Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Summer Grilling

On 6/14/2019 2:36 PM, jay wrote:
> On 6/14/19 11:46 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 6/14/2019 11:56 AM, wrote:
>>

>>> Weber gas grills will operate on both natural gas or propane, there's
>>> a kit to make the conversion.
>>>

>> No, there is not.
>>
>> Â*From the Weber web site:
>> Due to safety considerations, the complexity of the components
>> involved, as well as the level of disassembly required, we dont allow
>> conversions or provide conversion kits. Converting a Weber grill will
>> actually void the warranty on the unit and might create an unsafe
>> situation.
>>
>> We do sell most of our gas grill models in both a propane version and
>> a natural gas version, so if you're planning on purchasing a new
>> grill, please make sure that you're selecting the appropriate model
>> for the fuel type you plan on using.
>>
>> We are very sorry for any disappointment this may cause, but the
>> safety of our fans always comes first. You can read more about this in
>> our blog on the subject here.

> Pretty sure they used to.Â* It is a very easy conversion.Â* Lawyers
> probably made 'em quit.

Probably for good reason. Some folks simply aren't good DYI'ers. They
take shortcuts or don't read the directions. Or a bunch of
good-old-boys were drinking beer and someone said "Hey! Let's install
this conversion kit!

Ever heard of deep fried turkey? I used to see turkey fryers on sale at
the local hardware store. Taste of deep fried turkey aside... lawyers
got involved because idiots managed to set themselves on fire or burn
down their homes. The companies have to protect themselves from morons.

Jill