Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Easter pies have begun!

Although there is an old Bove family recipe, I gather that they do not
follow it closely. Tuma is listed but they do not use it. They do use
white pepper. Otherwise I think it is just an assortment of meats, cheeses
and eggs. They also do not use a crust and put in acini de pepe instead. I
screwed up last year and used ditalini. It came out okay, but I think the
smaller pasta is better.

This year instead of chasing all over looking for Italian meats that aren't
necessarily easy to find here, I started with an assortment from Costco. I
also didn't buy as much ham as called for but I'm sure it will be fine. I
am just hoping not to have far too many. I may be able to give away one or
two but most people I know don't eat this sort of thing as it is very rich
and fatty.

Husband's cousin just made his. I saw a pic. He has enough to cover the
top of a huge dining table. I won't need that many.

Do you make them at your house?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/23/2016 9:25 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Make.... WHAT?!?!
>
> -sw

You criminally STALK and ABUSE women, you sick little dwarfy man!

Here's what you did when you went all over the Usenet impersonating the
well-liked regular named "sf" and posting all her personal data on the
net against her will, including her:

* home address
* age
* cell phone number
* husband's name

etc.

YOU did that, you evil *******!

And then you had the hubris to actually GLOAT about in public saying:

ost

Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:18:00 -0600
MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4

She should call the cops. I've already publicly admitted it is me so
a conviction should be a piece of cake and then forging would stop.
So what's stopping her? I think she suffers from Bovism - she just
loves the attention and drama and screw the rest of the group.

-sw

And before that you literally stalked poor Omelet, a local Auustin
favorite, right off the Usenet!

In your worst moment ever you actually begged her to KILL you:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Then after having your nose rubbed in your filthy criminal stalking you
came back with, not an apology, nor the slightest remorse, just this:

"The facebook group is much more pleasant."

But we all know that's only because you cower over there in mortal fear
of being booted by the FB admins.

You're _so done_ here virus, I mean really ****ing done.

I'm making you a project like no other, expect a lot more of your evil
abuse and hatred to be aired for all to see here.

And we both know there's a google archive full of your hatred of women
just waiting to be hung out on the virtual clothesline to dry.

Enjoy then, you rotten, worthless misogynistic *******!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 17:49:41 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> Although there is an old Bove family recipe, I gather that they do not
>> follow it closely. Tuma is listed but they do not use it. They do use
>> white pepper. Otherwise I think it is just an assortment of meats,
>> cheeses
>> and eggs. They also do not use a crust and put in acini de pepe instead.
>> screwed up last year and used ditalini. It came out okay, but I think
>> the
>> smaller pasta is better.
>>
>> This year instead of chasing all over looking for Italian meats that
>> aren't
>> necessarily easy to find here, I started with an assortment from Costco.
>> also didn't buy as much ham as called for but I'm sure it will be fine.
>> am just hoping not to have far too many. I may be able to give away one
>> or
>> two but most people I know don't eat this sort of thing as it is very
>> rich
>> and fatty.
>>
>> Husband's cousin just made his. I saw a pic. He has enough to cover the
>> top of a huge dining table. I won't need that many.
>>
>> Do you make them at your house?

> Congratulations! This time it only took you a mere three paragraphs
> to make absolutely no sense at all!
>
>> Do you make them at your house?

> Make.... WHAT?!?!

Easter pies.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 11:06:04 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:

> Do you make them at your house?

No, I come from white, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant (and somewhat Southern)
stock. We made ham for Easter dinner. Studded with cloves and
pineapple rings, glazed with a mixture of yellow mustard and brown
sugar. It's been so long, I can't remember the side dishes that
were served with it. Perhaps scalloped potatoes, although I guess
that might have been made the next day to accompany the leftovers.

For a while, my husband and I observed Easter with unagi sushi,
but that has fallen by the wayside. Now it's just another Sunday,
filled with projects around the house and wishing that Home Depot
were open.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 22:56:50 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Congratulations! This time it only took you a mere three paragraphs
>>> to make absolutely no sense at all!

>>> Make.... WHAT?!?!

>> Easter pies.

> The first 2 of 3 hits on Google for "Easter Pie" are sweet ricotta
> pies.

