FoodBanter.com

-   -   Half the Bread (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/13744-re-half-bread.html)

BZ 08-10-2003 03:14 AM

Half the Bread

HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) is now considered to be a threat to most
comsumers and especially diabetics.

http://www.thenutritionreporter.com/...e_dangers.html
http://www.menshealth.com/features/m...ocs/doc31.html

Ted Rosenberg 08-10-2003 01:57 PM

Half the Bread

cc;d by email

This trolling scammers has just entered the NG's under a new name,
representing Momma Betty and the anti medicine scammers

look for a rash of similar posts soon

BZ 08-10-2003 02:13 PM

Half the Bread

It must be terrible to live such a paranoid life Ted. Why is is that almost
the entire medical community is talking about HFCS? Are you afraid that
maybe all those twinkies and soda you eat and drink that got your fat ass
Type 2 diabetes will disappear? I can't even recommend you get a life Ted
since you are a waste of life. Good-luck to you sir.

Julie Bove 08-10-2003 02:39 PM

Half the Bread

"Ted Rosenberg" > wrote in message
> cc;d by email
>
> This trolling scammers has just entered the NG's under a new name,
> representing Momma Betty and the anti medicine scammers
>
> look for a rash of similar posts soon

Yep. He has hit the food group already. *sigh*

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Julie Bove 08-10-2003 02:40 PM

Half the Bread

"BZ" > wrote in message
> It must be terrible to live such a paranoid life Ted. Why is is that

almost
> the entire medical community is talking about HFCS? Are you afraid that
> maybe all those twinkies and soda you eat and drink that got your fat ass
> Type 2 diabetes will disappear? I can't even recommend you get a life Ted
> since you are a waste of life. Good-luck to you sir.

Go away!

Fester 08-10-2003 02:45 PM

Half the Bread

Correct me if i'm wrong, but there is as yet NO evidence that ones diet can
lead to being diabetic. True it may be a contributing factor but it is not
the sole cause. Soda and twinkies( whatever they are) will be around for a
long time yet i'm sure.
As for your references, they're from articles published over 7 years ago,
hardly breaking news is it? Most of us w ould have the common sense to avoid
the following;
sucrose, fructose, lactose and glucose ..since most of them seem to be
sugar based or related in some way. That's just common sense, Fructose and
high-fructose corn syrup foods or HFCS ( but you already knew that) be they
natural sugar or otherwise will never be on my diet in any large quantity as
i have now withdrawn my death wish and packed in all the junk i used to eat.

If you honestly believe that the medical community is still discussing the
same things in 2003 that it was in 1996 then you're as mad as a box of
frogs and no more use :)

Patrick.

[email protected] 08-10-2003 02:52 PM

Half the Bread

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 08:57:11 -0400, Ted Rosenberg
> wrote:

>cc;d by email
>
>This trolling scammers has just entered the NG's under a new name,
>representing Momma Betty and the anti medicine scammers
>
>look for a rash of similar posts soon
>
>BZ wrote:
>
>> HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) is now considered to be a threat to most
>> comsumers and especially diabetics.
>>
>> http://www.thenutritionreporter.com/...e_dangers.html
>> http://www.menshealth.com/features/m...ocs/doc31.html

Ted

I had a look at both those sites and I must be missing something. They
sounded like reasonable articles discussing HFCS. Not a hint of a
mention of the A* word. What's the problem?
I know the poster googles up as "Just Me", a swimming pool builder
from Canada, but surely that's not a problem here (although, to an
Aussie, outdoor swimming pools in Canada sound as useful as a
snowplough in Cairns)?

Cheers Alan, T2, Oz

BZ 08-10-2003 03:00 PM

Half the Bread

I'm sorry but where are you getting your information? The discussions on
HFCS are current, Google can provide you with links to substantiate that
fact. And yes, your diet is responsible for your Type 2 diabetes. You have
pushed your bodies ability to adjust its insulin to the amount crap you put
in it that it simply gives up and a resistance is developed. Type 2 diabetes
is preventable and unnecessary. I have to say this group is quite full of
the most narrow-minded people I have ever had the dis-pleasure of
associating with. I susbscribed to the group because I thought I would find
intelligent conversations regarding diabetes, I am not a diabetic but my son
is (Type 1). I enjoy seeking information and discussing nutrition and diet
related topics but I can see that doesn't happen here. Perhaps there are
others lurking that feel the same way, if so, please feel free to make
contact and a private mailing list could setup so we don't have listen to
the nonsense of the Ted Rosenwhatzits and the Julie Bovines (yes Julie I
have seen your photo - funny how you dispell medical professional opinions
about chemicals you are eating but promote Tarot and dream analysis. LOL).
. ..

