Diabetic (alt.food.diabetic) This group is for the discussion of controlled-portion eating plans for the dietary management of diabetes.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-10-2003, 03:14 AM
BZ
 
Posts: n/a
Default Half the Bread


HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) is now considered to be a threat to most
comsumers and especially diabetics.

http://www.thenutritionreporter.com/...e_dangers.html
http://www.menshealth.com/features/m...ocs/doc31.html

so I looked at the ingredients. get a load of this:

whole wheat flour
water
high fructose corn syrup
vital wheat gluten
yeast
2% or less of the following:
soybean oil
salt
honey
molasses
raisin juice concentrate
blah blah blah chemicals...

calories per slice - 110
calories from fat - 10
total fat - 1.5g
total carb - 20g
dietary fiber - 3g
protein - 4g

so now what do I do? keep eating it or am i kidding myself that it's
healthy stuff?

dave

K'neH'a'Iw wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

I'm now eating whole wheat bread.



I find lot of whole wheat bread is not much better that white bread. It
has just enough whole wheat flour to call it whole wheat, sometimes
along with sugar. I once got some by mistake which had molasses in it.

I read the label carefully and look for 100% stone ground whole wheat
flour.





  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-10-2003, 01:57 PM
Ted Rosenberg
 
Posts: n/a
Default Half the Bread

cc;d by email

This trolling scammers has just entered the NG's under a new name,
representing Momma Betty and the anti medicine scammers

look for a rash of similar posts soon

BZ wrote:

HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) is now considered to be a threat to most
comsumers and especially diabetics.

http://www.thenutritionreporter.com/...e_dangers.html
http://www.menshealth.com/features/m...ocs/doc31.html


so I looked at the ingredients. get a load of this:

whole wheat flour
water
high fructose corn syrup
vital wheat gluten
yeast
2% or less of the following:
soybean oil
salt
honey
molasses
raisin juice concentrate
blah blah blah chemicals...

calories per slice - 110
calories from fat - 10
total fat - 1.5g
total carb - 20g
dietary fiber - 3g
protein - 4g

so now what do I do? keep eating it or am i kidding myself that it's
healthy stuff?

dave

K'neH'a'Iw wrote:


Bay Area Dave wrote:


I'm now eating whole wheat bread.


I find lot of whole wheat bread is not much better that white bread. It
has just enough whole wheat flour to call it whole wheat, sometimes
along with sugar. I once got some by mistake which had molasses in it.

I read the label carefully and look for 100% stone ground whole wheat
flour.





  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-10-2003, 02:13 PM
BZ
 
Posts: n/a
Default Half the Bread

It must be terrible to live such a paranoid life Ted. Why is is that almost
the entire medical community is talking about HFCS? Are you afraid that
maybe all those twinkies and soda you eat and drink that got your fat ass
Type 2 diabetes will disappear? I can't even recommend you get a life Ted
since you are a waste of life. Good-luck to you sir.

"Ted Rosenberg" wrote in message
...
cc;d by email

This trolling scammers has just entered the NG's under a new name,
representing Momma Betty and the anti medicine scammers

look for a rash of similar posts soon

BZ wrote:

HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) is now considered to be a threat to most
comsumers and especially diabetics.

http://www.thenutritionreporter.com/...e_dangers.html
http://www.menshealth.com/features/m...ocs/doc31.html


so I looked at the ingredients. get a load of this:

whole wheat flour
water
high fructose corn syrup
vital wheat gluten
yeast
2% or less of the following:
soybean oil
salt
honey
molasses
raisin juice concentrate
blah blah blah chemicals...

calories per slice - 110
calories from fat - 10
total fat - 1.5g
total carb - 20g
dietary fiber - 3g
protein - 4g

so now what do I do? keep eating it or am i kidding myself that it's
healthy stuff?

dave

K'neH'a'Iw wrote:


Bay Area Dave wrote:


I'm now eating whole wheat bread.


I find lot of whole wheat bread is not much better that white bread.

It
has just enough whole wheat flour to call it whole wheat, sometimes
along with sugar. I once got some by mistake which had molasses in it.

I read the label carefully and look for 100% stone ground whole wheat
flour.







