FoodBanter.com

-   -   Circulon pot quality (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/445504-circulon-pot-quality.html)

Thomas[_4_] 04-01-2019 09:10 PM

Circulon pot quality

Just had a delivery. A 3 qt pot to replace one i ruined.
Wow. The quality went so far downhill I am stunned.
I did not try but I bet I can bend the crap out of it by hand. No way to do that with my 20 yr old one.

On a side, the instructions say to never clean it with oven cleaner. That is how I destroyed my old one.

dsi1[_2_] 04-01-2019 09:21 PM

Circulon pot quality

On Friday, January 4, 2019 at 11:10:15 AM UTC-10, Thomas wrote:
Just had a delivery. A 3 qt pot to replace one i ruined.
Wow. The quality went so far downhill I am stunned.
I did not try but I bet I can bend the crap out of it by hand. No way to do that with my 20 yr old one.

On a side, the instructions say to never clean it with oven cleaner. That is how I destroyed my old one.

Welcome to the party, pal! You might be able to bend the crap out of it by hand. I have. All I have to do is apply the iron palm of death technique. Makes me feel like Bruce Lee. Of course, this only works with aluminum pans. :)

Thomas[_4_] 05-01-2019 12:17 AM

Circulon pot quality

I wish i did not throw it out. Could have stuck it in a campfire for a day.

Julie Bove[_2_] 05-01-2019 08:18 AM

Circulon pot quality

"Thomas" wrote in message
Just had a delivery. A 3 qt pot to replace one i ruined.
Wow. The quality went so far downhill I am stunned.
I did not try but I bet I can bend the crap out of it by hand. No way to
do that with my 20 yr old one.

On a side, the instructions say to never clean it with oven cleaner. That
is how I destroyed my old one.

I wouldn't use oven cleaner on a pan!

notbob[_7_] 05-01-2019 03:22 PM

Circulon pot quality

On 1/5/2019 1:18 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

I wouldn't use oven cleaner on a pan!

It's the only way to clean "polished" stainless steel. NEVER use oven
cleaner on aluminum. ;)

nb

Cindy Hamilton[_2_] 05-01-2019 03:44 PM

Circulon pot quality

On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 10:23:04 AM UTC-5, notbob wrote:
On 1/5/2019 1:18 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

I wouldn't use oven cleaner on a pan!

It's the only way to clean "polished" stainless steel. NEVER use oven
cleaner on aluminum. ;)

nb

Naw, I use Barkeeper's Friend on polished stainless. Of course, I don't
let my All-Clad pans get so groddy that oven cleaner would even be
considered.

I'd never use oven cleaner on anything.

Cindy Hamilton

Gary 05-01-2019 03:52 PM

Circulon pot quality

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

I'd never use oven cleaner on anything.

That stuff *does* work amazingly well to clean an oven which is
what it was designed for. The last time I cleaned my oven with
it, it was so darn quick and easy I wondered why I had put it off
so long.

It is time for me to do that again. (note to self)

Cindy Hamilton[_2_] 05-01-2019 06:33 PM

Circulon pot quality

On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 10:52:54 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
Cindy Hamilton wrote:

I'd never use oven cleaner on anything.

That stuff *does* work amazingly well to clean an oven which is
what it was designed for. The last time I cleaned my oven with
it, it was so darn quick and easy I wondered why I had put it off
so long.

It is time for me to do that again. (note to self)

Self-cleaning oven. Greatest invention after the dishwasher.

Cindy Hamilton

[email protected][_2_] 05-01-2019 11:56 PM

Circulon pot quality

On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 9:44:24 AM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 10:23:04 AM UTC-5, notbob wrote:

On 1/5/2019 1:18 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

I wouldn't use oven cleaner on a pan!

It's the only way to clean "polished" stainless steel. NEVER use oven
cleaner on aluminum. ;)

nb

Naw, I use Barkeeper's Friend on polished stainless. Of course, I don't
let my All-Clad pans get so groddy that oven cleaner would even be
considered.

I'd never use oven cleaner on anything.

Cindy Hamilton

I've oven cleaner and have used once in the hundred years. But like you, I,
too, use Barkeeper's Friend. It makes my Calphalon look like the day I took
it out of the box when it was brand new.

