Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Default Twinkies are back. TWINKIES. ARE. BACK.

http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/...back?ir=footer

For the click-challenged:

They're back.

A year after Hostess filed for bankruptcy in the wake of ugly
in-fighting, those little tubular sponge cakes with creamy filling that
you and the bulk of nuclear survivalists love are back, expected to hit
shelves by July 15th. The company is proudly proclaiming a "leaner"
business structure, but that in no way means that their product will
make you any leaner yourself.*
*Okay, well they didn't actually say that last part.**
**But that doesn't mean it isn't true!

Move aside, 2004 Red Sox, because the new boxes of Twinkies will bear
the totally true tag-line, "The Sweetest Comeback in the History of
Ever." A box of 10 Twinkies will still only set you back $3.99, and the
company says different styles of Twinkie, like flavored cakes and
crunchy-textured cakes, could be in the works. Plus, we might not be far
from Twinkies that are gluten-free, come with added fiber, or have low
sugar/sodium, for the all those Twinkie-loving health nuts out there.
Also, the company that now owns Hostess also owns Chef Boyardee and PBR
(among others), so start sending your fan-mail begging for hybrids like
TwinkieOs and beer-filled Twinkies NOW.

The company's president swears that these little guys won't actually
last forever, despite their reputation, and insists that they should be
consumed within 45 days. But, if anything, that just means that people
will be more desperate to eat them right away, so you should probably go
ahead and call in sick for July 15th right now.
Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

"Don Roberto" > wrote in message

> http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/...back?ir=footer
>
> For the click-challenged:
>
> They're back.
>
> A year after Hostess filed for bankruptcy in the wake of ugly in-fighting,
> those little tubular sponge cakes with creamy filling that you and the
> bulk of nuclear survivalists love are back, expected to hit shelves by
> July 15th. The company is proudly proclaiming a "leaner" business
> structure, but that in no way means that their product will make you any
> leaner yourself.*
> *Okay, well they didn't actually say that last part.**
> **But that doesn't mean it isn't true!
>
> Move aside, 2004 Red Sox, because the new boxes of Twinkies will bear the
> totally true tag-line, "The Sweetest Comeback in the History of Ever." A
> box of 10 Twinkies will still only set you back $3.99, and the company
> says different styles of Twinkie, like flavored cakes and crunchy-textured
> cakes, could be in the works. Plus, we might not be far from Twinkies that
> are gluten-free, come with added fiber, or have low sugar/sodium, for the
> all those Twinkie-loving health nuts out there. Also, the company that now
> owns Hostess also owns Chef Boyardee and PBR (among others), so start
> sending your fan-mail begging for hybrids like TwinkieOs and beer-filled
> Twinkies NOW.
>
> The company's president swears that these little guys won't actually last
> forever, despite their reputation, and insists that they should be
> consumed within 45 days. But, if anything, that just means that people
> will be more desperate to eat them right away, so you should probably go
> ahead and call in sick for July 15th right now.

I'll get my backpack with insulin. I should be able to eat a limitless
amount......

Henry

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 10 Jul 2013 14:22:36 +1000
"Henry Mydlarz" > wrote:

> "Don Roberto" > wrote in message
> >
> > http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/...back?ir=footer
> >
> > For the click-challenged:
> >
> > They're back.
> >
> > A year after Hostess filed for bankruptcy in the wake of ugly
> > in-fighting, those little tubular sponge cakes with creamy filling
> > that you and the bulk of nuclear survivalists love are back,
> > expected to hit shelves by July 15th. The company is proudly
> > proclaiming a "leaner" business structure, but that in no way means
> > that their product will make you any leaner yourself.*
> > *Okay, well they didn't actually say that last part.**
> > **But that doesn't mean it isn't true!
> >
> > Move aside, 2004 Red Sox, because the new boxes of Twinkies will
> > bear the totally true tag-line, "The Sweetest Comeback in the
> > History of Ever." A box of 10 Twinkies will still only set you back
> > $3.99, and the company says different styles of Twinkie, like
> > flavored cakes and crunchy-textured cakes, could be in the works.
> > Plus, we might not be far from Twinkies that are gluten-free, come
> > with added fiber, or have low sugar/sodium, for the all those
> > Twinkie-loving health nuts out there. Also, the company that now
> > owns Hostess also owns Chef Boyardee and PBR (among others), so
> > start sending your fan-mail begging for hybrids like TwinkieOs and
> > beer-filled Twinkies NOW.
> >
> > The company's president swears that these little guys won't
> > actually last forever, despite their reputation, and insists that
> > they should be consumed within 45 days. But, if anything, that just
> > means that people will be more desperate to eat them right away, so
> > you should probably go ahead and call in sick for July 15th right
> > now.

