Posted to rec.food.cooking
jinx the minx jinx the minx is offline

Default Circulon pot quality

Bruce > wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 13:19:11 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx
> > wrote:
>
>> Bruce > wrote:
>>> On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 18:53:48 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx

>>> Yes, that's what i just posted about! Our papayas smell and taste
>>> faintly like vomit. But equally ripe papayas from another papaya tree
>>> are quite nice, a bit like calmed down mangos. There must be different
>>> strains. I guess this is where the Latin names come in. Papaya
>>> Variegata "Mrs. Jones backyard".
>>>

>> Ours grew wild, so I have no idea about different strains. I was
>> surprised how fast it grew from seed and was able to bear fruit. On my
>> bucket list for this year is to plant a few more fruit trees, preferably
>> exotic, but I have to decide what exactly those will be. We also currently
>> have a couple banana trees and pineapple bushes, and the neighbor has
>> avocado and lime trees that grow over the fence and produce prolifically so
>> no need for those.

> You must live in the subtropics, like us. Banana's popular here, but
> there's a restriction to do with a banana plant disease. Not sure. We
> have 1 or more of lychee, custard apple, persimmon, loquat, avocado,
> lime, lemon, orange, mandarin, lemonade, macadamia, olive, jaboticaba.
>
> They don't all produce yet, though. I've been pampering the lychee
> tree because it wasn't going anywhere without help. It's now trying to
> produce 1 lychee

Not exactly the subtropics, but coastal south Florida. Part of the time,
anyway. Most of the year I live in the cold tundra of Minnesota, where
apples abound but thats pretty much it in terms of fruit trees. Plums,
pears and tart cherries grow here as well, but theyre not too common. You
threw a couple new ones at me€”Ive never before heard of jaboticaba, and
loquat only rings the faintest of bells. Ill have to investigate their
viability. We might be in too wet of an area for olives, but Id love to
grow them.