I'll post two recipes, neither of which I followed but I wanted them for
general amounts and bake time.

http://www.mademan.com/mm/italian-ea...ie-recipe.html

https://community.cookinglight.com/s...ian-Easter-Pie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/24/2016 7:15 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Easter pies.

>> The first 2 of 3 hits on Google for "Easter Pie" are sweet ricotta
>> pies.

> I'll post two recipes, neither of which I followed but I wanted them for
> general amounts and bake time.
>
> http://www.mademan.com/mm/italian-ea...ie-recipe.html
>
> https://community.cookinglight.com/s...ian-Easter-Pie

I've never heard of an "Easter Pie" except when you have mentioned them
here.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 04:15:34 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Sqwertz" > wrote in message

>>> Easter pies.

>> The first 2 of 3 hits on Google for "Easter Pie" are sweet ricotta
>> pies.

>I'll post two recipes, neither of which I followed but I wanted them for
>general amounts and bake time.
>
>http://www.mademan.com/mm/italian-ea...ie-recipe.html
>
>https://community.cookinglight.com/s...ian-Easter-Pie

Here's some pictures and recipe links without all the beef cake.
How is it used? Warm or cold? A breakfast dish? Snack? Main meal?
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 4:38:02 AM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 11:06:04 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
>
> > Do you make them at your house?

> No, I come from white, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant (and somewhat Southern)
> stock. We made ham for Easter dinner. Studded with cloves and
> pineapple rings, glazed with a mixture of yellow mustard and brown
> sugar. It's been so long, I can't remember the side dishes that
> were served with it. Perhaps scalloped potatoes, although I guess
> that might have been made the next day to accompany the leftovers.
>
> For a while, my husband and I observed Easter with unagi sushi,
> but that has fallen by the wayside. Now it's just another Sunday,
> filled with projects around the house and wishing that Home Depot
> were open.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

**** Home Depot. I shop at real hardware stores!! Which are becoming harder and harder to find thanks to the MalWartization of modern U.S. (lack of) culture!! :-(

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 04:15:34 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>Do you make them at your house?

>I'll post two recipes, neither of which I followed but I wanted them for
>general amounts and bake time.
>
>http://www.mademan.com/mm/italian-ea...ie-recipe.html
>
>https://community.cookinglight.com/s...ian-Easter-Pie

Never heard of them until you brought it up.

Neither of those recipes appeals to me at all, but then I don't care
for Italian-style cold meats.

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message ...

>>On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 17:49:41 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>>

>Congratulations! This time it only took you a mere three paragraphs
>to make absolutely no sense at all!
>
>> Do you make them at your house?

>Make.... WHAT?!?!

Italian Easter pies. Maybe you should learn to read Steve.

Robert

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/24/2016 12:01 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> sweet ricotta
> pies.
>
> -sw

You criminally STALK and ABUSE women, you sick little dwarfy man!

Here's what you did when you went all over the Usenet impersonating the
well-liked regular named "sf" and posting all her personal data on the
net against her will, including her:

* home address
* age
* cell phone number
* husband's name

etc.

YOU did that, you evil *******!

And then you had the hubris to actually GLOAT about in public saying:

ost

Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:18:00 -0600
MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4

She should call the cops. I've already publicly admitted it is me so
a conviction should be a piece of cake and then forging would stop.
So what's stopping her? I think she suffers from Bovism - she just
loves the attention and drama and screw the rest of the group.

-sw

And before that you literally stalked poor Omelet, a local Auustin
favorite, right off the Usenet!

In your worst moment ever you actually begged her to KILL you:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Then after having your nose rubbed in your filthy criminal stalking you
came back with, not an apology, nor the slightest remorse, just this:

"The facebook group is much more pleasant."

But we all know that's only because you cower over there in mortal fear
of being booted by the FB admins.

You're _so done_ here virus, I mean really ****ing done.

I'm making you a project like no other, expect a lot more of your evil
abuse and hatred to be aired for all to see here.

And we both know there's a google archive full of your hatred of women
just waiting to be hung out on the virtual clothesline to dry.

