Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Circulon pot quality

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 7:13:13 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 11:40:56 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 9:31:42 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > >
> > > I certainly is Do you have an oven you can use it in?

> > Probably not because it's made of plastic. It's actually a Japanese
> > style
> > lunch box. On the lid it says "Enjoy Your Meal" and "Le Temps Heureux" -
> > The
> > happy times.
> >
> > I'll use it soon.
> >
> > Tonight I made and packed up rafute - braised Okinawan shoyu pork belly
> > and
> > some slaw dressed with Japan mayo, oyster sauce, and some spicy ketchup.
> > Boy, that's some tasty stuff!
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...dxd-FnlVBIq04K
> >
> > ==
> >
> > That looks good I made a Stir fry chop suey and it was good. No pics
> > though I will have to try to remember to take some.

> What was in the chop suey? I like stir fry stuff. Thanks.
>
> ==
>
> STIR FRY CHICKEN CHOP SUEY
>
> chicken sliced
> bicarb
> Toss together and leave for 20 minutes
>
> Mix in together in bowl
> cornflour
> light soy
>
> Add:
> Oyster sauce
> Chinese cooking wine
> sesame oil
> water
> Mix together.
>
> Chop:
> garlic
> onions
> stems pak choy stems
> med carrot
> sliced mushrooms
>
> Rinse and chop chicken into slices
>
> Heat oil, add garlic and onions. Cook 1 minute
> Add chicken and cook 1 minute
> Add chopped veg stir fry 1 minute
> Add sauce and green tops.

That sounds pretty good. I shall keep it in mind. Thanks!

==

I ought to have mentioned ... you do realise that anything spicy in that
recipe, was removed by me ... ;p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 20:59:49 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 1:26:37 PM UTC-10, Janet wrote:

>> the breaks.

>> > There's "stainless" and "stainless". If a magnet will stick to it, then
>> > induction will work. My older S/S pots wouldn't work with induction
>> > whereas my newer ones will and have a symbol stamped on the base.

>> My ss pans have a copper base.
>>
>> Janet UK

>All stainless steel pans should have a copper base - but they don't. Well, unless they're going to be used for induction. That is, unless you have an induction burner that works with non-ferrous metals.
>
>Here's my new pot. I think it's pretty damn pretty

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...n9hzYYnPtYtjbH

That's not a pot, that's a caserol.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 09:37:02 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 1:50:54 AM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:

>> > Pretty teal color!

>> To me it's blue but I like the word "teal.' Hopefully, I get to use it at least once before I die.
>>

>It may actually be blue but it's coming across my screen as teal. No matter,
>nice pot!

It's blue on my screen. Maybe give your screen a wipe
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 5:25:05 PM UTC-10, Hank Rogers wrote:
>>
>> Sounds like yoose have a lot of experience Popeye. Izzat why yoose walk
>> bowlegged?

> It's the worst job in the history of Usenet of someone trying to convince people that they're straight. There's nothing wrong with being *** but does denying who you are at the expense of others mean you're a bad person? Why yes, it does.

Yes. Popeye could be a fine fellow if he wanted to be. I've known some
very good folks that were gays. They never behaved like Popeye does.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 12:19:00 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 1:30:08 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > All stainless steel pans should have a copper base - but they don't.

> > No, they shouldn't. They should have whatever the owner feels is
> > most useful. In my case, that's aluminum.
> >
> > > Well, unless they're going to be used for induction. That is, unless you have an induction burner that works with non-ferrous metals.
> > >
> > > Here's my new pot. I think it's pretty damn pretty
> > >
> > > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...n9hzYYnPtYtjbH

> > It is quite pretty.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> When I say all pans should be made of copper, it is purely from a heat conduction standpoint. The cooking surface should be stainless steel. Evidently, copper is too precious a metal to be used for cookware so aluminum is popular. Unfortunately, aluminum doesn't react well to high temperatures.

I'd rather have a thick slug of aluminum (Farberware) than a thin scrim
of copper (Revere ware).

It's not entirely about conduction. If a pan is too good a conductor,
it'll get hot spots.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/10/2019 4:05 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 12:19:00 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

>>> No, they shouldn't. They should have whatever the owner feels is
>>> most useful. In my case, that's aluminum.

