Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Q. re quiche

Hi gang,
I have just made a zucchini and swiss cheese tart/quiche, and
substituted buttermilk for milk. Any of you done this before? Do you
think this will work OK and give a good flavour?

Looking forward to eating it shortly.

Cheers
Bronnie

OT. I won my"first" first blue ribbon prize for one of my quilts today
at a judged show (some of you have checked my work out on my webshot
album). I am totally overcome and elated!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10 Jul 2006 19:42:07 -0700, "Bronwyn" > wrote:

>OT. I won my"first" first blue ribbon prize for one of my quilts today
>at a judged show (some of you have checked my work out on my webshot
>album). I am totally overcome and elated!

Congratulations!!! I love beautiful, handmade quilts. Can we see a
picture?

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-07-11, Bronwyn > wrote:

> I have just made a zucchini and swiss cheese tart/quiche, and
> substituted buttermilk for milk. Any of you done this before? Do you
> think this will work OK and give a good flavour?

I don't see why not. Swiss is killer for quiche and I've never known
anything that buttermilk didn't improve. My only reservation would be
the zucks. You want little or no moisture in your veggie of choice. I
think grilled zukes would be ideal for quiche. The carmelization
would go great with the Swiss.

> OT. I won my"first" first blue ribbon prize for one of my quilts today

Way to go! Big fat conrats.

nb ...closet quilt admirer
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Mon 10 Jul 2006 07:42:07p, Bronwyn meant to say...

> Hi gang,
> I have just made a zucchini and swiss cheese tart/quiche, and
> substituted buttermilk for milk. Any of you done this before? Do you
> think this will work OK and give a good flavour?

If you like the tartness and saltiness of buttermilk, it should be
delicious. I love buttermilk! In fact, I make a buttermilk custard pie.

> Looking forward to eating it shortly.
>
> Cheers
> Bronnie
>
> OT. I won my"first" first blue ribbon prize for one of my quilts today
> at a judged show (some of you have checked my work out on my webshot
> album). I am totally overcome and elated!

Congratulations!!! Your detail work is amazing. Can't remember exactly
what it was I saw that you posted, but I remember being impressed.

--
Wayne Boatwright

'Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!' Another parroty
error!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On 10 Jul 2006 19:42:07 -0700, "Bronwyn" > wrote:
>
> >OT. I won my"first" first blue ribbon prize for one of my quilts today
> >at a judged show (some of you have checked my work out on my webshot
> >album). I am totally overcome and elated!

> Congratulations!!! I love beautiful, handmade quilts. Can we see a
> picture?
>
> Carol

thanks Carol! You can check it out at :
http://community.webshots.com/user/bronwynferrier
and go to the Quilt album. The winning quilt is "Dancing Lights in
Indigo Night" towards the end of the album (page 2).

Bronnie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> Oh pshaw, on Mon 10 Jul 2006 07:42:07p, Bronwyn meant to say...
>
> > Hi gang,
> > I have just made a zucchini and swiss cheese tart/quiche, and
> > substituted buttermilk for milk. Any of you done this before? Do you
> > think this will work OK and give a good flavour?

> If you like the tartness and saltiness of buttermilk, it should be
> delicious. I love buttermilk! In fact, I make a buttermilk custard pie.
>
> > Looking forward to eating it shortly.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Bronnie
> >
> > OT. I won my"first" first blue ribbon prize for one of my quilts today
> > at a judged show (some of you have checked my work out on my webshot
> > album). I am totally overcome and elated!

> Congratulations!!! Your detail work is amazing. Can't remember exactly
> what it was I saw that you posted, but I remember being impressed.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright

Thanks Wayne. I'm pretty chuffed as the English would say!

The quiche tasted great. Enjoyed it for lunch with salad greens.

Bron

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> On 2006-07-11, Bronwyn > wrote:
>
> > I have just made a zucchini and swiss cheese tart/quiche, and
> > substituted buttermilk for milk. Any of you done this before? Do you
> > think this will work OK and give a good flavour?

> I don't see why not. Swiss is killer for quiche and I've never known
> anything that buttermilk didn't improve. My only reservation would be
> the zucks. You want little or no moisture in your veggie of choice. I
> think grilled zukes would be ideal for quiche. The carmelization
> would go great with the Swiss.
>

> > OT. I won my"first" first blue ribbon prize for one of my quilts today

> Way to go! Big fat conrats.
>
> nb ...closet quilt admirer

Thanks Bob. I pan friedthe zukes in olly oil (a small qty) and it
worked out great. Loved the Swiss cheese flavour, nutty and yum.

Bron

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10 Jul 2006 22:33:20 -0700, "Bronwyn" > wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>> On 10 Jul 2006 19:42:07 -0700, "Bronwyn" > wrote:
>>
>> >OT. I won my"first" first blue ribbon prize for one of my quilts today
>> >at a judged show (some of you have checked my work out on my webshot
>> >album). I am totally overcome and elated!

