Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT .. speaking of dead weight ..... Quiche Again

On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 11:18:12 AM UTC-10, Jim Lahey wrote:
> On 14 Apr 2021 21:06:47 GMT, "Dr. Bruce" >
> wrote:
> >Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> >https://www.civilbeat.org/2019/10/ne...rack-for-2021/
> >> >

> >> The state mental hospital in Philadelphia closed years ago. Oh, I
> >> know where the patients went. On the streets. Some even got bus
> >> tickets to other cities. The do gooders "helped" those people.

> >Is it a bad thing to "help" them?

> It is when Democrats are in charge:
>
> In the 1960s, laws were changed to limit the ability of state and
> local officials to admit people into mental health hospitals. This
> lead to budget cuts in both state and federal funding for mental
> health programs. As a result, states across the country began closing
> and downsizing their psychiatric hospitals.

That's a fairy tale. Everybody knows that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:
> On 14/04/2021 19:11, dsi1 wrote:

>>> Twenty thousand eh?? Wow!! I wish you all good luck!

>> My granddaughter's great grandmother is a Hawaiian community
>> activist. Perhaps one day, she'll be marching. Perhaps one day,
>> all my granddaughters will be speaking Hawaiian. Predicting their
>> future is a little tricky.
>>

> ====
>
> *Aww I am sure you will get them speaking and writing well)))

Maybe it will help if they wear their knickers at half staff whilst
singing hawaiian songs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/14/2021 5:47 PM, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> Is it a bad thing to "help" them?
>>>

>> For many it was. Take them out of a facility that gave them 3 meals
>> a day and put them on the street with no help at all? Some could
>> cope but for others, a death sentence.
>>
>> No money, no skills, no food, no shelter, a bagful of you old
>> clothes. But you are free of that terrible institution. Glad I could
>> help.

> Oh, I thought the government kicked them out and the do-gooders then
> tried to help them. The government were do-badders.

Yes, but there were some civil rights organizations pushing the
government to do it.

Minutes ago, there was a case where a guy was let out of a mental
institution and days later ran down a family killing one of them. He
admits he did it but was having a psychotic episode. He wants help, he
knows he is f'd up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/14/2021 6:03 PM, dsi1 wrote:

>>> Is it a bad thing to "help" them?

>> It is when Democrats are in charge:
>>
>> In the 1960s, laws were changed to limit the ability of state and
>> local officials to admit people into mental health hospitals. This
>> lead to budget cuts in both state and federal funding for mental
>> health programs. As a result, states across the country began closing
>> and downsizing their psychiatric hospitals.

> That's a fairy tale. Everybody knows that.

What part is the fairy tale? They did close a lot of institutions back
then.

This is what happens when you release people
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philad...tal_at_Byberry
Most importantly, two released patients were found dead in the Delaware
River in two successive days after their release.

https://whyy.org/articles/philly-mental-health-community-reflects-on-byberry-state-hospital-closure-25-years-later/'
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 4/14/2021 5:47 PM, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> > Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> > > For many it was. Take them out of a facility that gave them 3
> > > meals a day and put them on the street with no help at all? Some
> > > could cope but for others, a death sentence.
> > >
> > > No money, no skills, no food, no shelter, a bagful of you old
> > > clothes. But you are free of that terrible institution. Glad I
> > > could help.

> > Oh, I thought the government kicked them out and the do-gooders then
> > tried to help them. The government were do-badders.
> >

> Yes, but there were some civil rights organizations pushing the
> government to do it.

Very counter productive.

> Minutes ago, there was a case where a guy was let out of a mental
> institution and days later ran down a family killing one of them. He
> admits he did it but was having a psychotic episode. He wants help,
> he knows he is f'd up.

Yes, those people should never be let out, whether they're a danger to
others or to themselves. Some people just can't be repaired. Same for
criminals.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 4/14/2021 6:03 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>
> > That's a fairy tale. Everybody knows that.
> >

> What part is the fairy tale? They did close a lot of institutions
> back then.
>
> This is what happens when you release people
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philad...tal_at_Byberry
> Most importantly, two released patients were found dead in the
> Delaware River in two successive days after their release.

https://whyy.org/articles/philly-mental-health-community-reflects-on-byberry-state-hospital-closure-25-years-later/'

Closing mental institutions sounds more like a right-wing thing to do
than a do-gooder thing to do. Right-wingers value money over (mental)
health.