Enjoy then, you rotten, worthless misogynistic *******!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/24/2016 1:23 PM, Robert wrote:

> "Sqwertz" wrote in message ...
>>> On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 17:49:41 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>>>

>> Congratulations! This time it only took you a mere three paragraphs
>> to make absolutely no sense at all!
>>
>>> Do you make them at your house?

>> Make.... WHAT?!?!

> Italian Easter pies. Maybe you should learn to read Steve.
>
> Robert

Learning to read won't make them more prevalent in this ng. I've only
ever heard of Easter Pie from Julie.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 3/24/2016 7:15 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> The first 2 of 3 hits on Google for "Easter Pie" are sweet ricotta
>>> pies.

>> I'll post two recipes, neither of which I followed but I wanted them for
>> general amounts and bake time.
>>
>> http://www.mademan.com/mm/italian-ea...ie-recipe.html
>>
>> https://community.cookinglight.com/s...ian-Easter-Pie
>>

> I've never heard of an "Easter Pie" except when you have mentioned them
> here.

They're Italian.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/24/2016 5:54 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> I'll post two recipes, neither of which I followed but I wanted them for
>>> general amounts and bake time.
>>>
>>> http://www.mademan.com/mm/italian-ea...ie-recipe.html
>>>
>>> https://community.cookinglight.com/s...ian-Easter-Pie
>>>

>> I've never heard of an "Easter Pie" except when you have mentioned
>> them here.

> They're Italian.

Yeah, I understand that. The answer is still no. It's not something
I've run across.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet B" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 04:15:34 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

>>> The first 2 of 3 hits on Google for "Easter Pie" are sweet ricotta
>>> pies.

>>I'll post two recipes, neither of which I followed but I wanted them for
>>general amounts and bake time.
>>
>>http://www.mademan.com/mm/italian-ea...ie-recipe.html
>>
>>https://community.cookinglight.com/s...ian-Easter-Pie
>>

> Here's some pictures and recipe links without all the beef cake.
> How is it used? Warm or cold? A breakfast dish? Snack? Main meal?
> Janet US

I have told this story many times before. Each family has their own recipe.
These are used to break the fast after they get home from church. Small
pieces are eaten cold. The thing is to go visiting friends and family after
church. At each house, you will be given a sliver of this pie to try plus
whatever other foods they have out. And also a pie to take home. This is
why the recipe makes a lot. That's the symbolic part. After that, the pie
is eaten whenever you want to. You will likely have several to tuck away in
your freezer.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 04:15:34 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>Do you make them at your house?

>>I'll post two recipes, neither of which I followed but I wanted them for
>>general amounts and bake time.
>>
>>http://www.mademan.com/mm/italian-ea...ie-recipe.html
>>
>>https://community.cookinglight.com/s...ian-Easter-Pie
>>

> Never heard of them until you brought it up.
>
> Neither of those recipes appeals to me at all, but then I don't care
> for Italian-style cold meats.

Me either.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 4:38:02 AM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 11:06:04 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> > Do you make them at your house?

>> No, I come from white, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant (and somewhat Southern)
>> stock. We made ham for Easter dinner. Studded with cloves and
>> pineapple rings, glazed with a mixture of yellow mustard and brown
>> sugar. It's been so long, I can't remember the side dishes that
>> were served with it. Perhaps scalloped potatoes, although I guess
>> that might have been made the next day to accompany the leftovers.
>>
>> For a while, my husband and I observed Easter with unagi sushi,
>> but that has fallen by the wayside. Now it's just another Sunday,
>> filled with projects around the house and wishing that Home Depot
>> were open.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> **** Home Depot. I shop at real hardware stores!! Which are becoming
> harder and harder to find thanks to the MalWartization of modern U.S.
> (lack of) culture!! :-(

I don't know of any around here any more that aren't chains. Although I did
recently hear of a place in Everett that sells only screws of all kinds.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> Congratulations! This time it only took you a mere three paragraphs
>>> to make absolutely no sense at all!

>>> Make.... WHAT?!?!

>> Italian Easter pies. Maybe you should learn to read Steve.
>>
>> Robert
>>

> Learning to read won't make them more prevalent in this ng. I've only
> ever heard of Easter Pie from Julie.

