Old 10-07-2013, 02:11 AM posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Default Twinkies are back. TWINKIES. ARE. BACK.

http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/...back?ir=footer

For the click-challenged:

They're back.

A year after Hostess filed for bankruptcy in the wake of ugly
in-fighting, those little tubular sponge cakes with creamy filling that
you and the bulk of nuclear survivalists love are back, expected to hit
shelves by July 15th. The company is proudly proclaiming a "leaner"
business structure, but that in no way means that their product will
make you any leaner yourself.*
*Okay, well they didn't actually say that last part.**
**But that doesn't mean it isn't true!

Move aside, 2004 Red Sox, because the new boxes of Twinkies will bear
the totally true tag-line, "The Sweetest Comeback in the History of
Ever." A box of 10 Twinkies will still only set you back $3.99, and the
company says different styles of Twinkie, like flavored cakes and
crunchy-textured cakes, could be in the works. Plus, we might not be far
from Twinkies that are gluten-free, come with added fiber, or have low
sugar/sodium, for the all those Twinkie-loving health nuts out there.
Also, the company that now owns Hostess also owns Chef Boyardee and PBR
(among others), so start sending your fan-mail begging for hybrids like
TwinkieOs and beer-filled Twinkies NOW.

The company's president swears that these little guys won't actually
last forever, despite their reputation, and insists that they should be
consumed within 45 days. But, if anything, that just means that people
will be more desperate to eat them right away, so you should probably go
ahead and call in sick for July 15th right now.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:22 AM posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

"Don Roberto" wrote in message

[...]

I'll get my backpack with insulin. I should be able to eat a limitless
amount......

Henry

Old 10-07-2013, 04:26 PM posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 10 Jul 2013 14:22:36 +1000
"Henry Mydlarz" wrote:

[...]

Go ahead. It's free. We all have insurance now.

For their target market, they should gene splice from
fireflies into wheat. Glow-in-the-dark twinkies would
be a big hit.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:01 AM posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

On 7/9/2013 9:22 PM, Henry Mydlarz wrote:
[...]

Before you do: remember the current record is 24 of them in under a
minute. That's 3,600 calories!
Here are some more vital facts no twinkie lover should be ignorant of:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2144143.html
kinky twinkie eater

Old 11-07-2013, 01:30 AM posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

[...]

Too much!!! I haven't even got over Krispy Kreme (or is it Qrispy Qreme?)
doughnuts......

Henry

Old 11-07-2013, 03:09 AM posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Don Roberto wrote:
Henry Mydlarz wrote:
"Don Roberto" wrote

http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/...back?ir=footer
For the click-challenged:
They're back.

I'll get my backpack with insulin. I should be able to eat a
limitless amount......

Before you do: remember the current record is 24 of them in under a
minute. That's 3,600 calories!

that was a skinny diabetic

Here are some more vital facts no twinkie lover should be ignorant of:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2144143.html
kinky twinkie eater

my aunt ate lots of Twinkies, dies at 96 yo and never had T2
they probably ate lots of other high carb low fat stuff with the Twinkies

I bet you that those were not patured Twinkies

Old 12-07-2013, 02:07 PM posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

On 7/10/2013 5:30 PM, Henry Mydlarz wrote:
[...]

Yep. Grossest do-nut I ever came across.

Henry

Old 12-07-2013, 03:06 PM posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

In alt.food.diabetic Don Roberto wrote:

[...]

Depends on what is used as a bulking aent. You can get sucralose in a
liquuid form(no bulking aganent) also ) carbs. It is the bulking agent ,
which is a smal quantit y, htat gives the very low carb readign to the
powdered sucralose, and other dry sweeteners. that maltodextrose is the
bulking agent, not the sweetener itself. do they use any bulking agents
in the stevias? I don't use them, so cannot say(no package to look at).
For most purposes, the number of carbs form the blking agent is tiny, so
often less than one gram per serving. For most of us, not an amount to
fuss over.

Wendy
Old 12-07-2013, 03:12 PM posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

In alt.support.diabetes W. Baker wrote:
[...]

Don't know what happened here. I sent this reply to another group, not
asd, but it somehow got put here. No idea how this happened at all, but
then I am not tech savvy.

I will try o put it in its place, but I don't think it will go
there.

Wendy
Old 12-07-2013, 03:16 PM posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

In alt.food.diabetic W. Baker wrote:
[...]

My post should have been in the previous topic in answer to Todd. How it
got here and into asd I have no idea. Pleae read it as an answer to Todd
in the previous discussion.

Wendy

Old 12-07-2013, 09:48 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 07/12/2013 07:16 AM, W. Baker wrote:
My post should have been in the previous topic in answer to Todd. How it
got here and into asd I have no idea. Pleae read it as an answer to Todd
in the previous discussion.

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

I am lost. I can not figure out what goes to what.
Try reposing in the other tread, maybe?

-T
Old 12-07-2013, 09:59 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

:
: Wendy

: Hi Wendy,

: I am lost. I can not figure out what goes to what.
: Try reposing in the other tread, maybe?

: -T

That is what I was trying to do , but my newreader an old DOS one, Pine,
doesn't let me fid , orI don't know how to find, threds that do not have a
new pot on them. I had coied the paragraph to paste it in pace, but the
place had disappeared. If both come back at the same time I wil gladly
make the move. I can assure you it had nothing to do with Twinkies. By
now I am gettin completely confused adn still have no idea as to how this
got posted to the wrong thread. Perhaps I bumped my keyboard or some such
high tech explaination.

Wendy
Old 12-07-2013, 10:20 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 07/12/2013 01:59 PM, W. Baker wrote:
Todd wrote:
[...]

What OS are you using? DOS?

-T

Old 12-07-2013, 11:17 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

: Todd wrote:
: : On 07/12/2013 07:16 AM, W. Baker wrote:
: : My post should have been in the previous topic in answer to Todd. How it
: : got here and into asd I have no idea. Pleae read it as an answer to Todd
: : in the previous discussion.
: :
: : Wendy
:
: : Hi Wendy,
:
[...]

No, I have a MacMini using some form of OS10.? my isp is panix which
works kid of externally and I use th ePine format for my mail and
newsgroups. I have the Mac mail system too, but I have no idea how to get
any other kind of newsgroups system. Just accept that I am a computer
klutz with a asty, permanent vision problem making following all kidns of
instruction tricky as it can be difficult to make out all the words.

Wendy