Except in the 70s, when there was an anti-psychiatry movement that
claimed everybody could be fixed without medication or
institutionalisation.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 1:38:31 PM UTC-10, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
> > On 4/14/2021 6:03 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > > That's a fairy tale. Everybody knows that.
> > >

> > What part is the fairy tale? They did close a lot of institutions
> > back then.
> >
> > This is what happens when you release people
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philad...tal_at_Byberry
> > Most importantly, two released patients were found dead in the
> > Delaware River in two successive days after their release.
> >

> https://whyy.org/articles/philly-mental-health-community-reflects-on-byberry-state-hospital-closure-25-years-later/'
> Closing mental institutions sounds more like a right-wing thing to do
> than a do-gooder thing to do. Right-wingers value money over (mental)
> health.
>
> Except in the 70s, when there was an anti-psychiatry movement that
> claimed everybody could be fixed without medication or
> institutionalisation.
> --
> The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

The right-wingers do indeed don't give a hoot about mental cases. They do care about money, money, money.

https://sites.psu.edu/psy533wheeler/...omment-page-1/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 15:03:46 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 11:18:12 AM UTC-10, Jim Lahey wrote:
>> On 14 Apr 2021 21:06:47 GMT, "Dr. Bruce" >
>> wrote:

>> >https://www.civilbeat.org/2019/10/ne...rack-for-2021/

>> >Is it a bad thing to "help" them?

>> It is when Democrats are in charge:
>>
>> In the 1960s, laws were changed to limit the ability of state and
>> local officials to admit people into mental health hospitals. This
>> lead to budget cuts in both state and federal funding for mental
>> health programs. As a result, states across the country began closing
>> and downsizing their psychiatric hospitals.

>That's a fairy tale. Everybody knows that.

It's a shame you're not just a fairy tale. Everbody thinks that, too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/14/2021 5:22 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 4/14/2021 5:06 PM, Dr. Bruce wrote:
>> Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>> https://www.civilbeat.org/2019/10/ne...rack-for-2021/
>>

>>> The state mental hospital in Philadelphia closed years ago. Oh, I
>>> know where the patients went. On the streets. Some even got bus
>>> tickets to other cities. The do gooders "helped" those people.

>> Is it a bad thing to "help" them?
>>

> For many it was. Take them out of a facility that gave them 3 meals a
> day and put them on the street with no help at all? Some could cope but
> for others, a death sentence.
>
> No money, no skills, no food, no shelter, a bagful of you old clothes.
> But you are free of that terrible institution. Glad I could help.

A case here a few years ago - Guy walked into a bank and told the
teller, "I have a gun in my pocket. Give me all the money in your drawer."

The teller pressed her silent alarm button then gave him all the cash in
her drawer.

He then walked over into the lobby and sat there waiting for the police
to show up. He didn't have a gun.

When questioned, turned out he felt that prison would be a better place
to live. Food, shelter, no worries, etc.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/15/2021 8:02 AM, Gary wrote:

>>> Is it a bad thing to "help" them?
>>>

>> For many it was.Â* Take them out of a facility that gave them 3 meals a
>> day and put them on the street with no help at all?Â* Some could cope but
>> for others, a death sentence.
>>
>> No money, no skills, no food, no shelter, a bagful of you old clothes.
>> But you are free of that terrible institution.Â* Glad I could help.

> A case here a few years ago - Guy walked into a bank and told the
> teller, "I have a gun in my pocket. Give me all the money in your drawer."
>
> The teller pressed her silent alarm button then gave him all the cash in
> her drawer.
>
> He then walked over into the lobby and sat there waiting for the police
> to show up. He didn't have a gun.
>
> When questioned, turned out he felt that prison would be a better place
> to live. Food, shelter, no worries, etc.

I've heard stories of people wanting to get arrested, especially when
winter is coming. They don't have the mental skills to earn a living
outside and are content in prison. They know what is expected of them
and get fed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 10:32:37 PM UTC-10, Jim Lahey wrote:
> It's a shame you're not just a fairy tale. Everbody thinks that, too.