  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-10-2003, 02:39 PM
Julie Bove
 
Posts: n/a
Default Half the Bread





"Ted Rosenberg" wrote in message
...
cc;d by email

This trolling scammers has just entered the NG's under a new name,
representing Momma Betty and the anti medicine scammers

look for a rash of similar posts soon


Yep. He has hit the food group already. *sigh*

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/


  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-10-2003, 02:40 PM
Julie Bove
 
Posts: n/a
Default Half the Bread





"BZ" wrote in message
...
It must be terrible to live such a paranoid life Ted. Why is is that

almost
the entire medical community is talking about HFCS? Are you afraid that
maybe all those twinkies and soda you eat and drink that got your fat ass
Type 2 diabetes will disappear? I can't even recommend you get a life Ted
since you are a waste of life. Good-luck to you sir.


Go away!

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/




  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-10-2003, 02:45 PM
Fester
 
Posts: n/a
Default Half the Bread

Correct me if i'm wrong, but there is as yet NO evidence that ones diet can
lead to being diabetic. True it may be a contributing factor but it is not
the sole cause. Soda and twinkies( whatever they are) will be around for a
long time yet i'm sure.
As for your references, they're from articles published over 7 years ago,
hardly breaking news is it? Most of us w ould have the common sense to avoid
the following;
sucrose, fructose, lactose and glucose ..since most of them seem to be
sugar based or related in some way. That's just common sense, Fructose and
high-fructose corn syrup foods or HFCS ( but you already knew that) be they
natural sugar or otherwise will never be on my diet in any large quantity as
i have now withdrawn my death wish and packed in all the junk i used to eat.

If you honestly believe that the medical community is still discussing the
same things in 2003 that it was in 1996 then you're as mad as a box of
frogs and no more use

Patrick.

"BZ" wrote in message
...
It must be terrible to live such a paranoid life Ted. Why is is that

almost
the entire medical community is talking about HFCS? Are you afraid that
maybe all those twinkies and soda you eat and drink that got your fat ass
Type 2 diabetes will disappear? I can't even recommend you get a life Ted
since you are a waste of life. Good-luck to you sir.

"Ted Rosenberg" wrote in message
...
cc;d by email

This trolling scammers has just entered the NG's under a new name,
representing Momma Betty and the anti medicine scammers

look for a rash of similar posts soon

BZ wrote:

HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) is now considered to be a threat to

most
comsumers and especially diabetics.

http://www.thenutritionreporter.com/...e_dangers.html
http://www.menshealth.com/features/m...ocs/doc31.html


so I looked at the ingredients. get a load of this:

whole wheat flour
water
high fructose corn syrup
vital wheat gluten
yeast
2% or less of the following:
soybean oil
salt
honey
molasses
raisin juice concentrate
blah blah blah chemicals...

calories per slice - 110
calories from fat - 10
total fat - 1.5g
total carb - 20g
dietary fiber - 3g
protein - 4g

so now what do I do? keep eating it or am i kidding myself that it's
healthy stuff?

dave

K'neH'a'Iw wrote:


Bay Area Dave wrote:


I'm now eating whole wheat bread.


I find lot of whole wheat bread is not much better that white bread.

It
has just enough whole wheat flour to call it whole wheat, sometimes
along with sugar. I once got some by mistake which had molasses in

it.

I read the label carefully and look for 100% stone ground whole wheat
flour.









  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-10-2003, 02:52 PM
 
Posts: n/a
Default Half the Bread

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 08:57:11 -0400, Ted Rosenberg
wrote:

cc;d by email

This trolling scammers has just entered the NG's under a new name,
representing Momma Betty and the anti medicine scammers

look for a rash of similar posts soon

BZ wrote:

HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) is now considered to be a threat to most
comsumers and especially diabetics.

http://www.thenutritionreporter.com/...e_dangers.html
http://www.menshealth.com/features/m...ocs/doc31.html


Ted

I had a look at both those sites and I must be missing something. They
sounded like reasonable articles discussing HFCS. Not a hint of a
mention of the A* word. What's the problem?
I know the poster googles up as "Just Me", a swimming pool builder
from Canada, but surely that's not a problem here (although, to an
Aussie, outdoor swimming pools in Canada sound as useful as a
snowplough in Cairns)?


