Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bruce[_28_] Bruce[_28_] is offline

Default Circulon pot quality

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 17:30:20 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx
> wrote:

>Bruce > wrote:
>> On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 13:19:11 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx
>> > wrote:

>>> Ours grew wild, so I have no idea about different strains. I was
>>> surprised how fast it grew from seed and was able to bear fruit. On my
>>> bucket list for this year is to plant a few more fruit trees, preferably
>>> exotic, but I have to decide what exactly those will be. We also currently
>>> have a couple banana trees and pineapple bushes, and the neighbor has
>>> avocado and lime trees that grow over the fence and produce prolifically so
>>> no need for those.

>> You must live in the subtropics, like us. Banana's popular here, but
>> there's a restriction to do with a banana plant disease. Not sure. We
>> have 1 or more of lychee, custard apple, persimmon, loquat, avocado,
>> lime, lemon, orange, mandarin, lemonade, macadamia, olive, jaboticaba.
>>
>> They don't all produce yet, though. I've been pampering the lychee
>> tree because it wasn't going anywhere without help. It's now trying to
>> produce 1 lychee
>>

>Not exactly the subtropics, but coastal south Florida. Part of the time,
>anyway. Most of the year I live in the cold tundra of Minnesota, where
>apples abound but that’s pretty much it in terms of fruit trees. Plums,
>pears and tart cherries grow here as well, but they’re not too common. You
>threw a couple new ones at me—I’ve never before heard of jaboticaba, and
>loquat only rings the faintest of bells. I’ll have to investigate their
>viability. We might be in too wet of an area for olives, but I’d love to
>grow them.

I don't know what loquat is myself. I'll have to wait and see when
they bear fruit.

Jaboticaba is like a rain forest cherry. The fruit grows straight on
the branches, quite strange. Problem is that these trees grow very
slowly. Ours are nowhere near producing.

<http://blog-20c0.kxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/1-2-e1472666134693.jpg>