You sound like you're in high school. I stopped caring about what everybody thinks around the age of 27. Mostly, I care about what is right and true. One can be concerned with what is right and true or they can be concerned with what everybody thinks. Pick one. You can't have both.
You get the last word - you lucky devil.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Apr 2021 08:02:08 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>On 4/14/2021 5:22 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> https://www.civilbeat.org/2019/10/ne...rack-for-2021/

>>> Is it a bad thing to "help" them?
>>>

>> For many it was. Take them out of a facility that gave them 3 meals a
>> day and put them on the street with no help at all? Some could cope but
>> for others, a death sentence.
>>
>> No money, no skills, no food, no shelter, a bagful of you old clothes.
>> But you are free of that terrible institution. Glad I could help.

>A case here a few years ago - Guy walked into a bank and told the
>teller, "I have a gun in my pocket. Give me all the money in your drawer."
>
>The teller pressed her silent alarm button then gave him all the cash in
>her drawer.
>
>He then walked over into the lobby and sat there waiting for the police
>to show up. He didn't have a gun.
>
>When questioned, turned out he felt that prison would be a better place
>to live. Food, shelter, no worries, etc.

Yes, it happens. And probably soon to become a lot more common.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Apr 2021 09:17:33 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 10:32:37 PM UTC-10, Jim Lahey wrote:
>> It's a shame you're not just a fairy tale. Everbody thinks that, too.

>You sound like you're in high school. I stopped caring about what everybody thinks around the age of 27. Mostly, I care about what is right and true. One can be concerned with what is right and true or they can be concerned with what everybody thinks. Pick one. You can't have both.
>You get the last word - you lucky devil.

Yawn. Every time you can't argue your way out of a debate, you turn
into an imbecile.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> On 13/04/2021 23:57, cshenk wrote:

> > > =====
> > >
> > > **** off idiot!

> > Just another frogger. They even tried Don again. Trust me, KF all
> > Don

> ==
>
> Yes, I knew it was not your Don!

Yup. Someone told me the frogger even posted a very old pic of my
house? Something about apple trees being only 4-5ft tall? Dunno but
if so, that would be someplace around 2010 (decade ago).

Do you have that post? It would be interesting to see the date of the
pictures and see if it really is my house. My house is not fancy. In
fact, it's pretty plain Jane sort of thing but then, I didn't want a
'Mc-Mansion' (super fancy) place nor could we have afforded it when we
got it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Apr 2021 22:24:32 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>Andy wrote:
>
>> On 13/04/2021 23:57, Wayne Boatwrite wrote:
>> > Just another frogger. They even tried Don again. Trust me, KF all
>> > Don

>> ==
>>
>> Yes, I knew it was not your Don!

>Yup. Someone told me the frogger even posted a very old pic of my
>house?
> Something about apple trees being only 4-5ft tall? Dunno but
>if so, that would be someplace around 2010 (decade ago).
>
>Do you have that post? It would be interesting to see the date of the
>pictures and see if it really is my house. My house is not fancy. In
>fact, it's pretty plain Jane sort of thing but then, I didn't want a
>'Mc-Mansion' (super fancy) place nor could we have afforded it when we
>got it.

'Someone'? Did you receive a phone call, a visit, an email?
No.
You saw the troll post with your own eyes, liar. LOL.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 16/04/2021 04:24, cshenk wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:

>>> Just another frogger. They even tried Don again. Trust me, KF all
>>> Don

>> ==
>>
>> Yes, I knew it was not your Don!

> Yup. Someone told me the frogger even posted a very old pic of my
> house? Something about apple trees being only 4-5ft tall? Dunno but
> if so, that would be someplace around 2010 (decade ago).
>
> Do you have that post? It would be interesting to see the date of the
> pictures and see if it really is my house. My house is not fancy. In
> fact, it's pretty plain Jane sort of thing but then, I didn't want a
> 'Mc-Mansion' (super fancy) place nor could we have afforded it when we
> got it.

==

No,sorry. I don't keep many posts and even then not for long.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cshenk's Place

On 4/15/2021 11:24 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Someone even posted a pic of my house?

Yup.

> Do you have that?