I guess you don't know any Italians. My Facebook feed was loaded with pics
of them yesterday.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 04:15:34 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>Do you make them at your house?

>>I'll post two recipes, neither of which I followed but I wanted them for
>>general amounts and bake time.
>>
>>http://www.mademan.com/mm/italian-ea...ie-recipe.html
>>
>>https://community.cookinglight.com/s...ian-Easter-Pie
>>

> Never heard of them until you brought it up.
>
> Neither of those recipes appeals to me at all, but then I don't care
> for Italian-style cold meats.
>
> Doris

aren't these hot - cold meats? or cold - hot - cold meats?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/24/2016 4:48 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> signature, rattled prose (again).
>
> -sw

You criminally STALK and ABUSE women, you sick little dwarfy man!

Here's what you did when you went all over the Usenet impersonating the
well-liked regular named "sf" and posting all her personal data on the
net against her will, including her:

* home address
* age
* cell phone number
* husband's name

etc.

YOU did that, you evil *******!

And then you had the hubris to actually GLOAT about in public saying:

ost

Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:18:00 -0600
MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4

She should call the cops. I've already publicly admitted it is me so
a conviction should be a piece of cake and then forging would stop.
So what's stopping her? I think she suffers from Bovism - she just
loves the attention and drama and screw the rest of the group.

-sw

And before that you literally stalked poor Omelet, a local Auustin
favorite, right off the Usenet!

In your worst moment ever you actually begged her to KILL you:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Then after having your nose rubbed in your filthy criminal stalking you
came back with, not an apology, nor the slightest remorse, just this:

"The facebook group is much more pleasant."

But we all know that's only because you cower over there in mortal fear
of being booted by the FB admins.

You're _so done_ here virus, I mean really ****ing done.

I'm making you a project like no other, expect a lot more of your evil
abuse and hatred to be aired for all to see here.

And we both know there's a google archive full of your hatred of women
just waiting to be hung out on the virtual clothesline to dry.

Enjoy then, you rotten, worthless misogynistic *******!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/24/2016 4:23 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> glundfarg nebskstuky blarnjib!!
>
> -sw

You criminally STALK and ABUSE women, you sick little dwarfy man!

Here's what you did when you went all over the Usenet impersonating the
well-liked regular named "sf" and posting all her personal data on the
net against her will, including her:

* home address
* age
* cell phone number
* husband's name

etc.

YOU did that, you evil *******!

And then you had the hubris to actually GLOAT about in public saying:

ost

Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:18:00 -0600
MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4

She should call the cops. I've already publicly admitted it is me so
a conviction should be a piece of cake and then forging would stop.
So what's stopping her? I think she suffers from Bovism - she just
loves the attention and drama and screw the rest of the group.

-sw

And before that you literally stalked poor Omelet, a local Auustin
favorite, right off the Usenet!

In your worst moment ever you actually begged her to KILL you:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Then after having your nose rubbed in your filthy criminal stalking you
came back with, not an apology, nor the slightest remorse, just this:

"The facebook group is much more pleasant."

But we all know that's only because you cower over there in mortal fear
of being booted by the FB admins.

You're _so done_ here virus, I mean really ****ing done.

I'm making you a project like no other, expect a lot more of your evil
abuse and hatred to be aired for all to see here.

And we both know there's a google archive full of your hatred of women
just waiting to be hung out on the virtual clothesline to dry.

Enjoy then, you rotten, worthless misogynistic *******!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

>>>Congratulations! This time it only took you a mere three paragraphs
>>>to make absolutely no sense at all!

>>>Make.... WHAT?!?!

>> Italian Easter pies. Maybe you should learn to read Steve.

> Shibling hernotz glundfarg nebskstuky blarnjib!!
>
> -sw

Tijcmjoh Ujkdnkpi Vkleolqj Wlmfpmrk Xmngqnsl Ynohrotm Zopispun Apqjtqvo
Bqrkurwp Crslvsxq Dstmwtyr Etunxuzs Fuvoyvat Gvwpzwbu Hwxqaxcv Ixyrbydw
Jyzsczex Kzatdafy Labuebgz Mbcvfcha Ncdwgdib Odexhejc Pefyifkd Qfgzjgle
Rghakhmf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/24/2016 5:02 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> <rhetorical question
> that you'll answer anyway>.
>
> -sw

You criminally STALK and ABUSE women, you sick little dwarfy man!

