Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I surrender

I cooked dinner at my friend's house last night b/c it was too hot to
stay at my house and cook. I have a/c in my bedroom only and I'm
getting sick of being a prisoner in my bedroom b/c it's a sauna in the
rest of the house.
Anyway, I cooked some chicken breasts on her small George Foreman
grill last night. it's about 5 years old and she uses it frequently.
It's a small one. You can just fit 2 pieces of chicken or 2 pork chops
on it, or a good sized london broil, with room to spare. The chicken
was nicely browned, the rub I used was slightly charred, but the
chicken was nice and moist inside. So I know it's possible with a GF.
I've done it! we both thoroughly enjoyed our dinner.

We were relaxing after dinner and she noticed something in the Target
flyer: A large George Foreman Grill for under $40. It looks like the
big brother to hers. Plates don't remove. No on/off switch. No timer.
No bells and whistles. I looked at it. I googled it. I read the
reviews. I decided perhaps this is basic technology and the removable
plates are the reason the last 3 indoor grills I've had have not
cooked to my satisfaction.

So I made a conscious decision to forego ease of cleanup (I know the
trick to apply damp paper toweling to the thing as soon as you take
the food off and unplug it, then close it.. and it should wipe down
easily when cool) in favor of what I hope to be superior cooking.

I picked it up this afternoon. Its maiden voyage will be a typical
summer meal for me: london broil (marinated top round steak, about
2.3 pounds, marinated with salt, pepper, garlic, vinegar, diced onion,
etc) with asparagus. An ear of corn from the microwave will balance
out the meal.

Wouldn't it be funny if the cheapo $37 appliance does a better job of
cooking than the $100 Cuisinart Griddler? I already know my friend's
free little GF does a better job! (She bought a microwave oven at
Kohl's several years ago for $69. It came with a 12 cup coffee maker
and a small GF grill. It was a back to school special, 3 appliance
bundle... And she got 15% senior citizen discount).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 25, 4:48*pm, "Catmandy (Sheryl)" >
wrote:

> Wouldn't it be funny if the cheapo $37 appliance does a better job of
> cooking than the $100 Cuisinart Griddler? I already know my friend's
> free little GF does a better job! (She bought a microwave oven at
> Kohl's several years ago for $69. It came with a 12 cup coffee maker
> and a small GF grill. It was a back to school special, 3 appliance
> bundle... And she got 15% senior citizen discount).

Everyone raves about these electric grills, but I haven't succumbed to
them just yet. I've already got so many ways to overcook meat, I just
can't see buying another....

maxine in ri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 25, 5:54*pm, maxine in ri > wrote:
> On Jul 25, 4:48*pm, "Catmandy (Sheryl)" >
> wrote:
>
> > Wouldn't it be funny if the cheapo $37 appliance does a better job of
> > cooking than the $100 Cuisinart Griddler? I already know my friend's
> > free little GF does a better job! (She bought a microwave oven at
> > Kohl's several years ago for $69. It came with a 12 cup coffee maker
> > and a small GF grill. It was a back to school special, 3 appliance
> > bundle... And she got 15% senior citizen discount).

> Everyone raves about these electric grills, but I haven't succumbed to
> them just yet. *I've already got so many ways to overcook meat, I just
> can't see buying another....
>
> maxine in ri

LOL Maxine!
I'm going to get the thing going in a couple minutes. Microwaved corn
on the cob, grilled asparagus and the london broil, which I will be
eating all week (suits me just fine if it comes out tasty!)
Fruit for dessert. I have strawberries and blueberries, I may just
have them with a drizzle of Fox's Ubet and a small spritz of Reddi-
Whip. MMMMMM yea, that's the ticket. More fruit than chocolate or
whipped topping but the little bit of Ubet will satisfy my chocolate
craving.

I am hoping this thing works as well as the little one my friend has.
That chicken I made last night was pretty darn good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Catmandy (Sheryl)" > wrote in message
> I cooked dinner at my friend's house last night b/c it was too hot to
> stay at my house and cook. I have a/c in my bedroom only and I'm
> getting sick of being a prisoner in my bedroom b/c it's a sauna in the
> rest of the house.
> Anyway, I cooked some chicken breasts on her small George Foreman
> grill last night. it's about 5 years old and she uses it frequently.
> It's a small one. You can just fit 2 pieces of chicken or 2 pork chops
> on it, or a good sized london broil, with room to spare. The chicken
> was nicely browned, the rub I used was slightly charred, but the
> chicken was nice and moist inside. So I know it's possible with a GF.
> I've done it! we both thoroughly enjoyed our dinner.