Fester 08-10-2003 03:14 PM

Half the Bread

"BZ" > wrote in message
> I'm sorry but where are you getting your information? The discussions on
> HFCS are current, Google can provide you with links to substantiate that
> fact. And yes, your diet is responsible for your Type 2 diabetes

Wrong, i'm T1.

.. You have
> pushed your bodies ability to adjust its insulin to the amount crap you

put
> in it that it simply gives up and a resistance is developed.

Wrong, i am lucky enough to have T1, and since the medical profession cannot
find a reason for me getting it i'm quite sure you can't either.

Type 2 diabetes
> is preventable and unnecessary. I have to say this group is quite full of
> the most narrow-minded people I have ever had the dis-pleasure of
> associating with. I susbscribed to the group because I thought I would

find
> intelligent conversations regarding diabetes, I am not a diabetic but my

son
> is (Type 1). I enjoy seeking information and discussing nutrition and diet
> related topics but I can see that doesn't happen here. Perhaps there are
> others lurking that feel the same way, if so, please feel free to make
> contact and a private mailing list could setup so we don't have listen to
> the nonsense of the Ted Rosenwhatzits and the Julie Bovines (yes Julie I
> have seen your photo - funny how you dispell medical professional opinions
> about chemicals you are eating but promote Tarot and dream analysis. LOL).

Just for the record i'm neither overweight nor narrow minded. I can't
comment on T2 diabetes as i don't have it. Intelligent diet for a diabetic
is no different to the diet required for a normal healthy person because
that is what in essence we all are. Just be aware that what you see as
interesting discussion may well have been "done to death" by what these
"narrow minded people" would call a troll or a spammer ;)

If you must approach a subject in the same manner as a troll or spammer
would then you can hardly moan when you get the same reception can you.

Rgds.

Patrick

Ted Rosenberg 08-10-2003 03:32 PM

Half the Bread

cc'd by email
You have to look at it's other scamming crap

BZ 08-10-2003 04:00 PM

Half the Bread

> > I'm sorry but where are you getting your information? The discussions on
> > HFCS are current, Google can provide you with links to substantiate that
> > fact. And yes, your diet is responsible for your Type 2 diabetes

> Wrong, i'm T1.

I was referring to Type 2, as you can see from my quote above.

> . You have
> > pushed your bodies ability to adjust its insulin to the amount crap you

> put
> > in it that it simply gives up and a resistance is developed.

> Wrong, i am lucky enough to have T1, and since the medical profession

cannot
> find a reason for me getting it i'm quite sure you can't either.

You consider yourself "lucky" to have Type 1 diabetes? I wouldn't consider
yourself lucky at all. I have never professed that the medical community had
information regarding why people develope Type1 nor have I suggested I do
either.

> Type 2 diabetes
> > is preventable and unnecessary. I have to say this group is quite full

of
> > the most narrow-minded people I have ever had the dis-pleasure of
> > associating with. I susbscribed to the group because I thought I would

> find
> > intelligent conversations regarding diabetes, I am not a diabetic but my

> son
> > is (Type 1). I enjoy seeking information and discussing nutrition and

diet
> > related topics but I can see that doesn't happen here. Perhaps there are
> > others lurking that feel the same way, if so, please feel free to make
> > contact and a private mailing list could setup so we don't have listen

> > the nonsense of the Ted Rosenwhatzits and the Julie Bovines (yes Julie I
> > have seen your photo - funny how you dispell medical professional

opinions
> > about chemicals you are eating but promote Tarot and dream analysis.

LOL).