> I'll get my backpack with insulin. I should be able to eat a
> limitless amount......

Go ahead. It's free. We all have insurance now.

For their target market, they should gene splice from
fireflies into wheat. Glow-in-the-dark twinkies would
be a big hit.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

On 7/9/2013 9:22 PM, Henry Mydlarz wrote:
> "Don Roberto" > wrote in message
>>
>> http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/...back?ir=footer
>>
>> For the click-challenged:
>>
>> They're back.
>>
>> A year after Hostess filed for bankruptcy in the wake of ugly in-fighting,
>> those little tubular sponge cakes with creamy filling that you and the
>> bulk of nuclear survivalists love are back, expected to hit shelves by
>> July 15th. The company is proudly proclaiming a "leaner" business
>> structure, but that in no way means that their product will make you any
>> leaner yourself.*
>> *Okay, well they didn't actually say that last part.**
>> **But that doesn't mean it isn't true!
>>
>> Move aside, 2004 Red Sox, because the new boxes of Twinkies will bear the
>> totally true tag-line, "The Sweetest Comeback in the History of Ever." A
>> box of 10 Twinkies will still only set you back $3.99, and the company
>> says different styles of Twinkie, like flavored cakes and crunchy-textured
>> cakes, could be in the works. Plus, we might not be far from Twinkies that
>> are gluten-free, come with added fiber, or have low sugar/sodium, for the
>> all those Twinkie-loving health nuts out there. Also, the company that now
>> owns Hostess also owns Chef Boyardee and PBR (among others), so start
>> sending your fan-mail begging for hybrids like TwinkieOs and beer-filled
>> Twinkies NOW.
>>
>> The company's president swears that these little guys won't actually last
>> forever, despite their reputation, and insists that they should be
>> consumed within 45 days. But, if anything, that just means that people
>> will be more desperate to eat them right away, so you should probably go
>> ahead and call in sick for July 15th right now.

> I'll get my backpack with insulin. I should be able to eat a limitless
> amount......

Before you do: remember the current record is 24 of them in under a
minute. That's 3,600 calories!
Here are some more vital facts no twinkie lover should be ignorant of:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2144143.html
kinky twinkie eater

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

"Don Roberto" > wrote in message
> On 7/9/2013 9:22 PM, Henry Mydlarz wrote:
>> "Don Roberto" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/...back?ir=footer
>>>
>>> For the click-challenged:
>>>
>>> They're back.
>>>
>>> A year after Hostess filed for bankruptcy in the wake of ugly
>>> in-fighting,
>>> those little tubular sponge cakes with creamy filling that you and the
>>> bulk of nuclear survivalists love are back, expected to hit shelves by
>>> July 15th. The company is proudly proclaiming a "leaner" business
>>> structure, but that in no way means that their product will make you any
>>> leaner yourself.*
>>> *Okay, well they didn't actually say that last part.**
>>> **But that doesn't mean it isn't true!
>>>
>>> Move aside, 2004 Red Sox, because the new boxes of Twinkies will bear
>>> the
>>> totally true tag-line, "The Sweetest Comeback in the History of Ever." A
>>> box of 10 Twinkies will still only set you back $3.99, and the company
>>> says different styles of Twinkie, like flavored cakes and
>>> crunchy-textured
>>> cakes, could be in the works. Plus, we might not be far from Twinkies
>>> that
>>> are gluten-free, come with added fiber, or have low sugar/sodium, for
>>> the
>>> all those Twinkie-loving health nuts out there. Also, the company that
>>> now
>>> owns Hostess also owns Chef Boyardee and PBR (among others), so start
>>> sending your fan-mail begging for hybrids like TwinkieOs and beer-filled
>>> Twinkies NOW.
>>>
>>> The company's president swears that these little guys won't actually
>>> last
>>> forever, despite their reputation, and insists that they should be
>>> consumed within 45 days. But, if anything, that just means that people
>>> will be more desperate to eat them right away, so you should probably go
>>> ahead and call in sick for July 15th right now.

