Old 24-03-2016, 12:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Easter pies have begun!

Although there is an old Bove family recipe, I gather that they do not
follow it closely. Tuma is listed but they do not use it. They do use
white pepper. Otherwise I think it is just an assortment of meats, cheeses
and eggs. They also do not use a crust and put in acini de pepe instead. I
screwed up last year and used ditalini. It came out okay, but I think the
smaller pasta is better.

This year instead of chasing all over looking for Italian meats that aren't
necessarily easy to find here, I started with an assortment from Costco. I
also didn't buy as much ham as called for but I'm sure it will be fine. I
am just hoping not to have far too many. I may be able to give away one or
two but most people I know don't eat this sort of thing as it is very rich
and fatty.

Husband's cousin just made his. I saw a pic. He has enough to cover the
top of a huge dining table. I won't need that many.

Do you make them at your house?

Old 24-03-2016, 03:41 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/23/2016 9:25 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
Make.... WHAT?!?!

-sw

You criminally STALK and ABUSE women, you sick little dwarfy man!

Here's what you did when you went all over the Usenet impersonating the
well-liked regular named "sf" and posting all her personal data on the
net against her will, including her:

* home address
* age
* cell phone number
* husband's name

etc.

YOU did that, you evil *******!

And then you had the hubris to actually GLOAT about in public saying:

ost

Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:18:00 -0600
MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4

She should call the cops. I've already publicly admitted it is me so
a conviction should be a piece of cake and then forging would stop.
So what's stopping her? I think she suffers from Bovism - she just
loves the attention and drama and screw the rest of the group.

-sw

And before that you literally stalked poor Omelet, a local Auustin
favorite, right off the Usenet!

In your worst moment ever you actually begged her to KILL you:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Then after having your nose rubbed in your filthy criminal stalking you
came back with, not an apology, nor the slightest remorse, just this:

"The facebook group is much more pleasant."

But we all know that's only because you cower over there in mortal fear
of being booted by the FB admins.

You're _so done_ here virus, I mean really ****ing done.

I'm making you a project like no other, expect a lot more of your evil
abuse and hatred to be aired for all to see here.

And we both know there's a google archive full of your hatred of women
just waiting to be hung out on the virtual clothesline to dry.

Enjoy then, you rotten, worthless misogynistic *******!

Old 24-03-2016, 05:56 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 17:49:41 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

[...]

Congratulations! This time it only took you a mere three paragraphs
to make absolutely no sense at all!

Do you make them at your house?

Make.... WHAT?!?!

Easter pies.

Old 24-03-2016, 10:37 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 11:06:04 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:

Do you make them at your house?

No, I come from white, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant (and somewhat Southern)
stock. We made ham for Easter dinner. Studded with cloves and
pineapple rings, glazed with a mixture of yellow mustard and brown
sugar. It's been so long, I can't remember the side dishes that
were served with it. Perhaps scalloped potatoes, although I guess
that might have been made the next day to accompany the leftovers.

For a while, my husband and I observed Easter with unagi sushi,
but that has fallen by the wayside. Now it's just another Sunday,
filled with projects around the house and wishing that Home Depot
were open.

Cindy Hamilton
Old 24-03-2016, 11:15 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 22:56:50 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
[...]

The first 2 of 3 hits on Google for "Easter Pie" are sweet ricotta
pies.

I'll post two recipes, neither of which I followed but I wanted them for
general amounts and bake time.

http://www.mademan.com/mm/italian-ea...ie-recipe.html

https://community.cookinglight.com/s...ian-Easter-Pie

Old 24-03-2016, 01:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/24/2016 7:15 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 22:56:50 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

Do you make them at your house?

Make.... WHAT?!?!

Easter pies.

The first 2 of 3 hits on Google for "Easter Pie" are sweet ricotta
pies.