> Just for the record i'm neither overweight nor narrow minded. I can't
> comment on T2 diabetes as i don't have it. Intelligent diet for a diabetic
> is no different to the diet required for a normal healthy person because
> that is what in essence we all are. Just be aware that what you see as
> interesting discussion may well have been "done to death" by what these
> "narrow minded people" would call a troll or a spammer ;)

Since I was commenting on Type 2 and you are Type 1 then why have responded?
Please pay attention. Your correct about diet. When my son was diagnosed
with Type 1 diabetes almost 8 years ago now I was initially upset and angry.
I quickly realized though that it meant that our entire family would be
making changes to our lifestyle that would be ultimately more healthy. In
the past 8 years we have worked very closely with our endocrinologist and
dieticians to the point where we can make much better choices in the foods
we consume. The problem here is that when a person presents something for
discussion and the topics are current (HFCS) being dealt with by
professionals worldwide, why do the narrow-minded people here resort to name
calling and paranoid re-actions to facts that are not created by "trolls" or
"spammers"? I am not selling anything, what have I to gain by looking to
educate and be educated? Why does the discussion of ingesting chemicals
upset these people so much? As an example, and I don't use or have anything
to do with any company that does, lets take the debate over Stevia and
Aspartame. Should an intelligent person assume that a chemical produced for
profit (lots!) should be accepted over an herb that has been used ny
Peruvians for many centuries? Can I be called a "troll" or a "spammer" for
suggesting a discussion of this topic? These discussions may have already
taken place and been "done to death" as you suggest, but there are new
people coming into these groups daily and old topics will inherintly
re-surface as they do in ALL newsgroups. Using foul language and telling
people to f-off because they don't like your opinions is narrow-minded. Are
there not people here who have children that may want to get involved in
reasonable discussions about their condition or learn more about diabetes so
they can understand it more because a loved one is diabetic? I'm sorry but
the responses in this group lead me to believe that there are a few in this
group that are not capable of social interaction and have maybe spent far
too many years behind a computer screen to know how to behave in a real
group of people.

> If you must approach a subject in the same manner as a troll or spammer
> would then you can hardly moan when you get the same reception can you.

Something has changed I guess in the way people communicate. I thought
joining a conversation was called participating. So basically, if I don't
agree or have another perspective on a topic I can be considered a "troll"
or a "spammer". Insightful...

> > > i have now withdrawn my death wish and packed in all the junk i used

> > eat.

I would bet that you are still making poor dietary choices. But of course if
I were to suggest discussing any of them I could expect to be stoned to
death.

JHEM 08-10-2003 04:05 PM

Half the Bread

BZ > wrote:
> I'm sorry but where are you getting your information?

Obviously from better places than you!

> The discussions
> on HFCS are current, Google can provide you with links to
> substantiate that fact.

Riiiiiiighhhtttt......... the fact that a bunch of TROLLS are spamming the
NGs with outdated HFCS info lends legitimacy to your argument. Do you have
any _recent_ cites from recognized medical jounals? I didn't think so.

Or do you simply (and simplistically!) believe that repitition alone makes
your statements true?

> And yes, your diet is responsible for your
> Type 2 diabetes. You have pushed your bodies ability to adjust its
> insulin to the amount crap you put in it that it simply gives up and
> a resistance is developed.

BULLSHIT!! Here you've quite clearly gone right over the edge. FWIW, my Dx
of type 2 is classified as Agent Orange induced. While I was overweight at
the time of Dx, I was _never_ obese and have always eaten a "healthy" diet,
which is borne out by my BP, cholesterol levels and general good health.

Gee, I wonder how you explain all of those morbidly obese people who _don't_
have diabetes? Or the thin ones who DO?

> Type 2 diabetes is preventable and unnecessary.

That statement alone proves that you rode the _little_ bus to school. You
must be pulling these "facts" out of your ass, or do you have a legitimate
cite you'd care to share with us ignorant folk? Or is this simply another
iteration of the twinkie defense?

It's ignorant and unfeeling folks like you that make this illness more
difficult to live with than necessary.

> I have to say this group is quite full of the most
> narrow-minded people I have ever had the dis-pleasure of associating
> with.

Still, it's better than having to put up with anal sphincters like you who
couldn't buy a clue if their life depended on it!

> I susbscribed to the group because I thought I would find
> intelligent conversations regarding diabetes

Which you hope to find by stating that "Type 2 diabetes is preventable and
unnecessary"??

> I am not a diabetic but my son is (Type 1).

So, the mere fact that your SON is type 1 makes you an instant expert on
type 2? WOW!! That's simply AMAZING! How was this knowledge delivered? Black
helicopter? Or did a UFO transmit it directly to you? Time to wrap your head
in tinfoil to ensure that the knowledge isn't lost through leakage.

> I enjoy seeking information and discussing
> nutrition and diet related topics but I can see that doesn't happen
> here.

