Old 14-06-2019, 04:15 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Did somebody say Chciken Paprikash?

I was toying around with the idea of cacciatore, stroganoff, or
paprikash. It turned out to be the later.

https://i.postimg.cc/59vGGmcZ/Chicken-Paprikash.jpg

Using:

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/...cken-paprikash

I added some red wine because I think it needed "something". If I
just added some mushrooms, the,it would have been
cacciatore-stroganoff-paprikash - Next time!

-sw

Old 14-06-2019, 11:46 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 11:13:40 PM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
I was toying around with the idea of cacciatore, stroganoff, or
paprikash. It turned out to be the later.

https://i.postimg.cc/59vGGmcZ/Chicken-Paprikash.jpg

Using:

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/...cken-paprikash

I added some red wine because I think it needed "something". If I
just added some mushrooms, the,it would have been
cacciatore-stroganoff-paprikash - Next time!

-sw

do you use hungarian paprika? i don't think i do. i use a no name brand. don't now the country of origin, but it's quite good. i used to use the szegedi brand, but it's very expensive. there is a difference in paprikas though. i once purchased lebanese paprika, and it was horrible.
Old 14-06-2019, 01:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

A Moose in Love wrote:

do you use hungarian paprika? i don't think i do. i use a no name brand. don't now the country of origin, but it's quite good. i used to use the szegedi brand, but it's very expensive. there is a difference in paprikas though. i once purchased lebanese paprika, and it was horrible.

Interesting. Until I came to RFC, I always thought that paprika
basically had no taste at all and only used it a cute topping
occasionally. It *was* always from a grocery store though and
probably very old and had lost it's taste.
Old 14-06-2019, 01:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

I was toying around with the idea of cacciatore, stroganoff, or
paprikash. It turned out to be the later.

https://i.postimg.cc/59vGGmcZ/Chicken-Paprikash.jpg

That looked quite nice, I must say.
That dish would make about 3-4 meals for Jill.
Old 14-06-2019, 02:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 14, 2019 at 8:42:02 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
Sqwertz wrote:

I was toying around with the idea of cacciatore, stroganoff, or
paprikash. It turned out to be the later.

https://i.postimg.cc/59vGGmcZ/Chicken-Paprikash.jpg

That looked quite nice, I must say.
That dish would make about 3-4 meals for Jill.

it's a good dish. it's also very tasty without the sour cream.

Old 14-06-2019, 03:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 14 Jun 2019 Gary wrote:
Sqwertz wrote:

I was toying around with the idea of cacciatore, stroganoff, or
paprikash. It turned out to be the later.

https://i.postimg.cc/59vGGmcZ/Chicken-Paprikash.jpg

That looked quite nice, I must say.
That dish would make about 3-4 meals for Jill.

Looks like two servings for a normal person; two chicken legs, one
chicken breast should have been halved, and a heap of wide egg noodles
swimming in gravy, enough for two.

Looks tastey but should have been a larger dish, then it wouldn't look
like so much... as it is that dish is so overfilled that it's about to
spill over... actually can't tell whether it's a plate or a bowl. If
I lived alone like the dwarf I'd eat from the pot and save having to
wash a dish. lol
Old 14-06-2019, 03:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 22:15:26 -0500, Sqwertz
wrote:

I was toying around with the idea of cacciatore, stroganoff, or
paprikash. It turned out to be the later.

https://i.postimg.cc/59vGGmcZ/Chicken-Paprikash.jpg

Using:

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/...cken-paprikash

I added some red wine because I think it needed "something". If I
just added some mushrooms, the,it would have been
cacciatore-stroganoff-paprikash - Next time!

-sw

that looks really good to me. The chicken looks juicy.
Janet US
Old 14-06-2019, 06:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 8:13:40 PM UTC-7, Sqwertz wrote:
I was toying around with the idea of cacciatore, stroganoff, or
paprikash. It turned out to be the later.

https://i.postimg.cc/59vGGmcZ/Chicken-Paprikash.jpg

Using:

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/...cken-paprikash

I added some red wine because I think it needed "something". If I
just added some mushrooms, the,it would have been
cacciatore-stroganoff-paprikash - Next time!

Looks good. Maybe it's the type of paprika used but mine turns out way more orange. This is the recipe I used in the restaurant when I made it for a lunch special.

https://www.hizzoners.com/index.php/...cken-paprikash

-sw

Old 14-06-2019, 07:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/14/2019 8:41 AM, Gary wrote:
Sqwertz wrote:

I was toying around with the idea of cacciatore, stroganoff, or
paprikash. It turned out to be the later.

https://i.postimg.cc/59vGGmcZ/Chicken-Paprikash.jpg

That looked quite nice, I must say.
That dish would make about 3-4 meals for Jill.

