Old 07-01-2019, 08:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Circulon pot quality

On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 12:45:59 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 09:41:17 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton

On 2019-01-07 7:52 a.m., Gary wrote:
notbob wrote:

On 1/5/2019 11:33 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
Self-cleaning oven.* Greatest invention after the dishwasher..

Sadly, I have neither.*

I have the dishwasher which now stores pots and lids. You're not
missing out on anything.

When our old dishwasher died I did not want to replace it. I find it
faster and easier to do dishes by hand when there is just the two of us.
My wife disagreed and it was replaced.* I still prefer to do it by hand.

When we first moved here, for a week we had only a few dishes and
utensils so I washed them after every meal. What a PITA. Once we had
our stuff, the machine took over. Now it runs about every other day.

No dishpan hands here!

Same here. I've never wanted to work as an unpaid scullery
maid.

Who does your vacuuming?

Up until recently, it was my house cleaner. Now it'll probably be my husband,
who is retired.

I have no objection to doing housework (although it was nice to pay someone
to do it), but I see no reason for it to be more onerous than necessary.

Cindy Hamilton

On 2019-01-07 7:52 a.m., Gary wrote:
notbob wrote:

[...]

==

Oh I do agree! I hired a cleaner all the years I was working. Now, we
share the work

Old 07-01-2019, 10:14 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jan 2019 11:44:37 -0500, Gary wrote:

notbob wrote:

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
Self-cleaning oven. Greatest invention after the dishwasher.

Sadly, I have neither.

No loss either way, imo. I don't have a self-cleaning oven than
mySELF has to clean it occasionally. I've had dishwashers forever
and I still prefer to hand wash. Worthless appliance imo unless
you have a very large family or large family get-together.

Great for 2 people too: 3 meals x 2 plus drinks and whatnot x every
day.

I'd choose extra cabinet space over a dishwasher. Ferrets get
trapped underneath them too.

Either that's a dishwasher on legs or the ferret's very flat.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 09:33:53 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 11:44:57 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
notbob wrote:

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
Self-cleaning oven. Greatest invention after the dishwasher.

Sadly, I have neither.

No loss either way, imo. I don't have a self-cleaning oven than
mySELF has to clean it occasionally. I've had dishwashers forever
and I still prefer to hand wash. Worthless appliance imo unless
you have a very large family or large family get-together.

I'd choose extra cabinet space over a dishwasher. Ferrets get
trapped underneath them too.

We run the dishwasher every day, and usually twice on Saturdays
and Sundays.

That's the other extreme. Maybe you eat 24/24?

No pets. I won't have anything that doesn't shit in the toilet.

So that was a tense moment with your husband in the beginning.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 15:36:41 -0000, Janet wrote:

In article ,
says...

John Kuthe, RN, BSN, Cannabis Nurse GONNABE!

from your above link . quote

"Will I be a "certified cannabis nurse" if I pass the test?

Not exactly. Individuals who pass the test are deemed "competent" in
cannabis nursing.

To become certified in a specialty, nurses must gain additional
education and clinical hours, pass an exam, and periodically renew their
credentials."

"When will that happen?

Achieving recognition by the ANCC is, frankly, several years in the
future. There are rigorous criteria that must be met, additional
education and clinical hours to track, exams and renewing qualifications
to be developed and approved. Even under the best of circumstances this
is a time consuming and difficult process. In the case of cannabis
nursing it is further complicated by the Schedule I status of cannabis
in the United States

If we didn't have Janet UK, we wouldn't know all these things. Thanks,
dearie! (yawn)

Old 08-01-2019, 12:40 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 07 Jan 2019 23:12:52 GMT, Pamela
wrote:

On 21:17 7 Jan 2019, Bruce wrote in
:

[...]

Do the facts bore you? You don't have to read them if you don't want to.

I already have. Damn!
Old 08-01-2019, 01:34 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 8:44:32 AM UTC-6, notbob wrote:
On 1/5/2019 11:33 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

Self-cleaning oven. Greatest invention after the dishwasher.

Sadly, I have neither.

nb

Self cleaning ovens use a tremendous amount of ENERGY to self clean! But you can use one to warm a small house!

Always think from an energy standpoint/perspective! Imagine having to generate that energy on a bicycle pedal generator! ;-)

John Kuthe...

You had to take a break from just standing around at a Bernie rally.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Jan 2019 13:10:12 -0800 (PST), Thomas wrote:

Just had a delivery. A 3 qt pot to replace one i ruined. Wow. The
quality went so far downhill I am stunned. I did not try but I
bet I can bend the crap out of it by hand. No way to do that with
my 20 yr old one.

My Circulon is almost 30 years old. I hated it so much I don't use
anything except the two stock pots which see no abrasive action.

On a side, the instructions say to never clean it with oven
cleaner. That is how I destroyed my old one.

Congratulations, dimwit.

-sw
Old 08-01-2019, 07:37 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 05 Jan 2019 10:52:40 -0500, Gary wrote:

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

I'd never use oven cleaner on anything.