Yup, here you go - (not my post)

https://tinyurl.com/5e3z2hjr

> My house is not fancy. I didn't want a 'Mc-Mansion'

I can see that, it's ironic that you make
fun of Kuthe's place and his gardening skills,
while your place doesn't appear to be much better,
in face in some ways his looks better than yours.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 04:49 10 Apr 2021, Pamela said:

> On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 19:37:19 -0700 (PDT),
> " > wrote:
>
>>On Friday, April 9, 2021 at 8:36:17 PM UTC-5, Pamela wrote:
>>>
>>> On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 17:39:23 -0700 (PDT), "

>>> So??

>>> LOL. Wipe the shit out of your eyes. The similarities are
>>> overwhelming. He hasn't a trace of Charles in him.
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/c4jcV1QR/Prince-Harry.jpg
>>>

>>So??
>>
>>Neither of the boys looks like Charles, for that matter, they
>>don't look like her either. Just because a former bodyguard has
>>red hair doesn't mean it's his child. But you might want to check
>>your facts just when he was her in her employ as a guard. You're
>>not the first one to fall for this claim and you won't be the
>>last.

> You assume I and many others are fixated on the red hair when it's
> the facial features that makes it obvious. And they both resemble
> Diana. And yes, well aware of the timeline of when he was a guard.
> Proves very little.

Mr Neodome, it's a pointless discussion because facial similarity and
morphed photos are not really hard facts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 08:35 11 Apr 2021, Pamela said:

> On 11 Apr 2021 01:32:51 GMT, "Dr. Bruce" >

>>> Where did I say that?

>>Nowhere, but you do that to me all the time: put words in my mouth
>>and then criticise those words, that I never said.

> You really are an hypocritical ****.

Hey!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 22:25 10 Apr 2021, Pamela said:

> On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 14:21:10 -0500, Hank Rogers >
> wrote:
>
>>Dr. Bruce wrote:

>>> I didn't see any jokes. Maybe they're from neodome or aioe.
>>>

>>I guess neodome is the new aioe. Even you ardent butt sniffers have
>>abandoned poor neodome.

> That was part of the plan, to drive him off the free servers. He took
> the bait, it worked.

Drive who?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pamela wrote:

> On 22:25 10 Apr 2021, Pamela said:
>
> > On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 14:21:10 -0500, Hank Rogers >
> > wrote:

> does >>>> it make?

> > > I guess neodome is the new aioe. Even you ardent butt sniffers
> > > have abandoned poor neodome.

> > That was part of the plan, to drive him off the free servers. He
> > took the bait, it worked.

> Drive who?

Moi.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dr. Bruce wrote:
> Pamela wrote:
>
>> On 22:25 10 Apr 2021, Pamela said:

>> does >>>> it make?

>>> That was part of the plan, to drive him off the free servers. He
>>> took the bait, it worked.

>> Drive who?

> Moi.

wee wee. momseur?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 16 Apr 2021 13:44:10 -0400, me wrote:

> I can see that, it's ironic that you make
> fun of Kuthe's place and his gardening skills,
> while your place doesn't appear to be much better,
> in face in some ways his looks better than yours.

Wow. And I though *I* was being an asshole today. You put me to
shame. She doesn't even make fun of Kuthe (comparatively).

I can't top that. You win!

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Apr 2021 13:44:10 -0400, me wrote:
>
> > I can see that, it's ironic that you make
> > fun of Kuthe's place and his gardening skills,
> > while your place doesn't appear to be much better,
> > in face in some ways his looks better than yours.

> Wow. And I though I was being an asshole today. You put me to
> shame. She doesn't even make fun of Kuthe (comparatively).
>
> I can't top that. You win!
>
> -sw

With all the trimming, you make no sense.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 16 Apr 2021 22:38:25 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 16 Apr 2021 13:44:10 -0400, me wrote:
>>
>> > I can see that, it's ironic that you make
>> > fun of Kuthe's place and his gardening skills,
>> > while your place doesn't appear to be much better,
>> > in face in some ways his looks better than yours.

>> Wow. And I though I was being an asshole today. You put me to
>> shame. She doesn't even make fun of Kuthe (comparatively).
>>
>> I can't top that. You win!
>>
>> -sw

>With all the trimming, you make no sense.