I have a very old GF grill and I've never had a problem with it. It took a
while to learn how to cook on it since it doesn't have a thermostat but it
works well for what I use it for. I've learned to clean it with no
problems. Every time I see posts like yours it makes me not want to upgrade
it. The foodsaver was a different story. My old one was very old and the
new one is hugely better.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> Wouldn't it be funny if the cheapo $37 appliance does a better job of
> cooking than the $100 Cuisinart Griddler? I already know my friend's
> free little GF does a better job! (She bought a microwave oven at
> Kohl's several years ago for $69. It came with a 12 cup coffee maker
> and a small GF grill. It was a back to school special, 3 appliance
> bundle... And she got 15% senior citizen discount).

Everyone raves about these electric grills, but I haven't succumbed to
them just yet. I've already got so many ways to overcook meat, I just
can't see buying another....

maxine in ri

Everything I've read about GF grills indicates it "steams" rather than
grills. I was given a Hamilton Beach thing that was very similar and hated
it. IMHO no point wasting money on it.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 25, 8:24*pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> "maxine in ri" > wrote in ...
> On Jul 25, 4:48 pm, "Catmandy (Sheryl)" >
> wrote:
>
> > Wouldn't it be funny if the cheapo $37 appliance does a better job of
> > cooking than the $100 Cuisinart Griddler? I already know my friend's
> > free little GF does a better job! (She bought a microwave oven at
> > Kohl's several years ago for $69. It came with a 12 cup coffee maker
> > and a small GF grill. It was a back to school special, 3 appliance
> > bundle... And she got 15% senior citizen discount).

> Everyone raves about these electric grills, but I haven't succumbed to
> them just yet. *I've already got so many ways to overcook meat, I just
> can't see buying another....
>
> maxine in ri
>
> Everything I've read about GF grills indicates it "steams" rather than
> grills. *I was given a Hamilton Beach thing that was very similar and hated
> it. *IMHO no point wasting money on it.
>
> Jill

Some don't get hot enough to grill. I've been struggling with that
type lately. Seems the more expensive models (George Foreman brand and
Cuisinart) don't cook as well as the more basic models. This thing got
and remained nice and hot. My steak had beautiful crust and was
perfectly pink inside. Even the asparagus were perfectly cooked. This
one is a keeper. I'm glad I found one that gives satisfactory results
finally. This was a particularly thick slab of round steak (Marinated
overnight so it was nice and tender), and it was crusty outside and
pink inside in 12 minutes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 25, 4:54*pm, maxine in ri > wrote:
> On Jul 25, 4:48*pm, "Catmandy (Sheryl)" >
> wrote:
>
> > Wouldn't it be funny if the cheapo $37 appliance does a better job of
> > cooking than the $100 Cuisinart Griddler? I already know my friend's
> > free little GF does a better job! (She bought a microwave oven at
> > Kohl's several years ago for $69. It came with a 12 cup coffee maker
> > and a small GF grill. It was a back to school special, 3 appliance
> > bundle... And she got 15% senior citizen discount).

> Everyone raves about these electric grills, but I haven't succumbed to
> them just yet. *I've already got so many ways to overcook meat, I just
> can't see buying another....
>
> maxine in ri

Ex-b/f had one and we couldn't stand how the meat tasted no matter how
it was seasoned. It was used several times to give it a fair trial
but fortunately he had kept the box and receipt and it was returned to
the store. A few years later my sister-in-law gave me a small one for
Christmas and it was promptly returned for something else.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Everything I've read about GF grills indicates it "steams" rather than
> grills. I was given a Hamilton Beach thing that was very similar and
> hated it. IMHO no point wasting money on it.
>
> Jill

I have the same idea and also have no interest in getting such a
thing.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 25, 7:24*pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> "maxine in ri" > wrote in messagenews:41d33d0d-7af9-4eb1-93b3-
>
> Everyone raves about these electric grills, but I haven't succumbed to
> them just yet. *I've already got so many ways to overcook meat, I just
> can't see buying another....
>
> maxine in ri
>
> Everything I've read about GF grills indicates it "steams" rather than
> grills. *I was given a Hamilton Beach thing that was very similar and hated
> it. *IMHO no point wasting money on it.
>
> Jill

Yes, they steam food and perhaps that's the reason I didn't care for
the taste of the meat as it was steamed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 20:24:53 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>"maxine in ri" > wrote in message
>On Jul 25, 4:48 pm, "Catmandy (Sheryl)" >
>wrote:
>
>> Wouldn't it be funny if the cheapo $37 appliance does a better job of
>> cooking than the $100 Cuisinart Griddler? I already know my friend's
>> free little GF does a better job! (She bought a microwave oven at
>> Kohl's several years ago for $69. It came with a 12 cup coffee maker
>> and a small GF grill. It was a back to school special, 3 appliance
>> bundle... And she got 15% senior citizen discount).

