Old 25-09-2008, 04:42 PM posted to alt.food.wine

Default Corked NZ wine

Anders wrote on Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:24:12 +0200:

"James Silverton" skrev i
melding ...

I guess it is a barrel but my German technical dictionary has
cartload or large wine measure.

--

Yes, that is correct.
The French name btw is 'foudre' (Alsace).

Same word, I guess, especially since German speaking Alsace is mentioned
but the usual meaning of "foudre" in French is lightning, as in "coupe
de foudre"

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Old 25-09-2008, 05:30 PM posted to alt.food.wine

James wrote to Anders TÝrneskog on Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:42:22 -0400:

"James Silverton" skrev i
melding ...

I guess it is a barrel but my German technical dictionary
has cartload or large wine measure.

--

Yes, that is correct.
The French name btw is 'foudre' (Alsace).

Same word, I guess, especially since German speaking Alsace is
mentioned but the usual meaning of "foudre" in French is
lightning, as in "coupe de foudre"

Sorry about the quadruple posts but the ISP hung up and weird things
happened as I tried to close it.
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Old 25-09-2008, 08:56 PM posted to alt.food.wine

"Anders TÝrneskog" wrote in news:48db93f9$0
:

So if a winery is Riesling only, and uses fuders, do they always buy
used barrels? My assumption was that occasionally there was a new
fuder, but the size (and probably lack of heavy charring) meant
minimal oak transfer.

Many wineries in the Mosel only purchased fuders when there was such an
event as a marriage or a birth in the family. Most of them are old and they
get cleaned. But I do not know how.

ms

TN: Good showings, except one corked wine DaleW Wine 4 06-06-2011 02:26 PM
How much has corked wine affected your perceptions? Joseph Coulter Wine 6 01-02-2006 05:34 AM
Warning: Empty corked wine bottle jmcquown General Cooking 45 15-07-2005 05:53 AM
Corked wine nyc sommelier 54 Wine 2 19-03-2004 01:37 PM
How to confirm the wine is corked? Eric lee Wine 24 29-11-2003 07:07 AM