Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Summer Grilling

My old BBQ was starting show its age. The doors had broken years ago. It
had very uneven heat. When I cleaned it out the other day I noted that
two of the three burners were cracked and the other had a lot of holes
plugged with metal that was flaking from the inside. The grills were
flaking badly. Time for a new one. I went out yesterday and bought a
nice Weber propane grill.

Several people seemed surprised that I was going to assemble it myself
rather than have the store do it. When I got home, unloaded the box and
started unpacking it I began to think that would have been a good idea.
Holy cow there were a lot of parts, and they were packed for saving
space, not in any sort of order of assembly.

It took more than two hours. Once I got the base finished there were few
parts of confuse things and the instruction manual was starting to make
sense. I have to give Weber credit for making a product with parts
that fit together the way they are supposed to. Once I figured out
which part went where and the order to do them they lined up perfectly.

When it was all done I sparked her up for the smoke test. There was a
nice, even blue flame all the way along all three burners. I am looking
forward to cooking on this baby.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/14/19 8:37 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> My old BBQ was starting show its age. The doors had broken years ago. It
> had very uneven heat. When I cleaned it out the other day I noted that
> two of the three burners were cracked and the other had a lot of holes
> plugged with metal that was flaking from the inside.Â* The grills were
> flaking badly. Time for a new one.Â* I went out yesterday and bought a
> nice Weber propane grill.
>
> Several people seemed surprised that I was going to assemble it myself
> rather than have the store do it. When I got home, unloaded the box and
> started unpacking it I began to think that would have been a good idea.
> Holy cow there were a lot of parts, and they were packed for saving
> space, not in any sort of order of assembly.
>
> It took more than two hours. Once I got the base finished there were few
> parts of confuse things and the instruction manual was starting to make
> sense.Â* I have to give Weber credit for makingÂ* a product with parts
> that fit together the way they are supposed to.Â* Once I figured out
> which part went where and the orderÂ* to do them they lined up perfectly.
>
> When it was all done I sparked her up for the smoke test.Â* There was a
> nice, even blue flame all the way along all three burners.Â* I am looking
> forward to cooking on this baby.

Sounds like a nice grill. I would much prefer to assemble my own things
than have the store do it. You will at least know you used all the
parts and torqued everything adequately. I use a gas grill a lot. Mine
is hooked to NG. Yes Weber still makes nice products. The spark
mechanisms on all the grills I have owned don't last very long. I quit
replacing them and light with a match.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-14 10:58 a.m., jay wrote:

> Sounds like a nice grill.Â* I would much prefer to assemble my own things
> than have the store do it.Â* You will at least know you used all the
> parts and torqued everything adequately. I use a gas grill a lot.

I am too damned impulsive. I should have planned ahead and had a gas
line installed and got the NG model.
I have to confess that I had two parts left over. They are just rubber
caps that should fit on a protruding bolt somewhere. It started raining
again. I will check it out late on.

Mine
> is hooked to NG. Yes Weber still makes nice products.Â* The spark
> mechanisms on all the grills I have ownedÂ* don't last very long.Â* I quit
> replacing them and light with a match.

This one is battery powered so, in theory, you only have to replace
the battery. That didn't work on my old one. I did not that there was a
display rack of 5 packs of BBQ starters right next to the Weber and
Napolean demos.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 11:29:20 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-06-14 10:58 a.m., jay wrote:
>
>> Sounds like a nice grill.* I would much prefer to assemble my own things
>> than have the store do it.* You will at least know you used all the
>> parts and torqued everything adequately. I use a gas grill a lot.

>I am too damned impulsive. I should have planned ahead and had a gas
>line installed and got the NG model.

You can still hook it up to gas, a bulk propane tank, a fifty gallon
tank is small and will last all season, maybe two seasons, Ours is
connected to a 500 gallon tank that we use for heating and regular
cooking, but we have a 50 gallon tank that heats my small work shop.
The propane company comes to fill up the tanks and the propane costs
less than bringing your small tank to be filled.
Weber gas grills will operate on both natural gas or propane, there's
a kit to make the conversion.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 08:58:37 -0600, jay > wrote:

snip
>Sounds like a nice grill. I would much prefer to assemble my own things
>than have the store do it. You will at least know you used all the
>parts and torqued everything adequately. I use a gas grill a lot. Mine
>is hooked to NG. Yes Weber still makes nice products. The spark
>mechanisms on all the grills I have owned don't last very long. I quit
>replacing them and light with a match.