>Everyone raves about these electric grills, but I haven't succumbed to
>them just yet. I've already got so many ways to overcook meat, I just
>can't see buying another....
>
>maxine in ri
>

>Everything I've read about GF grills indicates it "steams" rather than
>grills. I was given a Hamilton Beach thing that was very similar and hated
>it. IMHO no point wasting money on it.

I see the George Foreman grill and its ilk as just a different
configuration for an electric frying pan... in fact an electric frying
pan is better because I don't believe two plates heated with wimpy
electric elements can do other than steam... with metal pressed onto
both sides there's nowhere for the moisture to go other than back into
the meat. If I didn't have access to an outdoor grill I'd rather fry
a steak in an open pan on my stove top, or someone who doesn't mind
the clean up may want to use their stove's broiler (I've never used my
stove's broiler, I have better things to do than clean schmutz). When
it's just me I cook meat in a 14" stainless steel Farberware pan on my
biggest gas burner... can easily handle a three pound 1 1/2" thk slab
of top round or up to six of my monster 14 ounce burgers. And no
matter what method one uses indoors an exhaust fan is necessary, if
the GF can cook without an exhaust fan than it is definitely a wimpy
meat steamer... I don't want any stinkin' boiled burgers.

Don't need any stinkin' GF:
http://i27.tinypic.com/3467pcj.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
"Catmandy (Sheryl)" > wrote:

> So I made a conscious decision to forego ease of cleanup (I know the
> trick to apply damp paper toweling to the thing as soon as you take
> the food off and unplug it, then close it.. and it should wipe down
> easily when cool) in favor of what I hope to be superior cooking.
>
> I picked it up this afternoon. Its maiden voyage will be a typical
> summer meal for me: london broil (marinated top round steak, about
> 2.3 pounds, marinated with salt, pepper, garlic, vinegar, diced onion,
> etc) with asparagus. An ear of corn from the microwave will balance
> out the meal.
>
> Wouldn't it be funny if the cheapo $37 appliance does a better job of
> cooking than the $100 Cuisinart Griddler? I already know my friend's
> free little GF does a better job! (She bought a microwave oven at
> Kohl's several years ago for $69. It came with a 12 cup coffee maker
> and a small GF grill. It was a back to school special, 3 appliance
> bundle... And she got 15% senior citizen discount).

I hope it works for ya. :-)
I damp paper towel to wipe the grids when they are still hot works too.
Just be careful!
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
maxine in ri > wrote:

> On Jul 25, 4:48*pm, "Catmandy (Sheryl)" >
> wrote:
>
> > Wouldn't it be funny if the cheapo $37 appliance does a better job of
> > cooking than the $100 Cuisinart Griddler? I already know my friend's
> > free little GF does a better job! (She bought a microwave oven at
> > Kohl's several years ago for $69. It came with a 12 cup coffee maker
> > and a small GF grill. It was a back to school special, 3 appliance
> > bundle... And she got 15% senior citizen discount).

> Everyone raves about these electric grills, but I haven't succumbed to
> them just yet. I've already got so many ways to overcook meat, I just
> can't see buying another....
>
> maxine in ri

I love mine. Cuts cooking time in 1/2 and helps to keep meat from being
dry, tough and overcooked.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> "maxine in ri" > wrote in message
> On Jul 25, 4:48 pm, "Catmandy (Sheryl)" >
> wrote:
>
> > Wouldn't it be funny if the cheapo $37 appliance does a better job of
> > cooking than the $100 Cuisinart Griddler? I already know my friend's
> > free little GF does a better job! (She bought a microwave oven at
> > Kohl's several years ago for $69. It came with a 12 cup coffee maker
> > and a small GF grill. It was a back to school special, 3 appliance
> > bundle... And she got 15% senior citizen discount).

> Everyone raves about these electric grills, but I haven't succumbed to
> them just yet. I've already got so many ways to overcook meat, I just
> can't see buying another....
>
> maxine in ri
>

> Everything I've read about GF grills indicates it "steams" rather than
> grills. I was given a Hamilton Beach thing that was very similar and hated
> it. IMHO no point wasting money on it.
>
> Jill

I've never "steamed" meat in mine, but ymmv as always. ;-)
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
itsjoannotjoann > wrote:

> On Jul 25, 7:24*pm, "jmcquown" <j > wrote:
> > "maxine in ri" > wrote in
> > messagenews:41d33d0d-7af9-4eb1-93b3-
> >
> > Everyone raves about these electric grills, but I haven't succumbed to
> > them just yet. *I've already got so many ways to overcook meat, I just
> > can't see buying another....
> >
> > maxine in ri
> >
> > Everything I've read about GF grills indicates it "steams" rather than
> > grills. *I was given a Hamilton Beach thing that was very similar and hated
> > it. *IMHO no point wasting money on it.
> >
> > Jill
> >

> Yes, they steam food and perhaps that's the reason I didn't care for
> the taste of the meat as it was steamed.