That stuff *does* work amazingly well to clean an oven which is
what it was designed for. The last time I cleaned my oven with
it, it was so darn quick and easy I wondered why I had put it off
so long.

It is time for me to do that again. (note to self)

You've lived there so long you should break the current oven and
demand a self-cleaning oven.

-sw
Old 08-01-2019, 07:39 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 07:00:08 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe wrote:

Always think from an energy standpoint/perspective! Imagine having
to generate that energy on a bicycle pedal generator! ;-)

And do you think of that every time you boast about your electric
car?

Your hypocrisy is amazing.

-sw

Old 08-01-2019, 03:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT: Ferrets (was Circulon pot quality)

Bruce wrote:

Gary wrote:
I'd choose extra cabinet space over a dishwasher. Ferrets get
trapped underneath them too.

Either that's a dishwasher on legs or the ferret's very flat.

The dishwasher does not sit flat on the floor. It's up about 7
inches off the floor plus there is space in the back too. Guess
the spaces allow for motor and pipes required.

Ferrets are pretty small (avg is 3-5 pounds) and they can fit in
tight spaces very easily.

As for my dishwasher, Mia was the only one that was interested in
exploring that. I watched her climb underneath from the front
once. I immediately pulled her out gently by the head. Then I
made a barrier of books that stayed on the floor for a long time.
Eventually, she disappeared again and she was trapped underneath
the darn dishwasher. My only clue to finding her was my cabinet
door underneath the kitchen sink was ajar. No Mia in the cabinet
but then I noticed the hole cut in the side for the dishwasher
pipes and drain.

Sure enough, I stuck my hand in that hole and she immediately
touched her nose to my hand. That's the ferret way of saying
"hi". Anyway, she climbed into that hole but the floor inside
was lower so she was trapped. Again, I had to grab her head and
gently lift her up and through the hole. After that I put a latch
on that cabinet door to keep her out.

Mia was the one that got trapped in things often....like once a
large box she jumped in from a chair but then couldn't get out.
Frustrating is that they are mimes and silent. They don't even
think to scratch to make noise. They just sit wherever and wait
for you to find them. arrrr
Old 08-01-2019, 05:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Notbob, there is another way to clean the polished stainless steel, like the All-Clad frypan
my DIL was going to throw out because she let a silicone scraper melt in the bottom.

I went out to the Harley-Davidson dealer and got a small supply of a product that will take
melted rubber or a synthetic rubber-like substance off an exhaust pipe (like if a rubber protective
pad from a cycle suit got up against a hot exhaust pipe).

It took a lot of elbow grease, but the scraper residue all came off. And the finish looked like new,
and the pan is still as non-stick as it was originally. Ta-dah! Magic! ;-))

N.
Old 08-01-2019, 06:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/8/2019 11:50 AM, Nancy2 wrote:

Notbob, there is another way to clean the polished stainless steel, like the All-Clad frypan
my DIL was going to throw out because she let a silicone scraper melt in the bottom.

I went out to the Harley-Davidson dealer and got a small supply of a product that will take
melted rubber or a synthetic rubber-like substance off an exhaust pipe (like if a rubber protective
pad from a cycle suit got up against a hot exhaust pipe).

It took a lot of elbow grease, but the scraper residue all came off. And the finish looked like new,
and the pan is still as non-stick as it was originally. Ta-dah! Magic! ;-))

An All Clad pan is worth fighting for. Good job.

I threw out a pot a couple of weeks ago. My first ruined pan.
I messed up cooking brown rice and it was burnt on the bottom.
It was an old Farberware and I replaced it rather than fight.

nancy
Old 08-01-2019, 06:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-08 10:27 a.m., Nancy Young wrote:
On 1/8/2019 11:50 AM, Nancy2 wrote:

Notbob, there is another way to clean the polished stainless steel,
like the All-Clad frypan
my DIL was going to throw out because she let a silicone scraper melt
in the bottom.

I went out to the Harley-Davidson dealer and got a small supply of a
product that will take
melted rubber or a synthetic rubber-like substance off an exhaust pipe
(like if a rubber protective
pad from a cycle suit got up against a hot exhaust pipe).

It took a lot of elbow grease, but the scraper residue all came off.
And the finish looked like new,
and the pan is still as non-stick as it was originally.* Ta-dah!
Magic!* ;-))

An All Clad pan is worth fighting for.

Certainly true as All Clad is still being made in the US and not China!
All of my pans were made in Denmark, France or Italy. It's difficult to
find good bakeware these days that's not made in China but I have some
Chicago Metallic that is of superb quality.
Old 08-01-2019, 08:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-08 10:27 a.m., Nancy Young wrote:

An All Clad pan is worth fighting for.

Certainly true as All Clad is still being made in the US and not China!
All of my pans were made in Denmark, France or Italy. It's difficult to
find good bakeware these days that's not made in China but I have some
Chicago Metallic that is of superb quality.

I have a couple of All Clad pots and wow they are solid. I would
hate to ruin one of those. I'd get that burned rice out of one
of those.

I've never come across Chicago Metallic though I have heard of
them. I do have a couple of Nordicware sheet pans I like a lot.

nancy