I thought they were all powered by a battery?
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/14/19 10:23 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 08:58:37 -0600, jay > wrote:
>
> snip
>> Sounds like a nice grill. I would much prefer to assemble my own things
>> than have the store do it. You will at least know you used all the
>> parts and torqued everything adequately. I use a gas grill a lot. Mine
>> is hooked to NG. Yes Weber still makes nice products. The spark
>> mechanisms on all the grills I have owned don't last very long. I quit
>> replacing them and light with a match.

> I thought they were all powered by a battery?
> Janet US

Mine doesn't have a battery. It works great for a while and it's a bit
pricey. The battery version may be better not sure it retrofits to my
grill though.

https://www.thebbqdepot.com/lynx-rot...ignitor-12004/

It has a 5 star review from one person that hasn't had it very long. If
you don't use them often they may last a really long time. I have gone
through several prior to switching to a match.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/14/2019 11:29 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

> I am too damned impulsive. I should have planned ahead and had a gas
> line installed and got the NG model.
> I have to confess that I had two parts left over. They are just rubber
> caps that should fit on a protruding bolt somewhere. It started raining
> again.Â* I will check it out late on.

When our house was being built I had the option of paying a ridiculous
price for the gas line. Glad I did. Especially when I do long time
things like a brisket overnight. No more changing tanks and hauling
them to a fill station.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-14 2:00 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 6/14/2019 11:29 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> I am too damned impulsive. I should have planned ahead and had a gas
>> line installed and got the NG model.
>> I have to confess that I had two parts left over. They are just rubber
>> caps that should fit on a protruding bolt somewhere. It started
>> raining again.Â* I will check it out late on.
>>

> When our house was being built I had the option of paying a ridiculous
> price for the gas line.Â* Glad I did.Â* Especially when I do long time
> things like a brisket overnight.Â* No more changing tanks and hauling
> them to a fill station.

When my brother moved into a house down the road he brought his old NG
BBQ and had a guy come to install the line to the patio. It was going
to cost a bundle to bring a line all the way from the main pipe to the
furnace. My brother suggested he could just tap into the line to the gas
fireplace on the wall just inside from the patio. The install said it
would not work because the line was not big enough to feed the furnace
and the BBQ. Brother pointed out that he uses the fireplace in the
winter and the BBQ in the summer and was pretty sure that he would not
be using both at the same time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-14 1:06 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-06-14 2:00 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 6/14/2019 11:29 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>>> I am too damned impulsive. I should have planned ahead and had a gas
>>> line installed and got the NG model.
>>> I have to confess that I had two parts left over. They are just
>>> rubber caps that should fit on a protruding bolt somewhere. It
>>> started raining again.Â* I will check it out late on.
>>>

>> When our house was being built I had the option of paying a ridiculous
>> price for the gas line.Â* Glad I did.Â* Especially when I do long time
>> things like a brisket overnight.Â* No more changing tanks and hauling
>> them to a fill station.

> When my brother moved into a house down the road he brought his old NG
> BBQ and had a guy come to install the line to the patio.Â* It was going
> to cost a bundle to bring a line all the way from the main pipe to the
> furnace. My brother suggested he could just tap into the line to the gas
> fireplace on the wallÂ* just inside from the patio. The install said it
> would not work because the line was not big enough to feed the furnace
> and the BBQ. Brother pointed out that he uses the fireplace in the
> winter and the BBQ in the summer and was pretty sure that he would not
> be using both at the same time.

A former neighbour of mine used his year-round, even when the
temperature was below -20C.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/14/2019 2:36 PM, jay wrote:
> On 6/14/19 11:46 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 6/14/2019 11:56 AM, wrote:
>>

>>> Weber gas grills will operate on both natural gas or propane, there's
>>> a kit to make the conversion.
>>>

>> No, there is not.
>>
>> Â*From the Weber web site:
>> Due to safety considerations, the complexity of the components
>> involved, as well as the level of disassembly required, we dont allow
>> conversions or provide conversion kits. Converting a Weber grill will
>> actually void the warranty on the unit and might create an unsafe
>> situation.
>>
>> We do sell most of our gas grill models in both a propane version and
>> a natural gas version, so if you're planning on purchasing a new
>> grill, please make sure that you're selecting the appropriate model
>> for the fuel type you plan on using.
>>
>> We are very sorry for any disappointment this may cause, but the
>> safety of our fans always comes first. You can read more about this in
>> our blog on the subject here.