Cheers Alan, T2, Oz
--
Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-10-2003, 03:00 PM
BZ
 
Posts: n/a
Default Half the Bread

I'm sorry but where are you getting your information? The discussions on
HFCS are current, Google can provide you with links to substantiate that
fact. And yes, your diet is responsible for your Type 2 diabetes. You have
pushed your bodies ability to adjust its insulin to the amount crap you put
in it that it simply gives up and a resistance is developed. Type 2 diabetes
is preventable and unnecessary. I have to say this group is quite full of
the most narrow-minded people I have ever had the dis-pleasure of
associating with. I susbscribed to the group because I thought I would find
intelligent conversations regarding diabetes, I am not a diabetic but my son
is (Type 1). I enjoy seeking information and discussing nutrition and diet
related topics but I can see that doesn't happen here. Perhaps there are
others lurking that feel the same way, if so, please feel free to make
contact and a private mailing list could setup so we don't have listen to
the nonsense of the Ted Rosenwhatzits and the Julie Bovines (yes Julie I
have seen your photo - funny how you dispell medical professional opinions
about chemicals you are eating but promote Tarot and dream analysis. LOL).
"Fester" wrote in message
. ..
Correct me if i'm wrong, but there is as yet NO evidence that ones diet

can
lead to being diabetic. True it may be a contributing factor but it is not
the sole cause. Soda and twinkies( whatever they are) will be around for a
long time yet i'm sure.
As for your references, they're from articles published over 7 years ago,
hardly breaking news is it? Most of us w ould have the common sense to

avoid
the following;
sucrose, fructose, lactose and glucose ..since most of them seem to be
sugar based or related in some way. That's just common sense, Fructose and
high-fructose corn syrup foods or HFCS ( but you already knew that) be

they
natural sugar or otherwise will never be on my diet in any large quantity

as
i have now withdrawn my death wish and packed in all the junk i used to

eat.

If you honestly believe that the medical community is still discussing the
same things in 2003 that it was in 1996 then you're as mad as a box of
frogs and no more use

Patrick.

"BZ" wrote in message
...
It must be terrible to live such a paranoid life Ted. Why is is that

almost
the entire medical community is talking about HFCS? Are you afraid that
maybe all those twinkies and soda you eat and drink that got your fat

ass
Type 2 diabetes will disappear? I can't even recommend you get a life

Ted
since you are a waste of life. Good-luck to you sir.

"Ted Rosenberg" wrote in message
...
cc;d by email

This trolling scammers has just entered the NG's under a new name,
representing Momma Betty and the anti medicine scammers

look for a rash of similar posts soon

BZ wrote:

HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) is now considered to be a threat to

most
comsumers and especially diabetics.

http://www.thenutritionreporter.com/...e_dangers.html
http://www.menshealth.com/features/m...ocs/doc31.html


so I looked at the ingredients. get a load of this:

whole wheat flour
water
high fructose corn syrup
vital wheat gluten
yeast
2% or less of the following:
soybean oil
salt
honey
molasses
raisin juice concentrate
blah blah blah chemicals...

calories per slice - 110
calories from fat - 10
total fat - 1.5g
total carb - 20g
dietary fiber - 3g
protein - 4g

so now what do I do? keep eating it or am i kidding myself that

it's
healthy stuff?

dave

K'neH'a'Iw wrote:


Bay Area Dave wrote:


I'm now eating whole wheat bread.


I find lot of whole wheat bread is not much better that white

bread.
It
has just enough whole wheat flour to call it whole wheat, sometimes
along with sugar. I once got some by mistake which had molasses in

it.

I read the label carefully and look for 100% stone ground whole

wheat
flour.











  #9 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-10-2003, 03:14 PM
Fester
 
Posts: n/a
Default Half the Bread


"BZ" wrote in message
...
I'm sorry but where are you getting your information? The discussions on
HFCS are current, Google can provide you with links to substantiate that
fact. And yes, your diet is responsible for your Type 2 diabetes

Wrong, i'm T1.

.. You have
pushed your bodies ability to adjust its insulin to the amount crap you

put
in it that it simply gives up and a resistance is developed.


Wrong, i am lucky enough to have T1, and since the medical profession cannot
find a reason for me getting it i'm quite sure you can't either.

