Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Summer Grilling

My old BBQ was starting show its age. The doors had broken years ago. It
had very uneven heat. When I cleaned it out the other day I noted that
two of the three burners were cracked and the other had a lot of holes
plugged with metal that was flaking from the inside. The grills were
flaking badly. Time for a new one. I went out yesterday and bought a
nice Weber propane grill.

Several people seemed surprised that I was going to assemble it myself
rather than have the store do it. When I got home, unloaded the box and
started unpacking it I began to think that would have been a good idea.
Holy cow there were a lot of parts, and they were packed for saving
space, not in any sort of order of assembly.

It took more than two hours. Once I got the base finished there were few
parts of confuse things and the instruction manual was starting to make
sense. I have to give Weber credit for making a product with parts
that fit together the way they are supposed to. Once I figured out
which part went where and the order to do them they lined up perfectly.

When it was all done I sparked her up for the smoke test. There was a
nice, even blue flame all the way along all three burners. I am looking
forward to cooking on this baby.