>> I'll get my backpack with insulin. I should be able to eat a limitless
>> amount......
>>

> Before you do: remember the current record is 24 of them in under a
> minute. That's 3,600 calories!
> Here are some more vital facts no twinkie lover should be ignorant of:
>
> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2144143.html
> kinky twinkie eater

Too much!!! I haven't even got over Krispy Kreme (or is it Qrispy Qreme?)
doughnuts......

Henry

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Don Roberto wrote:
> Henry Mydlarz wrote:
>> "Don Roberto" wrote

>>> http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/...back?ir=footer
>>> For the click-challenged:
>>> They're back.

>> I'll get my backpack with insulin. I should be able to eat a
>> limitless amount......

> Before you do: remember the current record is 24 of them in under a
> minute. That's 3,600 calories!

that was a skinny diabetic

> Here are some more vital facts no twinkie lover should be ignorant of:
> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2144143.html
> kinky twinkie eater

my aunt ate lots of Twinkies, dies at 96 yo and never had T2
they probably ate lots of other high carb low fat stuff with the Twinkies

I bet you that those were not patured Twinkies

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

On 7/10/2013 5:30 PM, Henry Mydlarz wrote:
> "Don Roberto" > wrote in message

>>> I'll get my backpack with insulin. I should be able to eat a limitless
>>> amount......
>>>

>> Before you do: remember the current record is 24 of them in under a
>> minute. That's 3,600 calories!
>> Here are some more vital facts no twinkie lover should be ignorant of:
>>
>> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2144143.html
>> kinky twinkie eater
>>

> Too much!!! I haven't even got over Krispy Kreme (or is it Qrispy Qreme?)
> doughnuts......

Yep. Grossest do-nut I ever came across.

> Henry

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

In alt.food.diabetic Don Roberto > wrote:

[...]

Depends on what is used as a bulking aent. You can get sucralose in a
liquuid form(no bulking aganent) also ) carbs. It is the bulking agent ,
which is a smal quantit y, htat gives the very low carb readign to the
powdered sucralose, and other dry sweeteners. that maltodextrose is the
bulking agent, not the sweetener itself. do they use any bulking agents
in the stevias? I don't use them, so cannot say(no package to look at).
For most purposes, the number of carbs form the blking agent is tiny, so
often less than one gram per serving. For most of us, not an amount to
fuss over.

Wendy
Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

In alt.support.diabetes W. Baker > wrote:
[...]

Don't know what happened here. I sent this reply to another group, not
asd, but it somehow got put here. No idea how this happened at all, but
then I am not tech savvy.

I will try o put it in its place, but I don't think it will go
there.

Wendy
Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

In alt.food.diabetic W. Baker > wrote:
[...]

My post should have been in the previous topic in answer to Todd. How it
got here and into asd I have no idea. Pleae read it as an answer to Todd
in the previous discussion.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 07/12/2013 07:16 AM, W. Baker wrote:
> My post should have been in the previous topic in answer to Todd. How it
> got here and into asd I have no idea. Pleae read it as an answer to Todd
> in the previous discussion.
>
> Wendy

Hi Wendy,

I am lost. I can not figure out what goes to what.
Try reposing in the other tread, maybe?

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd > wrote:
: On 07/12/2013 07:16 AM, W. Baker wrote:
: > My post should have been in the previous topic in answer to Todd. How it
: > got here and into asd I have no idea. Pleae read it as an answer to Todd
: > in the previous discussion.
: >
: > Wendy

: Hi Wendy,

: I am lost. I can not figure out what goes to what.
: Try reposing in the other tread, maybe?