> Pretty sure they used to.Â* It is a very easy conversion.Â* Lawyers
> probably made 'em quit.

Probably for good reason. Some folks simply aren't good DYI'ers. They
take shortcuts or don't read the directions. Or a bunch of
good-old-boys were drinking beer and someone said "Hey! Let's install
this conversion kit!

Ever heard of deep fried turkey? I used to see turkey fryers on sale at
the local hardware store. Taste of deep fried turkey aside... lawyers
got involved because idiots managed to set themselves on fire or burn
down their homes. The companies have to protect themselves from morons.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 10:37:18 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>My old BBQ was starting show its age. The doors had broken years ago. It
>had very uneven heat. When I cleaned it out the other day I noted that
>two of the three burners were cracked and the other had a lot of holes
>plugged with metal that was flaking from the inside. The grills were
>flaking badly. Time for a new one. I went out yesterday and bought a
>nice Weber propane grill.
>
>Several people seemed surprised that I was going to assemble it myself
>rather than have the store do it. When I got home, unloaded the box and
>started unpacking it I began to think that would have been a good idea.
>Holy cow there were a lot of parts, and they were packed for saving
>space, not in any sort of order of assembly.
>
>It took more than two hours. Once I got the base finished there were few
>parts of confuse things and the instruction manual was starting to make
>sense. I have to give Weber credit for making a product with parts
>that fit together the way they are supposed to. Once I figured out
>which part went where and the order to do them they lined up perfectly.
>
>When it was all done I sparked her up for the smoke test. There was a
>nice, even blue flame all the way along all three burners. I am looking
>forward to cooking on this baby.

Try putting an elliptical together or a treadmill. Now those things
are a pain in the ass. They must have been like 30 bolts and they are
all different sizes, but its not like one 2 inches and the others were
4 inches. I mean like 4 bolts would be 4 inches 4 others would be 4
1/4 inches then 4 others would be 4 1/2 inches and the instructions
did not specify sizes, it came shrink wrapped on a piece of cardboard
that was lettered. When you took the shrink wrap off all the bolts
just got mixed up. That was a pain in the ass!!

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 14, 2019 at 9:39:07 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 10:37:18 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
> >My old BBQ was starting show its age. The doors had broken years ago. It
> >had very uneven heat. When I cleaned it out the other day I noted that
> >two of the three burners were cracked and the other had a lot of holes
> >plugged with metal that was flaking from the inside. The grills were
> >flaking badly. Time for a new one. I went out yesterday and bought a
> >nice Weber propane grill.
> >
> >Several people seemed surprised that I was going to assemble it myself
> >rather than have the store do it. When I got home, unloaded the box and
> >started unpacking it I began to think that would have been a good idea.
> >Holy cow there were a lot of parts, and they were packed for saving
> >space, not in any sort of order of assembly.
> >
> >It took more than two hours. Once I got the base finished there were few
> >parts of confuse things and the instruction manual was starting to make
> >sense. I have to give Weber credit for making a product with parts
> >that fit together the way they are supposed to. Once I figured out
> >which part went where and the order to do them they lined up perfectly.
> >
> >When it was all done I sparked her up for the smoke test. There was a
> >nice, even blue flame all the way along all three burners. I am looking
> >forward to cooking on this baby.
> >

> Try putting an elliptical together or a treadmill. Now those things
> are a pain in the ass. They must have been like 30 bolts and they are
> all different sizes, but its not like one 2 inches and the others were
> 4 inches. I mean like 4 bolts would be 4 inches 4 others would be 4
> 1/4 inches then 4 others would be 4 1/2 inches and the instructions
> did not specify sizes, it came shrink wrapped on a piece of cardboard
> that was lettered. When you took the shrink wrap off all the bolts
> just got mixed up. That was a pain in the ass!!
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Some people enjoy putting stuff together. It's like doing a jigsaw puzzle except you get something useful when you're finished.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 14, 2019 at 9:34:37 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> I went out yesterday and bought a
> nice Weber propane grill.
>
> Several people seemed surprised that I was going to assemble it myself
> rather than have the store do it. When I got home, unloaded the box and
> started unpacking it I began to think that would have been a good idea.
> Holy cow there were a lot of parts, and they were packed for saving
> space, not in any sort of order of assembly.
>
> It took more than two hours.
>
> When it was all done I sparked her up for the smoke test. There was a
> nice, even blue flame all the way along all three burners. I am looking
> forward to cooking on this baby.