Based on your posts, all you enjoy doing is disseminating half-truths,
ignorance and myths disguised as knowledge.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

Regards,

James the Elder

Fester 08-10-2003 04:30 PM

Half the Bread

"BZ" > wrote in message

> > > I'm sorry but where are you getting your information? The discussions

on
> > > HFCS are current, Google can provide you with links to substantiate

that
> > > fact. And yes, your diet is responsible for your Type 2 diabetes

> > Wrong, i'm T1.

> I was referring to Type 2, as you can see from my quote above.

When you phrase a statement as openly as that, one would assume when reading
a post that you're referring to me as you said "your diet is ... blah for
YOUR type 2 etc etc".

> > . You have
> > > pushed your bodies ability to adjust its insulin to the amount crap

you
> > put
> > > in it that it simply gives up and a resistance is developed.

> > Wrong, i am lucky enough to have T1, and since the medical profession

> cannot
> > find a reason for me getting it i'm quite sure you can't either.

> You consider yourself "lucky" to have Type 1 diabetes? I wouldn't consider
> yourself lucky at all. I have never professed that the medical community

had
> information regarding why people develope Type1 nor have I suggested I do
> either.

I am lucky, i don't have to put up with all those infernal meds that t2's
are lumbered with ;)

> > Type 2 diabetes
> > > is preventable and unnecessary. I have to say this group is quite full

> of
> > > the most narrow-minded people I have ever had the dis-pleasure of
> > > associating with. I susbscribed to the group because I thought I would

> > find
> > > intelligent conversations regarding diabetes, I am not a diabetic but

my
> > son
> > > is (Type 1). I enjoy seeking information and discussing nutrition and

> diet
> > > related topics but I can see that doesn't happen here. Perhaps there

are
> > > others lurking that feel the same way, if so, please feel free to make
> > > contact and a private mailing list could setup so we don't have listen

> > > the nonsense of the Ted Rosenwhatzits and the Julie Bovines (yes Julie

> > > have seen your photo - funny how you dispell medical professional

> opinions
> > > about chemicals you are eating but promote Tarot and dream analysis.

> LOL).
> >
> > Just for the record i'm neither overweight nor narrow minded. I can't
> > comment on T2 diabetes as i don't have it. Intelligent diet for a

diabetic
> > is no different to the diet required for a normal healthy person because
> > that is what in essence we all are. Just be aware that what you see as
> > interesting discussion may well have been "done to death" by what these
> > "narrow minded people" would call a troll or a spammer ;)

> Since I was commenting on Type 2 and you are Type 1 then why have

responded?
> Please pay attention.

Of course i pay attention, you responded as if you implied that i was also
T2 ;)

Your correct about diet. When my son was diagnosed
> with Type 1 diabetes almost 8 years ago now I was initially upset and

angry.
> I quickly realized though that it meant that our entire family would be
> making changes to our lifestyle that would be ultimately more healthy. In
> the past 8 years we have worked very closely with our endocrinologist and
> dieticians to the point where we can make much better choices in the foods
> we consume. The problem here is that when a person presents something for
> discussion and the topics are current (HFCS) being dealt with by
> professionals worldwide, why do the narrow-minded people here resort to

name
> calling and paranoid re-actions to facts that are not created by "trolls"

or
> "spammers"? I am not selling anything, what have I to gain by looking to
> educate and be educated? Why does the discussion of ingesting chemicals
> upset these people so much? As an example, and I don't use or have

anything
> to do with any company that does, lets take the debate over Stevia and
> Aspartame. Should an intelligent person assume that a chemical produced

for
> profit (lots!) should be accepted over an herb that has been used ny
> Peruvians for many centuries? Can I be called a "troll" or a "spammer" for
> suggesting a discussion of this topic? These discussions may have already
> taken place and been "done to death" as you suggest, but there are new
> people coming into these groups daily and old topics will inherintly
> re-surface as they do in ALL newsgroups. Using foul language and telling
> people to f-off because they don't like your opinions is narrow-minded.

Are
> there not people here who have children that may want to get involved in
> reasonable discussions about their condition or learn more about diabetes

so
> they can understand it more because a loved one is diabetic? I'm sorry but
> the responses in this group lead me to believe that there are a few in

this
> group that are not capable of social interaction and have maybe spent far
> too many years behind a computer screen to know how to behave in a real
> group of people.

