Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Quiche

I finally made one.

I've been making 'em, fer yrs, but am I getting burnt out on cooking?

My last effort, a couple weeks ago, I got so un-enthused about it, I
let the ingredients go bad. Really. Sauteed mushrooms and grn onions
will not keep. They dry out ina couple days.

Now, I gots some bad pecorino cheese, which I'm returning to Safeway
fer a full refund. The quiche turned out OK, but I can taste that bad
cheese. Bummer. 8|

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 29 May 2016 18:27:19 GMT, notbob > wrote:

> I getting burnt out on cooking?

how far is the nearest McDonalds? You can get a McDouble and fries
for less than five bucks :-)

William

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On 29 May 2016 18:27:19 GMT, notbob wrote:
>
>> I finally made one.
>>
>> I've been making 'em, fer yrs, but am I getting burnt out on cooking?
>>
>> My last effort, a couple weeks ago, I got so un-enthused about it, I
>> let the ingredients go bad. Really. Sauteed mushrooms and grn onions
>> will not keep. They dry out ina couple days.

> Don't you cover your food? They don't dry out. I keep sauteed
> mushrooms in the fridge for 7-9 days all the time.
>
> I've seen houses that just put food on plates into the fridge without
> any overwrap or cover and it squicks me out <shiver>.

Really? Then prepare to get squicked by these ads!

https://www.appliancesonline.com.au/...ge-fridge-ads/

I did put two really large, baked sweet potatoes in the fridge awhile ago. I
half ass covered them with foil sheets. Wasn't quite enough to cover the
whole thing but I will be using them tomorrow and they had the skin on them.
I might turn half of a melon upside down in a bowl. And if I know it is
something that my husband will likely be eating within the next hour, like a
slice of pizza, then I'll throw in a cheap bread bag. Other than that, it
gets covered.

I don't know how long mushrooms would keep but I don't think they are safe
at the 7 day mark. As for green onions, I have not had them dry out once
cooked, but the texture isn't very good if they sit in the fridge once
cooked. I've had leftover Asian food with them in it and they just go kind
of icky.

If I am making something that uses green onion and I know there will be
leftovers I add the onion as I dish the food up. Then I add more to the
leftovers after it is heated.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On 29 May 2016 18:27:19 GMT, notbob wrote:
>>
>>> I finally made one.
>>>
>>> I've been making 'em, fer yrs, but am I getting burnt out on cooking?
>>>
>>> My last effort, a couple weeks ago, I got so un-enthused about it, I
>>> let the ingredients go bad. Really. Sauteed mushrooms and grn onions
>>> will not keep. They dry out ina couple days.

>> Don't you cover your food? They don't dry out. I keep sauteed
>> mushrooms in the fridge for 7-9 days all the time.
>>
>> I've seen houses that just put food on plates into the fridge without
>> any overwrap or cover and it squicks me out <shiver>.

> Really? Then prepare to get squicked by these ads!
>
> https://www.appliancesonline.com.au/...ge-fridge-ads/

LOL Wonderful)) Incidentally, does anyone here have a problem with 'hams
building up'??? <g> and as for that lady in the oven advert ...she would
need to be very careful cooking in THAT dress))

Thanks for that link

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 30 May 2016 09:46:27 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

> Sauteed mushrooms and grn onions

Vintage ads don't interest me. Nobody called him out about the
statement above! Doesn't he believe in covered containers?

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 30 May 2016 07:23:56 -0400 (EDT), Cheryl
> wrote:

> notbob > Wrote in message:
> > I finally made one.
> >
> > I've been making 'em, fer yrs, but am I getting burnt out on cooking?
> >
> > My last effort, a couple weeks ago, I got so un-enthused about it, I
> > let the ingredients go bad. Really. Sauteed mushrooms and grn onions
> > will not keep. They dry out ina couple days.
> >
> > Now, I gots some bad pecorino cheese, which I'm returning to Safeway
> > fer a full refund. The quiche turned out OK, but I can taste that bad
> > cheese. Bummer. 8|
> >
> > nb
> >

> My favorite quiche is very simple. Just eggs, cheese and either ham or bacon but I suspect you have problems not related to simple. I don't like mushrooms and the green onions would be a garnish.

