Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default GMO? Organic?? what is your level of knowledge?

On Saturday, May 18, 2019 at 6:34:57 PM UTC-10, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> In article >, Ed Pawlowski >
> wrote:
>
> > History Channel has a series about Farmers. I only saw one episode and
> > found it interesting. One farmer planted organic alfalfa. Lost the
> > entire crop because it had more weeds than alfalfa in the harvest.

> Without pesticides, there would be a hell of a lot fewer of us. Maybe,
> that's the point of this thread.
>
> leo

Ignorance and fear of science and technology is strong these days. Nitrogen fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, and GMO, allow us a food supply that would not be possible in the past. People fear the science of food but they should consider the alternative - starvation.