: -T

That is what I was trying to do , but my newreader an old DOS one, Pine,
doesn't let me fid , orI don't know how to find, threds that do not have a
new pot on them. I had coied the paragraph to paste it in pace, but the
place had disappeared. If both come back at the same time I wil gladly
make the move. I can assure you it had nothing to do with Twinkies. By
now I am gettin completely confused adn still have no idea as to how this
got posted to the wrong thread. Perhaps I bumped my keyboard or some such
high tech explaination.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 07/12/2013 01:59 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> Todd > wrote:
> : On 07/12/2013 07:16 AM, W. Baker wrote:
> : > My post should have been in the previous topic in answer to Todd. How it
> : > got here and into asd I have no idea. Pleae read it as an answer to Todd
> : > in the previous discussion.
> : >
> : > Wendy
>
> : Hi Wendy,
>
> : I am lost. I can not figure out what goes to what.
> : Try reposing in the other tread, maybe?
>
> : -T
>
> That is what I was trying to do , but my newreader an old DOS one, Pine,
> doesn't let me fid , orI don't know how to find, threds that do not have a
> new pot on them. I had coied the paragraph to paste it in pace, but the
> place had disappeared. If both come back at the same time I wil gladly
> make the move. I can assure you it had nothing to do with Twinkies. By
> now I am gettin completely confused adn still have no idea as to how this
> got posted to the wrong thread. Perhaps I bumped my keyboard or some such
> high tech explaination.
>
> Wendy

Hi Wendy,

What OS are you using? DOS?

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 07/12/2013 01:59 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> Todd > wrote:
> : On 07/12/2013 07:16 AM, W. Baker wrote:
> : > My post should have been in the previous topic in answer to Todd. How it
> : > got here and into asd I have no idea. Pleae read it as an answer to Todd
> : > in the previous discussion.
> : >
> : > Wendy
>
> : Hi Wendy,
>
> : I am lost. I can not figure out what goes to what.
> : Try reposing in the other tread, maybe?
>
> : -T
>
> That is what I was trying to do , but my newreader an old DOS one, Pine,
> doesn't let me fid , orI don't know how to find, threds that do not have a
> new pot on them. I had coied the paragraph to paste it in pace, but the
> place had disappeared. If both come back at the same time I wil gladly
> make the move. I can assure you it had nothing to do with Twinkies. By
> now I am gettin completely confused adn still have no idea as to how this
> got posted to the wrong thread. Perhaps I bumped my keyboard or some such
> high tech explaination.
>
> Wendy

Hi Wendy,

What OS are you using? DOS?

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

: > Todd > wrote:
: > : On 07/12/2013 07:16 AM, W. Baker wrote:
: > : > My post should have been in the previous topic in answer to Todd. How it
: > : > got here and into asd I have no idea. Pleae read it as an answer to Todd
: > : > in the previous discussion.
: > : >
: > : > Wendy
: >
: > : Hi Wendy,
: >
[...]

No, I have a MacMini using some form of OS10.? my isp is panix which
works kid of externally and I use th ePine format for my mail and
newsgroups. I have the Mac mail system too, but I have no idea how to get
any other kind of newsgroups system. Just accept that I am a computer
klutz with a asty, permanent vision problem making following all kidns of
instruction tricky as it can be difficult to make out all the words.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 07/12/2013 03:17 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> : Hi Wendy,
>
> : What OS are you using? DOS?
>
> : -T
>
> No, I have a MacMini using some form of OS10.? my isp is panix which
> works kid of externally and I use th ePine format for my mail and
> newsgroups. I have the Mac mail system too, but I have no idea how to get
> any other kind of newsgroups system. Just accept that I am a computer
> klutz with a asty, permanent vision problem making following all kidns of
> instruction tricky as it can be difficult to make out all the words.
>
> Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Thunderbird work great in OS10. But you may have the same
problems with vision.

My wife has MD (macular degeneration) in her family. So she
supplements both of us. So has done a lot research. (I have not
had an eye prescription change in 25 years. Weirds out the eye
doctor.) These are her eye pills:

http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-lut...=NSI%203008391

Maybe they can help you too.

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd > wrote:
[...]

Lost central vision in left eye about 17 years ago adn am , curretn.y
under treatment for the right eye with intraocular shots , now every 6
weeks, up from every 4 a yer ago. this will continue pretty much as long
as I live or I will lose the central vision in the right eye and be
legally blind. thisis the wet ind adn came up suddenly. I jus hope the
med i am gettign, elea, continues sto work for me. So far so good. right
eye doesn't see perfetly, but at least I can read, functin adn even have
a great weeks vacation touring in cicago on my own partly by force of will
and a rollator walker to deal with teh back pain. None of thi sis
diabetes related. jus the luch of the drow.

Wendy