>>> It is quite pretty.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> When I say all pans should be made of copper, it is purely from a heat conduction standpoint. The cooking surface should be stainless steel. Evidently, copper is too precious a metal to be used for cookware so aluminum is popular. Unfortunately, aluminum doesn't react well to high temperatures.

> I'd rather have a thick slug of aluminum (Farberware) than a thin scrim
> of copper (Revere ware).
>
> It's not entirely about conduction. If a pan is too good a conductor,
> it'll get hot spots.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Revere is just for looks, does nothing for heat transfer. Real copper
pots and pans are at least 2 mm thick and have either tin or stainless
lining. I have two and they are a dream to use. Crazy expensive too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 11:05:45 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 12:19:00 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> > > No, they shouldn't. They should have whatever the owner feels is
> > > most useful. In my case, that's aluminum.

> > > It is quite pretty.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton

> > When I say all pans should be made of copper, it is purely from a heat conduction standpoint. The cooking surface should be stainless steel. Evidently, copper is too precious a metal to be used for cookware so aluminum is popular. Unfortunately, aluminum doesn't react well to high temperatures.

> I'd rather have a thick slug of aluminum (Farberware) than a thin scrim
> of copper (Revere ware).
>
> It's not entirely about conduction. If a pan is too good a conductor,
> it'll get hot spots.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Revere ware was kind of a scam. A very successful scam.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 11:04:53 AM UTC-10, Hank Rogers wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> > On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 5:25:05 PM UTC-10, Hank Rogers wrote:
> >>
> >> Sounds like yoose have a lot of experience Popeye. Izzat why yoose walk
> >> bowlegged?

> > It's the worst job in the history of Usenet of someone trying to convince people that they're straight. There's nothing wrong with being *** but does denying who you are at the expense of others mean you're a bad person? Why yes, it does.
> >

> Yes. Popeye could be a fine fellow if he wanted to be. I've known some
> very good folks that were gays. They never behaved like Popeye does.

Like a lot of primitive/Asian/island people, the Hawaiians don't care if a guy is *** or chooses to act like a woman. My wife moved over here from West Virginia and was shocked to see girlish boys using the girl's bathrooms at school. My guess is that as this rock gets more Americanized, the Hawaiians will learn to be less tolerant of people with alternate lifestyles. That's the breaks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 9:42:16 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 7:13:13 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 11:40:56 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> > > Probably not because it's made of plastic. It's actually a Japanese
> > > style
> > > lunch box. On the lid it says "Enjoy Your Meal" and "Le Temps Heureux" -
> > > The
> > > happy times.
> > >
> > > I'll use it soon.
> > >
> > > Tonight I made and packed up rafute - braised Okinawan shoyu pork belly
> > > and
> > > some slaw dressed with Japan mayo, oyster sauce, and some spicy ketchup.
> > > Boy, that's some tasty stuff!
> > >
> > > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...dxd-FnlVBIq04K
> > >
> > > ==
> > >
> > > That looks good I made a Stir fry chop suey and it was good. No pics
> > > though I will have to try to remember to take some.

> > What was in the chop suey? I like stir fry stuff. Thanks.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > STIR FRY CHICKEN CHOP SUEY
> >
> > chicken sliced
> > bicarb
> > Toss together and leave for 20 minutes
> >
> > Mix in together in bowl
> > cornflour
> > light soy
> >
> > Add:
> > Oyster sauce
> > Chinese cooking wine
> > sesame oil
> > water
> > Mix together.
> >
> > Chop:
> > garlic
> > onions
> > stems pak choy stems
> > med carrot
> > sliced mushrooms
> >
> > Rinse and chop chicken into slices
> >
> > Heat oil, add garlic and onions. Cook 1 minute
> > Add chicken and cook 1 minute
> > Add chopped veg stir fry 1 minute
> > Add sauce and green tops.

> That sounds pretty good. I shall keep it in mind. Thanks!
>
> ==
>
> I ought to have mentioned ... you do realise that anything spicy in that
> recipe, was removed by me ... ;p

Yes, I see. Hopefully this recipe you gave is after you took out the spicy stuff. Bok choy and mushrooms in oyster sauce would be pretty darn tasty. I can see it now...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 2:06:22 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 09:37:02 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
> >It may actually be blue but it's coming across my screen as teal. No matter,
> >nice pot!