I don't get this. I've NEVER "steamed" meat in mine!
Maybe you got a bad one that did not get up to temp.

But, I'm not using Foreman. My first one was, but since then, I
purchase Hamilton Beach. Plenty hot! I replace it when the non-stick
coating wears off too much.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article
> >,
> itsjoannotjoann > wrote:
>
>> On Jul 25, 7:24 pm, "jmcquown" <j > wrote:
>> > "maxine in ri" > wrote in
>> > messagenews:41d33d0d-7af9-4eb1-93b3-
>> >
>> > Everyone raves about these electric grills, but I haven't succumbed to
>> > them just yet. I've already got so many ways to overcook meat, I just
>> > can't see buying another....
>> >
>> > maxine in ri
>> >
>> > Everything I've read about GF grills indicates it "steams" rather than
>> > grills. I was given a Hamilton Beach thing that was very similar and
>> > hated
>> > it. IMHO no point wasting money on it.
>> >
>> > Jill
>> >

>> Yes, they steam food and perhaps that's the reason I didn't care for
>> the taste of the meat as it was steamed.

> I don't get this. I've NEVER "steamed" meat in mine!
> Maybe you got a bad one that did not get up to temp.
>
> But, I'm not using Foreman. My first one was, but since then, I
> purchase Hamilton Beach. Plenty hot! I replace it when the non-stick
> coating wears off too much.
> --
> Peace! Om

We can't *all* have had the same bad model, could we? Mine was a
Hamilton-Beach, too. It's not a grill. It's like a waffle iron for meat.
LOL

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news

> >> Yes, they steam food and perhaps that's the reason I didn't care for
> >> the taste of the meat as it was steamed.

> > I don't get this. I've NEVER "steamed" meat in mine!
> > Maybe you got a bad one that did not get up to temp.
> >
> > But, I'm not using Foreman. My first one was, but since then, I
> > purchase Hamilton Beach. Plenty hot! I replace it when the non-stick
> > coating wears off too much.
> > --
> > Peace! Om
> >

> We can't *all* have had the same bad model, could we? Mine was a
> Hamilton-Beach, too. It's not a grill. It's like a waffle iron for meat.
> LOL
>
> Jill

Take a look at my salad series on Picasa. There is a steak there that is
nicely seared from my Hamilton Beach grill.

You are not going to get searing on "steamed" meat:

<http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmele...s#538042500686
0581586>
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Sun 25 Jul 2010 06:21:51p, Jean B. told us...
>
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>> Everything I've read about GF grills indicates it "steams" rather
>>> than grills. I was given a Hamilton Beach thing that was very
>>> similar and hated it. IMHO no point wasting money on it.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I have the same idea and also have no interest in getting such a
>> thing.
>>

> Back in 1992, long before there were George Foreman grills, or any
> other grill of that type commonly available in the US, I was shopping
> at Bloomingdale's in NYC and saw a French made grill of similar
> design, except that the plates were not removable. We thought it was
> a "neat" idea, despite it's high price, and brought one home. We
> used it several times with less than spectacular results, and the
> cleaning process was a real PITA. It soon landed in the trash bin.
>
> I would much rather cook on the gas grill twelve months out of the
> year.

I view it as just another object that I would get that would then
take up space. Of course, I just went to great lengths to get the
oven that actually broils, so a gadget that does worse than that
is of no interest.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 04:33:59 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>"Omelet" > wrote in message
>news
>> In article
>> >,
>> itsjoannotjoann > wrote:

>>> Yes, they steam food and perhaps that's the reason I didn't care for
>>> the taste of the meat as it was steamed.

>> I don't get this. I've NEVER "steamed" meat in mine!
>> Maybe you got a bad one that did not get up to temp.
>>
>> But, I'm not using Foreman. My first one was, but since then, I
>> purchase Hamilton Beach. Plenty hot! I replace it when the non-stick
>> coating wears off too much.
>> --
>> Peace! Om
>>

>We can't *all* have had the same bad model, could we? Mine was a
>Hamilton-Beach, too. It's not a grill. It's like a waffle iron for meat.
>LOL
>
>Jill

I don't believe that meat being squished between two hot plates is
gonna cook up anything but steamed and dry... the George Foreman
thingie sounds more like a teaching aid for mammographers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> The broiler in my electric range works well, but I never broil meat
> in it as I don't like the grease vapor invading the kitchen. I do
> use it for browning other things, though. Any meat that might be
> done in the broiler I do on the gas grill.

