Diabetic (alt.food.diabetic) This group is for the discussion of controlled-portion eating plans for the dietary management of diabetes.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 22-07-2013, 02:58 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 720
Default How do I get the butter into the pancake mix?

Hi All,

I am still working my coconut pancake recipe.
I will report back when it is not too embarrassing.

I only use butter or olive oil. (I presume, coconut
wouldn't hurt me either.) I use none of the oil,
corn, canola, grapeseed (highly inflammatory), etc.,
that use chemical in their creation.

Question: I would like to get some butter or
oil into the pancake mix. If I melt butter, it will
start cooking the eggs and solidify the butter, making
it impossible to mix. The cream will solidify the
butter too.

I though of EVOO, but that might taste a little
*weird*.

How do I get the butter into the mix without solidifying
it or precooking the eggs?

Many thanks,
-T

  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 22-07-2013, 03:38 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 44,248
Default How do I get the butter into the pancake mix?


"Todd" wrote in message
...
Hi All,

I am still working my coconut pancake recipe.
I will report back when it is not too embarrassing.

I only use butter or olive oil. (I presume, coconut
wouldn't hurt me either.) I use none of the oil,
corn, canola, grapeseed (highly inflammatory), etc.,
that use chemical in their creation.

Question: I would like to get some butter or
oil into the pancake mix. If I melt butter, it will
start cooking the eggs and solidify the butter, making
it impossible to mix


Uh... Why would it do that? It wouldn't do that unless it was really hot.
All you have to do is let it soften and then you can add it.

.. The cream will solidify the
butter too.

Uh... I don't think so but I don't really use cream in cooking.

I though of EVOO, but that might taste a little
*weird*.


I have made muffins and chocolate cake with olive oil. It's fine.

How do I get the butter into the mix without solidifying
it or precooking the eggs?


Just like I said. Let it sit out and soften.

Many thanks,
-T



  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 22-07-2013, 04:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Foat Wuth
Posts: 1,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
Hi All,

I am still working my coconut pancake recipe.
I will report back when it is not too embarrassing.

I only use butter or olive oil. (I presume, coconut
wouldn't hurt me either.) I use none of the oil,
corn, canola, grapeseed (highly inflammatory), etc.,
that use chemical in their creation.

Question: I would like to get some butter or
oil into the pancake mix. If I melt butter, it will
start cooking the eggs and solidify the butter, making
it impossible to mix. The cream will solidify the
butter too.

I though of EVOO, but that might taste a little
*weird*.

How do I get the butter into the mix without solidifying
it or precooking the eggs?

Many thanks,
-T
The butter goes on top of the pancakes..not in the goopy stuff. Where you from Boy?
  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 22-07-2013, 12:26 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 82
Default How do I get the butter into the pancake mix?

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 18:58:18 -0700
Todd wrote:

Hi All,

I am still working my coconut pancake recipe.
I will report back when it is not too embarrassing.

I only use butter or olive oil. (I presume, coconut
wouldn't hurt me either.) I use none of the oil,
corn, canola, grapeseed (highly inflammatory), etc.,
that use chemical in their creation.

Question: I would like to get some butter or
oil into the pancake mix. If I melt butter, it will
start cooking the eggs and solidify the butter, making
it impossible to mix. The cream will solidify the
butter too.

I though of EVOO, but that might taste a little
*weird*.

How do I get the butter into the mix without solidifying
it or precooking the eggs?


Coconut oil turns liquid in warm weather say
80 degrees. That's one way. Even butter softens
to the point that you could mix it in with a fork
in warm weather. If your kitchen is cold, a few
seconds in the microwave would do it.

I'd also be tempted to try substituting yogurt or
sour cream.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 23-07-2013, 07:46 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 168
Default How do I get the butter into the pancake mix?

In article , Todd
wrote:

Hi All,

I am still working my coconut pancake recipe.
I will report back when it is not too embarrassing.

I only use butter or olive oil. (I presume, coconut
wouldn't hurt me either.) I use none of the oil,
corn, canola, grapeseed (highly inflammatory), etc.,
that use chemical in their creation.