Type 2 diabetes
is preventable and unnecessary. I have to say this group is quite full of
the most narrow-minded people I have ever had the dis-pleasure of
associating with. I susbscribed to the group because I thought I would

find
intelligent conversations regarding diabetes, I am not a diabetic but my

son
is (Type 1). I enjoy seeking information and discussing nutrition and diet
related topics but I can see that doesn't happen here. Perhaps there are
others lurking that feel the same way, if so, please feel free to make
contact and a private mailing list could setup so we don't have listen to
the nonsense of the Ted Rosenwhatzits and the Julie Bovines (yes Julie I
have seen your photo - funny how you dispell medical professional opinions
about chemicals you are eating but promote Tarot and dream analysis. LOL).


Just for the record i'm neither overweight nor narrow minded. I can't
comment on T2 diabetes as i don't have it. Intelligent diet for a diabetic
is no different to the diet required for a normal healthy person because
that is what in essence we all are. Just be aware that what you see as
interesting discussion may well have been "done to death" by what these
"narrow minded people" would call a troll or a spammer

If you must approach a subject in the same manner as a troll or spammer
would then you can hardly moan when you get the same reception can you.

Rgds.

Patrick

"Fester" wrote in message
. ..
Correct me if i'm wrong, but there is as yet NO evidence that ones diet

can
lead to being diabetic. True it may be a contributing factor but it is

not
the sole cause. Soda and twinkies( whatever they are) will be around for

a
long time yet i'm sure.
As for your references, they're from articles published over 7 years

ago,
hardly breaking news is it? Most of us w ould have the common sense to

avoid
the following;
sucrose, fructose, lactose and glucose ..since most of them seem to be
sugar based or related in some way. That's just common sense, Fructose

and
high-fructose corn syrup foods or HFCS ( but you already knew that) be

they
natural sugar or otherwise will never be on my diet in any large

quantity
as
i have now withdrawn my death wish and packed in all the junk i used to

eat.

If you honestly believe that the medical community is still discussing

the
same things in 2003 that it was in 1996 then you're as mad as a box of
frogs and no more use

Patrick.

"BZ" wrote in message
...
It must be terrible to live such a paranoid life Ted. Why is is that

almost
the entire medical community is talking about HFCS? Are you afraid

that
maybe all those twinkies and soda you eat and drink that got your fat

ass
Type 2 diabetes will disappear? I can't even recommend you get a life

Ted
since you are a waste of life. Good-luck to you sir.

"Ted Rosenberg" wrote in message
...
cc;d by email

This trolling scammers has just entered the NG's under a new name,
representing Momma Betty and the anti medicine scammers

look for a rash of similar posts soon

BZ wrote:

HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) is now considered to be a threat

to
most
comsumers and especially diabetics.

http://www.thenutritionreporter.com/...e_dangers.html
http://www.menshealth.com/features/m...ocs/doc31.html


so I looked at the ingredients. get a load of this:

whole wheat flour
water
high fructose corn syrup
vital wheat gluten
yeast
2% or less of the following:
soybean oil
salt
honey
molasses
raisin juice concentrate
blah blah blah chemicals...

calories per slice - 110
calories from fat - 10
total fat - 1.5g
total carb - 20g
dietary fiber - 3g
protein - 4g

so now what do I do? keep eating it or am i kidding myself that

it's
healthy stuff?

dave

K'neH'a'Iw wrote:


Bay Area Dave wrote:


I'm now eating whole wheat bread.


I find lot of whole wheat bread is not much better that white

bread.
It
has just enough whole wheat flour to call it whole wheat,

sometimes
along with sugar. I once got some by mistake which had molasses

in
it.

I read the label carefully and look for 100% stone ground whole

wheat
flour.













  #10 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-10-2003, 03:32 PM
Ted Rosenberg
 
Posts: n/a
Default Half the Bread

cc'd by email
You have to look at it's other scamming crap


wrote:
On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 08:57:11 -0400, Ted Rosenberg
wrote:


cc;d by email

This trolling scammers has just entered the NG's under a new name,
representing Momma Betty and the anti medicine scammers

look for a rash of similar posts soon

BZ wrote:


HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) is now considered to be a threat to most
comsumers and especially diabetics.

http://www.thenutritionreporter.com/...e_dangers.html
http://www.menshealth.com/features/m...ocs/doc31.html



Ted

I had a look at both those sites and I must be missing something. They
sounded like reasonable articles discussing HFCS. Not a hint of a
mention of the A* word. What's the problem?
I know the poster googles up as "Just Me", a swimming pool builder
from Canada, but surely that's not a problem here (although, to an
Aussie, outdoor swimming pools in Canada sound as useful as a
snowplough in Cairns)?