> It's blue on my screen. Maybe give your screen a wipe

The important thing is what color is it sitting in his kitchen?
;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 9:42:16 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 7:13:13 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 11:40:56 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> > > Probably not because it's made of plastic. It's actually a Japanese
> > > style
> > > lunch box. On the lid it says "Enjoy Your Meal" and "Le Temps Heureux" -
> > > The
> > > happy times.
> > >
> > > I'll use it soon.
> > >
> > > Tonight I made and packed up rafute - braised Okinawan shoyu pork belly
> > > and
> > > some slaw dressed with Japan mayo, oyster sauce, and some spicy ketchup.
> > > Boy, that's some tasty stuff!
> > >
> > > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...dxd-FnlVBIq04K
> > >
> > > ==
> > >
> > > That looks good I made a Stir fry chop suey and it was good. No pics
> > > though I will have to try to remember to take some.

> > What was in the chop suey? I like stir fry stuff. Thanks.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > STIR FRY CHICKEN CHOP SUEY
> >
> > chicken sliced
> > bicarb
> > Toss together and leave for 20 minutes
> >
> > Mix in together in bowl
> > cornflour
> > light soy
> >
> > Add:
> > Oyster sauce
> > Chinese cooking wine
> > sesame oil
> > water
> > Mix together.
> >
> > Chop:
> > garlic
> > onions
> > stems pak choy stems
> > med carrot
> > sliced mushrooms
> >
> > Rinse and chop chicken into slices
> >
> > Heat oil, add garlic and onions. Cook 1 minute
> > Add chicken and cook 1 minute
> > Add chopped veg stir fry 1 minute
> > Add sauce and green tops.

> That sounds pretty good. I shall keep it in mind. Thanks!
>
> ==
>
> I ought to have mentioned ... you do realise that anything spicy in that
> recipe, was removed by me ... ;p

Here's what I had for dinner. Mochiko chicken curry. That sauce appears to be made of chili pepper flakes and oil. Curiously, it's not that hot. I'm going to have to try making my version. It's going to have chili pepper flakes and cumin. That would probably flip your wig. Hopefully, it's going to flip mine.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...Ej35IJByqsy3q2
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 9:42:16 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 7:13:13 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 11:40:56 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> > > Probably not because it's made of plastic. It's actually a Japanese
> > > style
> > > lunch box. On the lid it says "Enjoy Your Meal" and "Le Temps
> > > Heureux" -
> > > The
> > > happy times.
> > >
> > > I'll use it soon.
> > >
> > > Tonight I made and packed up rafute - braised Okinawan shoyu pork
> > > belly
> > > and
> > > some slaw dressed with Japan mayo, oyster sauce, and some spicy
> > > ketchup.
> > > Boy, that's some tasty stuff!
> > >
> > > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...dxd-FnlVBIq04K
> > >
> > > ==
> > >
> > > That looks good I made a Stir fry chop suey and it was good. No
> > > pics
> > > though I will have to try to remember to take some.

> > What was in the chop suey? I like stir fry stuff. Thanks.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > STIR FRY CHICKEN CHOP SUEY
> >
> > chicken sliced
> > bicarb
> > Toss together and leave for 20 minutes
> >
> > Mix in together in bowl
> > cornflour
> > light soy
> >
> > Add:
> > Oyster sauce
> > Chinese cooking wine
> > sesame oil
> > water
> > Mix together.
> >
> > Chop:
> > garlic
> > onions
> > stems pak choy stems
> > med carrot
> > sliced mushrooms
> >
> > Rinse and chop chicken into slices
> >
> > Heat oil, add garlic and onions. Cook 1 minute
> > Add chicken and cook 1 minute
> > Add chopped veg stir fry 1 minute
> > Add sauce and green tops.