I know where you're coming from. I hadn't used my broiler for meats for
years. A few months ago I had some lamb chops that i was planning to
grill on my gas BBQ but the weather turned nasty. I can't fry lamb
chops. We used the broiler and they were delicious. There was
spatter... but they were really delicious.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

>The broiler in my electric range works well, but I never broil meat
>in it as I don't like the grease vapor invading the kitchen.

Hmm. If I broil say a couple steaks under the electric element
in my toaster oven, there is less grease vapor invading the
kitchen than if I cooked the same two steaks on the stove in a
cast-iron skillet.

It's not a non-issue, but it's not excessive vapor. I find
the results (for steaks and chops) can be very good under the electic
broiler too.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

>On Mon 26 Jul 2010 06:34:42p, Steve Pope told us...

>> Hmm. If I broil say a couple steaks under the electric element
>> in my toaster oven, there is less grease vapor invading the
>> kitchen than if I cooked the same two steaks on the stove in a
>> cast-iron skillet.

>To be sure, there is much less mess from a toaster oven than in a
>range broiler. I do use the toaster oven for cooking boneless,
>skinless chicken breasts, but they don't really generate grease vapor
>as there is virtually no grease or mess.

>Steaks and chops, OTOH, I like to have well-charred on the outside.

This is an issue then. Last year I made pork cutlets for a group
of guests, using the toaster-oven-broiler method. Everybody
liked them, but under strong illumination they would have looked
a sort of sickly uncharred grey. So I kept the lights low
in the dining room.

>Part of that involves the fatty portions giving off a lot of vapor.
>It wouldn't matter by what means you achieved that, it would be
>messy.

I agree. I don't do much frying or broiling in our kitchen,
but a fair amount of sauteeing, and the eventual result is
a grease film on any horizontal surface that is more than four
feet above the floor. Stovepipes, top of refrigerator, and
wainscotting are the major areas of deposition. It means you have
to do a deep clean of the kitchen perhaps more often than you prefer.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Mon 26 Jul 2010 06:52:03a, Jean B. told us...
>
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> On Sun 25 Jul 2010 06:21:51p, Jean B. told us...

>>> Back in 1992, long before there were George Foreman grills, or
>>> any other grill of that type commonly available in the US, I was
>>> shopping at Bloomingdale's in NYC and saw a French made grill of
>>> similar design, except that the plates were not removable. We
>>> thought it was a "neat" idea, despite it's high price, and
>>> brought one home. We used it several times with less than
>>> spectacular results, and the cleaning process was a real PITA.
>>> It soon landed in the trash bin.
>>>
>>> I would much rather cook on the gas grill twelve months out of
>>> the year.
>>>

>> I view it as just another object that I would get that would then
>> take up space. Of course, I just went to great lengths to get the
>> oven that actually broils, so a gadget that does worse than that
>> is of no interest.
>>

> The broiler in my electric range works well, but I never broil meat
> in it as I don't like the grease vapor invading the kitchen. I do
> use it for browning other things, though. Any meat that might be
> done in the broiler I do on the gas grill.

Well, here, grilling is a seasonal thing--and I am (dare I say
it?) afraid of grilling. My daughter says she will grill. That
will work well, because I am more interested in the prep work, the
sides, etc., which she thinks would be boring.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> The broiler in my electric range works well, but I never broil meat in
>> it as I don't like the grease vapor invading the kitchen. I do use it
>> for browning other things, though. Any meat that might be done in the
>> broiler I do on the gas grill.

> I know where you're coming from. I hadn't used my broiler for meats for
> years. A few months ago I had some lamb chops that i was planning to
> grill on my gas BBQ but the weather turned nasty. I can't fry lamb
> chops. We used the broiler and they were delicious. There was
> spatter... but they were really delicious.

I should add that I have a really good exhaust fan in the
kitchen--at least the one I currently have is quite good, and this
one is an even more powerful relative.

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sheryl Rosen Is The Fattest Masturbator...[WAS: I surrender

Catmandy (Sheryl) wrote:

> I cooked dinner at my friend's house last night b/c it was too hot to
> stay at my house and cook. I have a/c in my bedroom only and I'm
> getting sick of being a prisoner in my bedroom b/c it's a sauna in the
> rest of the house.
> Anyway, I cooked some chicken breasts on her small George Foreman
> grill last night. it's about 5 years old and she uses it frequently.
> It's a small one. You can just fit 2 pieces of chicken or 2 pork chops
> on it, or a good sized london broil, with room to spare. The chicken
> was nicely browned, the rub I used was slightly charred, but the
> chicken was nice and moist inside. So I know it's possible with a GF.
> I've done it! we both thoroughly enjoyed our dinner.
>
> We were relaxing after dinner and she noticed something in the Target
> flyer: *A large George Foreman Grill for under $40. It looks like the
> big brother to hers. *Plates don't remove. No on/off switch. No timer.
> No bells and whistles. I looked at it. I googled it. I read the
> reviews. I decided perhaps this is basic technology and the removable
> plates are the reason the last 3 indoor grills I've had have not
> cooked to my satisfaction.
>
> So I made a conscious decision to forego ease of cleanup (I know the
> trick to apply damp paper toweling to the thing as soon as you take
> the food off and unplug it, then close it.. and it should wipe down
> easily when cool) in favor of what I hope to be superior cooking.
>
> I picked it up this afternoon. Its maiden voyage will be a typical
> summer meal for me: *london broil (marinated top round steak, about
> 2.3 pounds, marinated with salt, pepper, garlic, vinegar, diced onion,
> etc) with asparagus. An ear of corn from the microwave will balance
> out the meal.
>
> Wouldn't it be funny if the cheapo $37 appliance does a better job of
> cooking than the $100 Cuisinart Griddler? I already know my friend's
> free little GF does a better job! (She bought a microwave oven at
> Kohl's several years ago for $69. It came with a 12 cup coffee maker
> and a small GF grill. It was a back to school special, 3 appliance
> bundle... And she got 15% senior citizen discount).

Screwed any minor - league ball players lately, Sheryl...???

Aren't those Bridgeport Bluefish players REALLY tired of you stalking
them...???

LOL

--
Best
Greg == >>> still glad to see that Sheryl is a fat self - obsessed
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Mon 26 Jul 2010 06:52:03a, Jean B. told us...
>
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> On Sun 25 Jul 2010 06:21:51p, Jean B. told us...

>>> Back in 1992, long before there were George Foreman grills, or
>>> any other grill of that type commonly available in the US, I was
>>> shopping at Bloomingdale's in NYC and saw a French made grill of
>>> similar design, except that the plates were not removable. We
>>> thought it was a "neat" idea, despite it's high price, and
>>> brought one home. We used it several times with less than
>>> spectacular results, and the cleaning process was a real PITA.
>>> It soon landed in the trash bin.
>>>
>>> I would much rather cook on the gas grill twelve months out of
>>> the year.
>>>

>> I view it as just another object that I would get that would then
>> take up space. Of course, I just went to great lengths to get the
>> oven that actually broils, so a gadget that does worse than that
>> is of no interest.
>>

> I kn ow I would never buy another one.

I am thinking of how I can keep my counters uncluttered, so I have
vast expanses to cook on. I THINK only my mixer, blender and
coffee maker will be on the counter--and even the blender may be
exiled to the room that will be a pantry and possibly auxiliary
kitchen. The turbo oven (do you still have one? the 2nd
generation or whatever it was was not as good as its predecessor,
right?) will be in exile too.

Ah, you remind me of a question I as going to ask....

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Mon 26 Jul 2010 06:12:08p, Dave Smith told us...
>
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>>> The broiler in my electric range works well, but I never broil
>>> meat in it as I don't like the grease vapor invading the kitchen.
>>> I do use it for browning other things, though. Any meat that
>>> might be done in the broiler I do on the gas grill.

>> I know where you're coming from. I hadn't used my broiler for
>> meats for years. A few months ago I had some lamb chops that i was
>> planning to grill on my gas BBQ but the weather turned nasty. I
>> can't fry lamb chops. We used the broiler and they were delicious.
>> There was spatter... but they were really delicious.
>>

> We're fortunate here, Dave, that weather is rarely an issue any time
> of the year. Speaking of lamb chops, I did some on the gas grill a
> week or so ago. They were a treat for me! David won't touch them,
> so I put on a couple of thin pork chops for him.
>
> I made the decision years ago not to broil or fry meats in the house
> after I saw what all the grease vapor did to the wall paper and
> everything else in the kitchen. It's a cleaning nightmare, even if
> you have a good vent hood. If I fry meat, it's either in a cast iron
> skillet on the side burner of the grill or in a large electric
> skillet.

