Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay[_352_] jay[_352_] is offline

Default Summer Grilling

On 6/14/19 8:37 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> My old BBQ was starting show its age. The doors had broken years ago. It
> had very uneven heat. When I cleaned it out the other day I noted that
> two of the three burners were cracked and the other had a lot of holes
> plugged with metal that was flaking from the inside.Â* The grills were
> flaking badly. Time for a new one.Â* I went out yesterday and bought a
> nice Weber propane grill.
>
> Several people seemed surprised that I was going to assemble it myself
> rather than have the store do it. When I got home, unloaded the box and
> started unpacking it I began to think that would have been a good idea.
> Holy cow there were a lot of parts, and they were packed for saving
> space, not in any sort of order of assembly.
>
> It took more than two hours. Once I got the base finished there were few
> parts of confuse things and the instruction manual was starting to make
> sense.Â* I have to give Weber credit for makingÂ* a product with parts
> that fit together the way they are supposed to.Â* Once I figured out
> which part went where and the orderÂ* to do them they lined up perfectly.
>
> When it was all done I sparked her up for the smoke test.Â* There was a
> nice, even blue flame all the way along all three burners.Â* I am looking
> forward to cooking on this baby.

Sounds like a nice grill. I would much prefer to assemble my own things
than have the store do it. You will at least know you used all the
parts and torqued everything adequately. I use a gas grill a lot. Mine
is hooked to NG. Yes Weber still makes nice products. The spark
mechanisms on all the grills I have owned don't last very long. I quit
replacing them and light with a match.