Here's what you did when you went all over the Usenet impersonating the
well-liked regular named "sf" and posting all her personal data on the
net against her will, including her:

* home address
* age
* cell phone number
* husband's name

etc.

YOU did that, you evil *******!

And then you had the hubris to actually GLOAT about in public saying:

ost

Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:18:00 -0600
MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4

She should call the cops. I've already publicly admitted it is me so
a conviction should be a piece of cake and then forging would stop.
So what's stopping her? I think she suffers from Bovism - she just
loves the attention and drama and screw the rest of the group.

-sw

And before that you literally stalked poor Omelet, a local Auustin
favorite, right off the Usenet!

In your worst moment ever you actually begged her to KILL you:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Then after having your nose rubbed in your filthy criminal stalking you
came back with, not an apology, nor the slightest remorse, just this:

"The facebook group is much more pleasant."

But we all know that's only because you cower over there in mortal fear
of being booted by the FB admins.

You're _so done_ here virus, I mean really ****ing done.

I'm making you a project like no other, expect a lot more of your evil
abuse and hatred to be aired for all to see here.

And we both know there's a google archive full of your hatred of women
just waiting to be hung out on the virtual clothesline to dry.

Enjoy then, you rotten, worthless misogynistic *******!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 3/24/2016 7:15 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> > > The first 2 of 3 hits on Google for "Easter Pie" are sweet ricotta
> > > pies.

> > I'll post two recipes, neither of which I followed but I wanted
> > them for general amounts and bake time.
> >
> > http://www.mademan.com/mm/italian-ea...ie-recipe.html
> >
> > https://community.cookinglight.com/s...1-Savory-Itali
> > an-Easter-Pie
> >

> I've never heard of an "Easter Pie" except when you have mentioned
> them here.
>
> Jill

I've not heard them called that but apparently a fair number make a
meat pie at that season?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> > > Congratulations! This time it only took you a mere three
> > > paragraphs to make absolutely no sense at all!

> > > Make.... WHAT?!?!

> > Italian Easter pies. Maybe you should learn to read Steve.
> >
> > Robert
> >

> Learning to read won't make them more prevalent in this ng. I've
> only ever heard of Easter Pie from Julie.
>
> Jill

Actually I have bit it's not that common. Julie seems to indicate it
is italian. I seem to relate it to a religion and something I havent
seen since I was about 8 years old. Perhaps related to lent cooking
maybe? A tradition gone the last 40 years for most areas? Dunno.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/24/2016 6:30 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> Italian Easter pies. Maybe you should learn to read Steve.
>>>
>>> Robert
>>>

>> Learning to read won't make them more prevalent in this ng. I've only
>> ever heard of Easter Pie from Julie.

> I guess you don't know any Italians. My Facebook feed was loaded with
> pics of them yesterday.

No, I don't know many Italians.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/24/2016 8:05 PM, cshenk wrote:
> jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> Italian Easter pies. Maybe you should learn to read Steve.
>>>
>>> Robert
>>>

>> Learning to read won't make them more prevalent in this ng. I've
>> only ever heard of Easter Pie from Julie.
>>
>> Jill

> Actually I have bit it's not that common. Julie seems to indicate it
> is italian. I seem to relate it to a religion and something I havent
> seen since I was about 8 years old. Perhaps related to lent cooking
> maybe? A tradition gone the last 40 years for most areas? Dunno.
>
> Carol

Yeah, yeah, breaking the silly lenten fast or something. I don't give a
whit about Easter or those other religious traditions. And I'm not
Italian so I certainly haven't heard of them. That's why my answer to
her question do I make them was NO... never heard of them except when
she mentions them.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 09:32:11 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 3/24/2016 7:15 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> >> The first 2 of 3 hits on Google for "Easter Pie" are sweet ricotta
> >> pies.