Cheers Alan, T2, Oz
--
Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.




  #11 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-10-2003, 04:00 PM
BZ
 
Posts: n/a
Default Half the Bread


I'm sorry but where are you getting your information? The discussions on
HFCS are current, Google can provide you with links to substantiate that
fact. And yes, your diet is responsible for your Type 2 diabetes

Wrong, i'm T1.


I was referring to Type 2, as you can see from my quote above.


. You have
pushed your bodies ability to adjust its insulin to the amount crap you

put
in it that it simply gives up and a resistance is developed.


Wrong, i am lucky enough to have T1, and since the medical profession

cannot
find a reason for me getting it i'm quite sure you can't either.


You consider yourself "lucky" to have Type 1 diabetes? I wouldn't consider
yourself lucky at all. I have never professed that the medical community had
information regarding why people develope Type1 nor have I suggested I do
either.


Type 2 diabetes
is preventable and unnecessary. I have to say this group is quite full

of
the most narrow-minded people I have ever had the dis-pleasure of
associating with. I susbscribed to the group because I thought I would

find
intelligent conversations regarding diabetes, I am not a diabetic but my

son
is (Type 1). I enjoy seeking information and discussing nutrition and

diet
related topics but I can see that doesn't happen here. Perhaps there are
others lurking that feel the same way, if so, please feel free to make
contact and a private mailing list could setup so we don't have listen

to
the nonsense of the Ted Rosenwhatzits and the Julie Bovines (yes Julie I
have seen your photo - funny how you dispell medical professional

opinions
about chemicals you are eating but promote Tarot and dream analysis.

LOL).

Just for the record i'm neither overweight nor narrow minded. I can't
comment on T2 diabetes as i don't have it. Intelligent diet for a diabetic
is no different to the diet required for a normal healthy person because
that is what in essence we all are. Just be aware that what you see as
interesting discussion may well have been "done to death" by what these
"narrow minded people" would call a troll or a spammer


Since I was commenting on Type 2 and you are Type 1 then why have responded?
Please pay attention. Your correct about diet. When my son was diagnosed
with Type 1 diabetes almost 8 years ago now I was initially upset and angry.
I quickly realized though that it meant that our entire family would be
making changes to our lifestyle that would be ultimately more healthy. In
the past 8 years we have worked very closely with our endocrinologist and
dieticians to the point where we can make much better choices in the foods
we consume. The problem here is that when a person presents something for
discussion and the topics are current (HFCS) being dealt with by
professionals worldwide, why do the narrow-minded people here resort to name
calling and paranoid re-actions to facts that are not created by "trolls" or
"spammers"? I am not selling anything, what have I to gain by looking to
educate and be educated? Why does the discussion of ingesting chemicals
upset these people so much? As an example, and I don't use or have anything
to do with any company that does, lets take the debate over Stevia and
Aspartame. Should an intelligent person assume that a chemical produced for
profit (lots!) should be accepted over an herb that has been used ny
Peruvians for many centuries? Can I be called a "troll" or a "spammer" for
suggesting a discussion of this topic? These discussions may have already
taken place and been "done to death" as you suggest, but there are new
people coming into these groups daily and old topics will inherintly
re-surface as they do in ALL newsgroups. Using foul language and telling
people to f-off because they don't like your opinions is narrow-minded. Are
there not people here who have children that may want to get involved in
reasonable discussions about their condition or learn more about diabetes so
they can understand it more because a loved one is diabetic? I'm sorry but
the responses in this group lead me to believe that there are a few in this
group that are not capable of social interaction and have maybe spent far
too many years behind a computer screen to know how to behave in a real
group of people.


If you must approach a subject in the same manner as a troll or spammer
would then you can hardly moan when you get the same reception can you.