Holy ****, you are so dumb. Yet, inexplicably, you think you know all
about Usenet, headers etc. You literally cannot comprehend or follow a
simple thread.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 16 Apr 2021 13:44:10 -0400, me wrote:
> >
> > > I can see that, it's ironic that you make
> > > fun of Kuthe's place and his gardening skills,
> > > while your place doesn't appear to be much better,
> > > in face in some ways his looks better than yours.

> > Wow. And I though I was being an asshole today. You put me to
> > shame. She doesn't even make fun of Kuthe (comparatively).
> >
> > I can't top that. You win!
> >
> > -sw

> With all the trimming, you make no sense.

Ok, true, I never make fun of Kuthe and my house isn't much for curb
appeal. I never said it was. The apple trees aren't shaped but in
bloom right now and for another 3 weeks or so. 1 cherry tree (small)
bloomed it's little heart out and 3 are new plants just budding.
Blueberries doing ok. Most of backyard container garden planted (have
3 to go and some seeds to put in still). My landscaper just weeded and
mulched the front 'pretty little flower patch'.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...SFYO9AyHqcvS_4

There should be pictures of yard and trees. Like I said, more
functional than pretty.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/17/2021 11:57 AM, cshenk wrote:
> cshenk wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Wow. And I though I was being an asshole today. You put me to
>>> shame. She doesn't even make fun of Kuthe (comparatively).
>>>
>>> I can't top that. You win!
>>>
>>> -sw

>> With all the trimming, you make no sense.

> Ok, true, I never make fun of Kuthe.

Liar!

Have you forgotten this post from *you* already?

Message ID: >

http://al.howardknight.net/?STYPE=ms...odome.ne t%3E

cshenk wrote:
"I see your horticultural skills are on par with your computer
enginerring skills, John. grin"

Is that supposed to be a compliment, you hypocrite?

I really like that low maintenance foundation planting
of yours, Carol.

https://tinyurl.com/5e3z2hjr ROFL!

Now pretend to not see this post too, you back stabbing ****.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-17 9:57 a.m., cshenk wrote:
> cshenk wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Wow. And I though I was being an asshole today. You put me to
>>> shame. She doesn't even make fun of Kuthe (comparatively).
>>>
>>> I can't top that. You win!
>>>
>>> -sw

>> With all the trimming, you make no sense.

> Ok, true, I never make fun of Kuthe and my house isn't much for curb
> appeal. I never said it was. The apple trees aren't shaped but in
> bloom right now and for another 3 weeks or so. 1 cherry tree (small)
> bloomed it's little heart out and 3 are new plants just budding.
> Blueberries doing ok. Most of backyard container garden planted (have
> 3 to go and some seeds to put in still). My landscaper just weeded and
> mulched the front 'pretty little flower patch'.
>

> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...SFYO9AyHqcvS_4
>
> There should be pictures of yard and trees. Like I said, more
> functional than pretty.

"Functional" should be the first criterion of one's living space.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 17 Apr 2021 12:14:52 -0400, me > wrote:

>On 4/17/2021 11:57 AM, cshenk wrote:
>> cshenk wrote:

>>> With all the trimming, you make no sense.

>> Ok, true, I never make fun of Kuthe.
> >

>Liar!
>
>Have you forgotten this post from *you* already?
>
>Message ID: >
>
>http://al.howardknight.net/?STYPE=ms...odome.ne t%3E
>
>cshenk wrote:
>"I see your horticultural skills are on par with your computer
>enginerring skills, John. grin"
>
>Is that supposed to be a compliment, you hypocrite?
>
>I really like that low maintenance foundation planting
>of yours, Carol.
>
>https://tinyurl.com/5e3z2hjr ROFL!
>
>Now pretend to not see this post too, you back stabbing ****.

lol, so true.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Quiche Again

On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 6:46:37 AM UTC-5, Lucretia Borgia wrote:

> You could try this - a bit more effort but very much worth it. A
> recipe from an old Las Vegas friend I met on alt.recipes and his
> personal advice at the end.
>
> ASPARAGUS PIE
>
> 1 unbaked 10-inch pie shell
> 20 Fresh asparagus spears, cooked
> 1-1/2 Cup, cooked chicken, cubed (two breasts?)
> 4 slices cooked bacon
> 1/2 Cup Shredded Swiss cheese
> 4 eggs
> 1 TBSP flour
> 1/2 tsp Salt
> 2 Cups light cream
> 2 TBSP Grated Parmesan Cheese to suit
> Paprika

That's one of those things that should have stayed in Vegas.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/17/2021 12:17 PM, Graham wrote:

> "Functional" should be the first criterion of one's living space.