I love mushrooms, but not in a quiche.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 30 May 2016 09:46:27 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>> Sauteed mushrooms and grn onions

> Vintage ads don't interest me. Nobody called him out about the
> statement above! Doesn't he believe in covered containers?

Umm I didn't write that

And .. if you say follow the chevrons, there isn't anybody else there ...
<g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-05-29, William > wrote:

> how far is the nearest McDonalds? You can get a McDouble and fries
> for less than five bucks :-)

I usta get a burger, fries, and a Coke .....AND change!.... from
ONE dollar!

Sadly, the quality and prices have gone in opposite directions. I
haven't eaten at a McD's in years.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 30 May 2016 16:17:50 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Mon, 30 May 2016 09:46:27 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Sauteed mushrooms and grn onions

> > Vintage ads don't interest me. Nobody called him out about the
> > statement above! Doesn't he believe in covered containers?

> Umm I didn't write that
>
> And .. if you say follow the chevrons, there isn't anybody else there ...
> <g>

I said "him". He is the OP, Notbob.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 30 May 2016 16:17:50 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message

>> > Vintage ads don't interest me. Nobody called him out about the
>> > statement above! Doesn't he believe in covered containers?

>> Umm I didn't write that
>>
>> And .. if you say follow the chevrons, there isn't anybody else there ...
>> <g>

> I said "him". He is the OP, Notbob.

Then it might have been nice had you included his nick in the list.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 30 May 2016 08:00:08 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Mon, 30 May 2016 07:23:56 -0400 (EDT), Cheryl
> wrote:
>
>> notbob > Wrote in message:
>> > I finally made one.
>> >
>> > I've been making 'em, fer yrs, but am I getting burnt out on cooking?
>> >
>> > My last effort, a couple weeks ago, I got so un-enthused about it, I
>> > let the ingredients go bad. Really. Sauteed mushrooms and grn onions
>> > will not keep. They dry out ina couple days.
>> >
>> > Now, I gots some bad pecorino cheese, which I'm returning to Safeway
>> > fer a full refund. The quiche turned out OK, but I can taste that bad
>> > cheese. Bummer. 8|
>> >
>> > nb
>> >

>> My favorite quiche is very simple. Just eggs, cheese and either ham or bacon but I suspect you have problems not related to simple. I don't like mushrooms and the green onions would be a garnish.

>I love mushrooms, but not in a quiche.

Mushrooms and eggs are a divine combo. Mushrooms and anything are a
divine combo.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2016-05-29, William > wrote:
>>
>> how far is the nearest McDonalds? You can get a McDouble and fries
>> for less than five bucks :-)

> I usta get a burger, fries, and a Coke .....AND change!.... from
> ONE dollar!
>
> Sadly, the quality and prices have gone in opposite directions. I
> haven't eaten at a McD's in years.
>
> nb

If you haven't eaten there for years how would you know about the quality?

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 30/05/2016 11:55 AM, Janet B wrote:
> On Mon, 30 May 2016 08:00:08 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 30 May 2016 07:23:56 -0400 (EDT), Cheryl
>> > wrote:

>>> My favorite quiche is very simple. Just eggs, cheese and either ham or bacon but I suspect you have problems not related to simple. I don't like mushrooms and the green onions would be a garnish.

>> I love mushrooms, but not in a quiche.

> Mushrooms and eggs are a divine combo. Mushrooms and anything are a
> divine combo.
> Janet US

My son and d-i-l always make a mushroom onion mixture, sautéed in oil,
when I dine there, like last night. It goes nicely with burgers.
Graham
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 30 May 2016 13:49:31 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Mon, 30 May 2016 11:55:36 -0600, Janet B wrote:
>
>> Mushrooms and eggs are a divine combo. Mushrooms and anything are a
>> divine combo.

>(You knew this was coming)
>
>Cherry and mushroom ice cream... Mushroom cheesecake...
>
>=-sw

I almost wrote in mushroom chocolate cake
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 30/05/2016 2:16 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 30 May 2016 13:47:01 -0600, Janet B wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 30 May 2016 13:49:31 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>> (You knew this was coming)
>>>
>>> Cherry and mushroom ice cream... Mushroom cheesecake...