I actually agree with you, to be honest certain groups seem to be more
agressive in their approach to things like this, personally i try and keep
an open mind in such things but i tend to steer clear of foods that are
"designed" for diabetics as for me at least they hold no appeal. I prefer to
make my diet up of foods that are readily availble over the counter and
taken in moderation and sensibly are no better or worse for me than for
anyone else.

> > If you must approach a subject in the same manner as a troll or spammer
> > would then you can hardly moan when you get the same reception can you.

> Something has changed I guess in the way people communicate. I thought
> joining a conversation was called participating. So basically, if I don't
> agree or have another perspective on a topic I can be considered a "troll"
> or a "spammer". Insightful...

I meant this in the context of how some people will recieve you, for my own
part i've no problem with what you post. usenet is a good source of info and
the logical conclusion of that is that anything deemed relevant by the
poster is fit for discussion:)

> > > eat.

> I would bet that you are still making poor dietary choices. But of course

if
> I were to suggest discussing any of them I could expect to be stoned to
> death.

I'm actually making some very major dietary changes based largely on what i
read on here and also based on my own testing to see what works for me. I
don't think everyone in all of the groups you're posting to would stone you
to death, verbally or otherwise. The only way one can make a decision based
on choice is if one has access to as much information as possible.

Like you i'm finding that certain groups are better to post in and start
discussions on this than certain others and i also suspect that I, like you
will be restricting my posting to that group and simply read the rest for
information purposes only.

BZ 08-10-2003 04:39 PM

Half the Bread

> Gee, I wonder how you explain all of those morbidly obese people who

_don't_
> have diabetes? Or the thin ones who DO?

Type 2 diabetes is approaching epidemic levels. Fact. We may have very soon,
the first generation of children who will not out live their parents due to
the extremely critical rise in obesity and Type 2 diabetes. Fact.

> > Type 2 diabetes is preventable and unnecessary.

> That statement alone proves that you rode the _little_ bus to school. You
> must be pulling these "facts" out of your ass, or do you have a legitimate
> cite you'd care to share with us ignorant folk? Or is this simply another
> iteration of the twinkie defense?

Google: type 2 diabetes preventable

> It's ignorant and unfeeling folks like you that make this illness more
> difficult to live with than necessary.

I have a Type 1 diabetic son. Please don't comment on my feelings towards
others with this disease. I have taken nutrition and diet very seriously
since my son was diagnosed over 8 years ago. If you're not interested in
intelligent discussion, just don't respond.

> > I have to say this group is quite full of the most
> > narrow-minded people I have ever had the dis-pleasure of associating
> > with.

> Still, it's better than having to put up with anal sphincters like you who
> couldn't buy a clue if their life depended on it!

Intelligent repsonse. Congratulations.

> > I susbscribed to the group because I thought I would find
> > intelligent conversations regarding diabetes

> Which you hope to find by stating that "Type 2 diabetes is preventable and
> unnecessary"??

Are you unable to have a rationale discussion regarding that topic. I can
see that you can't by your responses so far.

> > I am not a diabetic but my son is (Type 1).

> So, the mere fact that your SON is type 1 makes you an instant expert on
> type 2? WOW!! That's simply AMAZING! How was this knowledge delivered?

Black
> helicopter? Or did a UFO transmit it directly to you? Time to wrap your

head
> in tinfoil to ensure that the knowledge isn't lost through leakage.

I would hardly call 8 years "instant". How old are you anyways? Do you have
children (I hope not)? Until you have a child with a disease that could
shorten and affect his/her life, please keep the insensitive comments to
yourself. You're showing your intelligence again.

> > I enjoy seeking information and discussing
> > nutrition and diet related topics but I can see that doesn't happen
> > here.

> Based on your posts, all you enjoy doing is disseminating half-truths,
> ignorance and myths disguised as knowledge.

Facts please.

> Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

You're American right?

BZ 08-10-2003 04:52 PM

Half the Bread

> I actually agree with you, to be honest certain groups seem to be more
> agressive in their approach to things like this, personally i try and keep
> an open mind in such things but i tend to steer clear of foods that are
> "designed" for diabetics as for me at least they hold no appeal. I prefer

> make my diet up of foods that are readily availble over the counter and
> taken in moderation and sensibly are no better or worse for me than for
> anyone else.
> >

> > > If you must approach a subject in the same manner as a troll or

spammer
> > > would then you can hardly moan when you get the same reception can

you.