I'll post two recipes, neither of which I followed but I wanted them for
general amounts and bake time.

http://www.mademan.com/mm/italian-ea...ie-recipe.html

https://community.cookinglight.com/s...ian-Easter-Pie

I've never heard of an "Easter Pie" except when you have mentioned them
here.

Jill
Old 24-03-2016, 03:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
[...]

Here's some pictures and recipe links without all the beef cake.
How is it used? Warm or cold? A breakfast dish? Snack? Main meal?
Janet US
Old 24-03-2016, 04:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 4:38:02 AM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 11:06:04 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:

Do you make them at your house?

No, I come from white, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant (and somewhat Southern)
stock. We made ham for Easter dinner. Studded with cloves and
pineapple rings, glazed with a mixture of yellow mustard and brown
sugar. It's been so long, I can't remember the side dishes that
were served with it. Perhaps scalloped potatoes, although I guess
that might have been made the next day to accompany the leftovers.

For a while, my husband and I observed Easter with unagi sushi,
but that has fallen by the wayside. Now it's just another Sunday,
filled with projects around the house and wishing that Home Depot
were open.

Cindy Hamilton

**** Home Depot. I shop at real hardware stores!! Which are becoming harder and harder to find thanks to the MalWartization of modern U.S. (lack of) culture!! :-(

John Kuthe...
Old 24-03-2016, 04:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Do you make them at your house?

I'll post two recipes, neither of which I followed but I wanted them for
general amounts and bake time.

http://www.mademan.com/mm/italian-ea...ie-recipe.html

https://community.cookinglight.com/s...ian-Easter-Pie

Never heard of them until you brought it up.

Neither of those recipes appeals to me at all, but then I don't care
for Italian-style cold meats.

Doris
Old 24-03-2016, 05:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message ...

On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 17:49:41 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

Congratulations! This time it only took you a mere three paragraphs
to make absolutely no sense at all!

Do you make them at your house?

Make.... WHAT?!?!

Italian Easter pies. Maybe you should learn to read Steve.

Robert

Old 24-03-2016, 07:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/24/2016 1:23 PM, Robert wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message ...
On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 17:49:41 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

Congratulations! This time it only took you a mere three paragraphs
to make absolutely no sense at all!

Do you make them at your house?

Make.... WHAT?!?!

Italian Easter pies. Maybe you should learn to read Steve.

Robert

Learning to read won't make them more prevalent in this ng. I've only
ever heard of Easter Pie from Julie.

Jill

Old 24-03-2016, 10:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 22:56:50 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

Do you make them at your house?

Make.... WHAT?!?!

Easter pies.

The first 2 of 3 hits on Google for "Easter Pie" are sweet ricotta
pies.

I'll post two recipes, neither of which I followed but I wanted them for
general amounts and bake time.

http://www.mademan.com/mm/italian-ea...ie-recipe.html

https://community.cookinglight.com/s...ian-Easter-Pie

I've never heard of an "Easter Pie" except when you have mentioned
them here.

They're Italian.

Yeah, I understand that. The answer is still no. It's not something
I've run across.

Jill
Old 24-03-2016, 10:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
[...]

I have told this story many times before. Each family has their own recipe.
These are used to break the fast after they get home from church. Small
pieces are eaten cold. The thing is to go visiting friends and family after
church. At each house, you will be given a sliver of this pie to try plus
whatever other foods they have out. And also a pie to take home. This is
why the recipe makes a lot. That's the symbolic part. After that, the pie
is eaten whenever you want to. You will likely have several to tuck away in
your freezer.

Easter pies. Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 0 24-03-2016 06:37 AM
Haggen takeover has begun! Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 15 07-03-2015 03:18 PM
Christmas pics. Have you begun. Pandora General Cooking 0 03-12-2006 09:05 PM
Xmas decorations. Have you begun? Pandora General Cooking 99 16-12-2005 06:55 PM
The Noob Has Begun! Michael C. Neel Barbecue 17 02-06-2004 02:33 AM