BZ

Default Half the Bread

> > I'm sorry but where are you getting your information? The discussions on
> > HFCS are current, Google can provide you with links to substantiate that
> > fact. And yes, your diet is responsible for your Type 2 diabetes

> Wrong, i'm T1.

I was referring to Type 2, as you can see from my quote above.

> . You have
> > pushed your bodies ability to adjust its insulin to the amount crap you

> put
> > in it that it simply gives up and a resistance is developed.

> Wrong, i am lucky enough to have T1, and since the medical profession

cannot
> find a reason for me getting it i'm quite sure you can't either.

You consider yourself "lucky" to have Type 1 diabetes? I wouldn't consider
yourself lucky at all. I have never professed that the medical community had
information regarding why people develope Type1 nor have I suggested I do
either.

> Type 2 diabetes
> > is preventable and unnecessary. I have to say this group is quite full

of
> > the most narrow-minded people I have ever had the dis-pleasure of
> > associating with. I susbscribed to the group because I thought I would

> find
> > intelligent conversations regarding diabetes, I am not a diabetic but my

> son
> > is (Type 1). I enjoy seeking information and discussing nutrition and

diet
> > related topics but I can see that doesn't happen here. Perhaps there are
> > others lurking that feel the same way, if so, please feel free to make
> > contact and a private mailing list could setup so we don't have listen

> > the nonsense of the Ted Rosenwhatzits and the Julie Bovines (yes Julie I
> > have seen your photo - funny how you dispell medical professional

opinions
> > about chemicals you are eating but promote Tarot and dream analysis.

LOL).

> Just for the record i'm neither overweight nor narrow minded. I can't
> comment on T2 diabetes as i don't have it. Intelligent diet for a diabetic
> is no different to the diet required for a normal healthy person because
> that is what in essence we all are. Just be aware that what you see as
> interesting discussion may well have been "done to death" by what these
> "narrow minded people" would call a troll or a spammer

Since I was commenting on Type 2 and you are Type 1 then why have responded?
Please pay attention. Your correct about diet. When my son was diagnosed
with Type 1 diabetes almost 8 years ago now I was initially upset and angry.
I quickly realized though that it meant that our entire family would be
making changes to our lifestyle that would be ultimately more healthy. In
the past 8 years we have worked very closely with our endocrinologist and
dieticians to the point where we can make much better choices in the foods
we consume. The problem here is that when a person presents something for
discussion and the topics are current (HFCS) being dealt with by
professionals worldwide, why do the narrow-minded people here resort to name
calling and paranoid re-actions to facts that are not created by "trolls" or
"spammers"? I am not selling anything, what have I to gain by looking to
educate and be educated? Why does the discussion of ingesting chemicals
upset these people so much? As an example, and I don't use or have anything
to do with any company that does, lets take the debate over Stevia and
Aspartame. Should an intelligent person assume that a chemical produced for
profit (lots!) should be accepted over an herb that has been used ny
Peruvians for many centuries? Can I be called a "troll" or a "spammer" for
suggesting a discussion of this topic? These discussions may have already
taken place and been "done to death" as you suggest, but there are new
people coming into these groups daily and old topics will inherintly
re-surface as they do in ALL newsgroups. Using foul language and telling
people to f-off because they don't like your opinions is narrow-minded. Are
there not people here who have children that may want to get involved in
reasonable discussions about their condition or learn more about diabetes so
they can understand it more because a loved one is diabetic? I'm sorry but
the responses in this group lead me to believe that there are a few in this
group that are not capable of social interaction and have maybe spent far
too many years behind a computer screen to know how to behave in a real
group of people.

> If you must approach a subject in the same manner as a troll or spammer
> would then you can hardly moan when you get the same reception can you.

Something has changed I guess in the way people communicate. I thought
joining a conversation was called participating. So basically, if I don't
agree or have another perspective on a topic I can be considered a "troll"
or a "spammer". Insightful...

> > > i have now withdrawn my death wish and packed in all the junk i used

> > eat.

I would bet that you are still making poor dietary choices. But of course if
I were to suggest discussing any of them I could expect to be stoned to
death.