Yes it looks good and yes, it would be 3-4 meals for me. I don't know
why you chide me for not having a huge appetite.

Jill
Old 14-06-2019, 07:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-14, ImStillMags wrote:

Maybe it's the type of paprika used but mine turns out way more
orange. This is the recipe I used in the restaurant when I made it
for a lunch special.

https://www.hizzoners.com/index.php/...cken-paprikash

Looks good!

May be a way to get rid of some paprika, I've had waaaay
too long (still smells OK).

I'll hafta buy a "real" chicken, too. Not one of those CFO places.

nb

Old 14-06-2019, 11:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On 2019-06-14, ImStillMags wrote:

Maybe it's the type of paprika used but mine turns out way more
orange. This is the recipe I used in the restaurant when I made it
for a lunch special.

https://www.hizzoners.com/index.php/...cken-paprikash

Looks good!

May be a way to get rid of some paprika, I've had waaaay
too long (still smells OK).

I'll hafta buy a "real" chicken, too. Not one of those CFO places.

nb

paprika gets old and tasteless pretty quick. throw out your old stuff and get some fresh if you are gong to make this dish.
Old 15-06-2019, 02:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-14, ImStillMags wrote:

Maybe it's the type of paprika used but mine turns out way more
orange. This is the recipe I used in the restaurant when I made it
for a lunch special.

https://www.hizzoners.com/index.php/...cken-paprikash

Looks good!

May be a way to get rid of some paprika, I've had waaaay
too long (still smells OK).

I'll hafta buy a "real" chicken, too. Not one of those CFO places.
nb

paprika gets old and tasteless pretty quick. throw out your old stuff and get some fresh if you are gong to make this dish.

Depends on how stored. I buy in bulk sizes and keep them in my
freezer with small bottles in the pantry filled for daily use. Frozen
spices and herbs will keep well for several years. Also as much as
possible I buy whole spices.
Old 15-06-2019, 02:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-14, ImStillMags wrote:

Maybe it's the type of paprika used but mine turns out way more
orange. This is the recipe I used in the restaurant when I made it
for a lunch special.

https://www.hizzoners.com/index.php/...cken-paprikash

Looks good!

May be a way to get rid of some paprika, I've had waaaay
too long (still smells OK).

I'll hafta buy a "real" chicken, too. Not one of those CFO places.
nb

paprika gets old and tasteless pretty quick. throw out your old stuff and get some fresh if you are gong to make this dish.

Depends on how stored. I buy in bulk sizes and keep them in my
freezer with small bottles in the pantry filled for daily use. Frozen
spices and herbs will keep well for several years. Also as much as
possible I buy whole spices.

i purchase mine in a resealable bag. it only lasts for max. 3 weeks before i need some more. i keep it in the fridge. however the freezer sounds like a good idea.
Old 15-06-2019, 05:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

On 6/14/2019 8:41 AM, Gary wrote:
Sqwertz wrote:

I was toying around with the idea of cacciatore, stroganoff, or
paprikash. It turned out to be the later.

https://i.postimg.cc/59vGGmcZ/Chicken-Paprikash.jpg

That looked quite nice, I must say.
That dish would make about 3-4 meals for Jill.

Yes it looks good and yes, it would be 3-4 meals for me. I don't know
why you chide me for not having a huge appetite.

Just teasing. If anything, I should be jealous that you eat so
little and remain happy. A small meal is just an appetizer to me.
Old 15-06-2019, 07:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/15/2019 12:38 PM, Gary wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

On 6/14/2019 8:41 AM, Gary wrote:
Sqwertz wrote:

I was toying around with the idea of cacciatore, stroganoff, or
paprikash. It turned out to be the later.

https://i.postimg.cc/59vGGmcZ/Chicken-Paprikash.jpg

That looked quite nice, I must say.
That dish would make about 3-4 meals for Jill.

Yes it looks good and yes, it would be 3-4 meals for me. I don't know
why you chide me for not having a huge appetite.

Just teasing. If anything, I should be jealous that you eat so
little and remain happy. A small meal is just an appetizer to me.

We definitely eat differently. I eat only as much as will fill me up.
It doesn't take much. What is appropriate for your body is not the same
as mine.

Why do you find different portion preferences so hard to believe?

Jill