Serendip

On 2/20/2005 4:29 PM, Bluesea wrote:

>> LOL! Nothing to apologize for - I don't think I've posted there for
>> years and years, and I barely scan the threads, so wouldn't have noticed
>> your name. I guess the good news is that you're not in my killfile!

> I try to remain on better behavior .

>> I was figuring that legal lapis would be the tea journal ink, but
>> perhaps I should get eternal brown - more tea colored, kinda! (And keeps
>> this on topic, maybe - thanks for changing the subject line!) Too bad
>> there aren't sample sizes of the ink... yeah, I know, cartridges, but
>> Nathan doesn't have them.

> Since he's still developing his line, maybe he'll get a round tuit
> eventually.
>
> I like to rotate the colors so that it's easy to find where one journal
> entry quits and another starts.

Good idea - I was thinking that each tea would have its own page, so I
could go back and add notes such as "see p.37 - better tea from x
company" or whatever.

>> Now to pull together what info I should record,

> Some ideas -
>
> I start with item code if the vendor uses them, name of tea, vendor, and
> date. Next are brewing details: x tsp. in x oz at xxx° for x min. and my
> opinion of the results. After my trials, I note at the bottom whether I want
> to reorder that particular tea from that vendor or not. I highlight the best
> amount/temp/time for the teas that I keep on hand 'cause sometimes I forget
> and highlighting makes it easy to find the combo that works best.

Perfect! Thanks!

> On the last page and working back towards the front, I list tea, sometimes
> vendor, and page no. in the same color ink in which I did the entry. That
> makes it easier to locate when I want to review what I previously wrote.

Yes, this would be a nightmare without an index - thanks!

>> as I wait for the Upton
>> site to stop choking on a hairball or whatever it is that has it no
>> longer responding, and place my order.

> Something must be wrong. It hasn't come up for me, either, and I started
> before I typed what I include in my tea journal so it should have been done
> way before now. It was fine when I got those codes for EB earlier.

I had gotten to 11 samples, and was checking if I had ordered one,
and... nothing. Still nothing. I did read that they had (very) recently
moved to a new server - maybe that is more responsible for this than my
11 samples...

> Funny that you said hairball - my cat likes to drink Darjeeling and white
> teas if I don't stop her so, be forewarned. I've taken to using a lid from a
> plastic tub to keep her and her cat hair out of my cup/mug.

No cats here, but I'll keep that in mind!

Resa