Something has changed I guess in the way people communicate. I thought
joining a conversation was called participating. So basically, if I don't
agree or have another perspective on a topic I can be considered a "troll"
or a "spammer". Insightful...



i have now withdrawn my death wish and packed in all the junk i used

to
eat.


I would bet that you are still making poor dietary choices. But of course if
I were to suggest discussing any of them I could expect to be stoned to
death.


  #12 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-10-2003, 04:05 PM
JHEM
 
Posts: n/a
Default Half the Bread

BZ wrote:
I'm sorry but where are you getting your information?


Obviously from better places than you!

The discussions
on HFCS are current, Google can provide you with links to
substantiate that fact.


Riiiiiiighhhtttt......... the fact that a bunch of TROLLS are spamming the
NGs with outdated HFCS info lends legitimacy to your argument. Do you have
any _recent_ cites from recognized medical jounals? I didn't think so.

Or do you simply (and simplistically!) believe that repitition alone makes
your statements true?

And yes, your diet is responsible for your
Type 2 diabetes. You have pushed your bodies ability to adjust its
insulin to the amount crap you put in it that it simply gives up and
a resistance is developed.


BULLSHIT!! Here you've quite clearly gone right over the edge. FWIW, my Dx
of type 2 is classified as Agent Orange induced. While I was overweight at
the time of Dx, I was _never_ obese and have always eaten a "healthy" diet,
which is borne out by my BP, cholesterol levels and general good health.

Gee, I wonder how you explain all of those morbidly obese people who _don't_
have diabetes? Or the thin ones who DO?

Type 2 diabetes is preventable and unnecessary.


That statement alone proves that you rode the _little_ bus to school. You
must be pulling these "facts" out of your ass, or do you have a legitimate
cite you'd care to share with us ignorant folk? Or is this simply another
iteration of the twinkie defense?

It's ignorant and unfeeling folks like you that make this illness more
difficult to live with than necessary.

I have to say this group is quite full of the most
narrow-minded people I have ever had the dis-pleasure of associating
with.


Still, it's better than having to put up with anal sphincters like you who
couldn't buy a clue if their life depended on it!

I susbscribed to the group because I thought I would find
intelligent conversations regarding diabetes


Which you hope to find by stating that "Type 2 diabetes is preventable and
unnecessary"??

I am not a diabetic but my son is (Type 1).


So, the mere fact that your SON is type 1 makes you an instant expert on
type 2? WOW!! That's simply AMAZING! How was this knowledge delivered? Black
helicopter? Or did a UFO transmit it directly to you? Time to wrap your head
in tinfoil to ensure that the knowledge isn't lost through leakage.

I enjoy seeking information and discussing
nutrition and diet related topics but I can see that doesn't happen
here.


Based on your posts, all you enjoy doing is disseminating half-truths,
ignorance and myths disguised as knowledge.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

Regards,

James the Elder



  #13 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-10-2003, 04:30 PM
Fester
 
Posts: n/a
Default Half the Bread


"BZ" wrote in message
...

I'm sorry but where are you getting your information? The discussions

on
HFCS are current, Google can provide you with links to substantiate

that
fact. And yes, your diet is responsible for your Type 2 diabetes

Wrong, i'm T1.


I was referring to Type 2, as you can see from my quote above.


When you phrase a statement as openly as that, one would assume when reading
a post that you're referring to me as you said "your diet is ... blah for
YOUR type 2 etc etc".


. You have
pushed your bodies ability to adjust its insulin to the amount crap

you
put
in it that it simply gives up and a resistance is developed.


Wrong, i am lucky enough to have T1, and since the medical profession

cannot
find a reason for me getting it i'm quite sure you can't either.


You consider yourself "lucky" to have Type 1 diabetes? I wouldn't consider
yourself lucky at all. I have never professed that the medical community

had
information regarding why people develope Type1 nor have I suggested I do
either.

I am lucky, i don't have to put up with all those infernal meds that t2's
are lumbered with

Type 2 diabetes
is preventable and unnecessary. I have to say this group is quite full

of
the most narrow-minded people I have ever had the dis-pleasure of
associating with. I susbscribed to the group because I thought I would

find
intelligent conversations regarding diabetes, I am not a diabetic but

my
son
is (Type 1). I enjoy seeking information and discussing nutrition and

diet
related topics but I can see that doesn't happen here. Perhaps there

are
others lurking that feel the same way, if so, please feel free to make
contact and a private mailing list could setup so we don't have listen

to
the nonsense of the Ted Rosenwhatzits and the Julie Bovines (yes Julie

I
have seen your photo - funny how you dispell medical professional

opinions
about chemicals you are eating but promote Tarot and dream analysis.