Yes, and **** France or anyone that claims to be
French should be second.

--
The real Bruce acts like a typical French pussy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Graham wrote:

> On 2021-04-17 9:57 a.m., cshenk wrote:
> > cshenk wrote:

> > > With all the trimming, you make no sense.

> > Ok, true, I never make fun of Kuthe and my house isn't much for curb
> > appeal. I never said it was. The apple trees aren't shaped but in
> > bloom right now and for another 3 weeks or so. 1 cherry tree
> > (small) bloomed it's little heart out and 3 are new plants just
> > budding. Blueberries doing ok. Most of backyard container garden
> > planted (have 3 to go and some seeds to put in still). My
> > landscaper just weeded and mulched the front 'pretty little flower
> > patch'.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...SFYO9AyHqcvS_4

> > There should be pictures of yard and trees. Like I said, more
> > functional than pretty.
> >

> "Functional" should be the first criterion of one's living space.

Agreed!

Today was a very busy one. Replaced a ceiling fan, had sink PVC partly
replaced, and the gardening done. All well as everything works.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 8:15:26 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
> Graham wrote:

> Today was a very busy one. Replaced a ceiling fan, had sink PVC partly
> replaced, and the gardening done. All well as everything works.

You mean your handyman had a busy one.

In the morning we prepped for relocating a heating duct (removed the
last couple feet of ducting from the wall); scraped Liquid Nails off a
wall (which will be ongoing for a while) where some damnfool whose
initials are C.H. installed Formica laminate as a backsplash; tore up a
little flooring where some previous owner put peel-and-stick tile over
an old linoleum transition strip; scraped drywall mud off the wall from
a previous owner's ignorance of painter's putty. In the afternoon I got
my second COVID shot, then came home and picked up the winter's
deadfall branches from the lawn and then mowed my two acres.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 8:15:26 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
> > Graham wrote:

> > Today was a very busy one. Replaced a ceiling fan, had sink PVC
> > partly replaced, and the gardening done. All well as everything
> > works.

> You mean your handyman had a busy one.

Are you saying that because cshenk would need a cherry picker to reach
that ceiling fan?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/18/2021 5:41 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 8:15:26 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
>> Graham wrote:

>> Today was a very busy one. Replaced a ceiling fan, had sink PVC partly
>> replaced, and the gardening done. All well as everything works.

> You mean your handyman had a busy one.
>
> In the morning we prepped for relocating a heating duct (removed the
> last couple feet of ducting from the wall); scraped Liquid Nails off a
> wall (which will be ongoing for a while) where some damnfool whose
> initials are C.H. installed Formica laminate as a backsplash; tore up a
> little flooring where some previous owner put peel-and-stick tile over
> an old linoleum transition strip; scraped drywall mud off the wall from
> a previous owner's ignorance of painter's putty. In the afternoon I got
> my second COVID shot, then came home and picked up the winter's
> deadfall branches from the lawn and then mowed my two acres.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Stop it. I'm getting tired just reading about it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 18, 2021 at 9:01:05 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 4/18/2021 5:41 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 8:15:26 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
> >> Graham wrote:

> >> Today was a very busy one. Replaced a ceiling fan, had sink PVC partly
> >> replaced, and the gardening done. All well as everything works.

> > You mean your handyman had a busy one.
> >
> > In the morning we prepped for relocating a heating duct (removed the
> > last couple feet of ducting from the wall); scraped Liquid Nails off a
> > wall (which will be ongoing for a while) where some damnfool whose
> > initials are C.H. installed Formica laminate as a backsplash; tore up a
> > little flooring where some previous owner put peel-and-stick tile over
> > an old linoleum transition strip; scraped drywall mud off the wall from
> > a previous owner's ignorance of painter's putty. In the afternoon I got
> > my second COVID shot, then came home and picked up the winter's
> > deadfall branches from the lawn and then mowed my two acres.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> Stop it. I'm getting tired just reading about it.

