? what is your level of knowledge?

On 5/18/2019 5:28 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 6:30:46 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 5/17/2019 12:01 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 9:41:44 AM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/17/2019 11:49 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more days.... and I learned some valuable things.

I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods, Roundup and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all like to have our bodies feel better.

take the time to watch, you won't regret it

https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347

Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.
There is a 3 minute trailer. Their agenda is education about these things and your health.
https://secretingredientsmovie.com/trailer/

* Well , sorta . Their message is that GMO's are bad . But not
(necessarily) because they're GMO's . Mostly because they're doused with
Roundup , which is BadShit in my book . My wife's digestive problems all
started around the time Roundup came into widespread use . Some plants ,
it IS because of GMO genetics - some of them have Bacillus Thurigensis
genes which produce a toxin that kills predator insects . That shit
ain't good for humans either .

What's your evidence for that? People inoculate their soil with
BT all the time. It's a common insecticide for organic gardening
and farming.

Cindy Hamilton

When used in the soil or sprayed on the plant the toxins are produced
INSIDE THE TARGET INSECT'S BODY and that's where they stay . When those
genes are spliced into a crop plant the toxin is produced by the plant ,
and ingested by us . Simple enough to understand IMO .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
and crochety - and armed .
Get outta my woods !

  #28 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-05-2019, 01:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,101
Default GMO? Organic?? what is your level of knowledge?

On 5/18/2019 6:57 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
...
On 5/17/2019 12:01 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 9:41:44 AM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/17/2019 11:49 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few
more days....* and I learned some valuable things.

I highly recommend this film.* I had some ideas about GMO foods,
Roundup and organic foods that were wrong.**** I think we would
all like to have our bodies feel better.

take the time to watch, you won't regret it

https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347


Its an hour and 20 minutes.* I'm not ready to invest that time to see
what their agenda is.* They should make a condensed version.
There is a 3 minute trailer.* Their agenda is education about these
things and your health.
https://secretingredientsmovie.com/trailer/

*Well , sorta . Their message is that GMO's are bad . But not
(necessarily) because they're GMO's . Mostly because they're doused
with Roundup , which is BadShit in my book . My wife's digestive
problems all started around the time Roundup came into widespread use
. Some plants , it IS because of GMO genetics - some of them have
Bacillus Thurigensis genes which produce a toxin that kills predator
insects . That shit ain't good for humans either . Ed , IMO it's
worth at least a cursory watch . Play it while you're cooking dinner
or something . IMO there's enough evidence that the stuff should be
yanked from the market , but the money ... fattest wallet usually
wins in these cases .
*Side note - because they often use Roundup to desiccate wheat just
before harvest I use a premium flour to bake all our bread products .
Non- GMO and Roundup-free . This year I'm growing some corn out in
the garden as a test . We'll see if home grown without Roundup causes
her intestinal distress like commercial products do .


I could be wrong here. I got the movie link from Coast to Coast AM.
The burgers that were mentioned here were talked about, I think in the
movie, but it could have been on the radio show. The fake meat is GMO
to make new kinds of protein and it is not digested well.


* I don't recall which SciFi universe it was in , they had a meat
production "creature" that was a cross between a slug and a pig , called
appropriately enough "Slig" . Just a big ol' blob of flesh that they
sliced slabs off of . I wouldn't eat that either ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
and crochety - and armed .
Get outta my woods !

  #29 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-05-2019, 01:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 12,686
Default GMO? Organic?? what is your level of knowledge?

On Sat, 18 May 2019 05:17:49 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Saturday, May 18, 2019 at 8:07:05 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
wrote in message
...
On Fri, 17 May 2019 10:02:53 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
wrote:

On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 9:41:44 AM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/17/2019 11:49 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more
days.... and I learned some valuable things.

I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods,
Roundup and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all
like to have our bodies feel better.

take the time to watch, you won't regret it

https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347

Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.

how much time are you willing to invest to improve your health? That's
what it is about.


Well Theres no evidence that GMOs effect you health
there is no evidence that organics improve your health


Watch the movie. You'll see evidence.


Since when is a movie "evidence"? Show me the double-blind
scientific studies.


You can be such a geek.
  #30 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-05-2019, 01:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,851
Default GMO? Organic?? what is your level of knowledge?

On 2019-05-18 6:17 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Saturday, May 18, 2019 at 8:07:05 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
wrote in message
...
On Fri, 17 May 2019 10:02:53 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
wrote:

On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 9:41:44 AM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/17/2019 11:49 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more
days.... and I learned some valuable things.

I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods,
Roundup and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all
like to have our bodies feel better.

take the time to watch, you won't regret it

https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347

Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.

how much time are you willing to invest to improve your health? That's
what it is about.


Well Theres no evidence that GMOs effect you health
there is no evidence that organics improve your health


Watch the movie. You'll see evidence.


Since when is a movie "evidence"? Show me the double-blind
scientific studies.

Cindy Hamilton

and use a jury composed of scientists in court cases against Bayer!!!!!


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
knowledge about cooking ethanji General Cooking 9 03-07-2013 02:25 AM
DEFCOM 1 RED LEVEL EMERGENCY DIRE STRAIGHTS MURDER LEVEL TYRANY ALERT nation of fools General Cooking 0 03-01-2013 06:33 PM
Do you know that immortality and life which lasts forever can beaccomplished in a moral manner already at our present level of knowledge andtechnology (JP) [email protected] General Cooking 0 29-11-2008 03:10 AM
Do you know that immortality and life which lasts forever can beaccomplished in a moral manner already at our present level of knowledge andtechnology (JP) [email protected] General Cooking 0 29-11-2008 03:04 AM
Test Your Beer Knowledge HappyHourHotSpots.com Beer 0 02-03-2005 02:28 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017