Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy2[_2_] Nancy2[_2_] is offline

Default GMO? Organic?? what is your level of knowledge?

Ed, that Alaskan farmer has large produce crops under huge plastic-roofed greenhouses,
in addition to some rows and rows and rows outside. He was harvesting carrots this
past week, from one of the outdoor fields.

The other quirky family is the dairy-farming one. All four adult men (father and sons)
have full beards, and the sons seem to be so socially awkward it is uncomfortable to
watch. They were installing a milk processing facility ($600,000 cost) and getting an
extension of time to start paying back their loan. We have yet to see any of the women
in their lives...but the men remind me of a Fundamentalist group in manner and
dress. I think it is odd that they were still willing to be on camera...probably were
getting some payment per episode.

N.