Old 18-02-2005, 12:29 AM
Serendip

Default Tea comparisons?

(Warning - my second newbie post of the day.)

I've searched, but can't find anything like this... are there any sites
that compare teas from one company to another, for example, lapsang
souchong from Adagio compared to that from ROT, IPOT, Upton, etc.? I
realize it couldn't be complete, and teas aren't going to be exactly the
same, but does anything like this exist?

Thanks!

Resa

Old 18-02-2005, 12:47 AM
Bluesea

"Serendip" wrote in message
(Warning - my second newbie post of the day.)

LOL - you're on a roll!

I've searched, but can't find anything like this... are there any sites
that compare teas from one company to another, for example, lapsang
souchong from Adagio compared to that from ROT, IPOT, Upton, etc.? I
realize it couldn't be complete, and teas aren't going to be exactly the
same, but does anything like this exist?

FWIW, this one is for Earl Grey, but since the base tea and amount of
bergamot changes from source to source and I've already discovered what I
like, I tend to disagree with the ratings

http://www.concentric.net/~Dusted/.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old 18-02-2005, 04:26 AM
Melinda

Heres' one I look at from time to time...

http://www.normbrero.com/cgi-bin/viewTea.cgi

Melinda

--
"The country has entered an era in which
questions are not asked, for questions are

Old 18-02-2005, 03:14 PM
pilo_

"Melinda" wrote:

Heres' one I look at from time to time...

http://www.normbrero.com/cgi-bin/viewTea.cgi

i think the resident michael plant is/was involved with
the above site. but i don't think it's current anymore -
i haven't seen any new reviews in ages..........p*
Old 18-02-2005, 06:25 PM
Bluesea

"Michael Plant" wrote in message

I have no immediate answer to your question, but I will say here that ROT
and Upton are huge companies,

Upton is huge? By what measure? Volume sold? Number of teas offered? Number
of employees? Something else?

--
~~Bluesea~~ exercising one of those inquiring minds

Old 19-02-2005, 05:13 PM
Serendip

On 2/17/2005 7:29 PM, Serendip wrote:
(Warning - my second newbie post of the day.)

I've searched, but can't find anything like this... are there any sites
that compare teas from one company to another, for example, lapsang
souchong from Adagio compared to that from ROT, IPOT, Upton, etc.? I
realize it couldn't be complete, and teas aren't going to be exactly the
same, but does anything like this exist?

Thanks!

Resa

Thanks to all for the websites!

Resa
Old 19-02-2005, 05:16 PM
Serendip

On 2/17/2005 7:47 PM, Bluesea wrote:
"Serendip" wrote in message
(Warning - my second newbie post of the day.)

LOL - you're on a roll!

I've searched, but can't find anything like this... are there any sites
that compare teas from one company to another, for example, lapsang
souchong from Adagio compared to that from ROT, IPOT, Upton, etc.? I
realize it couldn't be complete, and teas aren't going to be exactly the
same, but does anything like this exist?

FWIW, this one is for Earl Grey, but since the base tea and amount of
bergamot changes from source to source and I've already discovered what I
like, I tend to disagree with the ratings

http://www.concentric.net/~Dusted/.

Thanks. So... will you drop the other shoe, and share which Earl Greys
you like best, please? I know, everyone has their own preferences, etc.,
but... please?

Resa

Old 19-02-2005, 09:32 PM
Bluesea

"Serendip" wrote in message

Thanks. So... will you drop the other shoe, and share which Earl Greys
you like best, please? I know, everyone has their own preferences, etc.,
but... please?

Sure, no problem.

My #1 absolute favorite is the Original Earl Grey TE10 from Upton.
#2 is Bigelow's.

If I'm feeling really desperate for a fix of EG, I'll have a cup of
Twinings, but I'd mostly really rather not because I don't get the same
sense of satisfaction and enjoyment that I do with the others.

Ceylon-based EG makes me gag and I once ran across then avoided an
Assam-based EG. To tell the truth, I haven't liked any Assam or Assam blends
that I've encountered. Note that my favorites use a base of China black and
Twinings is a blend of several. The TE10 has less bergamot than Bigelow's
and Upton offers the Extra Bergamot English Earl Grey (TE11) that has way
too much bergamot for me although it's their most popular EG.

--
~~Bluesea~~

#2 is Bigelow's.

If I'm feeling really desperate for a fix of EG, I'll have a cup of
Twinings, but I'd mostly really rather not because I don't get the same
sense of satisfaction and enjoyment that I do with the others.

Ceylon-based EG makes me gag and I once ran across then avoided an
Assam-based EG. To tell the truth, I haven't liked any Assam or Assam blends
that I've encountered. Note that my favorites use a base of China black and
Twinings is a blend of several. The TE10 has less bergamot than Bigelow's
and Upton offers the Extra Bergamot English Earl Grey (TE11) that has way
too much bergamot for me although it's their most popular EG.

Thanks! And good to hear that there CAN be such a thing as too much
bergamot - when I order from Upton, I'll try both. Thanks!

#2 is Bigelow's.

[...]

You're welcome!

If you haven't already, I suggest that you try a Ceylon-based EG (TE15,
TE17, TE20, &/or TE09) as a couple of my friends prefer those over my base
China black.

Of the different English Breakfast teas that I've had, my #1 favorite is the
Ceylon EB Wilson Select (TB18).

--
~~Bluesea~~

#2 is Bigelow's.

[...]

Again, thank you. (Does Upton track referrals? Considering that I've had
to refill my pen from all the notations, if they do, you should get credit!)

Resa
Old 20-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Bluesea

"Serendip" wrote in message

Again, thank you. (Does Upton track referrals? Considering that I've had
to refill my pen from all the notations, if they do, you should get

credit!)

I don't know. I've never looked or asked.

Refill your pen? Do you use a fountain pen? (I do.)

--
~~Bluesea~~