Old 23-08-2004, 12:14 AM
Sexy Red

I'm type 2, and while I typically use whole grain breads as my carb
source in each meal, it's killing me to not be able to put jam on my
bread or dressing on my salad.

It's been ages since I've had a jam or jelly on my bread. I butter up
my toast and put splenda and cinnamon on it and stick it in the
microwave for 20 seconds. YUMMY

I make cinnamon toast like this also, but Smucker's makes sugar-free jelly that
is pretty darn good! Unfortunately it is made with Nutrasweet but it's very
tasty.

__________________________________________________ __
Leetie, Keeper of CRAIG DAVID and LIL' KIM

Old 04-10-2004, 06:28 PM
JHA

Sugar alcohols are carbs. The most polite thing I can say about the
statement "sugar alcohols have a minimal impact on blood sugar levels"--
which you see on a lot of "low net carb" foods--is that it's a gross
oversimplification.

Different people react differently to sugar alcohols. I almost never
have GI problems, but I've never had a problem with glucophage either
(usually things that make my system more active are a good thing for
me). One the other hand, I have to count the sugar alcohols as plain
ordinary carbs.

It also depends on which sugar alcohol. Maltitol seems to be the most
like regular carbs in terms of raising blood glucose for most people.
Other types don't affect BG as much. Ben & Jerry's Carb Karma ice cream
has a bunch of sugar alcohols that don't raise my BG much. On the other
hand, the one time I ate WAY too much of it, my insides gurgled all
night. BG was absolutely flat.

It appears that sugar alcohols tend to either: (1) raise your BG, or
(2) create GI problems (or some mix of the two).

Mike Shmayer wrote:

"Mike Shmayer" wrote in message
e.com...

Has anyone successfully tried any of the low carb foods that are sold
online? I live in a small town, and can't find very many products
locally. One place that caught my eye was www.nosugardaddy.com .. has
anyone tried this place, or can recommend another online vendor to
look into?

Thanks

Yeah try and stick with a diet of whole foods that is naturaly
low carb instead of eating fake processed foods artificialy made to be
low in carbs. Most of it is pretty scary stuff loaded with sucralos
and soy flower. If you must have bread go with sprouted whole
grain/multi grain breads wich are fairly low in carbs and much more
healthy than nasty low carb soy flower breads.

I'm type 2, and while I typically use whole grain breads as my carb
source in each meal, it's killing me to not be able to put jam on my
bread or dressing on my salad. Most of the products on that
nosugardaddy.com website use sugar alcohols like maltitol, sorbitol,
mannitol, as sweeteners.. are those as bad as sucralose? I know
sucralose is a chlorinated carb, but I don't think the sugar alcohols
are.

Old 04-10-2004, 06:28 PM
JHA

Mike Shmayer wrote:

[...]

buying sushi online? Ken Blake[_2_] Sushi 0 23-02-2012 06:52 PM
Buying Matcha online [email protected] Tea 4 04-12-2006 10:30 PM
Buying online Nick Beer 4 31-10-2006 03:37 PM
Buying cinnamon online Doug Weller Baking 8 10-12-2005 08:45 PM
Buying cinnamon online Doug Weller General Cooking 10 10-12-2005 08:45 PM