Logic is only as good as its hypothesis. Coconut oil isn't flax oil,and
flax oil can't stand the heat.


Question: I would like to get some butter or
oil into the pancake mix. If I melt butter, it will
start cooking the eggs and solidify the butter, making
it impossible to mix. The cream will solidify the
butter too.

I though of EVOO, but that might taste a little
*weird*.

How do I get the butter into the mix without solidifying
it or precooking the eggs?

Many thanks,
-T


Wat are you talking about?
--
Palestinian Child Detained
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSzH38jYcg

Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg


  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 25-07-2013, 05:03 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 720
Default How do I get the butter into the pancake mix?

On 07/21/2013 08:37 PM, bigwheel wrote:
Todd;1850855 Wrote:
Hi All,

I am still working my coconut pancake recipe.
I will report back when it is not too embarrassing.

I only use butter or olive oil. (I presume, coconut
wouldn't hurt me either.) I use none of the oil,
corn, canola, grapeseed (highly inflammatory), etc.,
that use chemical in their creation.

Question: I would like to get some butter or
oil into the pancake mix. If I melt butter, it will
start cooking the eggs and solidify the butter, making
it impossible to mix. The cream will solidify the
butter too.

I though of EVOO, but that might taste a little
*weird*.

How do I get the butter into the mix without solidifying
it or precooking the eggs?

Many thanks,
-T


The butter goes on top of the pancakes..not in the goopy stuff. Where
you from Boy?


So, use too much butter in the pan and let them
soak it up.

Not sure where I am from. My mother often asked me if
I was raised in a barn. I thought she was being sarcastic.
But, that would explain a lot of things. :-)

  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 25-07-2013, 05:05 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 720
Default How do I get the butter into the pancake mix?

On 07/22/2013 04:26 AM, Trawley Trash wrote:
On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 18:58:18 -0700
Todd wrote:

Hi All,

I am still working my coconut pancake recipe.
I will report back when it is not too embarrassing.

I only use butter or olive oil. (I presume, coconut
wouldn't hurt me either.) I use none of the oil,
corn, canola, grapeseed (highly inflammatory), etc.,
that use chemical in their creation.

Question: I would like to get some butter or
oil into the pancake mix. If I melt butter, it will
start cooking the eggs and solidify the butter, making
it impossible to mix. The cream will solidify the
butter too.

I though of EVOO, but that might taste a little
*weird*.

How do I get the butter into the mix without solidifying
it or precooking the eggs?


Coconut oil turns liquid in warm weather say
80 degrees. That's one way. Even butter softens
to the point that you could mix it in with a fork
in warm weather. If your kitchen is cold, a few
seconds in the microwave would do it.

I'd also be tempted to try substituting yogurt or
sour cream.


Thank you!
  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 25-07-2013, 05:09 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 720
Default How do I get the butter into the pancake mix?

On 07/22/2013 11:46 PM, Billy wrote:
How do I get the butter into the mix without solidifying
it or precooking the eggs?


Wat are you talking about?


If I heat the butter hot enough so it is liquid, the cold eggs
and the cold liquids (cream) will re-solidify the butter.
The eggs may even start to cook. And, the butter won't
spread out evenly in the gooey stuff.

Trawley's "plastic state" recommendation may work, as long
as the butter doesn't re-solidify.

Any ideas?


  #9 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 25-07-2013, 03:51 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,390
Default How do I get the butter into the pancake mix?

Todd wrote:
: On 07/22/2013 11:46 PM, Billy wrote:
: How do I get the butter into the mix without solidifying
: it or precooking the eggs?

: Wat are you talking about?

: If I heat the butter hot enough so it is liquid, the cold eggs
: and the cold liquids (cream) will re-solidify the butter.
: The eggs may even start to cook. And, the butter won't
: spread out evenly in the gooey stuff.

: Trawley's "plastic state" recommendation may work, as long
: as the butter doesn't re-solidify.

: Any ideas?