>> I almost wrote in mushroom chocolate cake

> I dd have a hard time thinking of anything *savory* where mushrooms
> should be forbidden and the only thing I could think of was lamb and
> practically any seafood. I'm sure I could find a recipe for salmon
> and mushroom, though. It's the Internet, after all.
>
> -sw

Mushrooms are a significant ingredient in the seafood lasagne I make
every xmas.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> > > Don't you cover your food? They don't dry out. I keep sauteed
> > > mushrooms in the fridge for 7-9 days all the time.
> > >
> > > I've seen houses that just put food on plates into the fridge
> > > without any overwrap or cover and it squicks me out <shiver>.

> > Really? Then prepare to get squicked by these ads!
> >
> > https://www.appliancesonline.com.au/...eezers/what-ca
> > n-we-learn-from-vintage-fridge-ads/

> LOL Wonderful)) Incidentally, does anyone here have a problem with
> 'hams building up'??? <g> and as for that lady in the oven advert
> ...she would need to be very careful cooking in THAT dress))
>
> Thanks for that link

Was a fun read but which one of the ladies in a dress hazard did you
mean? There were sevral!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/30/2016 4:16 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

> I dd have a hard time thinking of anything *savory* where mushrooms
> should be forbidden and the only thing I could think of was lamb and
> practically any seafood. I'm sure I could find a recipe for salmon
> and mushroom, though. It's the Internet, after all.

I do salmon with a mushroom, shallot, walnut, and cream sauce.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-05-30, S Viemeister > wrote:

> I do salmon with a mushroom, shallot, walnut, and cream sauce.

Try salmon and asparagus, a perfect pairing. Either a quiche or pan
fried salmon w/ butter/asparagus sauce. Both are to die for!

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Mon, 30 May 2016 13:47:01 -0600, Janet B wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 30 May 2016 13:49:31 -0500, Sqwertz
> > > wrote:

> are a >>> divine combo.
> > >
> > > (You knew this was coming)
> > >
> > > Cherry and mushroom ice cream... Mushroom cheesecake...

> > I almost wrote in mushroom chocolate cake

> I dd have a hard time thinking of anything savory where mushrooms
> should be forbidden and the only thing I could think of was lamb and
> practically any seafood. I'm sure I could find a recipe for salmon
> and mushroom, though. It's the Internet, after all.
>
> -sw

Actually, we toss mushrooms in a savory curry gravy with lamb.
Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 30 May 2016 11:30:18 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

> "notbob" > wrote in message
> > On 2016-05-29, William > wrote:
> >>
> >> how far is the nearest McDonalds? You can get a McDouble and fries
> >> for less than five bucks :-)

> > I usta get a burger, fries, and a Coke .....AND change!.... from
> > ONE dollar!
> >
> > Sadly, the quality and prices have gone in opposite directions. I
> > haven't eaten at a McD's in years.
> >
> > nb

> If you haven't eaten there for years how would you know about the quality?

Because he says so, and of course he's always right.

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On Mon, 30 May 2016 08:00:08 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 30 May 2016 07:23:56 -0400 (EDT), Cheryl
> > wrote:

> >> My favorite quiche is very simple. Just eggs, cheese and either ham or bacon but I suspect you have problems not related to simple. I don't like mushrooms and the green onions would be a garnish.

> >I love mushrooms, but not in a quiche.

> Mushrooms and eggs are a divine combo. Mushrooms and anything are a
> divine combo.

I don't like mushrooms and egg. Joe's Special topped with mushrooms
is a classic around here. Nope. Don't like it.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 30 May 2016 19:18:05 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

> Actually, we toss mushrooms in a savory curry gravy with lamb.
> Carol

I haven't met a gravy yet that mushrooms wouldn't make even better.
Not sure about curry in gravy though.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> > Really? Then prepare to get squicked by these ads!
>> >
>> > https://www.appliancesonline.com.au/...eezers/what-ca
>> > n-we-learn-from-vintage-fridge-ads/

>> LOL Wonderful)) Incidentally, does anyone here have a problem with
>> 'hams building up'??? <g> and as for that lady in the oven advert
>> ...she would need to be very careful cooking in THAT dress))
>>
>> Thanks for that link

> Was a fun read but which one of the ladies in a dress hazard did you
> mean? There were sevral!

That dress? The oven advert with a woman lounging on a stool with a very
plunging neckline.