LOL).

Just for the record i'm neither overweight nor narrow minded. I can't
comment on T2 diabetes as i don't have it. Intelligent diet for a

diabetic
is no different to the diet required for a normal healthy person because
that is what in essence we all are. Just be aware that what you see as
interesting discussion may well have been "done to death" by what these
"narrow minded people" would call a troll or a spammer


Since I was commenting on Type 2 and you are Type 1 then why have

responded?
Please pay attention.

Of course i pay attention, you responded as if you implied that i was also
T2

Your correct about diet. When my son was diagnosed
with Type 1 diabetes almost 8 years ago now I was initially upset and

angry.
I quickly realized though that it meant that our entire family would be
making changes to our lifestyle that would be ultimately more healthy. In
the past 8 years we have worked very closely with our endocrinologist and
dieticians to the point where we can make much better choices in the foods
we consume. The problem here is that when a person presents something for
discussion and the topics are current (HFCS) being dealt with by
professionals worldwide, why do the narrow-minded people here resort to

name
calling and paranoid re-actions to facts that are not created by "trolls"

or
"spammers"? I am not selling anything, what have I to gain by looking to
educate and be educated? Why does the discussion of ingesting chemicals
upset these people so much? As an example, and I don't use or have

anything
to do with any company that does, lets take the debate over Stevia and
Aspartame. Should an intelligent person assume that a chemical produced

for
profit (lots!) should be accepted over an herb that has been used ny
Peruvians for many centuries? Can I be called a "troll" or a "spammer" for
suggesting a discussion of this topic? These discussions may have already
taken place and been "done to death" as you suggest, but there are new
people coming into these groups daily and old topics will inherintly
re-surface as they do in ALL newsgroups. Using foul language and telling
people to f-off because they don't like your opinions is narrow-minded.

Are
there not people here who have children that may want to get involved in
reasonable discussions about their condition or learn more about diabetes

so
they can understand it more because a loved one is diabetic? I'm sorry but
the responses in this group lead me to believe that there are a few in

this
group that are not capable of social interaction and have maybe spent far
too many years behind a computer screen to know how to behave in a real
group of people.


I actually agree with you, to be honest certain groups seem to be more
agressive in their approach to things like this, personally i try and keep
an open mind in such things but i tend to steer clear of foods that are
"designed" for diabetics as for me at least they hold no appeal. I prefer to
make my diet up of foods that are readily availble over the counter and
taken in moderation and sensibly are no better or worse for me than for
anyone else.



If you must approach a subject in the same manner as a troll or spammer
would then you can hardly moan when you get the same reception can you.


Something has changed I guess in the way people communicate. I thought
joining a conversation was called participating. So basically, if I don't
agree or have another perspective on a topic I can be considered a "troll"
or a "spammer". Insightful...

I meant this in the context of how some people will recieve you, for my own
part i've no problem with what you post. usenet is a good source of info and
the logical conclusion of that is that anything deemed relevant by the
poster is fit for discussion


i have now withdrawn my death wish and packed in all the junk i used

to
eat.


I would bet that you are still making poor dietary choices. But of course

if
I were to suggest discussing any of them I could expect to be stoned to
death.


I'm actually making some very major dietary changes based largely on what i
read on here and also based on my own testing to see what works for me. I
don't think everyone in all of the groups you're posting to would stone you
to death, verbally or otherwise. The only way one can make a decision based
on choice is if one has access to as much information as possible.

Like you i'm finding that certain groups are better to post in and start
discussions on this than certain others and i also suspect that I, like you
will be restricting my posting to that group and simply read the rest for
information purposes only.


  #14 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-10-2003, 04:39 PM
BZ
 
Posts: n/a
Default Half the Bread



Gee, I wonder how you explain all of those morbidly obese people who

_don't_
have diabetes? Or the thin ones who DO?


