Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Easter pies have begun!

On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 11:06:04 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:

> Do you make them at your house?

No, I come from white, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant (and somewhat Southern)
stock. We made ham for Easter dinner. Studded with cloves and
pineapple rings, glazed with a mixture of yellow mustard and brown
sugar. It's been so long, I can't remember the side dishes that
were served with it. Perhaps scalloped potatoes, although I guess
that might have been made the next day to accompany the leftovers.

For a while, my husband and I observed Easter with unagi sushi,
but that has fallen by the wayside. Now it's just another Sunday,
filled with projects around the house and wishing that Home Depot
were open.

Cindy Hamilton