Posted to rec.food.cooking
jinx the minx jinx the minx is offline

Default Circulon pot quality

Bruce > wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 18:53:48 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx
> > wrote:
>
>> dsi1 > wrote:

>>> Thanks for the link. It is really sticky!
>>>
>>> The old folks on this rock really like papaya. They seem to have a
>>> biological need to eat the stuff. It is an interesting phenomenon and
>>> bears investigation as to why that is. I used to have to buy papaya for
>>> my mother-in-law constantly, it used to be one of the few foods she could handle.

>> We have a papaya tree in one of our yards. For the life of me, I have yet
>> to figure out why people like it. Smells like vomit to me.

> Yes, that's what i just posted about! Our papayas smell and taste
> faintly like vomit. But equally ripe papayas from another papaya tree
> are quite nice, a bit like calmed down mangos. There must be different
> strains. I guess this is where the Latin names come in. Papaya
> Variegata "Mrs. Jones backyard".

Ours grew wild, so I have no idea about different strains. I was
surprised how fast it grew from seed and was able to bear fruit. On my
bucket list for this year is to plant a few more fruit trees, preferably
exotic, but I have to decide what exactly those will be. We also currently
have a couple banana trees and pineapple bushes, and the neighbor has
avocado and lime trees that grow over the fence and produce prolifically so
no need for those.