Let us know what you cook and how well your new toy performs.

I bought a Weber charcoal kettle grill about two years ago and it has a drop
down side table, wheels, lid holder, etc. Yep, about two hours to get every-
thing together and tightened, but it's a nice grill that should last me for
many, many years.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-14 3:14 p.m., graham wrote:
> On 2019-06-14 1:06 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2019-06-14 2:00 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>> When my brother moved into a house down the road he brought his old NG
>> BBQ and had a guy come to install the line to the patio.Â* It was going
>> to cost a bundle to bring a line all the way from the main pipe to the
>> furnace. My brother suggested he could just tap into the line to the
>> gas fireplace on the wallÂ* just inside from the patio. The install
>> said it would not work because the line was not big enough to feed the
>> furnace and the BBQ. Brother pointed out that he uses the fireplace in
>> the winter and the BBQ in the summer and was pretty sure that he would
>> not be using both at the same time.
>>

> A former neighbour of mine used his year-round, even when the
> temperature was below -20C.

That's hard core. I lay off BBQing when it drops below 0 and it is too
dark to see,
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-14 3:48 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, June 14, 2019 at 9:39:07 AM UTC-10,
>> --
>>
>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

> Some people enjoy putting stuff together. It's like doing a jigsaw puzzle except you get something useful when you're finished.

I have lots of things together. I worked in the toy and sports
department of a department store for a couple years and I ended up with
the job of assembling bicycles and 1960s style BBQs, which were
infinitely easier than this Weber. I have no problems with stuff from
Ikea. I have to say that this Weber had way more parts than anything I
ever assembled myself before. I also have to commend Weber for the
workmanship on the kit. The instructions were a bit of a challenge,
having no names on the parts, and no written instruction, just numbered
diagrams. Every part fit exactly as they were supposed to. Many of the
components had nuts affixed to the holes, reducing the need to extra
nuts and washers, and every one of them lined up perfectly.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I bought an item assembled. It was a 25 fee. I did not ask for assembled. I said "take it apart". Got my 25 back.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 14, 2019 at 11:21:06 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-06-14 3:48 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> > On Friday, June 14, 2019 at 9:39:07 AM UTC-10,
> >> --
> >>
> >> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

> > Some people enjoy putting stuff together. It's like doing a jigsaw puzzle except you get something useful when you're finished.
> >

> I have lots of things together. I worked in the toy and sports
> department of a department store for a couple years and I ended up with
> the job of assembling bicycles and 1960s style BBQs, which were
> infinitely easier than this Weber. I have no problems with stuff from
> Ikea. I have to say that this Weber had way more parts than anything I
> ever assembled myself before. I also have to commend Weber for the
> workmanship on the kit. The instructions were a bit of a challenge,
> having no names on the parts, and no written instruction, just numbered
> diagrams. Every part fit exactly as they were supposed to. Many of the
> components had nuts affixed to the holes, reducing the need to extra
> nuts and washers, and every one of them lined up perfectly.

I like to put stuff together without reading the instructions. Well, that's how it starts out anyway.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-14 5:08 p.m., wrote:
> On Friday, June 14, 2019 at 9:34:37 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>>

>> When it was all done I sparked her up for the smoke test. There was a
>> nice, even blue flame all the way along all three burners. I am looking
>> forward to cooking on this baby.
>>

> Let us know what you cook and how well your new toy performs.

Will do. It looks like that will be tomorrow. Tonight is the Lions Club
fish fry, and my wife is heading out the door right now to go into town
to pick up fish and chips. She bought a couple nice looking salmon
fillets that we will have tomorrow.

I hope I am hungry enough. Tomorrow is the annual Ride for Dads to raise
money for prostate cancer research and awareness. A few friends and I
are riding in that. I thought I had done well raising $400 but my buddy
Pierre has raised over $6000. He has been doing it for years.

> I bought a Weber charcoal kettle grill about two years ago and it has a drop
> down side table, wheels, lid holder, etc. Yep, about two hours to get every-
> thing together and tightened, but it's a nice grill that should last me for
> many, many years.

