Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default How do I get the butter into the pancake mix?

"Todd" > wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I am still working my coconut pancake recipe.
> I will report back when it is not too embarrassing.
>
> I only use butter or olive oil. (I presume, coconut
> wouldn't hurt me either.) I use none of the oil,
> corn, canola, grapeseed (highly inflammatory), etc.,
> that use chemical in their creation.
>
> Question: I would like to get some butter or
> oil into the pancake mix. If I melt butter, it will
> start cooking the eggs and solidify the butter, making
> it impossible to mix

Uh... Why would it do that? It wouldn't do that unless it was really hot.
All you have to do is let it soften and then you can add it.

.. The cream will solidify the
> butter too.

Uh... I don't think so but I don't really use cream in cooking.

> I though of EVOO, but that might taste a little
> *weird*.

I have made muffins and chocolate cake with olive oil. It's fine.

> How do I get the butter into the mix without solidifying
> it or precooking the eggs?

Just like I said. Let it sit out and soften.