Doug Weller

Default Buying cinnamon online

What's the best cinnamon I can get online? Penzey's? The last few times
I've visited the US from the UK I've purchased cinnamon from Cinnabon
shops in airports, but I know I can get better.

This site is tempting as I like the idea of their French Toast cinnamon

http://www.coastalgoods.com/product_list.php?cat_id=5

Thanks.

Doug
--
Doug Weller -- exorcise the demon to reply
Doug & Helen's Dogs http://www.dougandhelen.com

Bob Westcott

The Penzey's Vietnamese cinnamon is fantastic.

"Doug Weller" > wrote in message
> What's the best cinnamon I can get online? Penzey's? The last few times
> I've visited the US from the UK I've purchased cinnamon from Cinnabon
> shops in airports, but I know I can get better.
>
> This site is tempting as I like the idea of their French Toast cinnamon
>
> http://www.coastalgoods.com/product_list.php?cat_id=5
>
> Thanks.
>
> Doug
> --
> Doug Weller -- exorcise the demon to reply
> Doug & Helen's Dogs http://www.dougandhelen.com
> A Director and Moderator of The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com
> Doug's Archaeology Site: http://www.ramtops.co.uk

Nexis

"Doug Weller" > wrote in message
> What's the best cinnamon I can get online? Penzey's? The last few times
> I've visited the US from the UK I've purchased cinnamon from Cinnabon
> shops in airports, but I know I can get better.
>
> This site is tempting as I like the idea of their French Toast cinnamon
>
> http://www.coastalgoods.com/product_list.php?cat_id=5
>
> Thanks.
>
> Doug
> --

Penzey's Vietnamese is the absolute best cinnamon. I love it and use it
every day, in coffee and tea, and use it often on toast, in apple butter,
apple pie/crisp, chocolate soufflé, etc. It's strong, and spicy and sweet
and so much better than that tasteless junk they sell in the supermarket.

kimberly

QX

http://www.vannsspices.com/about.htm

They are available online from A Cook's Wares::

The finest zeylanicum cinnamon shipped from the port of Saigon.
Delicate flavor, fragrant and warm.
http://www.cookswares.com/individual.asp?n=8948

Korintje cassia from Southwest Sumatra. Milder, more fragrant flavor
than common Indonesian cinnamon:
http://www.cookswares.com/individual.asp?n=8979
http://www.cookswares.com/individual.asp?n=8903
http://www.cookswares.com/individual.asp?n=V050

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 10:27:40 +0100, Doug Weller
> wrote:

>What's the best cinnamon I can get online? Penzey's? The last few times
>I've visited the US from the UK I've purchased cinnamon from Cinnabon
>shops in airports, but I know I can get better.
>
>This site is tempting as I like the idea of their French Toast cinnamon
>
>http://www.coastalgoods.com/product_list.php?cat_id=5
>
>Thanks.
>
>Doug

Dee Randall

"QX" > wrote in message

> http://www.vannsspices.com/about.htm
>
> They are available online from A Cook's Wares::
>
> The finest zeylanicum cinnamon shipped from the port of Saigon.
> Delicate flavor, fragrant and warm.
> http://www.cookswares.com/individual.asp?n=8948
>
> Korintje cassia from Southwest Sumatra. Milder, more fragrant flavor
> than common Indonesian cinnamon:
> http://www.cookswares.com/individual.asp?n=8979
> http://www.cookswares.com/individual.asp?n=8903
> http://www.cookswares.com/individual.asp?n=V050
>

> On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 10:27:40 +0100, Doug Weller
> > wrote:
>
>>What's the best cinnamon I can get online? Penzey's? The last few times
>>I've visited the US from the UK I've purchased cinnamon from Cinnabon
>>shops in airports, but I know I can get better.
>>
>>This site is tempting as I like the idea of their French Toast cinnamon
>>
>>http://www.coastalgoods.com/product_list.php?cat_id=5
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>Doug

Thanks for the two alternative sites for spices. After my last order from
Penzey's, I was looking for an alternative source.
Dee Dee

Scott

In article >,
"Dee Randall" > wrote:

> Thanks for the two alternative sites for spices. After my last order from
> Penzey's, I was looking for an alternative source.

Any particular reason? Price? Quality? Selection?

--
to respond (OT only), change "spamless.invalid" to "optonline.net"

<http://www.thecoffeefaq.com/>
Dee Randall

"Scott" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Dee Randall" > wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the two alternative sites for spices. After my last order
>> from
>> Penzey's, I was looking for an alternative source.

> Any particular reason? Price? Quality? Selection?
>
> --
> to respond (OT only), change "spamless.invalid" to "optonline.net"
>
> <http://www.thecoffeefaq.com/>

None of the above, Scott. I won't dish their product, tho.
Looking elsewhere,
Dee Dee

Susan

My favorite online spice shop is:

http://www.thespicehouse.com/

They have *wonderful* spices! I have several of their cinnamons ... I
think my favorite is the China Cassia; it has a spicy, citrusy flavor
that adds a nice depth to baked goods. Their cinnamon page is at:

http://www.thespicehouse.com/categor...e_Cinnamon.php

Last winter I ordered a selection of dried chiles from them and ground a
mixture for chili. It was amazing how much better it was than the
pre-mixed grocery store chili powder and the chili was awesome.

susan

Doug Weller wrote:
> What's the best cinnamon I can get online? Penzey's? The last few times
> I've visited the US from the UK I've purchased cinnamon from Cinnabon
> shops in airports, but I know I can get better.
>
> This site is tempting as I like the idea of their French Toast cinnamon
>
> http://www.coastalgoods.com/product_list.php?cat_id=5
>
> Thanks.
>
> Doug

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking
Dee Randall

"Nexis" > wrote in message

> "Doug Weller" > wrote in message
>> What's the best cinnamon I can get online? Penzey's? The last few times
>> I've visited the US from the UK I've purchased cinnamon from Cinnabon
>> shops in airports, but I know I can get better.
>>
>> This site is tempting as I like the idea of their French Toast cinnamon
>>
>> http://www.coastalgoods.com/product_list.php?cat_id=5
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Doug
>> --

> Penzey's Vietnamese is the absolute best cinnamon. I love it and use it
> every day, in coffee and tea, and use it often on toast, in apple butter,
> apple pie/crisp, chocolate soufflé, etc. It's strong, and spicy and sweet
> and so much better than that tasteless junk they sell in the supermarket.
>
> kimberly

If you shop at Costco or BJ's, they have MCCormack's Gourmet Selection of
"Saigon Cinnamon." I use it, as well as I have Penzey's Vietnamese.
I use it daily on oatmeal.
Dee Dee

buying sushi online? Ken Blake[_2_] Sushi 0 23-02-2012 06:52 PM
Buying Matcha online [email protected] Tea 4 04-12-2006 10:30 PM
Buying online Nick Beer 4 31-10-2006 03:37 PM
Buying cinnamon online Doug Weller General Cooking 10 10-12-2005 08:45 PM
Buying low carb foods online?? Mike Shmayer Diabetic 21 04-10-2004 06:28 PM