Old 10-01-2019, 05:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Circulon pot quality

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 1:30:08 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 11:59:52 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 1:26:37 PM UTC-10, Janet wrote:

There's "stainless" and "stainless". If a magnet will stick to it, then
induction will work. My older S/S pots wouldn't work with induction
whereas my newer ones will and have a symbol stamped on the base.

My ss pans have a copper base.

Janet UK

All stainless steel pans should have a copper base - but they don't.

No, they shouldn't. They should have whatever the owner feels is
most useful. In my case, that's aluminum.

Well, unless they're going to be used for induction. That is, unless you have an induction burner that works with non-ferrous metals.

Here's my new pot. I think it's pretty damn pretty

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...n9hzYYnPtYtjbH

It is quite pretty.

Cindy Hamilton

When I say all pans should be made of copper, it is purely from a heat conduction standpoint. The cooking surface should be stainless steel. Evidently, copper is too precious a metal to be used for cookware so aluminum is popular. Unfortunately, aluminum doesn't react well to high temperatures.

Old 10-01-2019, 05:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 7:13:13 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 11:40:56 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 9:31:42 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

I certainly is Do you have an oven you can use it in?

Probably not because it's made of plastic. It's actually a Japanese style
lunch box. On the lid it says "Enjoy Your Meal" and "Le Temps Heureux" -
The
happy times.

I'll use it soon.

Tonight I made and packed up rafute - braised Okinawan shoyu pork belly
and
some slaw dressed with Japan mayo, oyster sauce, and some spicy ketchup.
Boy, that's some tasty stuff!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...dxd-FnlVBIq04K

==

That looks good I made a Stir fry chop suey and it was good. No pics
though I will have to try to remember to take some.

What was in the chop suey? I like stir fry stuff. Thanks.

==

STIR FRY CHICKEN CHOP SUEY

chicken sliced
bicarb
Toss together and leave for 20 minutes

Mix in together in bowl
cornflour
light soy

Add:
Oyster sauce
Chinese cooking wine
sesame oil
water
Mix together.

Chop:
garlic
onions
stems pak choy stems
med carrot
sliced mushrooms

Rinse and chop chicken into slices

Heat oil, add garlic and onions. Cook 1 minute
Add chicken and cook 1 minute
Add chopped veg stir fry 1 minute
Add sauce and green tops.

That sounds pretty good. I shall keep it in mind. Thanks!
Old 10-01-2019, 05:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

[...]

It was new to us and we enjoyed it

Old 10-01-2019, 05:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 1:50:54 AM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:

On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 7:07:03 PM UTC-10, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 10:59:52 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:

Here's my new pot. I think it's pretty damn pretty

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...n9hzYYnPtYtjbH

Pretty teal color!

To me it's blue but I like the word "teal.' Hopefully, I get to use it at least once before I die.

It may actually be blue but it's coming across my screen as teal. No matter,
nice pot!

Old 10-01-2019, 07:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-10 12:37 p.m., wrote:
On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 1:50:54 AM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:

On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 7:07:03 PM UTC-10, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 10:59:52 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:

Here's my new pot. I think it's pretty damn pretty

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...n9hzYYnPtYtjbH

Pretty teal color!

To me it's blue but I like the word "teal.' Hopefully, I get to use it at least once before I die.

It may actually be blue but it's coming across my screen as teal. No matter,
nice pot!

This is curious. When I clicked on that link on my desk top the pot
looked to be teal. I just looked at it on my laptop and it is definitely
blue.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

[...]

I ought to have mentioned ... you do realise that anything spicy in that
recipe, was removed by me ... ;p

Old 10-01-2019, 07:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 20:59:49 -0800 (PST), dsi1
wrote:

In article , says...

On 2019-01-08 10:27 a.m., Nancy Young wrote:
On 1/8/2019 11:50 AM, Nancy2 wrote:

Notbob, there is another way to clean the polished stainless steel,
like the All-Clad frypan
my DIL was going to throw out because she let a silicone scraper melt
in the bottom.

I went out to the Harley-Davidson dealer and got a small supply of a
product that will take
melted rubber or a synthetic rubber-like substance off an exhaust pipe
(like if a rubber protective
pad from a cycle suit got up against a hot exhaust pipe).

