Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
Trawley Trash Trawley Trash is offline

Default Twinkies are back. TWINKIES. ARE. BACK.

On Wed, 10 Jul 2013 14:22:36 +1000
"Henry Mydlarz" > wrote:

> "Don Roberto" > wrote in message
> >
> > http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/...back?ir=footer
> >
> > For the click-challenged:
> >
> > They're back.
> >
> > A year after Hostess filed for bankruptcy in the wake of ugly
> > in-fighting, those little tubular sponge cakes with creamy filling
> > that you and the bulk of nuclear survivalists love are back,
> > expected to hit shelves by July 15th. The company is proudly
> > proclaiming a "leaner" business structure, but that in no way means
> > that their product will make you any leaner yourself.*
> > *Okay, well they didn't actually say that last part.**
> > **But that doesn't mean it isn't true!
> >
> > Move aside, 2004 Red Sox, because the new boxes of Twinkies will
> > bear the totally true tag-line, "The Sweetest Comeback in the
> > History of Ever." A box of 10 Twinkies will still only set you back
> > $3.99, and the company says different styles of Twinkie, like
> > flavored cakes and crunchy-textured cakes, could be in the works.
> > Plus, we might not be far from Twinkies that are gluten-free, come
> > with added fiber, or have low sugar/sodium, for the all those
> > Twinkie-loving health nuts out there. Also, the company that now
> > owns Hostess also owns Chef Boyardee and PBR (among others), so
> > start sending your fan-mail begging for hybrids like TwinkieOs and
> > beer-filled Twinkies NOW.
> >
> > The company's president swears that these little guys won't
> > actually last forever, despite their reputation, and insists that
> > they should be consumed within 45 days. But, if anything, that just
> > means that people will be more desperate to eat them right away, so
> > you should probably go ahead and call in sick for July 15th right
> > now.

> I'll get my backpack with insulin. I should be able to eat a
> limitless amount......

Go ahead. It's free. We all have insurance now.

For their target market, they should gene splice from
fireflies into wheat. Glow-in-the-dark twinkies would
be a big hit.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.