John Kuthe[_3_] 05-01-2019 11:59 PM

Circulon pot quality

On Friday, January 4, 2019 at 3:10:15 PM UTC-6, Thomas wrote:
Just had a delivery. A 3 qt pot to replace one i ruined.
Wow. The quality went so far downhill I am stunned.
I did not try but I bet I can bend the crap out of it by hand. No way to do that with my 20 yr old one.

On a side, the instructions say to never clean it with oven cleaner. That is how I destroyed my old one.

When I think about pot quality, I think of something completely different!

John Kuthe...

Bruce[_28_] 06-01-2019 01:00 AM

Circulon pot quality

On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 15:59:33 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
wrote:

On Friday, January 4, 2019 at 3:10:15 PM UTC-6, Thomas wrote:
Just had a delivery. A 3 qt pot to replace one i ruined.
Wow. The quality went so far downhill I am stunned.
I did not try but I bet I can bend the crap out of it by hand. No way to do that with my 20 yr old one.

On a side, the instructions say to never clean it with oven cleaner. That is how I destroyed my old one.

When I think about pot quality, I think of something completely different!

Of course, you're a pothead nurse in the making!

John Kuthe[_3_] 06-01-2019 01:32 AM

Circulon pot quality

wrote:

On Friday, January 4, 2019 at 3:10:15 PM UTC-6, Thomas wrote:
Just had a delivery. A 3 qt pot to replace one i ruined.
Wow. The quality went so far downhill I am stunned.
I did not try but I bet I can bend the crap out of it by hand. No way to do that with my 20 yr old one.

On a side, the instructions say to never clean it with oven cleaner. That is how I destroyed my old one.

When I think about pot quality, I think of something completely different!

Of course, you're a pothead nurse in the making!

Cannabis Nurse:

https://cannabisnurses.org/What-is-Cannabis-Nursing

John Kuthe, RN, BSN, Cannabis Nurse GONNABE!

notbob[_7_] 06-01-2019 02:44 PM

Circulon pot quality

On 1/5/2019 11:33 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

Self-cleaning oven. Greatest invention after the dishwasher.

Sadly, I have neither. ;)

nb

John Kuthe[_3_] 06-01-2019 03:00 PM

Circulon pot quality

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 8:44:32 AM UTC-6, notbob wrote:
On 1/5/2019 11:33 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

Self-cleaning oven. Greatest invention after the dishwasher.

Sadly, I have neither. ;)

nb

Self cleaning ovens use a tremendous amount of ENERGY to self clean! But you can use one to warm a small house!

Always think from an energy standpoint/perspective! Imagine having to generate that energy on a bicycle pedal generator! ;-)

John Kuthe...

Janet 06-01-2019 03:36 PM

Circulon pot quality

In article ,
says...

wrote:

On Friday, January 4, 2019 at 3:10:15 PM UTC-6, Thomas wrote:
Just had a delivery. A 3 qt pot to replace one i ruined.
Wow. The quality went so far downhill I am stunned.
I did not try but I bet I can bend the crap out of it by hand. No way to do that with my 20 yr old one.

On a side, the instructions say to never clean it with oven cleaner. That is how I destroyed my old one.

When I think about pot quality, I think of something completely different!

Of course, you're a pothead nurse in the making!

Cannabis Nurse:

https://cannabisnurses.org/What-is-Cannabis-Nursing

John Kuthe, RN, BSN, Cannabis Nurse GONNABE!

from your above link . quote

"Will I be a "certified cannabis nurse" if I pass the test?

Not exactly. Individuals who pass the test are deemed "competent" in
cannabis nursing.

To become certified in a specialty, nurses must gain additional
education and clinical hours, pass an exam, and periodically renew their
credentials."

"When will that happen?

Achieving recognition by the ANCC is, frankly, several years in the
future. There are rigorous criteria that must be met, additional
education and clinical hours to track, exams and renewing qualifications
to be developed and approved. Even under the best of circumstances this
is a time consuming and difficult process. In the case of cannabis
nursing it is further complicated by the Schedule I status of cannabis
in the United States

Janet UK.