Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jean B.[_1_] Jean B.[_1_] is offline

Default I surrender

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Mon 26 Jul 2010 06:52:03a, Jean B. told us...
>
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> On Sun 25 Jul 2010 06:21:51p, Jean B. told us...

>>> Back in 1992, long before there were George Foreman grills, or
>>> any other grill of that type commonly available in the US, I was
>>> shopping at Bloomingdale's in NYC and saw a French made grill of
>>> similar design, except that the plates were not removable. We
>>> thought it was a "neat" idea, despite it's high price, and
>>> brought one home. We used it several times with less than
>>> spectacular results, and the cleaning process was a real PITA.
>>> It soon landed in the trash bin.
>>>
>>> I would much rather cook on the gas grill twelve months out of
>>> the year.
>>>

>> I view it as just another object that I would get that would then
>> take up space. Of course, I just went to great lengths to get the
>> oven that actually broils, so a gadget that does worse than that
>> is of no interest.
>>

> I kn ow I would never buy another one.

I am thinking of how I can keep my counters uncluttered, so I have
vast expanses to cook on. I THINK only my mixer, blender and
coffee maker will be on the counter--and even the blender may be
exiled to the room that will be a pantry and possibly auxiliary
kitchen. The turbo oven (do you still have one? the 2nd
generation or whatever it was was not as good as its predecessor,
right?) will be in exile too.

Ah, you remind me of a question I as going to ask....

--
Jean B.