Back in the days when I had kids around and used to make muffins for
Sunday breakfast, I used to add melted butter to the batter of flour, ,
eggs, milk or whaever and it worked fine. just be beating the batter as
you add it.

I also used to make butterscotch brownines o the boys to tae to school
with their lunches that was made in a pot, starting with meltining butter
, then adding eggs adn other ingredients. You did have to be careful not
to scramble the eggs, but you didn't need boiling butter, just melted.
Unfortuatnely, my memory was that these brownies were absolutely
delicious. I haven't thought of them for years and now will have to deal
with those thoughts:-)

Wendy
  #10 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 26-07-2013, 05:35 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 720
Default How do I get the butter into the pancake mix?

On 07/25/2013 07:51 AM, W. Baker wrote:
Back in the days when I had kids around and used to make muffins for
Sunday breakfast, I used to add melted butter to the batter of flour, ,
eggs, milk or whaever and it worked fine. just be beating the batter as
you add it.


Hi Wendy,

Thank you!

At what point did you add the melted butter? I am adding
the coconut flour at the very last as it turns everything
into a paste.

-T


  #11 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 26-07-2013, 06:17 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,390
Default How do I get the butter into the pancake mix?

Todd wrote:
: On 07/25/2013 07:51 AM, W. Baker wrote:
: Back in the days when I had kids around and used to make muffins for
: Sunday breakfast, I used to add melted butter to the batter of flour, ,
: eggs, milk or whaever and it worked fine. just be beating the batter as
: you add it.

: Hi Wendy,

: Thank you!

: At what point did you add the melted butter? I am adding
: the coconut flour at the very last as it turns everything
: into a paste.

: -T

I added it last.

Wendy
  #12 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 26-07-2013, 06:23 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 720
Default How do I get the butter into the pancake mix?

On 07/26/2013 10:17 AM, W. Baker wrote:
Todd wrote:
: On 07/25/2013 07:51 AM, W. Baker wrote:
: Back in the days when I had kids around and used to make muffins for
: Sunday breakfast, I used to add melted butter to the batter of flour, ,
: eggs, milk or whaever and it worked fine. just be beating the batter as
: you add it.

: Hi Wendy,

: Thank you!

: At what point did you add the melted butter? I am adding
: the coconut flour at the very last as it turns everything
: into a paste.

: -T

I added it last.

Wendy


Hi Wendy,

Makes sense. It (the butter) will be in a plastic state. It
doesn't have to be homogeneously mixed in, just stirred well,
as it will meld when it hits the hot pan.

Thank you!

-T
  #13 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-07-2013, 05:32 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 168
Default How do I get the butter into the pancake mix?

In article , Todd
wrote:

On 07/26/2013 10:17 AM, W. Baker wrote:
Todd wrote:
: On 07/25/2013 07:51 AM, W. Baker wrote:
: Back in the days when I had kids around and used to make muffins for
: Sunday breakfast, I used to add melted butter to the batter of flour, ,
: eggs, milk or whaever and it worked fine. just be beating the batter as
: you add it.

: Hi Wendy,

: Thank you!

: At what point did you add the melted butter? I am adding
: the coconut flour at the very last as it turns everything
: into a paste.

: -T

I added it last.

Wendy


Hi Wendy,

Makes sense. It (the butter) will be in a plastic state. It
doesn't have to be homogeneously mixed in, just stirred well,
as it will meld when it hits the hot pan.

Thank you!

-T


As Julia Childs recommended in making pate brisť, "you have to get your
hands into it".
--
Palestinian Child Detained
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSzH38jYcg

Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pancake Day Dave Smith[_1_] General Cooking 17 25-02-2012 12:56 AM
Favorite pancake mix? Favorite pancake fruit addition? Evette General Cooking 59 24-09-2009 11:56 PM
Pancake Mix cybercat General Cooking 11 17-12-2008 04:55 PM
Original Pancake House Apple Pancake A D [[email protected]] Recipes (moderated) 0 14-10-2006 01:52 AM
Pancake Kristine Ann Thompson General Cooking 10 31-12-2003 11:07 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2019 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017