I hope that yours, as many parts as there may have been, was as easily
assembled as mine was. One problem I am glad I did not have to deal
with was parts that the instructions and diagrams said fit together but
didn't. There were a number of pieces with two, three or four spots for
small bolts to be screwed in, and every single one of them lined up
perfectly.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-14 5:24 p.m., Thomas wrote:
> I bought an item assembled. It was a 25 fee. I did not ask for assembled. I said "take it apart". Got my 25 back.

I lucked out on my previous BBQ purchase. It was on sale and the floor
model was the last one. Even better, they were about to make a delivery
somewhere near me so they threw it on the truck and it was delivered
about 10 minutes after I got home, and at no extra charge.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 13:46:51 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 6/14/2019 11:56 AM, wrote:
>

>> Weber gas grills will operate on both natural gas or propane, there's
>> a kit to make the conversion.
>>

>No, there is not.
>
> From the Weber web site:
>Due to safety considerations, the complexity of the components involved,
>as well as the level of disassembly required, we don’t allow conversions
>or provide conversion kits. Converting a Weber grill will actually void
>the warranty on the unit and might create an unsafe situation.
>
>We do sell most of our gas grill models in both a propane version and a
>natural gas version, so if you're planning on purchasing a new grill,
>please make sure that you're selecting the appropriate model for the
>fuel type you plan on using.
>
>We are very sorry for any disappointment this may cause, but the safety
>of our fans always comes first. You can read more about this in our blog
>on the subject here.

Weber sells a kit for converting to either natural gas or propane...
you get a whole new burner for like $50. I ordered one to convert my
last Weber from natural gas to propane, the propane company I use
installed the new burner and I still have the old burner stashed in
the basement if on th epossibility I may want to convert back to
natural gas. But I no longer have that grill, after 30 years the
stand rusted away.,,, Weber makes stainless steel grills wth SS
cabinets but their stands are still cheapo steel. And their grills
still have cheapo wheels ao are difficult to move sabout. Weber
engineers are feckless That they sell grills that need to be put
together by the consumer says a lot about how crappy/uneducated
their engineers are., There's no reason why a consumer should need
to assemble a grill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-14 5:38 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, June 14, 2019 at 11:21:06 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> I have lots of things together. I worked in the toy and sports
>> department of a department store for a couple years and I ended up
>> with the job of assembling bicycles and 1960s style BBQs, which
>> were infinitely easier than this Weber. I have no problems with
>> stuff from Ikea. I have to say that this Weber had way more parts
>> than anything I ever assembled myself before. I also have to
>> commend Weber for the workmanship on the kit. The instructions were
>> a bit of a challenge, having no names on the parts, and no written
>> instruction, just numbered diagrams. Every part fit exactly as they
>> were supposed to. Many of the components had nuts affixed to the
>> holes, reducing the need to extra nuts and washers, and every one
>> of them lined up perfectly.

> I like to put stuff together without reading the instructions. Well,
> that's how it starts out anyway.

I can usually put things together without the instructions. This BBQ
definitely needed instruction. It came in a huge cardboard box, and it
was jammed packed, packaged to save space, not to facilitate assembly.
The instructions were similar to those for Ikea products, entirely visual.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cms-remote-...20180830112038
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/14/19 3:38 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> I like to put stuff together without reading the instructions. Well, that's how it starts out anyway.

Yes! When all else fails ... then RTFM.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 14, 2019 at 4:59:12 PM UTC-5, graham wrote:

> A former client of mine has ridden in 10 cancer rides and raised ~$207k.

Yow!! That's GREAT!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Weber gas grills will operate on both natural gas or propane, there's
>>> a kit to make the conversion.
>>>

>>No, there is not.
>>
>> From the Weber web site:
>>Due to safety considerations, the complexity of the components involved,
>>as well as the level of disassembly required, we don’t allow conversions
>>or provide conversion kits. Converting a Weber grill will actually void
>>the warranty on the unit and might create an unsafe situation.
>>
>>We do sell most of our gas grill models in both a propane version and a
>>natural gas version, so if you're planning on purchasing a new grill,
>>please make sure that you're selecting the appropriate model for the
>>fuel type you plan on using.
>>
>>We are very sorry for any disappointment this may cause, but the safety
>>of our fans always comes first. You can read more about this in our blog
>>on the subject here.

