Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Twinkies are back. TWINKIES. ARE. BACK.

In alt.food.diabetic W. Baker > wrote:
: In alt.support.diabetes W. Baker > wrote:
: : In alt.food.diabetic Don Roberto > wrote:

: : : http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/...back?ir=footer

: : : For the click-challenged:

: : : They're back.

: : : A year after Hostess filed for bankruptcy in the wake of ugly
: : : in-fighting, those little tubular sponge cakes with creamy filling that
: : : you and the bulk of nuclear survivalists love are back, expected to hit
: : : shelves by July 15th. The company is proudly proclaiming a "leaner"
: : : business structure, but that in no way means that their product will
: : : make you any leaner yourself.*
: : : *Okay, well they didn't actually say that last part.**
: : : **But that doesn't mean it isn't true!

: : : Move aside, 2004 Red Sox, because the new boxes of Twinkies will bear
: : : the totally true tag-line, "The Sweetest Comeback in the History of
: : : Ever." A box of 10 Twinkies will still only set you back $3.99, and the
: : : company says different styles of Twinkie, like flavored cakes and
: : : crunchy-textured cakes, could be in the works. Plus, we might not be far
: : : from Twinkies that are gluten-free, come with added fiber, or have low
: : : sugar/sodium, for the all those Twinkie-loving health nuts out there.
: : : Also, the company that now owns Hostess also owns Chef Boyardee and PBR
: : : (among others), so start sending your fan-mail begging for hybrids like
: : : TwinkieOs and beer-filled Twinkies NOW.

: : : The company's president swears that these little guys won't actually
: : : last forever, despite their reputation, and insists that they should be
: : : consumed within 45 days. But, if anything, that just means that people
: : : will be more desperate to eat them right away, so you should probably go
: : : ahead and call in sick for July 15th right now.

: : Depends on what is used as a bulking aent. You can get sucralose in a
: : liquuid form(no bulking aganent) also ) carbs. It is the bulking agent ,
: : which is a smal quantit y, htat gives the very low carb readign to the
: : powdered sucralose, and other dry sweeteners. that maltodextrose is the
: : bulking agent, not the sweetener itself. do they use any bulking agents
: : in the stevias? I don't use them, so cannot say(no package to look at).
: : For most purposes, the number of carbs form the blking agent is tiny, so
: : often less than one gram per serving. For most of us, not an amount to
: : fuss over.

: : Wendy

: Don't know what happened here. I sent this reply to another group, not
: asd, but it somehow got put here. No idea how this happened at all, but
: then I am not tech savvy.

: I will try o put it in its place, but I don't think it will go
: there.

: Wendy

My post should have been in the previous topic in answer to Todd. How it
got here and into asd I have no idea. Pleae read it as an answer to Todd
in the previous discussion.

Wendy