The thing about the hams made me chuckle. The fridge adverts showing them
with several hams inside and "Don't let your hams build up"

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"S Viemeister" > wrote in message
> On 5/30/2016 4:16 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> I dd have a hard time thinking of anything *savory* where mushrooms
>> should be forbidden and the only thing I could think of was lamb and
>> practically any seafood. I'm sure I could find a recipe for salmon
>> and mushroom, though. It's the Internet, after all.
>>

> I do salmon with a mushroom, shallot, walnut, and cream sauce.

Yum! I am on my way but please leave the walnuts out of my portion <g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/31/2016 4:34 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "S Viemeister" > wrote in message
>> On 5/30/2016 4:16 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>>> I dd have a hard time thinking of anything *savory* where mushrooms
>>> should be forbidden and the only thing I could think of was lamb and
>>> practically any seafood. I'm sure I could find a recipe for salmon
>>> and mushroom, though. It's the Internet, after all.
>>>

>> I do salmon with a mushroom, shallot, walnut, and cream sauce.

> Yum! I am on my way but please leave the walnuts out of my portion <g>

More for me, then...
Is walnut _oil_ OK? I use a splash of walnut oil and a bit of butter
when I cook the salmon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"S Viemeister" > wrote in message
> On 5/31/2016 4:34 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I do salmon with a mushroom, shallot, walnut, and cream sauce.

>> Yum! I am on my way but please leave the walnuts out of my portion <g>
>>

> More for me, then...
> Is walnut _oil_ OK? I use a splash of walnut oil and a bit of butter when
> I cook the salmon.

Oh yes Just the nuts I am not keen on. All the salmon here has been
going to the dog <g> She sees a dermatologist and he prescribed Salmon and
potato kibble to check out if it was food allergies. I thought that was
awfully boring so made some fresh. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending
on how you see it) she couldn't take it and it gave her the runs! Just an
aside you understand ... )

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> The thing about the hams made me chuckle. The fridge adverts showing them
> with several hams inside and "Don't let your hams build up"

Yes, that was funny.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>
>> The thing about the hams made me chuckle. The fridge adverts showing
>> them with several hams inside and "Don't let your hams build up"

> Yes, that was funny.

A question to all ... how many hams do you have 'building up' in your
fridge?

<g>

Ahh changed days, eh?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" wrote in message ...

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>
>> The thing about the hams made me chuckle. The fridge adverts showing
>> them with several hams inside and "Don't let your hams build up"

> Yes, that was funny.

A question to all ... how many hams do you have 'building up' in your
fridge?

<g>

Ahh changed days, eh?

I have one now, since it will soon outdate it was reduced in price.

Cheri

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Ophelia" wrote in message ...
>

> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>
>>> The thing about the hams made me chuckle. The fridge adverts showing
>>> them with several hams inside and "Don't let your hams build up"

>> Yes, that was funny.

> A question to all ... how many hams do you have 'building up' in your
> fridge?
>
> <g>
>
> Ahh changed days, eh?
>
> I have one now, since it will soon outdate it was reduced in price.

But, but what about all the rest???

;-)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 31 May 2016 18:23:23 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Cheri" > wrote in message
>> "Ophelia" wrote in message ...

>>> Yes, that was funny.

>> A question to all ... how many hams do you have 'building up' in your
>> fridge?
>>
>> <g>
>>
>> Ahh changed days, eh?
>>
>> I have one now, since it will soon outdate it was reduced in price.

>But, but what about all the rest???

I don't do ham in warm weather, I don't light my oven in warm weather,
It's 83 degrees outside now, once the AC is on I don't use the oven.
I have a pound of ham from the deli... does canned Spam count?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 31 May 2016 18:23:23 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> A question to all ... how many hams do you have 'building up' in your
>>> fridge?
>>>
>>> <g>
>>>
>>> Ahh changed days, eh?
>>>
>>> I have one now, since it will soon outdate it was reduced in price.

>>But, but what about all the rest???

> I don't do ham in warm weather, I don't light my oven in warm weather,
> It's 83 degrees outside now, once the AC is on I don't use the oven.
> I have a pound of ham from the deli... does canned Spam count?