It took a lot of elbow grease, but the scraper residue all came off.
And the finish looked like new,
and the pan is still as non-stick as it was originally.* Ta-dah!
Magic!* ;-))

An All Clad pan is worth fighting for.

Certainly true as All Clad is still being made in the US and not China!
All of my pans were made in Denmark, France or Italy. It's difficult to
find good bakeware these days that's not made in China but I have some
Chicago Metallic that is of superb quality.

I'm not into brands but will look for beautiful design and execution and appropriate construction. My brother asked me if I wanted some of his pans. I chose a beautiful stainless steel saucepan with a lid. It's well made with a flared rim rather than a rolled one and has a solid steel slug bonded somehow to the bottom. I wanted to make some sauce last night and when I turned the heat on, I got a big fat zero. My induction range sensed that pan as not existing. That's

the breaks.

Probably a big aluminum slug bonded to the bottom, then. Maybe with a
little stainless on the outside for appearance.

Cindy Hamilton

There's "stainless" and "stainless". If a magnet will stick to it, then
induction will work. My older S/S pots wouldn't work with induction
whereas my newer ones will and have a symbol stamped on the base.

My ss pans have a copper base.

Janet UK

All stainless steel pans should have a copper base - but they don't. Well, unless they're going to be used for induction. That is, unless you have an induction burner that works with non-ferrous metals.

Here's my new pot. I think it's pretty damn pretty

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...n9hzYYnPtYtjbH

That's not a pot, that's a caserol.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 09:37:02 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 1:50:54 AM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:

On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 7:07:03 PM UTC-10, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 10:59:52 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:

Here's my new pot. I think it's pretty damn pretty

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...n9hzYYnPtYtjbH

Pretty teal color!

To me it's blue but I like the word "teal.' Hopefully, I get to use it at least once before I die.

It may actually be blue but it's coming across my screen as teal. No matter,
nice pot!

It's blue on my screen. Maybe give your screen a wipe
Old 10-01-2019, 09:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 5:25:05 PM UTC-10, Hank Rogers wrote:

Sounds like yoose have a lot of experience Popeye. Izzat why yoose walk
bowlegged?

It's the worst job in the history of Usenet of someone trying to convince people that they're straight. There's nothing wrong with being *** but does denying who you are at the expense of others mean you're a bad person? Why yes, it does.

Yes. Popeye could be a fine fellow if he wanted to be. I've known some
very good folks that were gays. They never behaved like Popeye does.

Old 10-01-2019, 09:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 12:19:00 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
[...]

I'd rather have a thick slug of aluminum (Farberware) than a thin scrim
of copper (Revere ware).

It's not entirely about conduction. If a pan is too good a conductor,
it'll get hot spots.

Cindy Hamilton

Old 10-01-2019, 09:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/10/2019 4:05 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
[...]

Revere is just for looks, does nothing for heat transfer. Real copper
pots and pans are at least 2 mm thick and have either tin or stainless
lining. I have two and they are a dream to use. Crazy expensive too.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 11:05:45 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
[...]

Revere ware was kind of a scam. A very successful scam.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:28 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 11:04:53 AM UTC-10, Hank Rogers wrote:
dsi1 wrote:
On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 5:25:05 PM UTC-10, Hank Rogers wrote:

Sounds like yoose have a lot of experience Popeye. Izzat why yoose walk
bowlegged?

It's the worst job in the history of Usenet of someone trying to convince people that they're straight. There's nothing wrong with being *** but does denying who you are at the expense of others mean you're a bad person? Why yes, it does.

Yes. Popeye could be a fine fellow if he wanted to be. I've known some
very good folks that were gays. They never behaved like Popeye does.

Like a lot of primitive/Asian/island people, the Hawaiians don't care if a guy is *** or chooses to act like a woman. My wife moved over here from West Virginia and was shocked to see girlish boys using the girl's bathrooms at school. My guess is that as this rock gets more Americanized, the Hawaiians will learn to be less tolerant of people with alternate lifestyles. That's the breaks.

Old 11-01-2019, 12:56 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, I see. Hopefully this recipe you gave is after you took out the spicy stuff. Bok choy and mushrooms in oyster sauce would be pretty darn tasty. I can see it now...
Old 11-01-2019, 01:21 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

It may actually be blue but it's coming across my screen as teal. No matter,
nice pot!

It's blue on my screen. Maybe give your screen a wipe

The important thing is what color is it sitting in his kitchen?
;-)