Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default I surrender

Omelet > wrote:

> (Steve Pope) wrote:

>> Hmm. If I broil say a couple steaks under the electric element
>> in my toaster oven, there is less grease vapor invading the
>> kitchen than if I cooked the same two steaks on the stove in a
>> cast-iron skillet.

>> It's not a non-issue, but it's not excessive vapor. I find
>> the results (for steaks and chops) can be very good under the electic
>> broiler too.

>I've been happy with the new Toaster oven I bought a couple of months
>ago. While I do like my electric grill, the broiler setting in the
>toaster oven really is nice... but messier.

I don't have an outdoor electic or gas grill, just the Weber.
Nor does my kitchen directly open up onto an outdoor space;
there are stairs up/down the back porch to the patio where
such a grill would have to set. It adds up to enough hassle
that I'm probably not going to do outdoor cooking for
things I could do just as well in the kitchen.

But I can certainly see the appeal of cooking outside whenever
possible. I'm just not set up for it.

Steve