> That sounds pretty good. I shall keep it in mind. Thanks!
>
> ==
>
> I ought to have mentioned ... you do realise that anything spicy in that
> recipe, was removed by me ... ;p

Here's what I had for dinner. Mochiko chicken curry. That sauce appears to
be made of chili pepper flakes and oil. Curiously, it's not that hot. I'm
going to have to try making my version. It's going to have chili pepper
flakes and cumin. That would probably flip your wig. Hopefully, it's going
to flip mine.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...Ej35IJByqsy3q2

==

Yers that looks good, but everything you show does, but ... even without the
chili pepper flakes and cumin ... it would certainly flip my wig ...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 10:34:35 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 9:42:16 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 7:13:13 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> > > What was in the chop suey? I like stir fry stuff. Thanks.
> > >
> > > ==
> > >
> > > STIR FRY CHICKEN CHOP SUEY
> > >
> > > chicken sliced
> > > bicarb
> > > Toss together and leave for 20 minutes
> > >
> > > Mix in together in bowl
> > > cornflour
> > > light soy
> > >
> > > Add:
> > > Oyster sauce
> > > Chinese cooking wine
> > > sesame oil
> > > water
> > > Mix together.
> > >
> > > Chop:
> > > garlic
> > > onions
> > > stems pak choy stems
> > > med carrot
> > > sliced mushrooms
> > >
> > > Rinse and chop chicken into slices
> > >
> > > Heat oil, add garlic and onions. Cook 1 minute
> > > Add chicken and cook 1 minute
> > > Add chopped veg stir fry 1 minute
> > > Add sauce and green tops.

> > That sounds pretty good. I shall keep it in mind. Thanks!
> >
> > ==
> >
> > I ought to have mentioned ... you do realise that anything spicy in that
> > recipe, was removed by me ... ;p

> Here's what I had for dinner. Mochiko chicken curry. That sauce appears to
> be made of chili pepper flakes and oil. Curiously, it's not that hot. I'm
> going to have to try making my version. It's going to have chili pepper
> flakes and cumin. That would probably flip your wig. Hopefully, it's going
> to flip mine.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...Ej35IJByqsy3q2
>
> ==
>
> Yers that looks good, but everything you show does, but ... even without the
> chili pepper flakes and cumin ... it would certainly flip my wig ...

My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods with bang-bang, boom-boom.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 10:34:35 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 9:42:16 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 7:13:13 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> > > What was in the chop suey? I like stir fry stuff. Thanks.
> > >
> > > ==
> > >
> > > STIR FRY CHICKEN CHOP SUEY
> > >
> > > chicken sliced
> > > bicarb
> > > Toss together and leave for 20 minutes
> > >
> > > Mix in together in bowl
> > > cornflour
> > > light soy
> > >
> > > Add:
> > > Oyster sauce
> > > Chinese cooking wine
> > > sesame oil
> > > water
> > > Mix together.
> > >
> > > Chop:
> > > garlic
> > > onions
> > > stems pak choy stems
> > > med carrot
> > > sliced mushrooms
> > >
> > > Rinse and chop chicken into slices
> > >
> > > Heat oil, add garlic and onions. Cook 1 minute
> > > Add chicken and cook 1 minute
> > > Add chopped veg stir fry 1 minute
> > > Add sauce and green tops.

> > That sounds pretty good. I shall keep it in mind. Thanks!
> >
> > ==
> >
> > I ought to have mentioned ... you do realise that anything spicy in that
> > recipe, was removed by me ... ;p

> Here's what I had for dinner. Mochiko chicken curry. That sauce appears to
> be made of chili pepper flakes and oil. Curiously, it's not that hot. I'm
> going to have to try making my version. It's going to have chili pepper
> flakes and cumin. That would probably flip your wig. Hopefully, it's going
> to flip mine.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...Ej35IJByqsy3q2
>
> ==
>
> Yers that looks good, but everything you show does, but ... even without
> the
> chili pepper flakes and cumin ... it would certainly flip my wig ...

My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods with
bang-bang, boom-boom.

==

It is just as well you both like wig flipping ...

I got some firm tofu yesterday, so today I will make "Sticky tofu salad"!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 11:43:33 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 10:34:35 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 9:42:16 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> > > That sounds pretty good. I shall keep it in mind. Thanks!
> > >
> > > ==
> > >
> > > I ought to have mentioned ... you do realise that anything spicy in that
> > > recipe, was removed by me ... ;p

> > Here's what I had for dinner. Mochiko chicken curry. That sauce appears to
> > be made of chili pepper flakes and oil. Curiously, it's not that hot. I'm
> > going to have to try making my version. It's going to have chili pepper
> > flakes and cumin. That would probably flip your wig. Hopefully, it's going
> > to flip mine.
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...Ej35IJByqsy3q2
> >
> > ==
> >
> > Yers that looks good, but everything you show does, but ... even without
> > the
> > chili pepper flakes and cumin ... it would certainly flip my wig ...

