Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default GMO? Organic?? what is your level of knowledge?

On 5/18/2019 11:19 PM, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> In article >, Terry Coombs
> > wrote:
>
>> Â* Interesting sideline - Our second oldest grand daughter has been
>> known to hold " Come to Monster" services for the neighborhood children
>> (she's like 13 now) where she wears a strainer on her head and preaches
>> to the kids about being "touched by his noodly appendage" . She's really
>> freaked some of the kids out with that act , she knows it's BS but she's
>> good , gets the little monsters all wound up . We "adults" think it's
>> absolutely hilarious .

> She's freaking them out like "food scientists" freak you out. Fear,
> uncertainty and doubt, oh my! Thanks for the nice analogy!
>
> leo

Â* No fear , uncertainty or doubt here . I've seen enough evidence to
believe that glyphosate is bad for humans and animals to ingest . The
big money pharma corps are doing everything they can to bury anybody
that disagrees with their assertions that this stuff is safe . IMO it
ain't , and I will do what I can to minimize our exposure . Being a
beekeeper , I've also looked at information about the effects it has on
them - fortunately we live far far away from any monocropping operations
where chemicals are in widespread use . Doesn't kill them , but it does
have an effect on their (and our) "gut bacteria" . Did you know that it
was originally patented as an antibiotic ? Remember how a round of
antibiotics tore up your digestion ? Well , glyphosate does the same
damn thing on a much smaller scale , but it's continuous . Now I'm not
an "organic everything" fanatic , but we do try to limit or eliminate
things that we believe will harm our bodies .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old