LOL who knows .... not me)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "cshenk" > wrote in message

> https://www.appliancesonline.com.au/...eezers/what-ca
> > >

> > > LOL Wonderful)) Incidentally, does anyone here have a problem
> > > with
> >>'hams building up'??? <g> and as for that lady in the oven advert
> > > ...she would need to be very careful cooking in THAT dress))
> > >
> > > Thanks for that link

> > Was a fun read but which one of the ladies in a dress hazard did you
> > mean? There were sevral!

> That dress? The oven advert with a woman lounging on a stool with a
> very plunging neckline.
>

> The thing about the hams made me chuckle. The fridge adverts showing
> them with several hams inside and "Don't let your hams build up"

Ok! I was catching on the flouncy skirt by the oven.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Mon, 30 May 2016 19:18:05 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
> > Actually, we toss mushrooms in a savory curry gravy with lamb.
> > Carol
> >

> I haven't met a gravy yet that mushrooms wouldn't make even better.
> Not sure about curry in gravy though.

It seems to be india and Japan to me but they use a brown gravy and add
lots of various curry type blends to them. I love it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 31 May 2016 19:58:55 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

> sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
> > On Mon, 30 May 2016 19:18:05 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
> >
> > > Actually, we toss mushrooms in a savory curry gravy with lamb.
> > > Carol
> > >

> > I haven't met a gravy yet that mushrooms wouldn't make even better.
> > Not sure about curry in gravy though.

> It seems to be india and Japan to me but they use a brown gravy and add
> lots of various curry type blends to them. I love it.

I'm having a hard time imagining anything I cook that would benefit
from the addition of curry flavoring to the gravy. Curry doesn't
scream gravy to me anyway, it says "sauce".

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Don't you cover your food? They don't dry out. I keep sauteed
>>> mushrooms in the fridge for 7-9 days all the time.
>>>
>>> I've seen houses that just put food on plates into the fridge without
>>> any overwrap or cover and it squicks me out <shiver>.

>> Really? Then prepare to get squicked by these ads!
>>
>> https://www.appliancesonline.com.au/...ge-fridge-ads/

> LOL Wonderful)) Incidentally, does anyone here have a problem with
> 'hams building up'??? <g> and as for that lady in the oven advert ...she
> would need to be very careful cooking in THAT dress))
>
> Thanks for that link

Yeah. Here family must really love ham!

I can remember being made to wear poofy skirted dresses with stiff and
scratchy crinolines built in when I was little. Although they were fun to
twirl around in, I otherwise hated them. Thankfully that fad died quickly.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 30 May 2016 09:46:27 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>> Sauteed mushrooms and grn onions

> Vintage ads don't interest me. Nobody called him out about the
> statement above! Doesn't he believe in covered containers?

Well, I like them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>
>>> The thing about the hams made me chuckle. The fridge adverts showing
>>> them with several hams inside and "Don't let your hams build up"

>> Yes, that was funny.

> A question to all ... how many hams do you have 'building up' in your
> fridge?
>
> <g>
>
> Ahh changed days, eh?

I currently have one ham steak in the freezer a well as perhaps half of a
leftover one. And a package of thinly sliced ham that was purchased for our
guest.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> Yes, that was funny.

>> A question to all ... how many hams do you have 'building up' in your
>> fridge?
>>
>> <g>
>>
>> Ahh changed days, eh?

> I currently have one ham steak in the freezer a well as perhaps half of a
> leftover one. And a package of thinly sliced ham that was purchased for
> our guest.

What? You mean you don't have 4 whole hams in your fridge???? Sheeesh some
people ...

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Tue, 31 May 2016 19:58:55 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
> > sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> > > I haven't met a gravy yet that mushrooms wouldn't make even
> > > better. Not sure about curry in gravy though.

> > It seems to be india and Japan to me but they use a brown gravy and
> > add lots of various curry type blends to them. I love it.

> I'm having a hard time imagining anything I cook that would benefit
> from the addition of curry flavoring to the gravy. Curry doesn't
> scream gravy to me anyway, it says "sauce".

Thats ok! We do not all cook the same.

Imagine this: 2 cups of a brown gravy (any type you make) then add 2-4
Teaspoons curry mix (type of choice, I have probably 10 curry mixes
here) and let it meld. Pour over rice or cook a suitable meat in the
gravy then pour over rice.

I *think* I learned that In Hawaii with their fusion cookery but not
sure.