> > Something has changed I guess in the way people communicate. I thought
> > joining a conversation was called participating. So basically, if I

don't
> > agree or have another perspective on a topic I can be considered a

"troll"
> > or a "spammer". Insightful...
> >

> I meant this in the context of how some people will recieve you, for my

own
> part i've no problem with what you post. usenet is a good source of info

and
> the logical conclusion of that is that anything deemed relevant by the
> poster is fit for discussion:)

You would think. The reaction to simply responding to another persons
request for information has sparked this whole insame thread. Usenet used to
be a good source for info (maybe 5 to 10 years ago) but more and more it is
just a place for ant-socials who can't fit in in the real world and need to
hide behind their computer screens. Mailing lists are much more enjoyable as
you typically have only the people who are truly interested in discussion
with respect for others as a priority and never make anyone feel as though
they don't belong.

> Like you i'm finding that certain groups are better to post in and start
> discussions on this than certain others and i also suspect that I, like

you
> will be restricting my posting to that group and simply read the rest for
> information purposes only.

I look forward to any and all intelligent conversation we may have in the
future.

JHEM 08-10-2003 06:34 PM

Half the Bread

BZ > wrote:

> Type 2 diabetes is approaching epidemic levels. Fact. We may have
> very soon, the first generation of children who will not out live
> their parents due to the extremely critical rise in obesity and Type
> 2 diabetes. Fact.

FACT. There is no proven link that obesity causes DM. FACT.

N.B. A generational loss would mean that ALL members of a generation are
lost.

> Google: type 2 diabetes preventable

And find WHAT? Kindly PROVE your allegation that all of us Type 2s DESERVE
our illness as we brought it on ourselves!

> I have a Type 1 diabetic son. Please don't comment on my feelings
> towards others with this disease. I have taken nutrition and diet
> very seriously since my son was diagnosed over 8 years ago. If you're
> not interested in intelligent discussion, just don't respond.

How you view your son has NOTHING to do with the claptrap you've parroted
that "Type 2 diabetes is preventable and unnecessary". Even worse was your
statement "And yes, your diet is responsible for your Type 2 diabetes. You
have pushed your bodies ability to adjust its insulin to the amount crap you
put in it that it simply gives up and a resistance is developed".

To repeat, kindly tell me HOW my Type 2 DM, which is the result of my
exposure to a gene altering chemical, was preventable by me?

I'll add indefensible to the characterization of your views and statements
as being ignorant and unfeeling.

> Are you unable to have a rationale discussion regarding that topic. I
> can see that you can't by your responses so far.

When you post a rational response, I'll reply in kind. As long as you
continue to book us Type 2s a guilt trip for having caused our illness
through inactivity or poor diet I'll continue to heap abuse on you. Just so
there's no confusion.

> I would hardly call 8 years "instant". How old are you anyways? Do
> you have children (I hope not)? Until you have a child with a disease
> that could shorten and affect his/her life, please keep the
> insensitive comments to yourself. You're showing your intelligence
> again.

And once again, what the hell does your son's Type 1 Dx have to do with your
castigating Type 2s for having brought their illness on themselves? Perhaps
you need to learn something about Type 2 DM before making such a cruel
statement.

How would you feel were someone to suggest that your son's Type 1 DM was
just nature's way of weeding out the weaklings and he should be allowed to
die to strengthen the gene pool? Pretty cruel, right? Almost as cruel as
your statement.

Type 1 and Type 2 DM are two DIFFERENT diseases with differing treatments,
something you apparently don't know.

As to children, I have three adult children who are all presently healthy,
thanks for asking. That wasn't always the case though, so don't attempt to
wrap yourself in a "holier than thou" attitude.

>> Based on your posts, all you enjoy doing is disseminating
>> half-truths, ignorance and myths disguised as knowledge.

> Facts please.

Your post is sufficient unto itself. Q.E.D.

>> Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

> You're American right?

Given your record of treatment of your native peoples, or even your own
people in the Outports up there in the Great White North, that's NOT a can
of worms you want to open.

Regards,

James the Elder

Mack 08-10-2003 06:59 PM

Half the Bread

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 09:13:45 -0400, "BZ" > wrote:

>It must be terrible to live such a paranoid life Ted. Why is is that almost
>the entire medical community is talking about HFCS? Are you afraid that
>maybe all those twinkies and soda you eat and drink that got your fat ass
>Type 2 diabetes will disappear? I can't even recommend you get a life Ted
>since you are a waste of life. Good-luck to you sir.

spoken like a true mad betty troll.

