Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default Circulon pot quality

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 10:28:07 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 8:53:51 AM UTC-10, Jinx the Minx wrote:
> >
> > We have a papaya tree in one of our yards. For the life of me, I have yet
> > to figure out why people like it. Smells like vomit to me. DH loves it,
> > so
> > not too many go to rot on the ground.

> This morning I had a Stone Cookie from Mt. View Bakery. It is likely that
> you wouldn't be able to figure out why people like this rock hard
> cookie/biscuit. My wife and I can't figure out why people like them. I had
> one, she had two. Most people will dip it in coffee or cocoa to soften it up
> some. I'm a macho kind of guy so I just attack it commando style.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...hGzvkPc9__Wj39
>
> ==
>
> Blimey!

Years ago, I ordered several bags of cookies from Mt. View Bakery through the phone. The lady taking my order said she'd mail it right out. I got the distinct impression that she was going to walk my order to the post office.

"Do you want my card number?"

"No, we'll send you the bill."

I got the cookies with the invoice and so I mailed a check right off. That's Hawaiians for you. Is it any wonder that they got their land stolen right from under their feet? No it isn't.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2011/...is-own-recipe/