Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default How do I get the butter into the pancake mix?

Todd > wrote:
: On 07/22/2013 11:46 PM, Billy wrote:
: >> How do I get the butter into the mix without solidifying
: >> >it or precooking the eggs?

: > Wat are you talking about?

: If I heat the butter hot enough so it is liquid, the cold eggs
: and the cold liquids (cream) will re-solidify the butter.
: The eggs may even start to cook. And, the butter won't
: spread out evenly in the gooey stuff.

: Trawley's "plastic state" recommendation may work, as long
: as the butter doesn't re-solidify.

: Any ideas?

Back in the days when I had kids around and used to make muffins for
Sunday breakfast, I used to add melted butter to the batter of flour, ,
eggs, milk or whaever and it worked fine. just be beating the batter as
you add it.

I also used to make butterscotch brownines o the boys to tae to school
with their lunches that was made in a pot, starting with meltining butter
, then adding eggs adn other ingredients. You did have to be careful not
to scramble the eggs, but you didn't need boiling butter, just melted.
Unfortuatnely, my memory was that these brownies were absolutely
delicious. I haven't thought of them for years and now will have to deal
with those thoughts:-)

Wendy