Bluesea

"Serendip" > wrote in message
news
> On 2/20/2005 3:36 PM, Bluesea wrote:
>
> LOL! Nothing to apologize for - I don't think I've posted there for
> years and years, and I barely scan the threads, so wouldn't have noticed
> your name. I guess the good news is that you're not in my killfile!

I try to remain on better behavior .

> > Nathan posted something this month about the LA show. Check the threads

on
> > "more info on lubricating inks" and "Fountain pen as highlighter?"

> The show is today, so I was hoping for a report. I don't know what I'm
> expecting, but I'm always curious.

Ah, so!

> I was figuring that legal lapis would be the tea journal ink, but
> perhaps I should get eternal brown - more tea colored, kinda! (And keeps
> this on topic, maybe - thanks for changing the subject line!) Too bad
> there aren't sample sizes of the ink... yeah, I know, cartridges, but
> Nathan doesn't have them.

Since he's still developing his line, maybe he'll get a round tuit
eventually.

I like to rotate the colors so that it's easy to find where one journal
entry quits and another starts.

> Now to pull together what info I should record,

Some ideas -

I start with item code if the vendor uses them, name of tea, vendor, and
date. Next are brewing details: x tsp. in x oz at xxx° for x min. and my
opinion of the results. After my trials, I note at the bottom whether I want
to reorder that particular tea from that vendor or not. I highlight the best
amount/temp/time for the teas that I keep on hand 'cause sometimes I forget
and highlighting makes it easy to find the combo that works best.

On the last page and working back towards the front, I list tea, sometimes
vendor, and page no. in the same color ink in which I did the entry. That
makes it easier to locate when I want to review what I previously wrote.

> as I wait for the Upton
> site to stop choking on a hairball or whatever it is that has it no
> longer responding, and place my order.

Something must be wrong. It hasn't come up for me, either, and I started
before I typed what I include in my tea journal so it should have been done
way before now. It was fine when I got those codes for EB earlier.

Funny that you said hairball - my cat likes to drink Darjeeling and white
teas if I don't stop her so, be forewarned. I've taken to using a lid from a
plastic tub to keep her and her cat hair out of my cup/mug.

--
~~Bluesea~~