>Weber sells a kit for converting to either natural gas or propane...
>you get a whole new burner for like $50. I ordered one to convert my
>last Weber from natural gas to propane, the propane company I use
>installed the new burner and I still have the old burner stashed in
>the basement if on th epossibility I may want to convert back to
>natural gas. But I no longer have that grill, after 30 years the
>stand rusted away.,,, Weber makes stainless steel grills wth SS
>cabinets but their stands are still cheapo steel. And their grills
>still have cheapo wheels ao are difficult to move sabout. Weber
>engineers are feckless That they sell grills that need to be put
>together by the consumer says a lot about how crappy/uneducated
>their engineers are., There's no reason why a consumer should need
>to assemble a grill

the price would go up considerably if the grills were shipped fully
assembled. Did you ever get your new Weber put together?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 12:36:40 -0600, jay > wrote:

>On 6/14/19 11:46 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 6/14/2019 11:56 AM, wrote:
>>

>>> Weber gas grills will operate on both natural gas or propane, there's
>>> a kit to make the conversion.
>>>

>> No, there is not.
>>
>> From the Weber web site:
>> Due to safety considerations, the complexity of the components involved,
>> as well as the level of disassembly required, we don’t allow conversions
>> or provide conversion kits. Converting a Weber grill will actually void
>> the warranty on the unit and might create an unsafe situation.
>>
>> We do sell most of our gas grill models in both a propane version and a
>> natural gas version, so if you're planning on purchasing a new grill,
>> please make sure that you're selecting the appropriate model for the
>> fuel type you plan on using.
>>
>> We are very sorry for any disappointment this may cause, but the safety
>> of our fans always comes first. You can read more about this in our blog
>> on the subject here.

>Pretty sure they used to. It is a very easy conversion. Lawyers
>probably made 'em quit.

At the same time I had my Weber converted from natural gas to propane
I had my GE kitchen stove converted from natural gas to propane.
The GE kitchen stove came with the converion kit in a brown envelope
taped to the rear of the stove, the propane company I use did the
conversion sixteen years ago, charged nothing Everything has been
working perfectly all this time. In fact the propane company checks
every year that everything is working properly and that there are no
leaks. I save about 25% on my heating bill by using propane instead
of oil.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> No, there is not.
>>>
>>> From the Weber web site:
>>> Due to safety considerations, the complexity of the components involved,
>>> as well as the level of disassembly required, we don’t allow conversions
>>> or provide conversion kits. Converting a Weber grill will actually void
>>> the warranty on the unit and might create an unsafe situation.
>>>
>>> We do sell most of our gas grill models in both a propane version and a
>>> natural gas version, so if you're planning on purchasing a new grill,
>>> please make sure that you're selecting the appropriate model for the
>>> fuel type you plan on using.
>>>
>>> We are very sorry for any disappointment this may cause, but the safety
>>> of our fans always comes first. You can read more about this in our blog
>>> on the subject here.

>>Pretty sure they used to. It is a very easy conversion. Lawyers
>>probably made 'em quit.

>At the same time I had my Weber converted from natural gas to propane
>I had my GE kitchen stove converted from natural gas to propane.
>The GE kitchen stove came with the converion kit in a brown envelope
>taped to the rear of the stove, the propane company I use did the
>conversion sixteen years ago, charged nothing Everything has been
>working perfectly all this time. In fact the propane company checks
>every year that everything is working properly and that there are no
>leaks. I save about 25% on my heating bill by using propane instead
>of oil.

Do you use that money to heat your basement?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Yum for the fish fry and yum for the salmon filets.

>>> $6,000???Â* Did he rob a bank?Â* Maybe he got some businesses to
>>> sponsor him?
>>>

>> A former client of mine has ridden in 10 cancer rides and raised ~$207k.

> Good for him.Â* It is hard to raise money for charities, even the ones
> that are worthy of support.Â* It is interesting to see how generous some
> people are.Â*Â* I was optimistic about friends and family donating
> $20-$30, but a couple went for $100.

Prostate cancer never raises as much as breast cancer, even though death
rates are not that different.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Weber gas grills will operate on both natural gas or propane, there's
>>> a kit to make the conversion.
>>>

>> No, there is not.
>>
>> From the Weber web site:
>> Due to safety considerations, the complexity of the components involved,
>> as well as the level of disassembly required, we dont allow conversions
>> or provide conversion kits. Converting a Weber grill will actually void
>> the warranty on the unit and might create an unsafe situation.
>>
>> We do sell most of our gas grill models in both a propane version and a
>> natural gas version, so if you're planning on purchasing a new grill,
>> please make sure that you're selecting the appropriate model for the
>> fuel type you plan on using.
>>
>> We are very sorry for any disappointment this may cause, but the safety
>> of our fans always comes first. You can read more about this in our blog
>> on the subject here.