> My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods with
> bang-bang, boom-boom.
>
> ==
>
> It is just as well you both like wig flipping ...
>
> I got some firm tofu yesterday, so today I will make "Sticky tofu salad"!

! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

> > Yers that looks good, but everything you show does, but ... even without
> > the
> > chili pepper flakes and cumin ... it would certainly flip my wig ...

> My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods with
> bang-bang, boom-boom.
>
> ==
>
> It is just as well you both like wig flipping ...
>
> I got some firm tofu yesterday, so today I will make "Sticky tofu salad"!

! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?

==

https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99

it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya
<g>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" wrote in message ...

"dsi1" wrote in message

> > Yers that looks good, but everything you show does, but ... even without
> > the
> > chili pepper flakes and cumin ... it would certainly flip my wig ...

> My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods with
> bang-bang, boom-boom.
>
> ==
>
> It is just as well you both like wig flipping ...
>
> I got some firm tofu yesterday, so today I will make "Sticky tofu salad"!

! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?

==

https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99

it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya
<g>

Hmmm he has just said he thinks he might like the Gado Gado for today. It
is among those recipes I posted.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" wrote
> What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
>
> ==
> https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
>
> it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya
> <g>

Why not the papaya? Don't like that either?
I AM surprised that you would use the TBS of sesame oil
though as you two tend to like bland recipes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" wrote
> What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
>
> ==
> https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
>
> it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya
> <g>

Why not the papaya? Don't like that either?
I AM surprised that you would use the TBS of sesame oil
though as you two tend to like bland recipes.
==

We like a lot of stuff that is not bland. Not bland doesn't have to mean
spicy.

Incidentally, we don't say papaya is bland, we just don't like it!

If that is ok with you...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/11/2019 3:47 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
>

> it is in among these!Â* As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya
> <g>

Click on picture, second from bottom left, for "Sticky tofu and papaya
sallad".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

--

I know ) That is what I was showing you!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "Gary" wrote in message ...
>
> Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > "dsi1" wrote
> > What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
> >
> > ==
> > https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
> >
> > it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya
> > <g>

> Why not the papaya? Don't like that either?
> I AM surprised that you would use the TBS of sesame oil
> though as you two tend to like bland recipes.
> ==
>
> We like a lot of stuff that is not bland. Not bland doesn't have to mean
> spicy.
>
> Incidentally, we don't say papaya is bland, we just don't like it!
>
> If that is ok with you...

Don't go getting all huffy. I was just asking.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "Gary" wrote in message ...
>
> Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > "dsi1" wrote
> > What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
> >
> > ==

https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99

> > it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the
> > papaya <g>

> Why not the papaya? Don't like that either?
> I AM surprised that you would use the TBS of sesame oil
> though as you two tend to like bland recipes.
> ==
>
> We like a lot of stuff that is not bland. Not bland doesn't have to
> mean spicy.
>
> Incidentally, we don't say papaya is bland, we just don't like it!
>
> If that is ok with you...

Grin, Papaya is one of the more common ones to have an allergy or a
lower level called 'food sensitivity'.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 12:33:47 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>

> > > Yers that looks good, but everything you show does, but ... even without
> > > the
> > > chili pepper flakes and cumin ... it would certainly flip my wig ...

> > My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods with
> > bang-bang, boom-boom.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > It is just as well you both like wig flipping ...
> >
> > I got some firm tofu yesterday, so today I will make "Sticky tofu salad"!

> ! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
>
> ==
>

> https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
>
> it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya
> <g>

Thanks for the link. It is really sticky!

The old folks on this rock really like papaya. They seem to have a biological need to eat the stuff. It is an interesting phenomenon and bears investigation as to why that is. I used to have to buy papaya for my mother-in-law constantly, it used to be one of the few foods she could handle.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 12:47:51 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "Ophelia" wrote in message ...
>

> "dsi1" wrote in message
>

> > > Yers that looks good, but everything you show does, but ... even without
> > > the
> > > chili pepper flakes and cumin ... it would certainly flip my wig ...

> > My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods with
> > bang-bang, boom-boom.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > It is just as well you both like wig flipping ...
> >
> > I got some firm tofu yesterday, so today I will make "Sticky tofu salad"!

> ! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
>
> ==
>

> https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
>
> it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya
> <g>
>
> Hmmm he has just said he thinks he might like the Gado Gado for today. It
> is among those recipes I posted.

Gado gado sounds just great. I will be leaving out the peanut butter because it just sounds too weird as a salad dressing or a spicy sauce. I've had over 30 year to wrap my brain around the concept but it doesn't look like that's every going to happen. That's the breaks, I guess. Thanks for the link!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

> "Gary" wrote in message ...
>
> Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > "dsi1" wrote
> > What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
> >
> > ==
> > https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
> >
> > it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the
> > papaya
> > <g>

> Why not the papaya? Don't like that either?
> I AM surprised that you would use the TBS of sesame oil
> though as you two tend to like bland recipes.
> ==
>
> We like a lot of stuff that is not bland. Not bland doesn't have to mean
> spicy.
>
> Incidentally, we don't say papaya is bland, we just don't like it!
>
> If that is ok with you...

Don't go getting all huffy. I was just asking.

=
No you weren't! ;p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" wrote in message

Ophelia wrote:

> "Gary" wrote in message ...
>
> Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > "dsi1" wrote
> > What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
> >
> > ==

https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99

> > it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the
> > papaya <g>

> Why not the papaya? Don't like that either?
> I AM surprised that you would use the TBS of sesame oil
> though as you two tend to like bland recipes.
> ==
>
> We like a lot of stuff that is not bland. Not bland doesn't have to
> mean spicy.
>
> Incidentally, we don't say papaya is bland, we just don't like it!
>
> If that is ok with you...

Grin, Papaya is one of the more common ones to have an allergy or a
lower level called 'food sensitivity'.

==

Oh dear. We just don't like the taste so perhaps that is lucky for us <g>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 12:33:47 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>

> > > Yers that looks good, but everything you show does, but ... even
> > > without
> > > the
> > > chili pepper flakes and cumin ... it would certainly flip my wig ...

> > My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods
> > with
> > bang-bang, boom-boom.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > It is just as well you both like wig flipping ...
> >
> > I got some firm tofu yesterday, so today I will make "Sticky tofu
> > salad"!

> ! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
>
> ==
>

> https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
>
> it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya
> <g>

Thanks for the link. It is really sticky!

The old folks on this rock really like papaya. They seem to have a
biological need to eat the stuff. It is an interesting phenomenon and bears
investigation as to why that is. I used to have to buy papaya for my
mother-in-law constantly, it used to be one of the few foods she could
handle.

==

That sounds good then)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 12:47:51 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "Ophelia" wrote in message ...
>

> "dsi1" wrote in message
>

> > > Yers that looks good, but everything you show does, but ... even
> > > without
> > > the
> > > chili pepper flakes and cumin ... it would certainly flip my wig ...

> > My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods
> > with
> > bang-bang, boom-boom.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > It is just as well you both like wig flipping ...
> >
> > I got some firm tofu yesterday, so today I will make "Sticky tofu
> > salad"!

> ! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
>
> ==
>

> https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
>
> it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya
> <g>
>
> Hmmm he has just said he thinks he might like the Gado Gado for today. It
> is among those recipes I posted.

Gado gado sounds just great. I will be leaving out the peanut butter because
it just sounds too weird as a salad dressing or a spicy sauce. I've had over
30 year to wrap my brain around the concept but it doesn't look like that's
every going to happen. That's the breaks, I guess. Thanks for the link!

===

Hmm I know what you mean)) D. loves peanut butter so I guess I will add
it. Not for me though LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 > wrote:

>>> My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods with
>>> bang-bang, boom-boom.
>>>
>>> => >
>>> It is just as well you both like wig flipping ...
>>>
>>> I got some firm tofu yesterday, so today I will make "Sticky tofu salad"!

>> ! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
>>
>> =>
>>
>> https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
>>
>> it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya
>> <g>

> Thanks for the link. It is really sticky!
>
> The old folks on this rock really like papaya. They seem to have a
> biological need to eat the stuff. It is an interesting phenomenon and
> bears investigation as to why that is. I used to have to buy papaya for
> my mother-in-law constantly, it used to be one of the few foods she could handle.