Ok. Today I barely have the strength to type. I blame it on the vaccine.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/18/2021 5:41 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 8:15:26 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
>> Graham wrote:

>> Today was a very busy one. Replaced a ceiling fan, had sink PVC partly
>> replaced, and the gardening done. All well as everything works.

> You mean your handyman had a busy one.
>
> In the morning we prepped for relocating a heating duct (removed the
> last couple feet of ducting from the wall); scraped Liquid Nails off a
> wall (which will be ongoing for a while) where some damnfool whose
> initials are C.H. installed Formica laminate as a backsplash; tore up a
> little flooring where some previous owner put peel-and-stick tile over
> an old linoleum transition strip; scraped drywall mud off the wall from
> a previous owner's ignorance of painter's putty.

That last comment makes no sense. Please explain.
About scraping off drywall mud and ignorance of painter's putty.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/18/2021 9:05 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> In the morning we prepped for relocating a heating duct (removed the
>>> last couple feet of ducting from the wall); scraped Liquid Nails off a
>>> wall (which will be ongoing for a while) where some damnfool whose
>>> initials are C.H. installed Formica laminate as a backsplash; tore up a
>>> little flooring where some previous owner put peel-and-stick tile over
>>> an old linoleum transition strip; scraped drywall mud off the wall from
>>> a previous owner's ignorance of painter's putty. In the afternoon I got
>>> my second COVID shot, then came home and picked up the winter's
>>> deadfall branches from the lawn and then mowed my two acres.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> Stop it. I'm getting tired just reading about it.

> Ok. Today I barely have the strength to type. I blame it on the vaccine.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

That is one of the possible side effects for many. Relax today.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 18, 2021 at 9:59:01 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> On 4/18/2021 5:41 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 8:15:26 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
> >> Graham wrote:

> >> Today was a very busy one. Replaced a ceiling fan, had sink PVC partly
> >> replaced, and the gardening done. All well as everything works.

> > You mean your handyman had a busy one.
> >
> > In the morning we prepped for relocating a heating duct (removed the
> > last couple feet of ducting from the wall); scraped Liquid Nails off a
> > wall (which will be ongoing for a while) where some damnfool whose
> > initials are C.H. installed Formica laminate as a backsplash; tore up a
> > little flooring where some previous owner put peel-and-stick tile over
> > an old linoleum transition strip; scraped drywall mud off the wall from
> > a previous owner's ignorance of painter's putty.

> That last comment makes no sense. Please explain.
> About scraping off drywall mud and ignorance of painter's putty.

Where the cabinets and countertop didn't quite meet the wall, they
filled the gap with crack filler rather than a little painter's putty.

The silver lining was that they used drying mud and not setting mud,
so water softens it up.

I had a similar experience in removing the popcorn texture from the
living room ceiling. Nobody had ever painted it, so a garden sprayer
full of water made it come down slick as a whistle. The texture
was sprayed right onto old (probably oil-based) paint, so the ceiling
didn't absorb the water.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, April 18, 2021 at 9:01:05 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> You mean your handyman had a busy one.
>>>
>>> In the morning we prepped for relocating a heating duct (removed the
>>> last couple feet of ducting from the wall); scraped Liquid Nails off a
>>> wall (which will be ongoing for a while) where some damnfool whose
>>> initials are C.H. installed Formica laminate as a backsplash; tore up a
>>> little flooring where some previous owner put peel-and-stick tile over
>>> an old linoleum transition strip; scraped drywall mud off the wall from
>>> a previous owner's ignorance of painter's putty. In the afternoon I got
>>> my second COVID shot, then came home and picked up the winter's
>>> deadfall branches from the lawn and then mowed my two acres.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> Stop it. I'm getting tired just reading about it.

> Ok. Today I barely have the strength to type. I blame it on the vaccine.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

For reals?

Quiche notbob General Cooking 46 02-06-2016 06:26 PM
Quiche [email protected] General Cooking 110 10-09-2006 07:07 PM
Q. re quiche Bronwyn General Cooking 16 12-07-2006 08:12 PM