Mack
Type 1 since 1975
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

In tribute to the United States of America and the State
of Israel, two bastions of strength in a world filled with strife and
terrorism.

Mack 08-10-2003 07:09 PM

Half the Bread

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 10:00:15 -0400, "BZ" > wrote:

>I'm sorry but where are you getting your information? The discussions on
>HFCS are current, Google can provide you with links to substantiate that
>fact. And yes, your diet is responsible for your Type 2 diabetes. You have
>pushed your bodies ability to adjust its insulin to the amount crap you put
>in it that it simply gives up and a resistance is developed. Type 2 diabetes
>is preventable and unnecessary. I have to say this group is quite full of
>the most narrow-minded people I have ever had the dis-pleasure of
>associating with. I susbscribed to the group because I thought I would find
>intelligent conversations regarding diabetes, I am not a diabetic but my son
>is (Type 1). I enjoy seeking information and discussing nutrition and diet
>related topics but I can see that doesn't happen here. Perhaps there are
>others lurking that feel the same way, if so, please feel free to make
>contact and a private mailing list could setup so we don't have listen to
>the nonsense of the Ted Rosenwhatzits and the Julie Bovines (yes Julie I
>have seen your photo - funny how you dispell medical professional opinions
>about chemicals you are eating but promote Tarot and dream analysis. LOL).

if you are telling the truth about your son being type 1, then it is
understandable that you do not have any facts on type 2 diabetes.
it's also intersting to note that you use the "bovine" bait that
another known troll has been using for quite some time. your

if you want credibility stick to type 1 discussions that you should
know at least something about if you were not in fact lying about your
son having type 1.

and which newsgroup did you mean to sub too? you crossposted this to 4
separate groups.

Julie Bove 08-10-2003 07:14 PM

Half the Bread

"BZ" > wrote in message
> I'm sorry but where are you getting your information? The discussions on
> HFCS are current, Google can provide you with links to substantiate that
> fact.

HFCS is being blamed for a lot of things. And I personally try to avoid it.
But I can't say that any of the things it is being blamed for can be proven.

>And yes, your diet is responsible for your Type 2 diabetes. You have
> pushed your bodies ability to adjust its insulin to the amount crap you

put
> in it that it simply gives up and a resistance is developed.

I beg to differ. I ate a very healthy, vegetarian diet prior to diabetes.

>Type 2 diabetes
> is preventable and unnecessary. I have to say this group is quite full of
> the most narrow-minded people I have ever had the dis-pleasure of
> associating with. I susbscribed to the group because I thought I would

find
> intelligent conversations regarding diabetes, I am not a diabetic but my

son
> is (Type 1). I enjoy seeking information and discussing nutrition and diet
> related topics but I can see that doesn't happen here. Perhaps there are
> others lurking that feel the same way, if so, please feel free to make
> contact and a private mailing list could setup so we don't have listen to
> the nonsense of the Ted Rosenwhatzits and the Julie Bovines (yes Julie I
> have seen your photo - funny how you dispell medical professional opinions
> about chemicals you are eating but promote Tarot and dream analysis. LOL).

What do the Tarot and dream analysis have to do with chemicals? Nothing!
And had I bothered to read through your entire reply before I posted, I
might well have plonked you with no reply. And I will plonk you if you
continue to post as you have been doing.

Julie Bove 08-10-2003 07:19 PM

Half the Bread

> wrote in message

> >> HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) is now considered to be a threat to

most
> >> comsumers and especially diabetics.

<snip>

> Ted
>
> I had a look at both those sites and I must be missing something. They
> sounded like reasonable articles discussing HFCS. Not a hint of a
> mention of the A* word. What's the problem?
> I know the poster googles up as "Just Me", a swimming pool builder
> from Canada, but surely that's not a problem here (although, to an
> Aussie, outdoor swimming pools in Canada sound as useful as a
> snowplough in Cairns)?

BZ has posted all over the diabetes food NG about the *A* word. So far, I
think Ted and I are the only ones who have seen it. That's why BZ is
attacking us.

Ted Rosenberg 08-10-2003 09:27 PM

Half the Bread

Not only a ****ing troll, but incredibly stupit

If you wish to beleive in fairy tales instead of facts
take your crap to alt.folklore and go away from here

You were told bbefore that cretins like you, who are dangerous to
diaberics, are not welcome

Peanutjake 08-10-2003 11:55 PM

Half the Bread

T2 is not caused by diet.

