Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Summer Grilling

On 2019-06-14 2:00 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 6/14/2019 11:29 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> I am too damned impulsive. I should have planned ahead and had a gas
>> line installed and got the NG model.
>> I have to confess that I had two parts left over. They are just rubber
>> caps that should fit on a protruding bolt somewhere. It started
>> raining again.Â* I will check it out late on.
>>

> When our house was being built I had the option of paying a ridiculous
> price for the gas line.Â* Glad I did.Â* Especially when I do long time
> things like a brisket overnight.Â* No more changing tanks and hauling
> them to a fill station.

When my brother moved into a house down the road he brought his old NG
BBQ and had a guy come to install the line to the patio. It was going
to cost a bundle to bring a line all the way from the main pipe to the
furnace. My brother suggested he could just tap into the line to the gas
fireplace on the wall just inside from the patio. The install said it
would not work because the line was not big enough to feed the furnace
and the BBQ. Brother pointed out that he uses the fireplace in the
winter and the BBQ in the summer and was pretty sure that he would not
be using both at the same time.