We have a papaya tree in one of our yards. For the life of me, I have yet
to figure out why people like it. Smells like vomit to me. DH loves it, so
not too many go to rot on the ground.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 11:37:09 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> "Gary" wrote in message ...
>
> Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > "dsi1" wrote
> > What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
> >
> > ==
> > https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
> >
> > it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya
> > <g>

> Why not the papaya? Don't like that either?
> I AM surprised that you would use the TBS of sesame oil
> though as you two tend to like bland recipes.
> ==
>
> We like a lot of stuff that is not bland. Not bland doesn't have to mean
> spicy.
>
> Incidentally, we don't say papaya is bland, we just don't like it!
>
> If that is ok with you...

FWIW, it's ok with me. I don't like tropical fruit, except for citrus.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 8:53:51 AM UTC-10, Jinx the Minx wrote:

> We have a papaya tree in one of our yards. For the life of me, I have yet
> to figure out why people like it. Smells like vomit to me. DH loves it, so
> not too many go to rot on the ground.

Some people can't understand how other people can eat olive oil or catfish or fermented soy beans so welcome to the club!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 8:54:51 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message

> > > My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods
> > > with
> > > bang-bang, boom-boom.
> > >
> > > ==
> > >
> > > It is just as well you both like wig flipping ...
> > >
> > > I got some firm tofu yesterday, so today I will make "Sticky tofu
> > > salad"!

> > ! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
> >
> > ==
> >

> > https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
> >
> > it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya
> > <g>

> Thanks for the link. It is really sticky!
>
> The old folks on this rock really like papaya. They seem to have a
> biological need to eat the stuff. It is an interesting phenomenon and bears
> investigation as to why that is. I used to have to buy papaya for my
> mother-in-law constantly, it used to be one of the few foods she could
> handle.
>
> ==
>
> That sounds good then)

Green papaya is rich in papain which is a powerful digestive enzyme. OTOH, the papaya as eaten here has less of it. You'd think people here would eat more green papaya but that's not the case. The oldsters need to eat ripe papaya should be investigated.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 8:54:54 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 12:47:51 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> > > My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods
> > > with
> > > bang-bang, boom-boom.
> > >
> > > ==
> > >
> > > It is just as well you both like wig flipping ...
> > >
> > > I got some firm tofu yesterday, so today I will make "Sticky tofu
> > > salad"!

> > ! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
> >
> > ==
> >

> > https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
> >
> > it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the papaya
> > <g>
> >
> > Hmmm he has just said he thinks he might like the Gado Gado for today. It
> > is among those recipes I posted.

> Gado gado sounds just great. I will be leaving out the peanut butter because
> it just sounds too weird as a salad dressing or a spicy sauce. I've had over
> 30 year to wrap my brain around the concept but it doesn't look like that's
> every going to happen. That's the breaks, I guess. Thanks for the link!
>
> ===
>
> Hmm I know what you mean)) D. loves peanut butter so I guess I will add
> it. Not for me though LOL

I love peanut butter too but only in a specific way i.e., on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I suppose my horizon could be broadened a bit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 8:53:51 AM UTC-10, Jinx the Minx wrote:

> We have a papaya tree in one of our yards. For the life of me, I have yet
> to figure out why people like it. Smells like vomit to me. DH loves it, so
> not too many go to rot on the ground.

This morning I had a Stone Cookie from Mt. View Bakery. It is likely that you wouldn't be able to figure out why people like this rock hard cookie/biscuit. My wife and I can't figure out why people like them. I had one, she had two. Most people will dip it in coffee or cocoa to soften it up some. I'm a macho kind of guy so I just attack it commando style.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...hGzvkPc9__Wj39

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 8:54:51 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message

> > > My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods
> > > with
> > > bang-bang, boom-boom.
> > >
> > > ==
> > >
> > > It is just as well you both like wig flipping ...
> > >
> > > I got some firm tofu yesterday, so today I will make "Sticky tofu
> > > salad"!

> > ! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
> >
> > ==
> >

> > https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
> >
> > it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the
> > papaya
> > <g>

> Thanks for the link. It is really sticky!
>
> The old folks on this rock really like papaya. They seem to have a
> biological need to eat the stuff. It is an interesting phenomenon and
> bears
> investigation as to why that is. I used to have to buy papaya for my
> mother-in-law constantly, it used to be one of the few foods she could
> handle.
>
> ==
>
> That sounds good then)

Green papaya is rich in papain which is a powerful digestive enzyme. OTOH,
the papaya as eaten here has less of it. You'd think people here would eat
more green papaya but that's not the case. The oldsters need to eat ripe
papaya should be investigated.