Type 2 diabetes is approaching epidemic levels. Fact. We may have very soon,
the first generation of children who will not out live their parents due to
the extremely critical rise in obesity and Type 2 diabetes. Fact.



Type 2 diabetes is preventable and unnecessary.


That statement alone proves that you rode the _little_ bus to school. You
must be pulling these "facts" out of your ass, or do you have a legitimate
cite you'd care to share with us ignorant folk? Or is this simply another
iteration of the twinkie defense?


Google: type 2 diabetes preventable

It's ignorant and unfeeling folks like you that make this illness more
difficult to live with than necessary.


I have a Type 1 diabetic son. Please don't comment on my feelings towards
others with this disease. I have taken nutrition and diet very seriously
since my son was diagnosed over 8 years ago. If you're not interested in
intelligent discussion, just don't respond.

I have to say this group is quite full of the most
narrow-minded people I have ever had the dis-pleasure of associating
with.


Still, it's better than having to put up with anal sphincters like you who
couldn't buy a clue if their life depended on it!


Intelligent repsonse. Congratulations.

I susbscribed to the group because I thought I would find
intelligent conversations regarding diabetes


Which you hope to find by stating that "Type 2 diabetes is preventable and
unnecessary"??


Are you unable to have a rationale discussion regarding that topic. I can
see that you can't by your responses so far.

I am not a diabetic but my son is (Type 1).


So, the mere fact that your SON is type 1 makes you an instant expert on
type 2? WOW!! That's simply AMAZING! How was this knowledge delivered?

Black
helicopter? Or did a UFO transmit it directly to you? Time to wrap your

head
in tinfoil to ensure that the knowledge isn't lost through leakage.


I would hardly call 8 years "instant". How old are you anyways? Do you have
children (I hope not)? Until you have a child with a disease that could
shorten and affect his/her life, please keep the insensitive comments to
yourself. You're showing your intelligence again.

I enjoy seeking information and discussing
nutrition and diet related topics but I can see that doesn't happen
here.


Based on your posts, all you enjoy doing is disseminating half-truths,
ignorance and myths disguised as knowledge.


Facts please.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!


You're American right?

Regards,

James the Elder





  #15 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-10-2003, 04:52 PM
BZ
 
Posts: n/a
Default Half the Bread

I actually agree with you, to be honest certain groups seem to be more
agressive in their approach to things like this, personally i try and keep
an open mind in such things but i tend to steer clear of foods that are
"designed" for diabetics as for me at least they hold no appeal. I prefer

to
make my diet up of foods that are readily availble over the counter and
taken in moderation and sensibly are no better or worse for me than for
anyone else.


If you must approach a subject in the same manner as a troll or

spammer
would then you can hardly moan when you get the same reception can

you.

Something has changed I guess in the way people communicate. I thought
joining a conversation was called participating. So basically, if I

don't
agree or have another perspective on a topic I can be considered a

"troll"
or a "spammer". Insightful...

I meant this in the context of how some people will recieve you, for my

own
part i've no problem with what you post. usenet is a good source of info

and
the logical conclusion of that is that anything deemed relevant by the
poster is fit for discussion


You would think. The reaction to simply responding to another persons
request for information has sparked this whole insame thread. Usenet used to
be a good source for info (maybe 5 to 10 years ago) but more and more it is
just a place for ant-socials who can't fit in in the real world and need to
hide behind their computer screens. Mailing lists are much more enjoyable as
you typically have only the people who are truly interested in discussion
with respect for others as a priority and never make anyone feel as though
they don't belong.


Like you i'm finding that certain groups are better to post in and start
discussions on this than certain others and i also suspect that I, like

you
will be restricting my posting to that group and simply read the rest for
information purposes only.


I look forward to any and all intelligent conversation we may have in the
future.





Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacing Heavy Cream with Half and Half Steve Freides[_2_] General Cooking 23 20-08-2012 07:34 PM
Recipe calls for whole milk or half-n-half zxcvbob General Cooking 6 07-02-2010 06:19 PM
Half-Time Bread Bowl Tim Recipes 0 15-06-2005 10:32 AM
Fudge recipe: cream vs. half-and-half Scott General Cooking 5 14-05-2005 01:55 AM
Freezing heavy cream and half-and-half Scott General Cooking 12 16-07-2004 09:09 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017