Old 24-06-2004, 02:58 AM
Mike Shmayer

Default Buying low carb foods online??

Has anyone successfully tried any of the low carb foods that are sold
online? I live in a small town, and can't find very many products
locally. One place that caught my eye was www.nosugardaddy.com .. has
anyone tried this place, or can recommend another online vendor to
look into?

Thanks

Old 24-06-2004, 03:06 AM
JC Der Koenig

They don't sell meat, eggs, and cheese in your little town?

--
You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

om...

Old 24-06-2004, 07:52 AM
Wolfbrother

"JC Der Koenig" wrote in message om...
They don't sell meat, eggs, and cheese in your little town?

--
You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

"Mike Shmayer" wrote in message
om...
Has anyone successfully tried any of the low carb foods that are sold
online? I live in a small town, and can't find very many products
locally. One place that caught my eye was www.nosugardaddy.com .. has
anyone tried this place, or can recommend another online vendor to
look into?

Thanks

Yeah try and stick with a diet of whole foods that is naturaly
low carb instead of eating fake processed foods artificialy made to be
low in carbs. Most of it is pretty scary stuff loaded with sucralos
and soy flower. If you must have bread go with sprouted whole
grain/multi grain breads wich are fairly low in carbs and much more
healthy than nasty low carb soy flower breads.
Old 24-06-2004, 11:54 AM
Siobhan Perricone

On 23 Jun 2004 18:58:18 -0700, (Mike Shmayer) wrote:

Has anyone successfully tried any of the low carb foods that are sold
online? I live in a small town, and can't find very many products
locally. One place that caught my eye was
www.nosugardaddy.com .. has
anyone tried this place, or can recommend another online vendor to
look into?

I have great experiences with www.netrition.com. Orders are always in good
time, packaged well, and the prices are reasonable.

Though, many of the low carb versions of things are yucky and not worth it
at any price. If there are some specific things you're looking at, ask
over here and I'll let you know if I've had it and what I thought of it.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"This isn't right. This isn't even wrong."
Old 25-06-2004, 06:00 AM
Julie Bove

"Siobhan Perricone" wrote in message

I have great experiences with www.netrition.com. Orders are always in good
time, packaged well, and the prices are reasonable.

Though, many of the low carb versions of things are yucky and not worth it
at any price. If there are some specific things you're looking at, ask
over here and I'll let you know if I've had it and what I thought of it.

I too have ordered from them. Aside from one order that seemed to get lost
somewhere out there in cyberspace, I've had no problems with the orders. I
did have a problem with most of the foods though. They were inedible! The
pumpkin custard was okay and low in carbs when made with water, but it is
sold in such a large quantity that I could never eat all of it. Bought a
chocolate shake mix for my daughter. She liked it for a while then got
burned out on it. Also bought some of the gelatin and powdered drink mixes.
Nothing wrong with those, except that now the flavors I was buying are
widely available in any grocery store. Really no need for me to order from
them any more.

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Old 25-06-2004, 09:33 PM
Mike Shmayer

"Mike Shmayer" wrote in message
om...
Has anyone successfully tried any of the low carb foods that are sold
online? I live in a small town, and can't find very many products
locally. One place that caught my eye was www.nosugardaddy.com .. has
anyone tried this place, or can recommend another online vendor to
look into?

Thanks

Yeah try and stick with a diet of whole foods that is naturaly
low carb instead of eating fake processed foods artificialy made to be
low in carbs. Most of it is pretty scary stuff loaded with sucralos
and soy flower. If you must have bread go with sprouted whole
grain/multi grain breads wich are fairly low in carbs and much more
healthy than nasty low carb soy flower breads.

I'm type 2, and while I typically use whole grain breads as my carb
source in each meal, it's killing me to not be able to put jam on my
bread or dressing on my salad. Most of the products on that
nosugardaddy.com website use sugar alcohols like maltitol, sorbitol,
mannitol, as sweeteners.. are those as bad as sucralose? I know
sucralose is a chlorinated carb, but I don't think the sugar alcohols
are.
Old 25-06-2004, 11:53 PM
pcx99

Mike Shmayer wrote:

Has anyone successfully tried any of the low carb foods that are sold
online? I live in a small town, and can't find very many products
locally. One place that caught my eye was www.nosugardaddy.com .. has
anyone tried this place, or can recommend another online vendor to
look into?

Thanks

Low carb friends has a good marketplace that's reputable and reliable.
It also has a nice community message board that's very helpful and not
as impersonal as usenet.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com

--
-------------
http://www.hunlock.com/health.php
Old 26-06-2004, 12:45 AM
Debbie Cusick

Mike Shmayer wrote:

bread or dressing on my salad. Most of the products on that
nosugardaddy.com website use sugar alcohols like maltitol, sorbitol,
mannitol, as sweeteners.. are those as bad as sucralose?

Huh? Sucralose is the **good** product. All those "-ols" are bad!
--
Debbie

Old 26-06-2004, 02:58 AM
Julie Bove

"Mike Shmayer" wrote in message
om...

I'm type 2, and while I typically use whole grain breads as my carb
source in each meal, it's killing me to not be able to put jam on my
bread or dressing on my salad. Most of the products on that
nosugardaddy.com website use sugar alcohols like maltitol, sorbitol,
mannitol, as sweeteners.. are those as bad as sucralose? I know
sucralose is a chlorinated carb, but I don't think the sugar alcohols
are.

Sugar alcohols = laxative. If you like dashing to the bathroom, passing
gas, having stomach pains, etc., go for it! Personally, I try to avoid that
junk.

Old 26-06-2004, 07:01 AM
Jolly More

low carb friends are definitely not as impersonal as new groups. also
info has more authentic than just someone answering to a group
message.
good luck
pcx99 wrote in message om...
Mike Shmayer wrote:

Has anyone successfully tried any of the low carb foods that are sold
online? I live in a small town, and can't find very many products
locally. One place that caught my eye was www.nosugardaddy.com .. has
anyone tried this place, or can recommend another online vendor to
look into?

Thanks

Low carb friends has a good marketplace that's reputable and reliable.
It also has a nice community message board that's very helpful and not
as impersonal as usenet.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com

buying sushi online? Ken Blake[_2_] Sushi 0 23-02-2012 06:52 PM
Buying Matcha online [email protected] Tea 4 04-12-2006 10:30 PM
Buying online Nick Beer 4 31-10-2006 03:37 PM
Buying cinnamon online Doug Weller Baking 8 10-12-2005 08:45 PM
Buying cinnamon online Doug Weller General Cooking 10 10-12-2005 08:45 PM