Old 18-05-2019, 11:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default GMO? Organic?? what is your level of knowledge?

On 5/18/2019 6:23 PM, Nancy2 wrote:
Ed, I also have watched episodes of "American Farm." I think it is really gutsy of
The man with the daughter as a paid employee to grow so much Produce in Alaska..
...a sparsely populated state in the firstplace...without finding out what kind of a market
there would be. Last episode, his daughter approached a former employer who was a
chef of a restaurant to check out if he would be a buyer. Even the best Alaskan restaurant
wouldn't have enough volume, seems to me, to be able to buy a lot of produce no matter
how good it was (and it looked really good quality).

N.

That's the only episode I saw but will check out more. There are
certain crops that do well in parts of Alaska because the daylight in
summer. I recall seeing some record sized veggies like cabbage.