===

Ahh but will they like it with sticky tofu!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 8:54:54 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 12:47:51 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> > > My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods
> > > with
> > > bang-bang, boom-boom.
> > >
> > > ==
> > >
> > > It is just as well you both like wig flipping ...
> > >
> > > I got some firm tofu yesterday, so today I will make "Sticky tofu
> > > salad"!

> > ! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
> >
> > ==
> >

> > https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
> >
> > it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the
> > papaya
> > <g>
> >
> > Hmmm he has just said he thinks he might like the Gado Gado for today.
> > It
> > is among those recipes I posted.

> Gado gado sounds just great. I will be leaving out the peanut butter
> because
> it just sounds too weird as a salad dressing or a spicy sauce. I've had
> over
> 30 year to wrap my brain around the concept but it doesn't look like
> that's
> every going to happen. That's the breaks, I guess. Thanks for the link!
>
> ===
>
> Hmm I know what you mean)) D. loves peanut butter so I guess I will add
> it. Not for me though LOL

I love peanut butter too but only in a specific way i.e., on a peanut butter
and jelly sandwich. I suppose my horizon could be broadened a bit.

--

So, if you make it you will leave out the peanut butter?? Heh you are just
like me)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 9:50:20 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 8:54:54 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 12:47:51 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> > > ! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
> > >
> > > ==
> > >

> > > https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
> > >
> > > it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the
> > > papaya
> > > <g>
> > >
> > > Hmmm he has just said he thinks he might like the Gado Gado for today.
> > > It
> > > is among those recipes I posted.

> > Gado gado sounds just great. I will be leaving out the peanut butter
> > because
> > it just sounds too weird as a salad dressing or a spicy sauce. I've had
> > over
> > 30 year to wrap my brain around the concept but it doesn't look like
> > that's
> > every going to happen. That's the breaks, I guess. Thanks for the link!
> >
> > ===
> >
> > Hmm I know what you mean)) D. loves peanut butter so I guess I will add
> > it. Not for me though LOL

> I love peanut butter too but only in a specific way i.e., on a peanut butter
> and jelly sandwich. I suppose my horizon could be broadened a bit.
>
> --
>
> So, if you make it you will leave out the peanut butter?? Heh you are just
> like me)

No peanut butter for me, man!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jinx the Minx" wrote in message ...

dsi1 > wrote:

>>> My wife had kim chee ramen. That was pretty spicy. We like our foods
>>> with
>>> bang-bang, boom-boom.
>>>
>>> => >
>>> It is just as well you both like wig flipping ...
>>>
>>> I got some firm tofu yesterday, so today I will make "Sticky tofu
>>> salad"!

>> ! is right. What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
>>
>> =>
>>
>> https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
>>
>> it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the
>> papaya
>> <g>

> Thanks for the link. It is really sticky!
>
> The old folks on this rock really like papaya. They seem to have a
> biological need to eat the stuff. It is an interesting phenomenon and
> bears investigation as to why that is. I used to have to buy papaya for
> my mother-in-law constantly, it used to be one of the few foods she could
> handle.

We have a papaya tree in one of our yards. For the life of me, I have yet
to figure out why people like it. Smells like vomit to me. DH loves it, so
not too many go to rot on the ground.

==

Lol waste not want not ;p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 11:37:09 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> "Gary" wrote in message ...
>
> Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > "dsi1" wrote
> > What the heck is sticky tofu salad?
> >
> > ==
> > https://realfood.tesco.com/gallery/1...1SIlCd0Wixz.99
> >
> > it is in among these! As you will guess, I will be leaving out the
> > papaya
> > <g>

> Why not the papaya? Don't like that either?
> I AM surprised that you would use the TBS of sesame oil
> though as you two tend to like bland recipes.
> ==
>
> We like a lot of stuff that is not bland. Not bland doesn't have to mean
> spicy.
>
> Incidentally, we don't say papaya is bland, we just don't like it!
>
> If that is ok with you...

FWIW, it's ok with me. I don't like tropical fruit, except for citrus.

Cindy Hamilton

==

Yep I am with you on that ... but not to much lemon ..