> > I'll post two recipes, neither of which I followed but I wanted them for
> > general amounts and bake time.
> >
> > http://www.mademan.com/mm/italian-ea...ie-recipe.html
> >
> > https://community.cookinglight.com/s...ian-Easter-Pie
> >

> I've never heard of an "Easter Pie" except when you have mentioned them
> here.

My arteries clogged just reading the recipes.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 09:02:41 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

> On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 4:38:02 AM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 11:06:04 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> > > Do you make them at your house?

> > No, I come from white, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant (and somewhat Southern)
> > stock. We made ham for Easter dinner. Studded with cloves and
> > pineapple rings, glazed with a mixture of yellow mustard and brown
> > sugar. It's been so long, I can't remember the side dishes that
> > were served with it. Perhaps scalloped potatoes, although I guess
> > that might have been made the next day to accompany the leftovers.
> >
> > For a while, my husband and I observed Easter with unagi sushi,
> > but that has fallen by the wayside. Now it's just another Sunday,
> > filled with projects around the house and wishing that Home Depot
> > were open.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> **** Home Depot. I shop at real hardware stores!! Which are becoming harder and harder to find thanks to the MalWartization of modern U.S. (lack of) culture!! :-(
>
> John Kuthe...

Jesus John, do you want *everyone* to kill file you?

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/24/2016 8:13 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> Learning to read won't make them more prevalent in this ng. I've only
>>> ever heard of Easter Pie from Julie.

>> I guess you don't know any Italians. My Facebook feed was loaded with
>> pics of them yesterday.

> No, I don't know many Italians.
>
> Jill

I know many Italians. I was even in Italy the week before Easter a
couple of years ago. Never heard of them.

Asked my wife. Her father and grandparentd are from Italy. She never
heard of them either.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/24/2016 6:32 PM, taxed and spent wrote:
> "Doris Night" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 04:15:34 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Do you make them at your house?

>>> I'll post two recipes, neither of which I followed but I wanted them for
>>> general amounts and bake time.
>>>
>>> http://www.mademan.com/mm/italian-ea...ie-recipe.html
>>>
>>> https://community.cookinglight.com/s...ian-Easter-Pie
>>>

>> Never heard of them until you brought it up.
>>
>> Neither of those recipes appeals to me at all, but then I don't care
>> for Italian-style cold meats.
>>
>> Doris

> aren't these hot - cold meats? or cold - hot - cold meats?

Dunno... meat pies that are cold? Why not just serve meat & cheese?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/24/2016 8:45 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> I guess you don't know any Italians. My Facebook feed was loaded with
>>> pics of them yesterday.

>> No, I don't know many Italians.
>>
>> Jill

> I know many Italians. I was even in Italy the week before Easter a
> couple of years ago. Never heard of them.
>
> Asked my wife. Her father and grandparentd are from Italy. She never
> heard of them either.

Must be one of those Bove Italian Easter Traditions. Go figure.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 20:54:43 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 3/24/2016 6:32 PM, taxed and spent wrote:
> > "Doris Night" > wrote in message
> >> On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 04:15:34 -0700, "Julie Bove"

> >> Never heard of them until you brought it up.
> >>
> >> Neither of those recipes appeals to me at all, but then I don't care
> >> for Italian-style cold meats.
> >>
> >> Doris

> > aren't these hot - cold meats? or cold - hot - cold meats?
> >

> Dunno... meat pies that are cold? Why not just serve meat & cheese?

The ingredients are called "cold cuts" for a reason!

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 20:45:00 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> >> I guess you don't know any Italians. My Facebook feed was loaded with
> >> pics of them yesterday.

> > No, I don't know many Italians.
> >
> > Jill

> I know many Italians. I was even in Italy the week before Easter a
> couple of years ago. Never heard of them.
>
> Asked my wife. Her father and grandparentd are from Italy. She never
> heard of them either.

It's probably a regional thing. In Italy, "region" can boil down to a
specific town.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/24/2016 9:43 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Yours is just
> random letters!
>
> -sw

You criminally STALK and ABUSE women, you sick little dwarfy man!

Here's what you did when you went all over the Usenet impersonating the
well-liked regular named "sf" and posting all her personal data on the
net against her will, including her:

* home address
* age
* cell phone number
* husband's name

etc.