It is caused by Virus infected Cockroaches.

Trust me!!

Or someone else.
PJ

Mack 09-10-2003 12:15 AM

Half the Bread

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:55:08 -0400, "Peanutjake" >
wrote:

>T2 is not caused by diet.
>
>It is caused by Virus infected Cockroaches.

well that explains the aspartame trolls.

>Trust me!!

sure thing! but there will a 29.99 U$ service charge and a 39.99 U$
tariff payable to CASH in U$ dollars.

>Or someone else.
>PJ

nah, you're doing just fine.

Beav 09-10-2003 10:47 PM

Half the Bread

"BZ" > wrote in message
> It must be terrible to live such a paranoid life Ted. Why is is that

almost
> the entire medical community is talking about HFCS? Are you afraid that
> maybe all those twinkies and soda you eat and drink that got your fat ass
> Type 2 diabetes will disappear? I can't even recommend you get a life Ted
> since you are a waste of life. Good-luck to you sir.

If you're a woman, suck my dick and if you're not, suck your own, but
whichever, get ****ed.

Beav

Beav 09-10-2003 10:48 PM

Half the Bread

"BZ" > wrote in message

Just looking at the number of responses you've posted in this thread will
tell the world you're a spamming shit. That's enough for most of us.

**** off again

Mack 10-10-2003 02:17 AM

Half the Bread

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 12:24:15 GMT, dreamstar >
wrote:

which newsgroup are you trolling from?

[email protected] 25-10-2003 11:22 PM

Half the Bread

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 21:47:31 GMT, "Beav"
> wrote:

>If you're a woman, suck my dick and if you're not, suck your own, but
>whichever, get ****ed.
>
>Beav

If he's a man and can indeed perform that amazing act, he might be
worth keeping around for the money that his skill might bring, if
nothing else. Can use all the contributions to the Rx pool that we
can get. (sarcastic smile)

Cindi

Marshall 25-10-2003 11:38 PM

Half the Bread

Beav is a guy?

Beav 26-10-2003 12:01 AM

Half the Bread

> wrote in message
> On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 21:47:31 GMT, "Beav"
> > wrote:
>
> >If you're a woman, suck my dick and if you're not, suck your own, but
> >whichever, get ****ed.
> >
> >Beav

> If he's a man and can indeed perform that amazing act, he might be
> worth keeping around for the money that his skill might bring, if
> nothing else. Can use all the contributions to the Rx pool that we
> can get. (sarcastic smile)

If he's a man and can do that, he's due a "Darwin Award" as he's sure to
leave no off-spring:-)

Beav

Beav 26-10-2003 12:02 AM

Half the Bread

"Marshall" > wrote in message
> Beav is a guy?

I believe his wofe thinks so:-)

Someone who knows Beav :)

[email protected] 31-10-2003 12:53 AM

Half the Bread

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 22:38:48 GMT, Marshall >
wrote:

>Beav is a guy?

I was talking about the person that Beav was addressing.

Cindi

[email protected] 31-10-2003 12:55 AM

Half the Bread

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 23:01:22 GMT, "Beav"
> wrote:
>If he's a man and can do that, he's due a "Darwin Award" as he's sure to
>leave no off-spring:-)
>
>Beav

That's true too, Beav.

Cindi

Priscilla Ballou 31-10-2003 03:43 PM

Half the Bread

In article >,
wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 22:38:48 GMT, Marshall >
> wrote:
>
> >Beav is a guy?
> >

> I was talking about the person that Beav was addressing.

Beav isn't a guy?

Priscilla

Beav 03-11-2003 12:37 AM

Half the Bread

"Priscilla Ballou" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 22:38:48 GMT, Marshall >
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Beav is a guy?
> > >

> > I was talking about the person that Beav was addressing.

> Beav isn't a guy?

I was the last time I looked down when I was taking a leak!! :-)

I'll ask the wife to check later on, just to be on the safe side:-)

Beav

Marshall 03-11-2003 02:56 AM

Half the Bread

As I said before,
Leave It To Beaver!

Beav 04-11-2003 10:30 PM

Half the Bread

"Marshall" > wrote in message
> As I said before,
> Leave It To Beaver!

I left it to the wife. She's convinced Beav's a bloke :-)

Beav