Now, frying I agree with--especially since I have and will have a
glasstop stove. (Yeah, yeah, but I really like induction!!!) I
may fry on the porch or outside.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 25, 2:48*pm, "Catmandy (Sheryl)" >
wrote:
> I cooked dinner at my friend's house last night b/c it was too hot to
> stay at my house and cook. I have a/c in my bedroom only and I'm
> getting sick of being a prisoner in my bedroom b/c it's a sauna in the
> rest of the house.
> Anyway, I cooked some chicken breasts on her small George Foreman
> grill last night. it's about 5 years old and she uses it frequently.
> It's a small one. You can just fit 2 pieces of chicken or 2 pork chops
> on it, or a good sized london broil, with room to spare. The chicken
> was nicely browned, the rub I used was slightly charred, but the
> chicken was nice and moist inside. So I know it's possible with a GF.
> I've done it! we both thoroughly enjoyed our dinner.
>
> We were relaxing after dinner and she noticed something in the Target
> flyer: *A large George Foreman Grill for under $40. It looks like the
> big brother to hers. *Plates don't remove. No on/off switch. No timer.
> No bells and whistles. I looked at it. I googled it. I read the
> reviews. I decided perhaps this is basic technology and the removable
> plates are the reason the last 3 indoor grills I've had have not
> cooked to my satisfaction.
>
> So I made a conscious decision to forego ease of cleanup (I know the
> trick to apply damp paper toweling to the thing as soon as you take
> the food off and unplug it, then close it.. and it should wipe down
> easily when cool) in favor of what I hope to be superior cooking.
>
> I picked it up this afternoon. Its maiden voyage will be a typical
> summer meal for me: *london broil (marinated top round steak, about
> 2.3 pounds, marinated with salt, pepper, garlic, vinegar, diced onion,
> etc) with asparagus. An ear of corn from the microwave will balance
> out the meal.
>
> Wouldn't it be funny if the cheapo $37 appliance does a better job of
> cooking than the $100 Cuisinart Griddler? I already know my friend's
> free little GF does a better job! (She bought a microwave oven at
> Kohl's several years ago for $69. It came with a 12 cup coffee maker
> and a small GF grill. It was a back to school special, 3 appliance
> bundle... And she got 15% senior citizen discount).

Sheryl,this post of yours is as silly and useless [except for reasons
of "mockery", hehe] as your infamous post about "Jewish Girl Bakes
Ham" when you were obsessing about how to bake a can of Spam for an
Easter dinner for a friend...

We see that you are still at the same grossly immature schoolgirl
level - all we need to make the "circle" complete is for yer long -
lost Death Metal Mothra Hughes to return...

:-)

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 27, 9:54*pm, Gregory Morrow >
wrote:

> grossly immature schoolgirl level
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

Look in the mirror for "immature school girl" mentality.

and then Leave me alone.

What have you contributed to the food conversation? Nothing.
Leave the past in the past and leave me alone.
Some people grow as time passes. But not you.
You are the same ugly bully you were 10 years ago.
You are not even worth the effort it took to type this post.
Leave me alone.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Greg Morrow Is

Gregory Morrow wrote:

> Best
> Greg == >>> still glad to see that Sheryl is a fat self - obsessed
> mess

And Greg is a hateful, mean-spirited, attention-seeking, pitiful jerk.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

gloria.p wrote:

> And Greg is a hateful, mean-spirited, attention-seeking, pitiful jerk.

I noticed that also - morphing with someone else's name is not good-game
in my book(s)!!!!

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gloria.p" > wrote in -
september.org:

> Gregory Morrow wrote:
>
>> Best
>> Greg == >>> still glad to see that Sheryl is a fat self - obsessed
>> mess

> And Greg is a hateful, mean-spirited, attention-seeking, pitiful jerk.
>
> gloria p

I had that one pegged about 2 years ago :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 26, 2:36*am, Andy > wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote:
> > "Omelet" > wrote in message
> >> But, I'm not using Foreman. *My first one was, but since then, I
> >> purchase Hamilton Beach. Plenty hot! *I replace it when the non-stick
> >> coating wears off too much.
> >> --
> >> Peace! Om

> > We can't *all* have had the same bad model, could we? *Mine was a
> > Hamilton-Beach, too. *It's not a grill. *It's like a waffle iron for
> > meat. LOL

> > Jill

> Does the Hamilton Beach unit open flat, (like a book?) so you get more
> grilling space?
>
> If I was ever to get one that's the kind I'd get. Plus a choice of
> swappable cooking plates.
>
> I never liked the GF over/under heating system. The top part could
> squish some foods.

Ha. We only use our little one to make sandwiches -- a poor man's
panini press. If we have leftover roast pork, then we can make Cuban
sandwiches in the thing. It's also good for grilled cheese and grilled
ham and cheese. So if we ever feel like a Croque Monsieur we're good
to go.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 27, 6:54*pm, Gregory Morrow >
wrote:
> On Jul 25, 2:48*pm, "Catmandy (Sheryl)" >
> wrote:
>

> > I cooked dinner at my friend's house last night b/c it was too hot to
> > stay at my house and cook. I have a/c in my bedroom only and I'm
> > getting sick of being a prisoner in my bedroom b/c it's a sauna in the
> > rest of the house.
> > Anyway, I cooked some chicken breasts on her small George Foreman
> > grill last night. it's about 5 years old and she uses it frequently.
> > It's a small one. You can just fit 2 pieces of chicken or 2 pork chops
> > on it, or a good sized london broil, with room to spare. The chicken
> > was nicely browned, the rub I used was slightly charred, but the
> > chicken was nice and moist inside. So I know it's possible with a GF.
> > I've done it! we both thoroughly enjoyed our dinner.