>> Congratulations!!! I love beautiful, handmade quilts. Can we see a
>> picture?

>thanks Carol! You can check it out at :
>http://community.webshots.com/user/bronwynferrier
>and go to the Quilt album. The winning quilt is "Dancing Lights in
>Indigo Night" towards the end of the album (page 2).

You do lovely work. And so intricate! You deserve that ribbon!

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bronwyn wrote:

> thanks Carol! You can check it out at :
> http://community.webshots.com/user/bronwynferrier
> and go to the Quilt album. The winning quilt is "Dancing Lights in
> Indigo Night" towards the end of the album (page 2).

That is absolutely stunning. You CLEARLY deserved the ribbon.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-07-11, Bronwyn > wrote:

> and go to the Quilt album. The winning quilt is "Dancing Lights in
> Indigo Night" towards the end of the album (page 2).

What beautiful quilts, Bronwyn. I specially like the free-form examples
like Gold Coast, Iso Sampler, and Kyoto Garden. Just gorgeous. But,
even your unique take on more traditional designs like Wedding Rings
is intriguing. Lovely. I know you are rightfully proud.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Indigo Noghts is an awesome display of composition and delightful use of
colour...

Is it, bychance, for sale?
(If so, I doubt I could afford it...)

Beauty...

~R~

Posted to rec.food.cooking

~xy~ wrote:
> Indigo Noghts is an awesome display of composition and delightful use of
> colour...
>
> Is it, bychance, for sale?
> (If so, I doubt I could afford it...)
>
> Beauty...
>
> ~R~

Thanks R!

Well, I can always be persuaded to sell; quilts are notoriously
difficult to price because of the hours of work in them and determining
a market value. A fair "investment" for this one would be around
A$2,000. Art quilts can attract alot of interest because they look
fantastic on a wall. The difficulty is actually finding the buyers -
they are out there, but not always accessible....
In the US it is easier because the quilting culture has been very
defined over the years. This is not the case in Australia.
This quilt is 126cm square.

Thanks for the compliment though, that means just as much to me as an
offer.

Bronwyn

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bronwyn wrote:
> ~xy~ wrote:
>
>> Indigo Noghts is an awesome display of composition and delightful use of
>> colour...
>>
>> Is it, bychance, for sale?
>> (If so, I doubt I could afford it...)
>>
>> Beauty...
>>
>> ~R~
>>

> Thanks R!
>
> Well, I can always be persuaded to sell; quilts are notoriously
> difficult to price because of the hours of work in them and determining
> a market value. A fair "investment" for this one would be around
> A$2,000. Art quilts can attract alot of interest because they look
> fantastic on a wall. The difficulty is actually finding the buyers -
> they are out there, but not always accessible....
> In the US it is easier because the quilting culture has been very
> defined over the years. This is not the case in Australia.
> This quilt is 126cm square.
>
> Thanks for the compliment though, that means just as much to me as an
> offer.
>
> Bronwyn

Is it too late to say that I think your quilts are just gorgeous! I
particularly like the Isometric Sampler - you really are artistic.

I've never fancied quilting myself, it's too much like hard work :-)

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10 Jul 2006 22:33:20 -0700, "Bronwyn" > wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>> On 10 Jul 2006 19:42:07 -0700, "Bronwyn" > wrote:
>>
>> >OT. I won my"first" first blue ribbon prize for one of my quilts today
>> >at a judged show (some of you have checked my work out on my webshot
>> >album). I am totally overcome and elated!

>> Congratulations!!! I love beautiful, handmade quilts. Can we see a
>> picture?
>>
>> Carol

>thanks Carol! You can check it out at :
>http://community.webshots.com/user/bronwynferrier
>and go to the Quilt album. The winning quilt is "Dancing Lights in
>Indigo Night" towards the end of the album (page 2).

WOW! You are amazing. Your work is QUITE lovely!!!

TammyM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thanks Tammy, that's kind of you. B.

TammyM wrote:
> On 10 Jul 2006 22:33:20 -0700, "Bronwyn" > wrote:
>

> WOW! You are amazing. Your work is QUITE lovely!!!
>
> TammyM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default R Q. re quiche

> Then again, I had similar comments about good cooking - all that hard
> work and then it is consumed!

And by the next day it all turns into..... well, y'all know...
(F. Zappa was much more explicit...)

~R~

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"~xy~" > wrote in message
> > Then again, I had similar comments about good cooking - all that hard
> > work and then it is consumed!

> And by the next day it all turns into..... well, y'all know...
> (F. Zappa was much more explicit...)

YAY! A Saint Zappa fan!

Quiche notbob General Cooking 46 02-06-2016 06:26 PM
TAB quiche Paul M. Cook General Cooking 10 01-12-2013 10:30 PM
Quiche [email protected] General Cooking 110 10-09-2006 07:07 PM