> Weber sells a kit for converting to either natural gas or propane...
> you get a whole new burner for like $50. I ordered one to convert my
> last Weber from natural gas to propane, the propane company I use
> installed the new burner and I still have the old burner stashed in
> the basement

Maybe they did in the past, but they do not now.

People have asked, nothing available.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 14, 2019 at 7:00:11 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> At the same time I had my Weber converted from natural gas to propane
> I had my GE kitchen stove converted from natural gas to propane.
> The GE kitchen stove came with the converion kit in a brown envelope
> taped to the rear of the stove, the propane company I use did the
> conversion sixteen years ago, charged nothing Everything has been
> working perfectly all this time. In fact the propane company checks
> every year that everything is working properly and that there are no
> leaks. I save about 25% on my heating bill by using propane instead
> of oil.

If you are BBQing on anything except charcoal, soaked wood chips and FIRE they taste like PETROLEUM CRAP! :-(

I just polished off the last of my Weber Kettleized Porcine Intercostals! Damn I'm good at this! :-)

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-14 8:33 p.m., graham wrote:
> On 2019-06-14 4:44 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:

>> Good for him.Â* It is hard to raise money for charities, even the ones
>> that are worthy of support.Â* It is interesting to see how generous
>> some people are.Â*Â* I was optimistic about friends and family donating
>> $20-$30, but a couple went for $100.
>>

> Prostate cancer never raises as much as breast cancer, even though death
> rates are not that different.

One of the reasons my friend and I do this ride is that our fathers died
of prostate cancer. He has had some prostate issues himself. When he
was still flying he was taken off a plan by ambulance and hospitalized
far from home for more than a week. He also had an issue recently and
had to have a procedure for an enlarged prostate... not cancer..
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-14 7:42 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-06-14 8:33 p.m., graham wrote:
>> On 2019-06-14 4:44 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Good for him.Â* It is hard to raise money for charities, even the ones
>>> that are worthy of support.Â* It is interesting to see how generous
>>> some people are.Â*Â* I was optimistic about friends and family donating
>>> $20-$30, but a couple went for $100.
>>>

>> Prostate cancer never raises as much as breast cancer, even though
>> death rates are not that different.

> One of the reasons my friend and I do this ride is that our fathers died
> of prostate cancer.Â* He has had some prostate issues himself. When he
> was still flying he was taken off a plan by ambulance and hospitalized
> far from home for more than a week.Â* He also had an issue recently and
> had to have a procedure for an enlarged prostate... not cancer..

My cancerous prostate was removed nearly 22 years ago. At least I don't
have to put up with the dreaded DRE during my annual physical:-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Pretty sure they used to. It is a very easy conversion. Lawyers
>>> probably made 'em quit.

>> At the same time I had my Weber converted from natural gas to propane
>> I had my GE kitchen stove converted from natural gas to propane.
>> The GE kitchen stove came with the converion kit in a brown envelope
>> taped to the rear of the stove, the propane company I use did the
>> conversion sixteen years ago, charged nothing Everything has been
>> working perfectly all this time. In fact the propane company checks
>> every year that everything is working properly and that there are no
>> leaks. I save about 25% on my heating bill by using propane instead
>> of oil.

> Do you use that money to heat your basement?

Nope, he uses that savings toward the crystal palace bill.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Friday, June 14, 2019 at 7:00:11 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>> At the same time I had my Weber converted from natural gas to propane
>> I had my GE kitchen stove converted from natural gas to propane.
>> The GE kitchen stove came with the converion kit in a brown envelope
>> taped to the rear of the stove, the propane company I use did the
>> conversion sixteen years ago, charged nothing Everything has been
>> working perfectly all this time. In fact the propane company checks
>> every year that everything is working properly and that there are no
>> leaks. I save about 25% on my heating bill by using propane instead
>> of oil.

> If you are BBQing on anything except charcoal, soaked wood chips and FIRE they taste like PETROLEUM CRAP! :-(
>
> I just polished off the last of my Weber Kettleized Porcine Intercostals! Damn I'm good at this! :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

There's no need to soak wood chips or chunks. It does nothing good for
smoking. Are you using real lump charcoal or briquettes?