> > We were relaxing after dinner and she noticed something in the Target
> > flyer: *A large George Foreman Grill for under $40. It looks like the
> > big brother to hers. *Plates don't remove. No on/off switch. No timer..
> > No bells and whistles. I looked at it. I googled it. I read the
> > reviews. I decided perhaps this is basic technology and the removable
> > plates are the reason the last 3 indoor grills I've had have not
> > cooked to my satisfaction.

> > So I made a conscious decision to forego ease of cleanup (I know the
> > trick to apply damp paper toweling to the thing as soon as you take
> > the food off and unplug it, then close it.. and it should wipe down
> > easily when cool) in favor of what I hope to be superior cooking.

> > I picked it up this afternoon. Its maiden voyage will be a typical
> > summer meal for me: *london broil (marinated top round steak, about
> > 2.3 pounds, marinated with salt, pepper, garlic, vinegar, diced onion,
> > etc) with asparagus. An ear of corn from the microwave will balance
> > out the meal.

> > Wouldn't it be funny if the cheapo $37 appliance does a better job of
> > cooking than the $100 Cuisinart Griddler? I already know my friend's
> > free little GF does a better job! (She bought a microwave oven at
> > Kohl's several years ago for $69. It came with a 12 cup coffee maker
> > and a small GF grill. It was a back to school special, 3 appliance
> > bundle... And she got 15% senior citizen discount).

> Sheryl,this post of yours is as silly and useless [except for reasons
> of "mockery", hehe] as your infamous post about "Jewish Girl Bakes
> Ham" when you were obsessing about how to bake a can of Spam for an
> Easter dinner for a friend...
>
> We see that you are still at the same grossly immature schoolgirl
> level - all we need to make the "circle" complete is for yer long -
> lost Death Metal Mothra Hughes to return...
>
> :-)
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

Greg, the poor girl's a prisoner in her bedroom. Show a little mercy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/27/2010 10:32 PM, gloria.p wrote:
> Gregory Morrow wrote:
>
>> Best
>> Greg == >>> still glad to see that Sheryl is a fat self - obsessed
>> mess

> And Greg is a hateful, mean-spirited, attention-seeking, pitiful jerk.

And you just gave him some of the attention he craves. Best way to deal
with such people is the killfile.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
PL > wrote:

> "gloria.p" > wrote in -
> september.org:
>
> > Gregory Morrow wrote:
> >
> >> Best
> >> Greg == >>> still glad to see that Sheryl is a fat self - obsessed
> >> mess

> > And Greg is a hateful, mean-spirited, attention-seeking, pitiful jerk.
> >
> > gloria p

> I had that one pegged about 2 years ago :-)

I kf'd him months ago. I'm surprised that anyone reads or quotes him any
more, but to each their own hobbies I guess.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"J. Clarke" > wrote:

> > Gregory Morrow wrote:

[snip]

> And you just gave him some of the attention he craves. Best way to deal
> with such people is the killfile.

Good luck. Greg doesn't like to be killfiled. He has more Email
addresses than Carter has pills. He always puts his name in his posts
so you know who wrote it, but sometimes it's only in the body of the
post. You generally can only killfile on headers.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Abel > wrote in news:dabel-CCC387.21384827072010@c-61-
68-245-199.per.connect.net.au:

> In article >,
> "J. Clarke" > wrote:
>
>> > Gregory Morrow wrote:

> [snip]
>
>> And you just gave him some of the attention he craves. Best way to

deal
>> with such people is the killfile.

> Good luck. Greg doesn't like to be killfiled. He has more Email
> addresses than Carter has pills.

Jimmy Carter??

> He always puts his name in his posts
> so you know who wrote it, but sometimes it's only in the body of the
> post. You generally can only killfile on headers.

Xnews has a pretty good 'Score file' system.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan wrote:

> Good luck. Greg doesn't like to be killfiled. He has more Email
> addresses than Carter has pills. He always puts his name in his posts
> so you know who wrote it, but sometimes it's only in the body of the
> post. You generally can only killfile on headers.

There's an alternative to killfiling, at least with Outlook Express: You can
download the messages and *then* apply a filter to remove messages with
content you want to filter.

Bob