YOU did that, you evil *******!

And then you had the hubris to actually GLOAT about in public saying:

ost

Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:18:00 -0600
MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4

She should call the cops. I've already publicly admitted it is me so
a conviction should be a piece of cake and then forging would stop.
So what's stopping her? I think she suffers from Bovism - she just
loves the attention and drama and screw the rest of the group.

-sw

And before that you literally stalked poor Omelet, a local Auustin
favorite, right off the Usenet!

In your worst moment ever you actually begged her to KILL you:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Then after having your nose rubbed in your filthy criminal stalking you
came back with, not an apology, nor the slightest remorse, just this:

"The facebook group is much more pleasant."

But we all know that's only because you cower over there in mortal fear
of being booted by the FB admins.

You're _so done_ here virus, I mean really ****ing done.

I'm making you a project like no other, expect a lot more of your evil
abuse and hatred to be aired for all to see here.

And we both know there's a google archive full of your hatred of women
just waiting to be hung out on the virtual clothesline to dry.

Enjoy then, you rotten, worthless misogynistic *******!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 15:27:36 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> "Doris Night" > wrote in message
>>> On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 04:15:34 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> Never heard of them until you brought it up.
>>>
>>> Neither of those recipes appeals to me at all, but then I don't care
>>> for Italian-style cold meats.

>> Me either.

> All I heard was "Easter Pie" which is as generic as saying "Christmas
> Pie". Then she rattled off a few ingredients that she said were all
> optional. So then I looked it up and found that a sweet ricotta pie
> was the most likely candidate for wharever she was trying to describe.
>
> Anyway - that's 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back thanks to
> Julie's signature, rattled prose (again).
>
> -sw

And you'd be wrong.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"taxed and spent" > wrote in message

> "Doris Night" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 04:15:34 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Do you make them at your house?

>>>I'll post two recipes, neither of which I followed but I wanted them for
>>>general amounts and bake time.
>>>
>>>http://www.mademan.com/mm/italian-ea...ie-recipe.html
>>>
>>>https://community.cookinglight.com/s...ian-Easter-Pie
>>>

>> Never heard of them until you brought it up.
>>
>> Neither of those recipes appeals to me at all, but then I don't care
>> for Italian-style cold meats.
>>
>> Doris

> aren't these hot - cold meats? or cold - hot - cold meats?

This is served cold or at room temp.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
news
> On 3/24/2016 6:32 PM, taxed and spent wrote:
>> "Doris Night" > wrote in message
>>> On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 04:15:34 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> Never heard of them until you brought it up.
>>>
>>> Neither of those recipes appeals to me at all, but then I don't care
>>> for Italian-style cold meats.
>>>
>>> Doris

>> aren't these hot - cold meats? or cold - hot - cold meats?
>>

> Dunno... meat pies that are cold? Why not just serve meat & cheese?

Tradition.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message

>>> I guess you don't know any Italians. My Facebook feed was loaded with
>>> pics of them yesterday.

>> No, I don't know many Italians.
>>
>> Jill

> I know many Italians. I was even in Italy the week before Easter a couple
> of years ago. Never heard of them.
>
> Asked my wife. Her father and grandparentd are from Italy. She never
> heard of them either.

Strange. I don't know too many Italians here but I do know one from
Brooklyn and when I asked her, she said her family made them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> No, I don't know many Italians.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I know many Italians. I was even in Italy the week before Easter a
>> couple of years ago. Never heard of them.
>>
>> Asked my wife. Her father and grandparentd are from Italy. She never
>> heard of them either.

> Must be one of those Bove Italian Easter Traditions. Go figure.

Nope.

Easter pies. Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 0 24-03-2016 07:37 AM
Haggen takeover has begun! Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 15 07-03-2015 04:18 PM
Christmas pics. Have you begun. Pandora General Cooking 0 03-12-2006 10:05 PM
Xmas decorations. Have you begun? Pandora General Cooking 99 16-12-2005 07:55 PM
The Noob Has Begun! Michael C. Neel Barbecue 17 02-06-2004 02:33 AM